Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. (36061 Views)

Governor Ayade's Wife, Linda Drives Him To Construction Site. Photos / Omoyele Sowore Blasts Linda Ikeji: "She Is Returning The Favour To The Police" / Okupe’s Lawyer Writes Linda Ikeji, Demands Immediate Apology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by adeyemik: 10:32am On Jan 06, 2015
It is unbelievable how some people would come out here and defend the irresponsible and unproffessional blogging act of Linda Ikeji. The fact that the soldier express his honest opinion on his Twitter handle does not warrant Linda to invade and publish it on her blog.

Linda, should have posted the soldier message without his full photograph. Linda, if name your broda, se you go post hin Twitter messages knowing fully that Nigeria military high command are not favourably disposed to honest criticism, every honest criticism is taken as a mutiny and the punishment is death by firing squad after going through severe torture in the hand of his handlers.

Linda has gotten it wrong again.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by jannifer111: 10:39am On Jan 06, 2015
up to I saw the receipt 4 $5423 , I did not believe that my neighbour woz like actualey erning money part time online. . there mums best friend haz done this for less than eight months and just took care of the dept on there apartment and bourt a great Honda . Get More Info.....................w­­w­­w.J­­o­­bs-s­­p­­o­­t.c­­o­­m

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by celeron40(m): 10:39am On Jan 06, 2015
adeyemik:
It is unbelievable how some people would come out here and defend the irresponsible and unproffessional blogging act of Linda Ikeji. The fact that the soldier express his honest opinion on his Twitter handle does not warrant Linda to invade and publish it on her blog.

Linda, should have posted the soldier message without his full photograph. Linda, if name your broda, se you go post hin Twitter messages knowing fully that Nigeria military high command are not favourably disposed to honest criticism, every honest criticism is taken as a mutiny and the punishment is death by firing squad after going through severe torture in the hand of his handlers.

Its so sad...most of the people defending LIB are something else..this is the second time she is doing this. The first time, she pasted one "Fahat Fahat"(a soldier) 's facebook post in full public glare..When I went to check the accnt, the man had deactivated his fb accnt and run away..She is so irresponsible.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Demdem(m): 10:42am On Jan 06, 2015
homesteady:

Descend on me? By repeating the same boring shiit in all your replies? Bitch Please!

Does it matter? As long as it will keep making u run to the mods for refuge.

Why would a sane person hate such a hard working person like Linda? Just this December alone, the number of people she has put smiles on their faces, you will never be able to achieve such in this your miserable life and your next 50 lives!
You should have joined the scramble for her cash gifts, so that you would be able to buy that Your phantom 'lappy' and her blackberry gifts, so that can get access to youtube videos! Then you'll watch that Anaconda video I posted for you, to wankk yourself to death!

Goon, ur primary problem is u always allow ur hands to work far ahead from ur brain.
Yes, i hate LIB but does that translate hating Linda herself? Basically I hate gossips.
Fool, for the umpteenth time, demdem needs nobody's money, he is already made up till the third generation. These rants of urs is nothing more than pure dung.

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by xteem001(m): 10:43am On Jan 06, 2015
[/color][color=]The real celebs are nigeria soldiers that are in
Borno, Yobe and Adamawa. ;DThe real celebs are nigeria soldiers that are in
Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by chichriso: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2015
The main fact is that Linda's job has beeing bringinning other people down and it is telling on her no matter that she is seeing the money but money it never the main thing especially for a lady of her age. She should be very careful for her life this year because many people are up against her.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by julia123123: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2015
my neighbor's aunt makes $75 hourly on the computer . She has been unemployed for five months but last month her check was $16361 just working on the computer for a few hours. learn this here now..............w­­w­­w.J­­o­­bs-s­­p­­o­­t.c­­o­­m

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by lordnammy(m): 10:53am On Jan 06, 2015
you dont blame linda ikeji on this even olukolade and his superiors must have seen this, that solider needs some caution,

http://lindaikeji.mobi/output.php?postid=1550984857713146533&date=2015-01-05%2014:10:37
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Bibol(f): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2015
When I saw the post on LIB, I feared for the soldier's life too
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by toliamy: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2015
Siriusblack.
Mr Gej support.
I don't normally reply insults, but ill reply urs. Under Military Law, dissident comments made against the State are treasonable offences. Negative comments made against a superior, is a Court-Martial offence..The soldier,in question broke these laws..Instead of keeping his personal opinions secret, the blog invaded is twitter handle and now, I can assure you, he is in a lot of mess already. Next time, read posts before typing out of impulse..I won't insult you..If you think I'm without a brain, as you so happily pointed out, then that's left to you.
Thank you.

