Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,668 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! (46289 Views)

Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / A No Reception Wedding: How Feasible? Come In, Let's Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
Thanks ma'am.

Herzumpther you are here. Has it happened .

Thank God o.

Is it that bobo I'm kitchen thread?
Gist me abeg. smiley
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chillisauce:

Herzumpther you are here. Has it happened .

Thank God o.

Is it that bobo I'm kitchen thread?
Gist me abeg. smiley
Hahahahaha. That bobo in the kitchen thread no send me o. Lol.

But before I begin gist you please I have a question. Emmm is it normal to.....emmm can I send a mail?
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
Hahahahaha. That bobo in the kitchen thread no send me o. Lol.

But before I begin gist you please I have a question. Emmm is it normal to.....emmm can I send a mail?

Ok. But I don't know if it will work. Let me know if you sent it. So I will go look for the email for this username.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chillisauce:

Ok. But I don't know if it will work. Let me know if you sent it. So I will go look for the email for this username.
I'm sending it now.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
Herzumpther:
I'm sending it now.

Babe, can't seem to get the right password. I changed it months ago. Will check when I get home. kiss
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ladynice: 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Hmmmmmm I was supposed 2 b here planning bt God change my plans 4 gud wish al of u happy married life in advance & 2 us dat r back 2 searching may God lead us 2 our rightful partner Amen

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Mariecakes(f): 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
ladynice:
Hmmmmmm I was supposed 2 b here planning bt God change my plans 4 gud wish al of u happy married life in advance & 2 us dat r back 2 searching may God lead us 2 our rightful partner Amen
Amen!
Whatever might have happened am sure it's for the best.
Stay bless n it is Well
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 03, 2015
Congratulations for all all intending brides, if you are interested in customised airfresheners for your weddings do get in touch, check my signature.

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
ladynice:
hmmmm, it's well gal.... Hope you're good? Please stay strong, better days ahead... Besides, God knows why everything took that turn... All the best. smiley

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Godspearl(f): 8:43am On Apr 04, 2015
Hello house, I have two beautiful ball gown for sale at a very cheap cost anyone intrested should call or whatsapp
. .. . SOLD
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ladynice: 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
Mariecakes:
Amen!
Whatever might have happened am sure it's for the best.
Stay bless n it is Well

thanks alot
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by ladynice: 12:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
MarvellousGod:
hmmmm, it's well gal.... Hope you're good? Please stay strong, better days ahead... Besides, God knows why everything took that turn... All the best. smiley

amen thanks alot
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 2:52am On Apr 06, 2015
Hey Ladies, sorry, it's been awhile. I had a busy week. Just confirmed that I will be a 2016 bride now!!! grin But I will post in this thread since I have to plan this year anyway, lol.

So what's your guest list size looking like My parents think my guest list size is going to be too small but I want an intimate wedding. cry

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 2:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Quoting again in case people missed it. So much gems in this post!!

Onegai:
Nigerian Weddings are something else. May I share some insight into what you should and shouldn't do

Make a Budget

Once you two have decided to marry, sit down and list out what you need and how much you're willing to pay for it. That way, you can control spending. e.g

Bridal clothes N10,000
Hall N100,000
Food N50,000
etc. It will check you from overspending because every vendor you meet out there will do their best to urge you to go above your budget. If your gown is budgeted at N75,000, INSIST ON FINDING A GOWN IN THAT RANGE OR CHEAPER. Same with makeup, if your budget is N25, 000 stop wasting your time, his/her time and saliva trying to beat a N40, 000 makeup artist down. They won't budge so better look for something in your price range from the get-go (I don't punish myself looking at a designer's website or Instagram page when I can't afford it).

Negotiate Your cake. Yes you want that 7 layer amazement but can you afford it? Nope, order 3 layers and ask your baker to use dummy. Then ask
for a price reduction based on that (since she's not baking 7 cakes it should be cheaper).

Your hall should be somewhere that has parking and security. Especially if you're in Lagos. I don't want to attend your reception and lose my phone.

