Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,376 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men (54192 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Handsome Nigerian Men *pics* / Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Rapzino: 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
I'm proud to be a middle-beltan!

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
kristina1:

No....wbu??
Wada hi??
Ete me ya??

I was there. It happens every year on 27th december. We match from okene down to the ohinoyi's palace and after the Ohinoyi addresses the crowd, we finally match to the carnival ground were we'll watch some dance and music performance.
It's fun and colourful.

Ete odahi smiley

Where are you based?
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Joavid:

I was there. It happens every year on 27th december. We match from okene down to the ohinoyi's palace and after the Ohinoyi addresses the crowd, we finally match to the carnival ground were we'll watch some dance and music performance.
It's fun and colourful.

Ete odahi smiley

Where are you based?
I was in fce then,i missed it and it was painful embarassed
are u based in kogi??
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
missberrypop5:
hmmm, very interesting thread. I learnt alot.
The mildlebelt guys are really handsome, esp, guys from kogi state, Okene. I have a good number of them as friends and they are all handsome Also tiv and idoma. Its not a lie.
God bless you for dat statement.

Proudly kogite cool
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
kristina1:

God bless you for dat statement.

Proudly kogite cool
lol, you're an oklander? Muslim?
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
missberrypop5:
From okene but based in ondo st.
Muslim?? Hell no......am a xtian.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
kristina1:

From okene but based in ondo st.
Muslim?? Hell no......am a xtian.
ok dear.
I asked because majority are Muslims. All my friends from there are Muslims, i.e ebira. Really cute dudes.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 10, 2015
kristina1:

I was in fce then,i missed it and it was painful embarassed
are u based in kogi??

No. But I visit.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 10, 2015
spicyhoney:
Gbenro Ajibade( Soji in Tinsel) from Kabba Kogi State.

kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Oklander: 9:14am On Jan 10, 2015
missberrypop5:
hi, got mentioned. smiley
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nowenuse: 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
Well, here am i.
Th OP of this thread, Am from Plateau state.

4 Likes

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by ianSweet(f): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
onyiloyi:
[/color][color=#000000]sorry to spoil d flow but I think MI is from Taraba

Well Taraba is also part of middlebelt, just for d records.
Infact southern Taraba where MI hails from was formerly part of Plateau state. And Jukun people (MI's tribe) are also found in plateau state.
So no much difrence btw Tarabians & Plateaunians.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by genieluv(f): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
Radoillo:
Oh, yes. Igalamela. I've heard of oral traditions that connect Odolu to the Igbo. There are even Igbo folk etymologies for the name 'Odolu'.

Despite sounding very Igbo, Okpanachi and Onuche are actually non-Igbo names (Igala/Idoma; I'm not sure which) . Isinachi I've never heard of.

Pls i'd like to hear of the oral traditions dat connect d igbos to Odolu....
I'm partly idoma from Ogbadibo and we also share the Odolu connection as i'm told. Some of my clans also trace their roots to Anambra area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by genieluv(f): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
missberrypop5:
ok dear.
I asked because majority are Muslims. All my friends from there are Muslims, i.e ebira. Really cute dudes.

I think u may be wrong if u say ebiras are majorly muslims. I think it is a 50/50, or the muslims may only be slightly more if u use the overall population.
Okene has more muslims i agree. But other places like Ajaokuta, Adavi, Ihima e.t.c have more ebira christians.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
genieluv:

I think u may be wrong if u say ebiras are majorly muslims. I think it is a 50/50, or the muslims may only be slightly more if u use the overall population.
Okene has more muslims i agree. But other places like Ajaokuta, Adavi, Ihima e.t.c have more ebira christians.
Ok dear. Thanks for that. God bless ya.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
Oklander:
hi, got mentioned. smiley
co-incidence smiley

1 Like

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Oklander: 1:46am On Jan 13, 2015
genieluv:

Adavi has more Muslims… The population of Muslims to Christians is not near anything 50/50. I do hope you are based at home, a simple logical survey will convince you. pick few numbers of public schools in any of those areas, check them out on different occasions on the days of their MSS and FCS. The population is always not less than 3:1.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Rapzino: 9:27am On Jan 13, 2015
ianSweet:

Well Taraba is also part of middlebelt, just for d records.
Infact southern Taraba where MI hails from was formerly part of Plateau state. And Jukun people (MI's tribe) are also found in plateau state.
So no much difrence btw Tarabians & Plateaunians.
i'm a Tarabian
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by onila(f): 8:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
Middle belt guys re hot and sexy
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by tpiaobsession: 11:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
Ilekeh:

Alex is your definition of handsome? Not my type, even if he's your type.

