Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? (17856 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor & His Wife Kiss In Church (Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 04, 2015
Janetozi:
better, the devil is ur right companion and may he always stand at ur right hand. amen

Calm down, sweetheart. You have been brainwashed.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by adedayourt(m): 8:38am On Jan 04, 2015
Why should a man wear earings @all

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by adedayourt(m): 8:40am On Jan 04, 2015
hifaif:

Calm down, sweetheart. You have been brainwashed.

Ur opinion is as a result of excess use of hypo/jik on ur medular.

tongue
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by adedayourt(m): 8:42am On Jan 04, 2015
pDude:
And who said they can't? undecided undecided

Many men in the church my wife drags me to wear earrings so kini bug deal? undecided undecided undecided

Pls which church is dat sire
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Janetozi(f): 8:43am On Jan 04, 2015
M4gunners:
Can you back up ur claim with a bible passages because this Exodus 32:2 is really not condemning it.
genesis 35 vs 2-4

35 vs 2: the Jacob said unto his household, & all that were with him, put away ur strange gods that are among u and be clean, and change ur garments:

3: and let us arise, and go up to bethel and i will make there an alter unto God, who answered me in the days of my distress, and was with me in the way which i went

4: and they gave Jacob all their strange gods.........

U can read to the end for a better understanding

exodus 33 vs 4-5

and when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his Ornaments.

5: for God said unto Moses, say unto the children of Israel, ye are a stiff people: i will come up into the midst of thee in a Moment, and consume thee, therefore now put off ur ornament from thee, that i may know what to do unto thee.

NOTE That statement "put off ur ornament from thee"

bye bye, its church time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2015
adedayourt:

Ur opinion is as a result of excess use of hypo/jik on ur medular.

tongue

Come on, guy, you know that lady has been brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by M4gunners: 8:49am On Jan 04, 2015
Janetozi:
genesis 35 vs 2-4

35 vs 2: the Jacob said unto his household, & all that were with him, put away ur strange gods that are among u and be clean, and change ur garments:

3: and let us arise, and go up to bethel and i will make there an alter unto God, who answered me in the days of my distress, and was with me in the way which i went

4: and they gave Jacob all their strange gods.........

U can read to the end for a better understanding

exodus 33 vs 4-5

and when the people heard these evil tidings, they mourned: and no man did put on him his Ornaments.

5: for God said unto Moses, say unto the children of Israel, ye are a stiff people: i will come up into the midst of thee in a Moment, and consume thee, therefore now put off ur ornament from thee, that i may know what to do unto thee.

NOTE That statement "put off ur ornament from thee"

bye bye, its church time.

But is definitely not talking to Men alone,instead for both s3x.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by ProdigyLoco(m): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2015
Question of the year
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by celeron40(m): 9:07am On Jan 04, 2015
koligs:
@op, its obvious ur brain isn't connected to ur head....
gringrin how do you people come up with this statements? grin
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 04, 2015
Forget church, men should be outlawed from wearing earrings period tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by ochon: 9:11am On Jan 04, 2015
sCross:
Truth is that most people don't have a logical answer to the op's question hence the personal insults they're hurling.

Motive is the most important thing as far as God is concerned. So no earrings are not bad. Yes they're odd cos of our culture but odd never equals bad. Not now not ever

Y'all can judge all you like but there's only one whose opinion really counts; GOD.

God bless you for this!! I've read all the moronic comments here and NONE of them have shown where God said we (men) shouldn't wear earrings.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 9:17am On Jan 04, 2015
easystudy101:

Wearing earrings is an african tradition male/female (east and South African tradition)

But the fact is those who wear earring are not wearing "male" earrings if you know what I mean.

I apologize for the "daughter" example. Thanks for pointing that out

Lool, those earrings are massive!!
No qualms smiley
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by LordReed(m): 9:29am On Jan 04, 2015
efficiencie:
If women are permitted to wear earrings as an ornament so are the men as well! The verse below speaks volumes:

Exodus 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

The tradition of the Israelites was compatible with men and women wearing earrings as an ornament and it was as old as the time of Abraham. This is evident when Abraham's eldest servant seeking a wife for Isaac found Rebecca and gave her gifts and among the gifts was an earring.

Genesis 24:22
And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;

Now if by the tradition of the Israelites women wear earrings then men should also wear earrings...

Howeves in our time female Christians wear earrings as an outward adornment contrary to the doctrine (popularized by some):

1 Peter 3:3-4
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

but if female Christians are permitted to use earrings why aren't the male Christians permitted as well in some congregations?

Answers!

There is nothing wrong with being naked but social norms have dedicated that you should keep your unclothedness private. So it is with earrings for men, nothing wrong but social norms make such men to be viewed with distrust.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by simdam500(m): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2015
I dey mad!!!

I don turn deeper life
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by delishpot: 10:03am On Jan 04, 2015
efficiencie:
If women are permitted to wear earrings as an ornament so are the men as well! The verse below speaks volumes:

Whose adorning let it not be that outward [b]adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

but if female Christians are permitted to use earrings why aren't the male Christians permitted as well in some congregations?

Answers!

Should they also stop plaiting hair and wearing clothes?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by orble: 10:21am On Jan 04, 2015
vooks:
Listen up negroes,
Christianity does not thrive in a vacuum. There is the culture,norms and traditions in the society. This means churches are at liberty to invoke these as long as they don't void God's commands

What if this guy was your kid's Sunday School teacher?
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStJy9o4pa_nmKwU-gmRhFmcJcEEHdZegCrEtq2zoJIkW-erEQuf_xTT9kg[/img]

Well, We shall go to Caucas forums and insult them.

