Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men (54190 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Handsome Nigerian Men *pics* / Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by ianSweet(f): 9:32am On Jan 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Faze is from Delta Igbo, not Benue state.

@O.p, .....Faze is from Delta. But sometimes i have seen in some places where it was written that he is from Benue. Even i myself tot he was from Benue.
I think this mistake is often made because Tu face & Blackface are both from Benue, hence people tend to generalize all 3 of them who were formerly Plantashun boyz as all from Benue, but only Tu face & Blackface are from Benue, Faze is a deltan.

Besides, that Faze is not even handsome sef, i wonder how he would have made this list. Only 2face can be called handsome amongst those 3.

1 Like

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nowenuse: 11:17am On Jan 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@OP...be careful with who you claim is from the middle belt. After some research, I found out that some of the people you claimed up there are not from the middle belt after all. The guy in the picture above is not middle belt but Igbo, with name Michael Njoku, who represented Ogun as Mr. Ogun in Mr Nigeria Universe 2013. His facebook profile: /

See, anybody u see who is not truely from the middlebelt but i mistakenly put here, u should know that such persons might have had connections with the middlebelt one way or the other.
Michael Njoku is from Ette......Ette is a boundary town between Enugu & Benue. The town is a disputed town between both states because there are both igala, idoma & igbos who are indigenes of the town. Although igalas are the original owners of the place, but Enugu state lays more claim to the place.
So u can see why i obviously mistook him for a middlebelter. Pls dont just use names as a criteria to judge who is an igbo or not.
I have seen igalas n idomas who answer igbo names, likewise i have seen igbos from Delta & Enugu who answer igala names. My closest friend from Enugu, their family name is ATTAH, but they are igbo, while Attah is a pure igala name.

As for that Uzoma Nwaejike, he represented a middlebelt area in that Mr Nigeria contest, hence the assumption on my path. But i now truly observe that it seems representations in these contests are not based on state of origin.

I Have taken their both photos down from the thread, so i urge u to do same from ur quotes.

6 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by bigfrancis21: 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by bigfrancis21: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
Nowenuse:

See, anybody u see who is not truely from the middlebelt but i mistakenly put here, u should know that such persons might have had connections with the middlebelt one way or the other.
Michael Njoku is from Ette......Ette is a boundary town between Enugu & Benue. The town is a disputed town between both states because there are both igala, idoma & igbos who are indigenes of the town. Although igalas are the original owners of the place, but Enugu state lays more claim to the place.
So u can see why i obviously mistook him for a middlebelter. Pls dont just use names as a criteria to judge who is an igbo or not.
I have seen igalas n idomas who answer igbo names, likewise i have seen igbos from Delta & Enugu who answer igala names. My closest friend from Enugu, their family name is ATTAH, but they are igbo, while Attah is a pure igala name.

As for that Uzoma Nwaejike, he represented a middlebelt area in that Mr Nigeria contest, hence the assumption on my path. But i now truly observe that it seems representations in these contests are not based on state of origin.

I Have taken their both photos down from the thread, so i urge u to do same from ur quotes.

Quit making unnecessary assumptions out of the blues. Be sure of where who is from before 'assigning' them an area of origin. Are you even listening to yourself? Out of your assumptions you've wrongly assigned 3 different people to a wrong geographical region. Just stick to the topic of your thread and stick only to middle belters.

You very much knew Michael was from Ette (I am yet to confirm this) - a boundary town between Enugu and Benue state, a town neither in the middle belt nor in the south east (we will assume this for the sake of simplicity), why did you go ahead to 'assign' him to middle belt??

I am well aware of Igbos in Benue state, however, these Igbos are more likely to identify with their brothers in SE than identify as 'middlebelt'. In case of next time, quit including Igbos in your list. Just focus on the Igalas, Idomas, Tivs, e.t.c. who are the 'proper' middlebelters.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by bigfrancis21: 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
ianSweet:

Mr. U have no point in using complexion as a criteria to judge where a person is likely to be from. Fair & dark people abound amongst all groups in Nigeria.
Me, personally i am far fairer than this Uzoma guy in question, but yet am from Kogi state.

