Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? (18280 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor & His Wife Kiss In Church (Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
barnabas91:
I feel like slapping d op.....can u wear ear_ring as a guy 2 a job interview in bank?
In this part of the world he probably can't and won't dare.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by SAMBARRY: 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
CyrusXandria:
In this part of the world he probably can't and won't dear.
dare not dear undecided . graduate indeed undecided

can't differentiate between the two but can judge. See his mouth like interview undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by SAMBARRY: 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
CyrusXandria:
What's the rationale behind outright outlaw?

Forget Church,women should be outlawed from wearing trousers.

yeah'right.the same way you can easily outlaw hijab if you were a policy maker undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
CyrusXandria:
What's the rationale behind outright outlaw?

Forget Church,women should be outlawed from wearing trousers.

No rationale whatsoever. That was more of a personal preference, hence "tongue". I don't believe in clothing restrictions apart from the obvious.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Barezzi(m): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
hifaif:

Effeminacy has nothing to do with earrings. Warriors of old wore them. Sango was known to plait his hair.

Whose gender role was cooking in traditional African society? I believe it was the woman's. Don't we have men that cook for their wives today? Would you say they are effeminate?

The word 'EFFEMINATE' goes beyond sounding or looking like a woman. I even wonder if sounding or looking like a woman is a sin by itself. Or have you not seen men or boys that look girlish without makeups or earrings? Is it their fault. What about girls that look and sound like boys?

I will advise that you go and read fully on EFFEMINACY.
Great post!!
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
Barezzi:

Great post!!

Thanks, bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sukkot: 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
no mind them.awon bush meats. What's the big deal in men wearing earings undecided
its just cultural differences as i see it and nothing to do with religion. in some cultures men wear ear-rings

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by SAMBARRY: 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
sukkot:
its just cultural differences as i see it and nothing to do with religion. in some cultures men wear ear-rings[/b]
some people can't just see beyond their nose undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by crudedude(m): 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
There's nothing wrong with it. Don't forget to also wear it to work on Monday.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by adedayourt(m): 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
hifaif:

Come on, guy, you know that lady has been brainwashed.

Nd u open ur eyes dem dey brainwash ur fellow NLer.
I yaf counted dat against u
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
dare not dear undecided . graduate indeed undecided

can't differentiate between the two but can judge. See his mouth like interview undecided
Seriously dude,its typographical thanks to spellcheck prediction.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
adedayourt:

Nd u open ur eyes dem dey brainwash ur fellow NLer.
I yaf counted dat against u

She had been brainwashed before I knew her. But don't you worry, very soon, all this madness will end.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yeah'right.the same way you can easily outlaw hijab if you were a policy maker undecided
You do have a problem.Could you not see it was a clear response to her comment.You have no reason to support an outlaw for earrings.I responded in kind to something similar that is still revered as for men only.

Don't quote me anymore please.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by adedayourt(m): 6:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
hifaif:

She had been brainwashed before I knew her. But don't you worry, very soon, all this madness will end.

All des ll end cus I know der aint no madness nower
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

No rationale whatsoever. That was more of a personal preference, hence "tongue". I don't believe in clothing restrictions apart from the obvious.
Much better,the earlier was rather bigoted.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by SAMBARRY: 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
CyrusXandria:
You do have a problem.Could you not see it was a clear response to her comment.You have no reason to support an outlaw for earrings.I responded in kind to something similar that is still revered as for men only.

Don't quote me anymore please.
why?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
adedayourt:

All des ll end cus I know der aint no madness nower

There was a time when Europe was like this. But the Age of Enlightenment ended the madness. It has happened before. It will happen again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by adedayourt(m): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
hifaif:

There was a time when Europe was like this. But the Age of Enlightenment ended the madness. It has happened before. It will happen again.

Help my ignoramus, wats d madness
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
adedayourt:

Help my ignoramus, wats d madness

Religion, esp. Christianity and Islam

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by adedayourt(m): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
hifaif:

Religion, esp. Christianity and Islam

U mean christainity is d mad nd islam is d ness, both of dem join make madness abi.

I comment my reserve hereafter
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by efficiencie(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
koligs:
@op, its obvious ur brain isn't connected to ur head....

My brother i just asked a question to challenge the gender attachment to the use of earrings...As christianrg we are bound by the tradition of scripture and scripture did not assign earrings to women alone as seen in the quoted verse.

Earrings do not make you male or female or otherwise... My personal view is that no piercings, marks and attachments be made to the body and we all know that the use of earrings requires piercing or attachments...as 1 Peter 3:3 states outward adornment should not be priority.

1Pet 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by efficiencie(m): 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
SuperModerator:
men should not wear what partaineth to a woman

authentic affordable customised jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2058146/original-foreign-customised-football-jerseys#29129704

scripture did not assign earrings to women alone as seen in the quoted verse...and Exodus 32:2

and if your comment is valid then women should not wear trousers and the likes!
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by efficiencie(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
dawealthiestman:
OP, this post is HIGHLY unnecessary. Did you wear any piece of earrings (even to church ) and get any harassment? Why don't you do the needful and tell us about your experience. Another post by a randy teenager.

I don't believe in outward adornment...i adhere to:

1Pet 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward
adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of
gold, or of putting on of apparel;

i'm only asking a question to challenge the morality of wearing earrings...if women must wear them, men should also be permitted...and if men musn't women also musn't!

ps: I am not randy and i am not a teenager... your hasty deduction could be devastating...
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
The fact dat it is written doesnt make it explicitly right. Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. (NIV) 1.4 - Tit 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. God didnt sanction this ok, they were just following their personal will ok
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by efficiencie(m): 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
The fact dat it is written doesnt make it explicitly right. Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men. (NIV) 1.4 - Tit 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. God didnt sanction this ok, they were just following their personal will ok

Then sir must women wear earrings if men are not permitted to?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
efficiencie:

Then sir must women wear earrings if men are not permitted to?
Y not.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by efficiencie(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Y not.

that's wrong sir...If scriptures did not specifically permit women to wear earrings and earliest jewish traditions permit even men to wear earrings...

I advocate that if women must wear earrings then men can too and if men musn't then women musn't...
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
efficiencie:

that's wrong sir...If scriptures did not specifically permit women to wear earrings and earliest jewish traditions permit even men to wear earrings...

I advocate that if women must wear earrings then men can too and if men musn't then women musn't...
U re a member of which church?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by efficiencie(m): 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
U re a member of which church?

synagogue church of all nations, MFM, champions royal assembly, mercyland deliverance ministry...anywhere the name of God is named and his altar is installed i worship there...
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
efficiencie:

synagogue church of all nations, MFM, champions royal assembly, mercyland deliverance ministry...anywhere the name of God is named and his altar is installed i worship there...
Hmmmmm salad christian gringringrin
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by efficiencie(m): 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
yea d@s w@ i am...they are all for me... 1Cor 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by validplanet: 8:25am On Jan 07, 2015
how abt lips stick, eye pencil, bangles etc?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr. Sign Fireman Becomes United Nations Peace Ambassador / Nicholas Chukwuemeka Tagbo Burial Ceremony In Onitsha (Photos) / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.