Mugu
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by barnabas91: 10:59am On Jan 04, 2015
I feel like slapping d op.....can u wear ear_ring as a guy 2 a job interview in bank?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by StreamerBlogger: 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
Josh1000:
It is not décent

1corinthians 14:40 -Let All things be done decently and in order
To u sha....hypocritical minds.
Mtcheew
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by miketayo(m): 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
it has nothing to do with religion, its more of a culture thing.. I have seen men wear it in other countries. but as an AFRICAN MAN its not proper

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by miketayo(m): 12:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
material988:
A word is enough for the wise.
its not right for a man to be looking like a woman, the bible said as many that do this will end up in hell.
1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
If you check the meaning of the word "EFFEMINATE"
"the Oxford advanced dictionary 6th edition says and i quote, effeminate (of a man or a boy) looking, behaving or sounding like a woman or girl". end of quote.
let he that has an ear let him hear what the spirit is saying.
study the word of God to show yourself approved a work man that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word if truth. thanks

and who said earrings r only made for females? there r earrings made for men that women shouldnt wear. also a man with earring doest look like a woman unless he has a skirt with it. don`t twist the bible, we don`t wear it in Nigeria cos its odd or weird and we feel the man is not responsible period
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
Its just the overconservativeness of the Nigerian society.Also it has to do with the misinterpretation of the Bible.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by thewarrior72: 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
efficiencie:

Exodus 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

The tradition of the Israelites was compatible with men and women wearing earrings as an ornament and it was as old as the time of Abraham. This is evident when Abraham's eldest servant seeking a wife for Isaac found Rebecca and gave her gifts and among the gifts was an earring.

Genesis 24:22
And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;

Now if by the tradition of the Israelites women wear earrings then men should also wear earrings...

Howeves in our time female Christians wear earrings as an outward adornment contrary to the doctrine (popularized by some):

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Answers!
Some thread are not worth commenting on & this happened to be one of them, however, I will dignify this misguided op with a response.
The heading of ur topic should read this way, "WHY CAN'T YORUBA MEN WEAR EARRINGS TO CHURCH". Culturally, morally & religiously other tribes in Nigeria loath & abhor such perversions & alien lifestyle, but It's only accepted in yoruba land. In the course of sojourning in southwest, I have come to realise that the word decency/decent does not exist in their dictionary, rather holiganism & indecency is their watch word. While their men piece they two ears with two earrings , the women put 3 in one side & 3,the other side, with 1 in the nose & 1 in below the lips.

I hope I have answered ur question
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by obiak4(m): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
pDude:
And who said they can't? undecided undecided

Many men in the church my wife drags me to wear earrings so kini bug deal? undecided undecided undecided

wow what the name of the Church bro dusting my shoe to come see American wonder hope it's here in 9ja
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by drololaaof: 1:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
You quoted where Aaron demand for ornament but what is the outcome? Graven image that bring curse and calamity worshipping of idol. You are one of those that are encouraging homosexuality or you wan introduce homo by style?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by liricyst(m): 2:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
This is simple really..whatever group you find yourself in..you have to conform to their rules

If a church frowns on guys wearing earrings...take off your earrings and go and worship God..is it fused to your ears?
There is a certain church sef that doesn't let women wear earrings..and their women don't...cos they conform to the rules of where they want to be in

I don't condemn earrings..there was a time i wore studs when i was younger...but to clubs.

There are clubs that even have dress codes and rules...anyone who keeps to the dress code of a club but criticises how each individual church has its own dress rules.....is just..no comment
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Josh1000: 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
ikesim:
what makes it indecent...pls explain

Its culturally seen as Irresponsibility
You need to be careful of How people see you
Never let your good be evil spoken of
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by tr3y(m): 3:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
BedLam:
I wear panties. Where are you from? Men have been wearing panties before boxer briefs.

Gay alert. Straight guys please exit this territory.

Not in this 21st century abi you be WWE professional ni?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
cyprus000:
Its is not right,dont live under speculation and go to hell...check deutronomy 22:5 and see what the bible says abut this our topic

This is the only scripture people like you quote. Where in the Bible does it say that earrings belong to men? Stop spreading false rumours and scaring gullible people unnecessairily. Keep your brainwashing to yourself.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by tr3y(m): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
sCross:

But that's an off point thing to say; our organs are different and as such have different needs.

But we both have ears of about the same size. So...
In my own opinion, ear stud might not be bad, but for a guy to put on a big earring then he must be gay or acting out a crazy Nollywood script.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by SAMBARRY: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
sukkot:
they can if they want. ear-rings is not gender specific
no mind them.awon bush meats. What's the big deal in men wearing earings undecided
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by SAMBARRY: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
netizenbuzz:

This is the only scripture people like you quote. Where in the Bible does it say that earrings belong to men? Stop spreading false rumours and scaring gullible people unnecessairily. Keep your brainwashing to yourself.
I don taya. I don't know who gave some Nigeria religious extremists the right to judge undecided
that's one of the major reasons I don't like delving here. Because of self appointed judges above undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Forget church, men should be outlawed from wearing earrings period tongue
What's the rationale behind outright outlaw?

Forget Church,women should be outlawed from wearing trousers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Indicates Jesus As Her Next Of Kin While Filing A Travel Manifest / What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? / 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.