@ Sirusblack
though your message was heard but to think of it, you mentioned about Laws and Rules in military. How many of the soldiers knows this Laws not to even talk of abiding by it. Am not siding Linda in anyway perhaps she just a blogger but your people need orientation

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by pacretus(m): 10:59am On Jan 06, 2015
Gejfreesupport:
@Op I can't see any sense in your post..

A solider used a publicly accessible twitter to make sensitive comments and u blaming a blogger for using the microblogging platform to echo the comments..

You must be completely nuts and have no idea of what you are talking about..

If you ever had a brain. You won't be posting this in the politics section when there is a contact for on LIB..

More grease to our gallant solders
why the insult.u dat has a brain shuld knw dat an inteligent soldier lik sirius bk.is right
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by morsadh(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2015
adeyemik:

I'd love to believe that such a tweet would've been retweeted by many handles/trended on the SN before Linda Ikeji posted it. Yes she was wrong. Putting up the picture as well puts such person at risk of a court martial. However... common sense is an important factor that human beings fail to apply on a daily basis. Linda would seek even the underground for news to post on her blog. The soldier in question lacked discretion to the last! So did Linda. Both parties were at fault. You do great injustice by being one-sided, instead of being objective!
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by homesteady(m): 11:03am On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:
Yes, i hate LIB but does that translate
hating Linda herself? Basically I hate
gossips.
Then why do you still visit Nairaland? Even Seun himself use to post gossip topics! grin

And yes, she also posts a lot of Politics issues on her blog, - this answers your next point of baseless accusations

Fool, for the umpteenth time, demdem
needs nobody's money, he is already
made up till the third generation. These
rants of urs is nothing more than pure
dung.
Ermmm... This is the 1st time you are telling me this! So why adding big english that you don't understand?
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by udemzyudex(m): 11:06am On Jan 06, 2015
hedonistic:

You still don't have any point. In case you did not know, Twitter is a social media platform, which means that "personal opinions" expressed on this medium are anything but "personal". Linda Ikeji or any other blogger for that matter has the right to report any tweet she considers interesting or newsworthy.

The stupid soldier must face the consequences of his indiscretion. You don't come out on social media with your full identity to rant and whine like a pu**y and then expect bloggers to cover your cowardly Ass. If he went against military laws and norms and committed treasonable acts by complaining against the authorities in public (because twitter is actually PUBLIC), then that is entirely his cross to carry. Leave Linda Ikeji or any other blogger out of it. They are not conventional print media; they are bloggers, and they are only doing their lawful job.
read his story well oga
what the soldier did is an offense and LIB broadcasting it more will put him into serious trouble...

anyway you're free to talk since you're not the person involve..

just don't cry out when you hear that the army want to sentence some soldiers to death...
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Alfred234(m): 11:07am On Jan 06, 2015
Ok we get the fact that Linda shouldn't have posted the tweet on her blog but the soldier is to be blamed too, why post such a sensitive thing on social media especially twitter? His he new on twitter? Does he not know how fast and far tweets travel on twitter? Lets imagine that Linda didn't even post it on her blog. Do u know d number of retweets dat tweet has gotten? Do u know the number of people that screenshoted the tweet? its twitter for crying out loud and ur tweet is everybody's business especially ur followers, its just like going to a classroom full of students to write ur feelings on the board then u expect the students not to talk about it.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Demdem(m): 11:08am On Jan 06, 2015
homesteady:

Then why do you still visit Nairaland? Even Seun himself use to post gossip topics! grin

Stop being sttupid, NL is no gossip site.

And yes, she also posts a lot of Politics issues on her blog, - this answers your next point of baseless accusations

Goon, we have more of gossips. Lots of sites are out there that talk politics, do I have to be in all?

Ermmm... This is the 1st time you are telling me this! So why adding big english that you don't understand?

Goon, it's not. Anyway, now u know. Demdem is made and doesn't need any ones money.

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2015
VickyyB:

Pússy tongue
Is it itching you? embarassed
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by ojeffo: 11:09am On Jan 06, 2015
himkers:
Linda has been going up by bringing other people down, every one knows this.

If that young soldier is court martialed and dismissed from service, ANONYMOUS will hunt LI down.
NAIRALANDERS ...THINKING THRU THEIR ANUS N PRICK SINCE 1960...SO LIB IS NOW MORE POPULAR THAN TWITTER....IDIOOOOOOTS

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Huffington: 11:10am On Jan 06, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Though I have never been a visitor to the famed entertainment blog, I feel compelled to write this article with the hope that it gets to the all individuals concerned.

