Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (170608 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2015

Chapter 55

"Hello, Wande." Tade held the door of the Range Rover for his soon-to-be ex-wife. Wande sat down without saying a word.

"Where are we going and what's so important you had to see me urgently?" Tade asked as he settled behind the wheels. They've not spoken a word to each other since their last encounter.

The air in the Range became heavy with the weight of awkward silence. Tade watched Wande shift uncomfortably on her seat.

"I'm waiting..." He tapped his fingers on the steering impatiently.

"Let's just talk in the car"

Tade shook his head. "I don't feel comfortable sitting in the car out here. Let's drive down to KFC, if you are comfortable with that" he suggested.

They both settled for doughnuts and pepsi.

"How is your business and how are the kids?" Tade held her hands across the table, a self-satisfied smirk puffing his face.

Wande gently withdrew her hands from his. Finally, there was the slightest relaxation on her face. "We are all good. You?" She asked

Tade took a bite of his doughnut, swallowed with a sip of pepsi. He cocked his head toward Wande. "Range Rover ...G-wagon...millions...solid business deals...sounds like nice parting gift, isn't it?" He asked with an air of sarcasm which he regretted immediately.

Wande sighed. "Don't go there, please." She pleaded.

Wande shifted uncomfortably in her chair. She placed her hands on her thigh, her fingers caressed the print on her expensive ankara dress. A direct confrontation could be dangerous. Tade could get violent, she knew that.

"Em...em...when last did you talk to Charles?"

"Char who? I haven't heard a word from that idiat in over five months!"

Wande starred at him. "Are you sure?"

"I am." He answered simply. "Why the question?"

"He visited me in the office and asked after his twins!"

"Joseph and josephene?" Tade frowned, he wanted to make sure he understood.

"Did you te..."

Tade nodded. "Ours is a prioritized relationship. whatever happened between us is confidential!"

She believed him.

"Who else is privy to this secret?" Tade asked, suddenly very serious. Wande had been generous to him. The need to clear his name had suddenly become very serious. He held her hands again, looked straight into her eyes, eyeball to eyeball.

"Wande, I didn't tell anyone about you and Charles." He said. He didn't forget telling his father, but he knew his father won't tell a soul.

"I don't know what to do." She was moved to tears again. Tade starred at her continuously for sometime. He stood up suddenly and walked to her side.

"Wande, I'm sorry for everything."

Wande smiled, she felt more relaxed in his presence.

"You don't have to be. We both tried our best to make things work..."

Her hand flew to her stomach. She rubbed it affectionately. Tade shook his head at her action. She may not be a Jessica Alba, but she sure was his Mother Theresa, he thought.

"I guess some things are just not meant to be!" He said aloud. He swallowed the last bit of his doughnut, drowned the last drop of his pepsi. The time was 7:50pm. Time to go. They both stood up and headed for the door. Tade pulled her back gently and whiSpered into her ears;

"Did you by any chance mention this Charles issue to Teju?"

"Tejumola and I are Bff! She's like the sister I never had. I shared it with her."
She told him.

"if you say so." He shrugged his shoulders and strolled towards the Range. Wande on his heels.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
Thanks CandY! How is omugwu going, regards to our little angel.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by mariamferanmi(f): 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
Tanx mummy candy.....humm suspecting dis teju ooo, well let me wait n cross my leg sha.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 10:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
Wande be wise in ur doings and acts
Mizz candy thanks jare and au is our gurl
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by seunviju(f): 2:12am On Jun 26, 2015
Wande,beware of Teju.Thanks for the update
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Good Candy.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Hameenat94(f): 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Trouble and betrayal looms.... Welcome baby mama
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 27, 2015
ruffhandu:

Good Candy.
I feel the bolded was ommitted.
Yes, it was. Thanks for pointing it out

Tsodjete, how is our cutie doing there?

