Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? (17834 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor & His Wife Kiss In Church (Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:23am On Jan 04, 2015
Cos op de craze
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by OLAplusONE(m): 3:23am On Jan 04, 2015
Total gibberish of a write-up
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by html14java(f): 3:24am On Jan 04, 2015
Oya...make una tryGood one
MүСС

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1988873_happynewyear2015balloons60101_jpegd309989d2259c1c1f42866410d06fece

THIS SPACE

IN ASO ROCK

IS NOT FOR SALE

Beware of my son, Mohammadu gringringrin cool

[size=18pt]GEJ, 2009-2019[/size]

#BackFromBan
мémьея, SвAи
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Lex11(m): 3:32am On Jan 04, 2015
... and the objective/purpose of a guy wearing earrings like women typically do is??

That said/asked.. the closest prohibition (which occurred after your Exodus 32:2 reference) is:

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God." - Deuteronomy 22:5
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by BedLam: 3:38am On Jan 04, 2015
tr3y:

Same thing that makes putting on bra and panties wrong for a guy.
I wear panties. Where are you from? Men have been wearing panties before boxer briefs.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by easystudy101: 3:43am On Jan 04, 2015
efficiencie:
If women are permitted to wear earrings as an ornament so are the men as well! The verse below speaks volumes:

Exodus 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

The tradition of the Israelites was compatible with men and women wearing earrings as an ornament and it was as old as the time of Abraham. This is evident when Abraham's eldest servant seeking a wife for Isaac found Rebecca and gave her gifts and among the gifts was an earring.

Genesis 24:22
And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;

Now if by the tradition of the Israelites women wear earrings then men should also wear earrings...

Howeves in our time female Christians wear earrings as an outward adornment contrary to the doctrine (popularized by some):

1 Peter 3:3-4
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

but if female Christians are permitted to use earrings why aren't the male Christians permitted as well in some congregations?

Answers!

Minister of HOMOSEXUALITY, take your campaign to another place not here
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Oluwatosean(m): 4:01am On Jan 04, 2015
me i tink its wrong and come on, we dont need bible verses to differentiate good from bad. I tink its totally absurd
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by iamord(m): 4:06am On Jan 04, 2015
efficiencie:
If women are permitted to wear earrings as an ornament so are the men as well! The verse below speaks volumes:

Exodus 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

The tradition of the Israelites was compatible with men and women wearing earrings as an ornament and it was as old as the time of Abraham. This is evident when Abraham's eldest servant seeking a wife for Isaac found Rebecca and gave her gifts and among the gifts was an earring.

And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;

Now if by the tradition of the Israelites women wear earrings then men should also wear earrings...

Howeves in our time female Christians wear earrings as an outward adornment contrary to the doctrine (popularized by some):

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

but if female Christians are permitted to use earrings why aren't the male Christians permitted as well in some congregations?

Answers!
nice post!! Its just makes sense! Some men used to wear ear rings and bracelets in african tradition right before the advent of the whites , now they see it to be sinful, it just goes to show that there is a big mental brainwash and slavery

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by iamord(m): 4:08am On Jan 04, 2015
Reiyvinn:

They'll say "that was in the OT"

Mtcheww
exactly my brother!! Exactly!! If u don't need the OT tear it out, they only make use of it when it supports their point, hypocrites!!!
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by iamord(m): 4:10am On Jan 04, 2015
SuperModerator:
men should not wear what partaineth to a woman

authentic affordable customised jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2058146/original-foreign-customised-football-jerseys#29129704
because........... He brought quote to support it, you can't just give a plain talk and expect people to go with it, do u know that high heels were firstly worn by men? So are we now to see that women should not wear what partaineth to man , ?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by AreaFada2: 4:24am On Jan 04, 2015
So women wearing tight-fitting jeans trousers na abomination then.

Abi Naomi, Dorcas and all those ladies them rock trousers those days? cheesy

Maybe Boko guys can even use this to justify why women must cover up.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by lonelydora: 4:30am On Jan 04, 2015
Make my Papa kill me? I no fit try am.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 4:31am On Jan 04, 2015
fittty:
In Nigeria it's a social norm.. Come my church for hia dem Akata wia am plenty.