See this Nigerian gospel artiste CHRIS MORGAN, going by his looks, one would think he is igbo, but no he is idoma from Benue..........Even in the Benue state there are also igbos who are indigenes afterall, although they are quite few.
Some parts of Benue and even Kogi state are extremely inter-mixed with igbos. Especially we igalas n idomas who share land boundary with Anambra & Enugu.
It reflects in our names, language e.t.c

There are also igala n idoma indigenes of Anambra & Enugu states, hope u know that?

I am very much aware of that. I am interested in the bold. I am a lover of cultures and love learning about cultures. In what ways does the inter-mixing reflect in your names and language? I'd love to hear examples.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by bigfrancis21: 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
faveniska:

An igbo boy representing Ogun state? Wetin carry am go there? Igbos d wandering tribe of Nigeria. They are not contended with their own places. Waka waka people and parasites. LoL

Lolll...let's look at it this way...or maybe the judges could not find an Ogun state native good-looking enough to represent Ogun state?? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Creamish(f): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Lolll...let's look at it this way...or maybe the judges could not find an Ogun state native good-looking enough to represent Ogun state?? undecided

Lolz...funny.

Iv also noticed dat a good number of contestants in various beauty pageants dont always represent the state they are actually from.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by ChristyG(f): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

they allot states to contestants,it is not peculiar to ogun state alone dummie.dey are way better looking guys from ogun state dan dat mosquito in d picture,so dont even try and throw any shade at ogun state to flatter ur empty ibo ego.arindinnn

1 Like

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by ianSweet(f): 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
bigFrancis, go back and read d highlighted part of ur post again and tell me the point u are trying to prove.
U made a mistake in asking the O.P if he was 'too blind' to notice the light skin of that Uzoma Nwaejike.... this statement firmly shows ur myopic believe that anyone who is light in complexion is expected to be from the south-east. If nt u would have not used such a word as whether the OP was too blind to notice d light skin of the young man in question.
That is such an inapropriate word for u to use. Hence i had to come in there to make u know that there are as much light skinned people elsewhere in other parts of Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by ianSweet(f): 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I am very much aware of that. I am interested in the bold. I am a lover of cultures and love learning about cultures. In what ways does the inter-mixing reflect in your names and language? I'd love to hear examples.

My surname for instance is OKOLI. And my middlename is ADA.
In my own dialect of igala language, there are so many Igbo words. Many of my people naturally speak igbo as a 2nd language and some of our village names are in igbo. My both parents speak igbo fluently, but they never lived in igboland persay.
That is just the same way if u go to Nsukka, u will find so many of them answering Igala surnames.
It is reciprocal.
In my place, in our cultural festivals e.t.c u find some of our masquerades speaking igbo.

This also extends to the Delta igbos a lot. So many Deltan igbos are of igala origin. There are the EBU people of Oshimili south who even identify themselves as igalas till date, yet they are in the midst of igbo speakers.
Asaba is the largest pure igbo city outside the south-east, and do u know that ancestrally, the ruling royal families/clans of Asaba are of igala origin?? Study Asaba history and u will discover that the city was founded by an Igala prince.

See sb like Mercy Johnson, there was a time some people were saying she was Igbo because her middlename is OZIOMA. Not knowing that Kogi people also answer OZIOMA.

4 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by bigfrancis21: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
ChristyG:
they allot states to contestants,it is not peculiar to ogun state alone dummie.dey are way better looking guys from ogun state dan dat mosquito in d picture,so dont even try and throw any shade at ogun state to flatter ur empty ibo ego.arindinnn

Lol...as if I didn't know that already. I was only trying to make him see it from a different perspective than he had.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
IanSweets,

This is interesting. I wasn't aware there were Igala people with Igbo names, apart from the Igala-speaking group in Anambra and perhaps the Ebu in Delta State.

If you don't mind my asking what section of Igalaland do you come from? My guess would be Ibaji.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by havennie(f): 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
Light skinned & dark skinned fellows abound in almost all places of Nigeria....'infact if anyone is talking of light skin, it is d fulanis and Shuwa arabs of northern Nigeria that has the largest percentage of light skinned people, followed by Akwa ibom/cross river ppl.