@Sammyomotola, mariamferanmi, harjibolar01,Hameenat94, kingphilip, peacefulness, calmdove, QueenTolpatx, missviva, skimpledawg, onemansquad, Sade1, Adeh39, Soniachuks, SexySapphire, JojoBlue, tescoleps, debdave, stuff46, calmdove, adefunke62, Cestmoi1, Zyzxx,
Seunviju, Snowangel,Eniqurl,Labaski,
AmJane, pricelesslove, foslink, Kunzu,
Mariamferanmi, Stonecoldcafe, Thinezy,
Boladex1, iyukio, Amiablejud,Plaitex, Missmossy, Tfabu, Manuel180,Gal10

Thanks ya all, baby is doing very fine o. Tory don resume sha. By God's grace, we'll tie it all up before I resume work.

You are all so loved! Enjoy the weekend...

2 Likes

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 27, 2015
Teju sad
I knew it, that lady is a betrayer, This Wande sef undecided I reserve my comment.
Candy my in law, how is my wife doing?
Thanks for the updatewink
Following till da end
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tsodjete: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
[quote author=candy post=35201150]
Yes, it was. Thanks for pointing it out

Tsodjete, how is our cutie doing there?

Thanks mama Candy. He is doing great. And thanks for the update too.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Upnepaa(m): 6:48am On Jun 29, 2015
candy:
I want to read the story from the begining,all i see is dis,has the stories been removed
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Kunzu(m): 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
though it has been long read dis beautiful story. Now is tym for me to start over and conclude
#candy na adichie
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Kunzu(m): 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
though it has been long i read dis beautiful story. Now is tym for me to start over and conclude d reading
#candy na adichie
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 4:11am On Jun 30, 2015
Been long you saw me.. .

Mama Candy, please whatever happen to wande, please don't let Tade even dare try accepting her back ooo, because, I see a perfect couple in Tade and Bola, and with those kids, they will make a one "big-happy-family"
#teamTadeandBola

For the teju, I hope she's not the one "doing" her friend. If she is mehn, that's the beginning of the end for our dear wande ooo

And why is it that, this wande of a woman, is only having "problems" with Bola's family gaan self?
First, it was Bola herself, now it is her kid sis. . . I fear for wande oooo

Mama Candy, how are you and the kid, hope every every is going on well

Keep em coming ma'am
Harjibolar is back
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by starnuel(m): 4:41am On Jun 30, 2015
Hey Guys! Great work u ar doing wielding your pens (fingers in this case) passionately. I am a writer with 15 years of experience. My stage name is Lord of Poetry. Check out my blog: www.penandinkblog.com.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
Chapter 56

The night was so still she thought nothing could break the silence. She laid quietly under the sheet and smiled with satisfaction. Tade snored lightly beside her. It was their first night back as a couple since the Charles episode. Mary's accident had done the trick. She finally fell asleep at midnight.

From the depth of her sleep, the sound of dorobucci jolted her back to life. The slightly raised window blinds let in faint rays of the just rising sun light. With a yawn loud enough to rouse a cow, she picked her phone to check who could be calling her that early. She heard Tade's footsteps in the kitchen of her one bedroom apartment. Making himself breakfast, she thought. Since her house help left and the flow of money from Tade stopped, she had been unable to hire another one on her meager income. She checked the bedside clock, the time was 7:12am.

"Heeelloo" she said cheerfully

Shock enveloped her as she heard Charles' husky voice.

"Hello, Bola." Charles said with a chuckle

"Hi." She responded, anger evident in her sleepy voice. "What now?" She hissed faintly, conscious of Tade's presence in the adjoining room. Their police station meeting had left a sour taste in her mouth.

"I want you to have Daniel. He needs you." He replied

"Oh my! Please let me call you ba..."

"Don't call me back, Bola. I've had enough of the lies and betrayal. The boy needs you now, just like the other two."

Just then, Tade strolled in, humming a Tuface tune, with a steaming cup of beverage and a few slices of bread on a tray.

"Hmm, hmm" Tade feigned a cough to get her attention. She blew him a kiss and ended the call immediately. He handed her a cup of beverage with a smile. With Dele and Mary away at Abeokuta, they had the house to themselves and she planned to make the best of it. She had already succeeded in getting him on her bed, even though he was yet to get intimate with her. A step at a time.

"Who was that?" Tade asked, more out of habit than interest

"Em...em...it's Sade and her trouble jor." Bola answered for want of a better lie.