The Nigerian Army has been actively engaged against the Boko Haram terror group for close to 6 years now. What started out as military operations to flush out sleeper cells operating in State capitals in the N.E has now become a full blown semi-conventional war. Though misinformation through media channels like SaharaReporters has led to dampened morale among civilians as to the true happennings in the N.E, the military has battled on, despite the numerous challenges. I must confess, massive changes are going on in the Nigerian Army..The years of rot caused by military rule is still problem; both in terms of equipment and professionalism.

The purpose of which I am writing this "e-letter" is to address the unruly invasion of military personnel's activities online by the LIB. Today, the Twitter handle of a soldier serving in the N.E was publicly displayed for all and sundry.

Not only will this definitely lead on an unfortunate Court-Martial for this young man, it is a disrespectful and unfortunate use of the media to make cheap political points.

The soldier involved, due to the LIB's irresponsible attitude will have to deal with serious career consequences, among which is a possible court-martial.

I, personally, have a thread on this forum dedicated to the Officers and men of the N.A serving on the frontlines, I had to discontinue the thread out of concern for my personal safety bearing in mind the consequences it might hold for my job. Pasting a soldier's comments on twitter along with his full picture, was not only callous, but highly irresponsible.

Never again should the blog attempt to make cheap news out of sincere complaints by soldiers serving in the conflict zones, As this will not only put them at risk of Military Law, but will discourage personal level interactions between military personnel. The blog should stick to what it does best; "Celebrity" worship.

The real celebs are in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

SiriusBlack.
I think it's about time the military paid LIB a visit. She cannot continue ruining our war on terror with her irresponsible blogging abi journalism sef.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by MKO4ever(m): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Mr Gej support.
I don't normally reply insults, but ill reply urs. Under Military Law, dissident comments made against the State are treasonable offences. Negative comments made against a superior, is a Court-Martial offence..The soldier,in question broke these laws..Instead of keeping his personal opinions secret, the blog invaded is twitter handle and now, I can assure you, he is in a lot of mess already. Next time, read posts before typing out of impulse..I won't insult you..If you think I'm without a brain, as you so happily pointed out, then that's left to you.
Thank you.

I like this response, shows so much maturity. However, I think some of the words in your initial post were a bit rude and unfair on Linda. More so, with this post, I hope you know that you have also contributed to the spreading of the tweet. So as you blame Linda, ensure to also blame yourself. But more importantly the soldier has the ultimate blame.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Is it itching you? embarassed
That's what you are.
Pùssy means cat. undecided
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Mannastoress: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2015
Please live LIB alone for once, she is not the problem in this country, just a hardworking girl trying to make a living without hurting anyone, abeg

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by PapiWata: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2015
Sirius Black I list myself among the very earliest and most loyal fans of the photo-tour chronicling the Nigerian Civil War of 2014, that you were kind and brave enough to publish in this forum, and with that in mind I will frame my question to you with the utmost of respect and admiration, even as I seek clarification from you.

In reading your initial post here, the crux of your message to Ms. Linda Ikeji is evidently that her publication on the net of photographs showing the identities AND the internet communication screen names of active duty soldiers, COULD have the unintended consequence of exposing such troops to court martial.

Now, since I never did get around to checking out the fabled Linda Ikeji Blog on the internet, the specifics about the report to which you called Ms. Ikeji to task are not known to me, so I may be missing a key piece of the jigsaw puzzle here, BUT, I would like to understand better the distinction between the level of professional risk posed to the military subjects shown in your own series of internet-published photographs from the battle front, in comparison to the case of those troops identified in pictures posted in Ms. Ikeji's internet blog.

If the Twitter ID of a soldier was made public in the blog to which you refer, and assuming that the solder was not being foolhardy enough to disclose operational details on the internet, I seek to learn how simply being an internet user places such soldiers at any greater risk than would be the case if they were merely photographed saddling up for battle.

Thank you for any explanation you may find a moment to offer here.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by chlowi(f): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2015
hedonistic:

You still don't have any point. In case you did not know, Twitter is a social media platform, which means that "personal opinions" expressed on this medium are anything but "personal". Linda Ikeji or any other blogger for that matter has the right to report any tweet she considers interesting or newsworthy.

The stupid soldier must face the consequences of his indiscretion. You don't come out on social media with your full identity to rant and whine like a pu**y and then expect bloggers to cover your cowardly Ass. If he went against military laws and norms and committed treasonable acts by complaining against the authorities in public (because twitter is actually PUBLIC), then that is entirely his cross to carry. Leave Linda Ikeji or any other blogger out of it. They are not conventional print media; they are bloggers, and they are only doing their lawful job.

