Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,718 members, 7,824,042 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? (17891 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor & His Wife Kiss In Church (Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by samuelkew(m): 9:09am On Jan 07, 2015
They are worn as gods for protection so men and women wore them. Aaron collected it as gods. Jacob collected in Genesis 35 and buried them as part of strange gods. It was not just a norm but a form of amulets.God made them get rings from Egyptians as a beauty items but the mind already acculturated the pagan connection. As it was so it is this day.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by samuelkew(m): 9:11am On Jan 07, 2015
They are worn as gods for protection so men and women wore them then
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by efficiencie(m): 9:45am On Jan 07, 2015
samuelkew:
They are worn as gods for protection so men and women wore them. Aaron collected it as gods. Jacob collected in Genesis 35 and buried them as part of strange gods. It was not just a norm but a form of amulets.God made them get rings from Egyptians as a beauty items but the mind already acculturated the pagan connection. As it was so it is this day.

so must women wear earrings? and if women can, why can't men wear earrings? why is the use of earrings gender specific?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Yahushuabride1: 7:37am On Jan 04, 2016
efficiencie:
If women are permitted to wear earrings as an ornament so are the men as well! The verse below speaks volumes:

Exodus 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

The tradition of the Israelites was compatible with men and women wearing earrings as an ornament and it was as old as the time of Abraham. This is evident when Abraham's eldest servant seeking a wife for Isaac found Rebecca and gave her gifts and among the gifts was an earring.

Genesis 24:22
And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;

Now if by the tradition of the Israelites women wear earrings then men should also wear earrings...

Howeves in our time female Christians wear earrings as an outward adornment contrary to the doctrine (popularized by some):

1 Peter 3:3-4
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

but if female Christians are permitted to use earrings why aren't the male Christians permitted as well in some congregations?

Answers!

This OP is very intelligent oh !! This is a well-thought- out question that should be taken seriously, deeply and not on face value.

I'm a female Christian living in a Western country; I used to wear earrings, until the Lord Jesus spoke to me during an all-night vigil in 2009, to take-off my ornaments and replace them with the word of God.
During the all-night vigil, the Pastor asked each of us one after the order, what the Lord Jesus told us during the prayers, we told him; however, the Pastor could not make sense out of what I told him, as I had heard from the Lord Jesus.
I never had peace in my heart about earring/s until one day in year 2013, I found myself, asking this same question that the OP is asking here.

I live in a Western country, and I was interviewing people, then one after the other, the males who were coming for the interview had earring/s on, and some females as well. I also had my earrings on back then.
Then I asked myself this question, should a man should wear earrings or not ? ", but then it dawned on me that I had no moral right to criticise a man or boy for wearing earring/s, if I myself was wearing earring/s. This is simply because THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE HOLY BIBLE THAT STATES SPECIFICALLY THAT EARRINGS ARE MEANT FOR ONLY WOMEN !!!

From that day onwards I finally put-off my earrings for good. Never to wear them anymore. I've stopped putting on all forms of ornaments on my body, for the same reason, and as backed by the Holy scriptures in 1 PETER 3: 3-5, 1 TIMOTHY 2: 9-10, and some other old testament bible verses - aforementioned on this thread- that serve as eye-openers for me on this issue of earrings.

So now, I can gladly say that I've finally obeyed what my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ told me to do in 2009.

Earring/s date back from Pagan culture, and in that cultural sense, both males and females used it.
Finally, Earrings are not exclusively meant for women alone. If you forbid men from wearing earrings, then you must forbid women from wearing earrings.
If you forbid men from wearing dresses then you must forbid women from wearing trousers.
If you allow a woman to wear earrings, and her son/s wish to wear earrings as well, that woman has herself to blame.

These days men shave their head-hair and women shave their head-hair to church too.

PLEASE CHRISTIAN MEN AND CHRISTIAN WOMEN SHOULD NOT WEAR ORNAMENTS - EARRINGS, NOSE RINGS, WEDDING RINGS, BRACELETS, NECKLACES, ANKLETS E.T.C !!!

CHRISTIANS PLEASE GO TO GOOGLE AND CHECK THE ORIGIN OF WEDDING RINGS. DON'T BE IGNORANT OF THE WILES OF THE DEVIL.