Where be your Church?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by fittty(m): 4:33am On Jan 04, 2015
ydass:

Where be your Church?
You Wan join? undecided
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by dallyemmy: 4:38am On Jan 04, 2015
Remember these people had one way or the other become Egyptians by association, just like the influence america has on so many visitors today! Before Jacob and his children went to Egypt we didn't read about them using earrings! Don't read the Bible out of context!
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Callfubu(m): 4:41am On Jan 04, 2015
cyprus000:
Its is not right,dont live under speculation and go to hell...check deutronomy 22:5 and see what the bible says abut this our topic
question is what is pertaineth to a man and a woman?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Sweatlock(m): 4:45am On Jan 04, 2015
Hmm it's slavery
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Atmmachine(m): 5:08am On Jan 04, 2015
Here in New York, we smoke in the church, My pastor has a big tattoo on his arm.. Nigerians have mentality.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Atmmachine(m): 5:17am On Jan 04, 2015
When you see female smokers on the streets of New York you go slap them ?? sad sad sad sad Nigerians una funny oo grin grin
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 5:33am On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=SuperModerator post=29470271]men should not wear what partaineth to a woman

How do you know what pertains to a woman ? Where is it written ?

I definitely know trousers were made long after the time of the bible. Who decided that it is okay for both genders ?

Your point just doesn't hold

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 5:35am On Jan 04, 2015
tr3y:

Same thing that makes putting on bra and panties wrong for a guy.

But that's an off point thing to say; our organs are different and as such have different needs.

But we both have ears of about the same size. So...

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Lakayanah: 5:38am On Jan 04, 2015
I am not saying men should start wearing earrings for it will be ridiculous and it's not the norm. But these pastors when they want oppress the congregation on money issues they run to the old testament. Every other thing they will say christ has paid the price so those issues should be forgotten.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 5:39am On Jan 04, 2015
Oluwatosean:
me i tink its wrong and come on, we dont need bible verses to differentiate good from bad. I tink its totally absurd

That's simply as a result of where you grew up and your traditions. And yes we need bible scriptures to differentiate

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 5:40am On Jan 04, 2015
easystudy101:

Minister of HOMOSEXUALITY, take your campaign to another place not here

Oh really ??!! So all men who wear earrings are homosexuals? What of those who wear chains ? Homosexuals too? And those who wear ornamental bands? Homosexuals too?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 5:46am On Jan 04, 2015
Truth is that most people don't have a logical answer to the op's question hence the personal insults they're hurling.

Motive is the most important thing as far as God is concerned. So no earrings are not bad. Yes they're odd cos of our culture but odd never equals bad. Not now not ever

Y'all can judge all you like but there's only one whose opinion really counts; GOD.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by illicit(m): 6:02am On Jan 04, 2015
The question is why do you want to wear earrings in the church, now am not religious, but aint nothing sacred to you? Must you defile everything and everywhere? If you are allowed, next year u will open another thread and ask, WHY ARE MALE CROSS DRESSERS NOT ALLOWED IN CHURCH? dude maintain ur sanity!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by diasporaman(m): 6:02am On Jan 04, 2015
To me, it's disgusting and irritating
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by peteruuu(m): 6:14am On Jan 04, 2015
It is even bad for a woman to put on earrings !!!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by easystudy101: 6:17am On Jan 04, 2015
sCross:

Oh really ??!! So all men who wear earrings are homosexuals? What of those who wear chains ? Homosexuals too? And those who wear ornamental bands? Homosexuals too?

When your daughter gets ready for marriage, find a guy that wear earrings and nose perching and tounge ring and any other type of body ring
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Olusharp(m): 6:20am On Jan 04, 2015
efficiencie:

Answers!

That is your answer. It is in accordance with the isrealites tradition, it is against ours!
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by easystudy101: 6:23am On Jan 04, 2015
Atmmachine:
Here in New York, we smoke in the church, My pastor has a big tattoo on his arm.. Nigerians have mentality.

What bible is your pastor using? I know the bible says no uncleanliness in his house and don't difile your body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Bushiri Gives BMW X3 To 2 Members Of Media His Team (Photos) / Palm Sunday Was Kegyte World Gyration By AB Jesus / Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.