Did u attend uniport?
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by chlowi(f): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2015
Mathematical:
BLACK !..ARE YOU SIRIUS?WELL IF YOU'RE YOU SHOULD MAIL HER.. THAT IF SHE READ YAH MAIL.... AND BESIDES SHE'S NOT EVEN HERE ON NAIRALAND

You never can be too sure
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by MKO4ever(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2015
PapiWata:
Sirius Black I list myself among the very earliest and most loyal fans of the photo-tour of the Nigerian Civil War of 2014 that you were kind and brave enough to publish in this forum, and with that in mind I will frame my question to you with the utmost of respect and admiration, even as I seek clarification from you.

In reading your initial post here, the crux of your message to Ms. Linda Ikeji is evidently that her publication on the net of photographs showing the identities AND the internet communication screen names of active duty soldiers, COULD have the unintended consequence of exposing such troops to court martial.

Now, since I never did get around to checking out the fabled Linda Ikeji Blog on the internet, the specifics about the report to which you called Ms. Ikeji to task are not known to me, so I may be missing a key piece of the jigsaw puzzle here, BUT, I would like to understand better the distinction between the level of professional risk posed to the military subjects shown in your own series of internet-published photographs from the battle front, in comparison to the case of those troops identified in pictures posted in Ms. Ikeji's internet blog.

If the Twitter ID of a soldier was made public in the blog to which you refer, and assuming that the solder was not being foolhardy enough to disclose operational details on the internet, I seek to learn how simply being an internet user places such soldiers at any greater risk than would be the case if they were merely photographed saddling up for battle.

Thank you for any explanation you may find a moment to offer here.
I'm confused, maybe a dictionary will help!!!
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 06, 2015
berem:
Linda Ikeji is not on nairaland,even if she is,she might not see your post. Kindly send her an email through her blog to lay your complaints.

You see why it is good to think before.... lipsrsealed
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by homesteady(m): 11:30am On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:
Stop being sttupid, NL is no gossip site.
Lmao!!! So what makes her blog a gossip site and NL not a gossip site? Most of the gossips on her blog, you will also find it on NL frontpage! So why call hers a gossip site and NL not?

Goon, we have more of gossips. Lots of sites
are out there that talk politics, do I have to
be in all?
Go and check her site now, you'll see more of politics than celebs things!
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by 12ema: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2015
SiriusBlack:
Though I have never been a visitor to the famed entertainment blog, I feel compelled to write this article with the hope that it gets to the all individuals concerned.

The Nigerian Army has been actively engaged against the Boko Haram terror group for close to 6 years now. What started out as military operations to flush out sleeper cells operating in State capitals in the N.E has now become a full blown semi-conventional war. Though misinformation through media channels like SaharaReporters has led to dampened morale among civilians as to the true happennings in the N.E, the military has battled on, despite the numerous challenges. I must confess, massive changes are going on in the Nigerian Army..The years of rot caused by military rule is still problem; both in terms of equipment and professionalism.

The purpose of which I am writing this "e-letter" is to address the unruly invasion of military personnel's activities online by the LIB. Today, the Twitter handle of a soldier serving in the N.E was publicly displayed for all and sundry.

Not only will this definitely lead on an unfortunate Court-Martial for this young man, it is a disrespectful and unfortunate use of the media to make cheap political points.

The soldier involved, due to the LIB's irresponsible attitude will have to deal with serious career consequences, among which is a possible court-martial.

I, personally, have a thread on this forum dedicated to the Officers and men of the N.A serving on the frontlines, I had to discontinue the thread out of concern for my personal safety bearing in mind the consequences it might hold for my job. Pasting a soldier's comments on twitter along with his full picture, was not only callous, but highly irresponsible.

Never again should the blog attempt to make cheap news out of sincere complaints by soldiers serving in the conflict zones, As this will not only put them at risk of Military Law, but will discourage personal level interactions between military personnel. The blog should stick to what it does best; "Celebrity" worship.

The real celebs are in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.

SiriusBlack.

Some Nigerians can be so dumb. When a Soldier puts his personal feelings on a public forum, it is no longer private and is fair game. If he had written a personal message to a friend, then yes, Linda ikeji would be wrong. Not in this case.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by PapiWata: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2015
MKO4ever:

I'm confused, maybe a dictionary will help!!!

E get as e be.
Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 06, 2015
Houston twitter is a public forum, you are responsible for ur actions just like nairaland, you should be responsible enuf for ur actions. If he does not want to be seen then he should have opened an anonymous handle.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To The Linda Ikeji Blog. by Deepfreezer(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2015
linda ikeji or what ever she s called should becareul. cos I see the soldier getting court martialled and sacked. then soldier anonymously comes for linda.
Lailai escaped assasignation thank God. linda becareful. my 2cents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency / Five States To Get ₦148 Billion Reimbursement For Repairing Federal Roads / 7 Reasons Why Nigeria Should Have Abstained From The UN Jerusalem Vote - ETimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.