The bible says Christian women are not supposed to shave the head-hair, see 1 Corinthians 11.

Unfortunately, these days everybody does what they want and what they like, they say the bible is irrelevant today.

My beliefs, dress codes and life style are strictly based on the Holy bible, because it never loses its relevance as far as I'm concerned.

I hope my small contribution here has helped you all.

Thanks.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Yahushuabride1: 7:45am On Jan 04, 2016
efficiencie:
If women are permitted to wear earrings as an ornament so are the men as well! The verse below speaks volumes:

Exodus 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

The tradition of the Israelites was compatible with men and women wearing earrings as an ornament and it was as old as the time of Abraham. This is evident when Abraham's eldest servant seeking a wife for Isaac found Rebecca and gave her gifts and among the gifts was an earring.

Genesis 24:22
And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;

Now if by the tradition of the Israelites women wear earrings then men should also wear earrings...

Howeves in our time female Christians wear earrings as an outward adornment contrary to the doctrine (popularized by some):

1 Peter 3:3-4
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

but if female Christians are permitted to use earrings why aren't the male Christians permitted as well in some congregations?

Answers!

This OP is very intelligent oh !! This is a well-thought- out question that should be taken seriously, deeply and not on face value.

I'm a female Christian living in a Western country; I used to wear earrings, until the Lord Jesus spoke to me during an all-night vigil in 2009, to take-off my ornaments and replace them with the word of God.
During the all-night vigil, the Pastor asked each of us one after the order, what the Lord Jesus told us during the prayers, we told him; however, the Pastor could not make sense out of what I told him - as per what I had heard from the Lord Jesus pertaining me putting-off my earrings.
I never had peace in my heart about earring/s until one day in year 2013, I was asking myself this same question that the OP is asking here.

I live in a Western country, and I was interviewing people, then one after the other, the males who were coming for the interview had earring/s on, and some females as well. I also had my earrings on back then.
Then I asked myself this question, " should a man wear earrings or not ? ", but then it dawned on me that I had no moral right to criticise a man or boy for wearing earring/s, if I myself was wearing earring/s. This is simply because THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE HOLY BIBLE THAT STATES SPECIFICALLY THAT EARRINGS ARE MEANT FOR ONLY WOMEN !

From that day onwards I finally put-off my earrings for good. Never to wear them anymore. I've stopped putting on all forms of ornaments on my body, for the same reason, and as backed by the Holy scriptures in 1 PETER 3: 3-5, 1 TIMOTHY 2: 9-10, and some other old testament bible verses - aforementioned on this thread- that serve as eye-openers for me on this issue of earrings.

So now, I can gladly say that I've finally obeyed what my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ told me to do in 2009.

Earring/s date back from Pagan culture, and in that cultural sense, both males and females used it.
Finally, Earrings are not exclusively meant for women alone. If you forbid men from wearing earrings, then you must forbid women from wearing earrings.
If you forbid men from wearing dresses then you must forbid women from wearing trousers.
If you allow a woman to wear earrings, and her son/s wish to wear earrings as well, that woman has herself to blame.

These days men shave their head-hair and women shave their head-hair to church too.

The bible says Christian women are not supposed to shave their head-hair, see 1 Corinthians 11.

Unfortunately, these days everybody does what they want and what they like, they say the bible is irrelevant today.

PLEASE CHRISTIAN MEN AND CHRISTIAN WOMEN SHOULD NOT WEAR ORNAMENTS - EARRINGS, NOSE RINGS, WEDDING RINGS, BRACELETS, NECKLACES, ANKLETS E.T.C !

CHRISTIANS PLEASE GO TO GOOGLE AND CHECK THE ORIGIN OF WEDDING RINGS. DON'T BE IGNORANT OF THE WILES OF THE DEVIL.

By the grace of God, my beliefs, dress codes and life style are strictly based on the Holy bible, because the Holy Bible never loses its relevance as far as I'm concerned.

I hope my small contribution here has helped you all.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Drags Factional Group To EFCC Over Embezzlement / Gay Church Opens In Igboland / "Every Gang Up Against Christianity In Nigeria Will Not Stand" - Oyedepo Prays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.