Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? (17835 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor & His Wife Kiss In Church (Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by 1runm0le(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2015
I wonder... undecided
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Williamso(m): 6:41am On Jan 04, 2015
The comments on this thread are reasons why Nairaland Christians disgust me angry
All the "Christians" quoting Deuteronomy 22:5, even the OP's post says the earrings are not just a female attire, so claiming men can't wear it because it's for women is balderdash!!!
None of you NL Christians can quote a single verse to counter the OP so you go on hurling insults: imagine someone typing "Minister of Homosexuality"!!! *spits* angry angry

Fact is, guys don't wear earrings to church because it's against our societal norms. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by material988(m): 6:42am On Jan 04, 2015
A word is enough for the wise.
its not right for a man to be looking like a woman, the bible said as many that do this will end up in hell.
1 Corinthians 6:9 KJV
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
If you check the meaning of the word "EFFEMINATE"
"the Oxford advanced dictionary 6th edition says and i quote, effeminate (of a man or a boy) looking, behaving or sounding like a woman or girl". end of quote.
let he that has an ear let him hear what the spirit is saying.
study the word of God to show yourself approved a work man that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word if truth. thanks
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by M4gunners: 6:42am On Jan 04, 2015
Op my own no dey commot 4 my Ear.I dey wear am to Church hia.I even have it on 31 night in the Church. Oyibo no care wetin u wear t Church as far sayu no dey naked. Some church hia no even send for ur Offering, na only naija and Africans Pastor dey Look for offering.
If pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Chris Okotie can pem dia hairs still get congregation in dia church . Still have fat bank accounts, still own the latest car out dia,God no vex,he will not vex too 4me because of earring.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Theanonymous9: 6:43am On Jan 04, 2015
Atmmachine:
Here in New York, we smoke in the church, My pastor has a big tattoo on his arm.. Nigerians have mentality.

grin tattoo of what? This guy must be funny..
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Janetozi(f): 6:44am On Jan 04, 2015
pDude:
And who said they can't? undecided undecided

Many men in the church my wife drags me to wear earrings so kini bug deal? undecided undecided undecided

which church be that one.

What is the name of the church?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 6:45am On Jan 04, 2015
easystudy101:

When your daughter gets ready for marriage, find a guy that wear earrings and nose perching and tounge ring and any other type of body ring

First off, it's not my place to find a man for my daughter.

Secondly i passed across my opinion without making personal remarks. I'd suggest you do the same; it's how intellectuals argue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by easystudy101: 6:48am On Jan 04, 2015
sCross:

Secondly i passed across my opinion without making personal remarks. I'd suggest you do the same; it's how intellectuals argue

I tried to put it in perspective AND since you take it like a personal attack, it goes to show that you don't even believe it's appropriate for men to wear earrings to church
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by M4gunners: 6:50am On Jan 04, 2015
material988:
its not right for a man to be looking like a woman, the bible said as many that do this will end up in hell.
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
"the Oxford advanced dictionary 6th edition says and i quote, effeminate (of a man or a boy) looking, behaving or sounding like a woman or girl". end of quote.
study the word of God to show yourself approved a work man that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word if truth. thanks
Bros EFFEMINATE here in my own understanding is referring to Homo abi?Ear ring is not only made for women na.So should we still blame women for wearing Trousers?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Janetozi(f): 7:01am On Jan 04, 2015
M4gunners:
Op my own no dey commot 4 my Ear.I dey wear am to Church hia.I even have it on 31 night in the Church. Oyibo no care wetin u wear t Church as far sayu no dey naked. Some church hia no even send for ur Offering, na only naija and Africans Pastor dey Look for offering.
If pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Chris Okotie can pem dia hairs still get congregation in dia church . Still have fat bank accounts, still own the latest car out dia,God no vex,he will not vex too 4me because of earring.
the question is,

are pastor Christ Oyakilome and Okotie working and serving the true God?

Do you think they are genuine men of God?

By the way,

why do some people like emulating evil?

Are pastor Christ oyakilome and okotie the only men of God in Nigeria that u know?

Why is it hard to emulate pastor Odukoya of (MFM), kumuyi of (deeper life) Adeboye of (redeem) etc?

I will tell u y

it is because men love even.
The gate of hell is broad and that of heaven is narrow.
Evil is cheap

you love evil, u embraced evil and u dwell in evil that is y u emulate evil.

Jesus know his people.

devil also know his people.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 04, 2015
Every Church has its own rule, doctrine and administration. In some churches women are allowed to open their hair and in others they aren't allowed. So it all depends on the church if they will allow such or not buh we all know Nigerian Churches condemn men wearing of Earrings to church and by not respecting the church rule, you are not respecting God. OP hope I answered ur question.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by M4gunners: 7:12am On Jan 04, 2015
Janetozi:
the question is,

By the way,

Are pastor Christ oyakilome and okotie the only men of God in Nigeria that u know?

Why is it hard to emulate pastor Odukoya of (MFM), kumuyi of (deeper life) Adeboye of (redeem) etc?

I will tell u y

Evil is cheap

Jesus know his people.

Aunty good morning and happy new year. Me emulate Adeboye never. This Man is using private jet,why members trekked to Church. Na so God talk am?I rather emulate pastor Kumuyi.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 7:17am On Jan 04, 2015
material988:

You're right. Who determines what is effeminate ? Scots wear skirts, what are your thoughts on that ?