See this guy, Bem Richards Katsina Alu, he is frm Benue, infact all of them in the pictures below are from Benue except his wife Funke Shonibare.

3 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by bigfrancis21: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
ianSweet:

My surname for instance is OKOLI. And my middlename is ADA.
In my own dialect of igala language, there are so many Igbo words. Many of my people naturally speak igbo as a 2nd language and some of our village names are in igbo. My both parents speak igbo fluently, but they never lived in igboland persay.
That is just the same way if u go to Nsukka, u will find so many of them answering Igala surnames.
It is reciprocal.
In my place, in our cultural festivals e.t.c u find some of our masquerades speaking igbo.

This also extends to the Delta igbos a lot. So many Deltan igbos are of igala origin. There are the EBU people of Oshimili south who even identify themselves as igalas till date, yet they are in the midst of igbo speakers.
Asaba is the largest pure igbo city outside the south-east, and do u know that ancestrally, the ruling royal families/clans of Asaba are of igala origin?? Study Asaba history and u will discover that the city was founded by an Igala prince.

See sb like Mercy Johnson, there was a time some people were saying she was Igbo because her middlename is OZIOMA. Not knowing that Kogi people also answer OZIOMA.

That's quite interesting to learn. Where exactly are you from? Ibaji? You speak Igbo?

Just a side note. Ebu people in Delta state are more of migrants to the area than they are 'founders'. However, the Ebu people in Delta state aren't 'many' as you would want us believe. They are actually a small percentage of Delta state.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by havennie(f): 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
When it comes to handsomeness, dark skinned guys are even more preferable to many ladies.
I worked with a modelling group, so i know what am saying

Here are personal friends of mine who contested for Mr Ideal Nigeria (the first and 4th one). The four of them are all from Benue. The 4th is now even continuing with his modelling career in the US.

2 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by ianSweet(f): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2015
Radoillo:
IanSweets,

This is interesting. I wasn't aware there were Igala people with Igbo names, apart from the Igala-speaking group in Anambra and perhaps the Ebu in Delta State.

If you don't mind my asking what section of Igalaland do you come from? My guess would be Ibaji.

Yes there are, but the thing is that many of our ppl will not agree that these names have igbo origin, they will try to igalanize it. Although there are some of these names referred to as Igbo names that might be originally igala or idoma (though am not sure).

Names like Okpanachi, Onuche, Isinachi......igalas also have meaning for these names as i am told, but igbos also answer them and claim these names are igbo.
While there are also names like Ochika, Ochigbo which we igalas n idomas answer which i believe could be versions of Chika n Chigbo which igbos answer.

I am not from Ibaji but from Igalamela odolu/Olamaboro.

2 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by ianSweet(f): 10:28am On Jan 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

That's quite interesting to learn. Where exactly are you from? Ibaji? You speak Igbo?

Just a side note. Ebu people in Delta state are more of migrants to the area than they are 'founders'. However, the Ebu people in Delta state aren't 'many' as you would want us believe. They are actually a small percentage of Delta state.

Am from Igalamela LGA, I dont speak main igbo cos i wasn't given birth to or grew up in my place, only my parents and elder sibblings do speak.
However i can understand Delta igbo dialects because i lived in Agbor.

One thing u should know is that all d people presently occupying Delta north (anioma land) are all immigrants to the place.
There were igbo immigrants mostly from Nri, Bini & Esan immigrants, Igala immigrants and even ijaw & yoruba immigrants. because of the important historical location of that place along the river Niger, that place was a trading spot for kingdoms who lived close to the river Niger, nd it was also a battle front too.
The igbo language only succeeded in dominating the other languages because there were more igbo migrations, and the Nri people had a very strong culture.
The people called Delta igbos today cannot be said to be more than 50% igbo by origin.
This is partly the reason for the identity crisis u see amongst them, why some reject being called igbos.
Ebu people managed to retain their igala language down the centuries because they were descendants of igala warriors who did not go back to Idah and they did not intermix or live amongst the igbo groups unlike the other group of igala immigrants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2015
Oh, yes. Igalamela. I've heard of oral traditions that connect Odolu to the Igbo. There are even Igbo folk etymologies for the name 'Odolu'.