"I hope all is well"

"I don't know. I have to go and get mtn voucher to call her back" she told him

"You can call her on my phone when you are through"

Bola cringed at his offer, one she couldn't take. If only he knew the trouble that was brewing!

She got off the bed, wearing a revealing lingerie. She gave him a warm hug and watched him set the tray on the bedside table. She opened the bathroom door and started her bath ritual. Charles' call clouded the morning like a dark smoke she could barely see through.

Tade caught a glimpse of her black berry phone, lying under her pillow...curiosity got the better of him. Bola's past history came flooding back as he quickly grabbed the phone and scrolled to the last received call.

Bola quickly had her bath, wore a flowered dress in a rush, the first dress she could lay her hands on and faced Tade; "baby, please let me go and get the voucher..."

"I have over N2000 air time, Bola" he stretched his phone towards her

"Thanks," she snatched the phone and dialed Sade's number. "Hello, Sade" she said. She had nothing to say to her.

2 Likes

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 10:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
Following with the speed of light.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 10:43am On Jul 01, 2015
I hope this yeye bola won't forfeit her second chance of having her baby daddy again.. .

This is getting serious

Thanks mama
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Marcela04: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
Another trouble is brewing. So Bola is d mother of Daniel na wa o but someone needs to deal with Charles.Another trouble is brewing. So Bola is d mother of Daniel na wa o but someone needs to deal with Charles.Another trouble is brewing. So Bola is d mother of Daniel na wa o but someone needs to deal with Charles.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
Marcela04:
Another trouble is brewing. So Bola is d mother of Daniel na wa o but someone needs to deal with Charles.Another trouble is brewing. So Bola is d mother of Daniel na wa o but someone needs to deal with Charles.Another trouble is brewing. So Bola is d mother of Daniel na wa o but someone needs to deal with Charles.
Hunmmm.. . You may be right thou
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by QueenTolpatx(f): 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
Hmmmm.....thanx candy 4 the update
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
For the first time in a long time, I choose to comment on this special day of mine. Thanks for the update ma'am. I love the way things are going. Just scared wande will loose segun(don't let that happen please).

Stuff46, where are Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Hameenat94(f): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
Know I know it's really unholy matrimony.... Pls don't tell me Bolt z Daniels mum 2.... Take go just kill himself
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 03, 2015
Candy whatz up? How are u doing? And MY wife? Eku itoju o
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 10:02am On Jul 03, 2015
Coolpraiz:
Candy whatz up? How are u doing? And MY wife? Eku itoju o
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 04, 2015
harjibolar10:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

whatz with d emotions No tym to waste jhur comot for there maka pass
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by stuff46(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
kenwins:
Stuff46, where are Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊?
cheesy
Whatsup with you na? Longest of all times.
Candy i see you and your hand work, you keep delivering. I will follow.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by harjibolar10(m): 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
cool cool cool
Coolpraiz:

whatz with d emotions No tym to waste jhur comot for there maka pass
undecided undecided undecided

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Anilove25: 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Following...Nice one keep it up.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2015
*enters and goes to all the rooms to discover them empty, wondering what could be happening*

Mummy candy where are you? This one wey we no see ur greenlight, I hope all is well?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Costlybabe: 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Candy im getting confused ooo,how is bola now Daniels mother,the way u describe Daniel 's mother wen she eloped with her new found love ,bola doesn't fit into that description,that aside you are doing great,God bless the product of your womb
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2015
Costlybabe:
Candy im getting confused ooo,how is bola now Daniels mother,the way u describe Daniel 's mother wen she eloped with her new found love ,bola doesn't fit into that description,that aside you are doing great,God bless the product of your womb

Hmmm...actually, I had the whole thing mapped out from the beginning and I didn't want to dwell too much on it so as not to reduce the thrill. But now that you've mentioned it, let me clarify.

Bola was already with another man, and Charles had to make up a believable story and I had to make it a real twist for you guys. In the unedited format, he even showed Tade a facebook page of Daniel's 'mum'.

@All, I'll wrap it all up in a bit. I understand the story has lost its steam 'cos of the 'breaks' in transmission. Believe me, I've also lost the zeal to continue with this story because my ardent followers are no longer in the house...

Will do one or two more updates and that'll be all. I pray we all have a blessed and funfilled weekend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.