There's no way you look at Alex that he is not handsome.

His being your type or not , isnt the question.

Ok, assume he has noticed you, happy now?
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by tpiaobsession: 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
2rez:
Hmmn, Yoruba guyz sef don fey claim middlebelt grin.

Kwara and Kogi are middle belt.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by 2rez: 9:21am On Jan 17, 2015
tpiaobsession:

Kwara and Kogi are middle belt.

I know, i said yoruba.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by tpiaP: 3:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
2rez:

I know, i said yoruba.

Are yorubas precluded from identifying as middle belt?

Is the term restricted to non yorubas.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Ihuomadinihu: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2015
ianSweet:

So i guess igbos who answer Onuche actually borrowed it from we igalas, because i have seen many ppl from Enugu answering these names.
As for sinachi, what about that famous Nigerian gospel artiste from christ embassy church? SINACH. Is d full rendering of her name not Sinachukwu or Isinachukwu?
Her full name is Osinachi Kalu from Ebonyi state. Some of these names you claim to be Igala might just be ancient Igbo names which Igbo people have decided not to bear. No one is saying there are no shared names but it's illogical to think those names all came from Igala. E.g,there are names pecuiliar to my village, which you can't find outside my villa. It doesn't make it less Igbo or foreign.

1 Like

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by bigfrancis21: 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
genieluv:

Pls i'd like to hear of the oral traditions dat connect d igbos to Odolu....
I'm partly idoma from Ogbadibo and we also share the Odolu connection as i'm told. Some of my clans also trace their roots to Anambra area.

It's quite sightly to have non-Igbos admit to tracing their roots to somewhere in Igboland. The current trend now has been to attribute many things considered Igbo today to some other place/tribe, giving Igboland a lack of originality in its own sense.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by bigfrancis21: 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Her full name is Osinachi Kalu from Ebonyi state. Some of these names you claim to be Igala might just be ancient Igbo names which Igbo people have decided not to bear. No one is saying there are no shared names but it's illogical to think those names all came from Igala. E.g,there are names pecuiliar to my village, which you can't find outside my villa. It doesn't make it less Igbo or foreign.

Exactly. It has become a disturbing trend to attribute things in Igboland to originating from elsewhere. In other words, the modern buzz is that in Igboland it is all about copying from other tribes.

When Igbo shares certain words or traditions with another tribe, the immediate thought that follows is that the Igbo must have copied it from the other tribe, not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by Nowenuse: 11:49pm On Jan 24, 2015
tpiaP:

Are yorubas precluded from identifying as middle belt?

Is the term restricted to non yorubas.

Yorubas in d middlebelt incidentally found themselves in the region as a result of this faulty geo-political classifications of today, otherwise yorubas are not geographically nor culturally or historically middlebelt.
Middlebelt identity is more or less for d minority groups i think.

Igalas, idomas, ebiras, Tivs, Jukuns, Beroms, Nupes, Gwaris, Katafs, Taroks, Eggons and so many more are the real middlebelters

1 Like

Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by myafricapodcast: 1:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
You can listen to a very inspiring episode with Jude Abaga (aka MI) at myafricapodcast.com where he give his view on his life. Worth an hour while you're stucked in traffic...
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by itstpia8: 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
some Middle Beltans resemble Igbos a bit, not sure if they resemble Niger Deltans also.
Re: Handsomeness Of Middlebelt-nigerian Men by timothy2396(m): 1:04am On Jan 30, 2021
Timothy Terungwa Washima

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Woman Forced To Walk Over Daughter's Corpse To Prove Her Innocence (Pix) / Body Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China, Lands In Lagos Airport / Oluwo Akanbi Faces Dethronement As Criminal Past Of Deported Monarch Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.