Despite sounding very Igbo, Okpanachi and Onuche are actually non-Igbo names (Igala/Idoma; I'm not sure which) . Isinachi I've never heard of.

ianSweet:

Yes there are, but the thing is that many of our ppl will not agree that these names have igbo origin, they will try to igalanize it. Although there are some of these names referred to as Igbo names that might be originally igala or idoma (though am not sure).

Names like Okpanachi, Onuche, Isinachi......igalas also have meaning for these names as i am told, but igbos also answer them and claim these names are igbo.
While there are also names like Ochika, Ochigbo which we igalas n idomas answer which i believe could be versions of Chika n Chigbo which igbos answer.

I am not from Ibaji but from Igalamela odolu/Olamaboro.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by ianSweet(f): 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
Radoillo:
Oh, yes. Igalamela. I've heard of oral traditions that connect Odolu to the Igbo. There are even Igbo folk etymologies for the name 'Odolu'.

Despite sounding very Igbo, Okpanachi and Onuche are actually non-Igbo names (Igala/Idoma; I'm not sure which) . Isinachi I've never heard of.

So i guess igbos who answer Onuche actually borrowed it from we igalas, because i have seen many ppl from Enugu answering these names.
As for sinachi, what about that famous Nigerian gospel artiste from christ embassy church? SINACH. Is d full rendering of her name not Sinachukwu or Isinachukwu?
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
ianSweet:

So i guess igbos who answer Onuche actually borrowed it from we igalas, because i have seen many ppl from Enugu answering these names.
As for sinachi, what about that famous Nigerian gospel artiste from christ embassy church? SINACH. Is d full rendering of her name not Sinachukwu or Isinachukwu?

Enugu people bear a considerable number of Igala and Idoma names. No surprise there.

Osinachi and Osinachukwu are of course Igbo names. You wrote Isinachi, which I haven't heard anyone called before.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by genieluv(f): 8:40am On Jan 08, 2015
How can anyone be talkin abt handsomness of middlebelt men without including KELVIN CHUWANG PAM, d first Nigerian to win Big brother Africa, and also KATUNG ADUWAK that won Big brother Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Ishilove: 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
Nowenuse:
Tu face & Terry G
Both from Benue
Tah! Stop lying. Terry G is from Delta state.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Ilekeh(f): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
Yorubas are now from middlebelt?
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by BlackHuman(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
What kind of silly thread is this?....When important things are happening in the country?
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
never knew most of these guys are from the middlebelt
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by baybeeboi: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
We talking Money,they be talking nonsense
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Coolguy89(m): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
Here is one

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by englishmart(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
they are all average

1 Like

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
@OP, every man on earth is handsome, if money comes, u will see their real handsomeness..... If nt for money, u knw hw Obasanjo, Asiri, Lil Wayne, Terry G nd co go be?
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by fayde(m): 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
I c som pple dnt knw d meaning of handsomeness. handsome men are scattered all over the country. this is jst a list of celebrities nt necessarily handsome

5 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
SuperMartins:
When d ladies enta ere,na only d shirtless guy most of 'em go see..lol

Lilamartedi:
Hmmm, they are all good looking kiss. That shirtless guy tho shocked, looks like incredible hulk
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by pazienza(m): 5:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
havennie:

This Benjamin Joseph is a hell of a handsome guy.
the most handsome actor in Nigeria

This thread is supposed to make frontpage...moderators do ur work

He is more handsome than Yul Edochie and Alex Ekubo? I am not handsome,but i want to believe that i know a handsome guy, when i see one.
That your joseph Benjamin is just a regular guy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Woman Forced To Walk Over Daughter's Corpse To Prove Her Innocence (Pix) / Body Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China, Lands In Lagos Airport / Oluwo Akanbi Faces Dethronement As Criminal Past Of Deported Monarch Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.