Thing is society is changing and culture as well. Centuries ago a woman wearing trousers was unheard of. Not anymore

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by sCross: 7:26am On Jan 04, 2015
easystudy101:

I tried to put it in perspective AND since you take it like a personal attack, it goes to show that you don't even believe it's appropriate for men to wear earrings to church

Naah, i said remarks. I just think it inappropriate to mention one's family member irrespective of what we're debating on.

Let me be clear; I don't find anything wrong with wearing it to church.

It's funny that several people condemning ear rings wear neck chains to church and have no issues . But that's story for another day

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Janetozi(f): 7:27am On Jan 04, 2015
M4gunners:
Aunty good morning and happy new year. Me emulate Adeboye never. This Man is using private jet,why members trekked to Church. Na so God talk am?I rather emulate pastor Kumuyi.
better, but be aware that if u wear earring and go near kumuyi, he will see u as somebody that needs deliverance.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by vooks: 7:33am On Jan 04, 2015
Listen up negroes,
Christianity does not thrive in a vacuum. There is the culture,norms and traditions in the society. This means churches are at liberty to invoke these as long as they don't void God's commands

What if this guy was your kid's Sunday School teacher?
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStJy9o4pa_nmKwU-gmRhFmcJcEEHdZegCrEtq2zoJIkW-erEQuf_xTT9kg[/img]
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by M4gunners: 7:35am On Jan 04, 2015
Janetozi:
better, but be aware that if u wear earring and go near kumuyi, he will see u as somebody that needs deliverance.
The above quote from the book of Exodus 32:2 didn't condemned earring or not?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by stevesheddy(m): 7:37am On Jan 04, 2015
The thing is, how does the society look at men who wear earrings in this part of our world?
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Atigba: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2015
Of cuz

I wear earring

There is nothing wrong with it
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2015
Janetozi:
the question is,

By the way,

I will tell u y

Evil is cheap

Jesus know his people.

Emulate who? These gods of men? Never! I would rather emulate the devil.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by caniva(m): 7:53am On Jan 04, 2015
Sitting on the fence while you all comments. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 04, 2015
sCross:

Sensible!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Janetozi(f): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2015
M4gunners:
The above quote from the book of Exodus 32:2 didn't condemned earring or not?
yes! It condemns earring that is y Aaron says "break of" and not "put on"

Aaron later used the earring to fashion a molten calf & that makes earring an idolatry.

And Aaron proclaimed the molten calf as "the god which brought them out of the land of Egypt. Thereby making earring another god. Etc
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Janetozi(f): 8:01am On Jan 04, 2015
hifaif:

Emulate who? These gods of men? Never! I would rather emulate the devil.
better, the devil is ur right companion and may he always stand at ur right hand. amen
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by liricyst(m): 8:04am On Jan 04, 2015
So you went through the Holy Bible just to find verses that can allow you wear your earring to church?? SMH
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2015
material988:

Effeminacy has nothing to do with earrings. Warriors of old wore them. Sango was known to plait his hair.

Whose gender role was cooking in traditional African society? I believe it was the woman's. Don't we have men that cook for their wives today? Would you say they are effeminate?

The word 'EFFEMINATE' goes beyond sounding or looking like a woman. I even wonder if sounding or looking like a woman is a sin by itself. Or have you not seen men or boys that look girlish without makeups or earrings? Is it their fault. What about girls that look and sound like boys?

I will advise that you go and read fully on EFFEMINACY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by qualified(f): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2015
Add me back

stinggy:

Exactly!
Forgetting Malachi used for almost all the teachings on tithing is in Old Testament also undecided
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by stinggy(m): 8:13am On Jan 04, 2015
qualified:
Add me back: 7EE8***E

Wondering why 'havillah' wasn't going too.
You've got explanations to give angry angry tongue grin
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by silentachieverr(m): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2015
In my opinion, men wearing ornaments isn't a bad thing since the bible (old testament) doesn't condemn it. But common sense also tells you, when in Rome, behave ljke the Romans. The Nigerian society generally frowns at men wearing earrings and most churches too. If there is a church that allows it, then no problem. Sha don't wear it to deeper life or MFM church if you dont want to b disgraced. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by M4gunners: 8:19am On Jan 04, 2015
Janetozi:
yes! It condemns earring that is y Aaron says "break of" and not "put on"

Aaron later used the earring to fashion a molten calf & that makes earring an idolatry.

And Aaron proclaimed the molten calf as "the god which brought them out of the land of Egypt. Thereby making earring another god. Etc
Can you back up ur claim with a bible passages because this Exodus 32:2 is really not condemning it.
Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by easystudy101: 8:23am On Jan 04, 2015
sCross:

Naah, i said remarks. I just think it inappropriate to mention one's family member irrespective of what we're debating on.

Let me be clear; I don't find anything wrong with wearing it to church.

It's funny that several people condemning ear rings wear neck chains to church and have no issues . But that's story for another day

Wearing earrings is an african tradition male/female (east and South African tradition)

But the fact is those who wear earring are not wearing "male" earrings if you know what I mean.

I apologize for the "daughter" example. Thanks for pointing that out

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? by brightisodje(m): 8:23am On Jan 04, 2015
M4gunners:
were u come from basket mouth nor do reach like dis b4 e blow Eaton happened to u op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Bushiri Gives BMW X3 To 2 Members Of Media His Team (Photos) / Palm Sunday Was Kegyte World Gyration By AB Jesus / Adeboye Speaks On Holy Communion, 1850 Pastors Ordained,109 Born @ Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.