Add 50 extra guests to every list you make. Nigerians will carry their friends, cousins and all sorts to your wedding and be upset if they don't eat, not minding if the IV said "Mrs Uche Toyin" only not Mrs Uche Toyin and co.

1 month to your wedding is not the time for you to start changing your skincare or diet. I've seen bride's say "oh I'm gonna look lighter on my wedding day". Start 3 months in advance so if you react you have enough time to heal your skin.

Let your family know your budget and be careful of family adding their own expenses to it. My mum went and ordered my traditional clothes. I swear they cost N250,000 (just one outfit, unsewn, no jewelry or shoes or gele added!!) then told hubby and I to please repay her. I sharply negotiated and said I would return the wrappers back to her (since it was george) afterwards, borrow gele and purse from her and pay for the laces. Let your family know "omo that is beautiful, but I cannot afford it, unless you are gifting it to me". Same thing happaaened with my hall (my family was picking a hall of N1.5mil, I quickly redirected them to somewhere cheaper before they asked us to pay).

Be careful of friends or aunties who know someone that can do something e.g "I know a decorator, I know a wedding planner, I know a DJ" etc. Hate to break it to you but those people who come recommended by your friends will rarely be cheaper than professional strangers (the family friend's printer was more expensive than the wedding store I approached) and even worse if they mess up, you can't vex too much (because they came recommended by family). I'd rather hire a professional wedding vendor, negotiate and pay them and be able to dictate to my heart's delight. I've been priviledged to meet some topnotch people in the wedding industry so knew whom I wanted to do want before I even got engaged.

Watch out for unnecessary expenses

My hubby wanted champagne (the good stuff, not Moet) plus 3 bottles of wine on each table at the reception. I made him see it was unnecessary, limit the fancy stuff to those who will gift you well and spray you nicely, not that uncle and his 10 kids you only see during family occassions when there's food. You have to be strong-minded and say "NO THIS IS A WASTE".

OTHER SOURCES OF WASTE are:

Bridal shoes: please buy silver shoes that you will wear a million times after.

Jewelry: rather than buy, I went to a relative's store and borrowed a few pieces, to return the next day. Who go know?? Same with your veil and if someone has married recently and they used fake flower bouquet and kept it, swallow your pride and ask them for it. Buy a can of Spray paint for N350 and spray it your wedding colours or nicer pastel colours. Voila, it's new.

Gown: especially if you're planning on changing during the reception, abeg make one gown cheap. Even better, rent the white gown.

Drinks: please limit the fancy stuff to your VIP. Be real, your friends ain't gonna spray you or gift you jack (that's if they even buy asoebi). Save that nice wine for the uncle who will cut you a N200,000 cheque.

Decorator: No, you don't need chivari chairs, you don't need your name on a centre rug lining the walkway, you don't need a specially decorated table for your bridal train, cut it out of your budget. Even mood lights, ask for fewer lights to be used and reduce your budget. Be strong-willed.

Video: How many of you have watched a wedding video recently? So why are you paying for it??

Music: If I pay a DJ more than N50,000, that's a waste. I've seen N20,000 DJ who did a better job than some MAC-wielding N150,000 DJ.

MC: my hubby thought a fancy MC would make the night more interesting. I reminded him that he couldn't remember the jokes Ali Baba cracked a few months ago at an event, so why spend so much on something he may not remember the specifics of, just that he will say "I think I remember the guy was funny"?

Wedding IVs and Programmes: the only people who will keep them after are your mum, his mum and parents of unmarried kids. Everyone else will fling them. At the wedding store I went to, the saleslady kept insisting "I think you deserve N400 per IV, it's not too much for you" I thanked her for her flattery and said N40,000 for 200 or more IVs was my budget and if I couldn't get cheaper, I would send out nicely printed letters and take my business away from her. She stopped her nonsense immediately. My mum wanted pictures of us in the IV, I stopped it (totally unnecessary and not classy).

WHAT YOU SHOULD SPEND ON

Photography: after your gown cost N180,000, you now hire N40,000 photog who shoots nonsense and the beauty of your gown is lost

Food: If you don't feed people (and feed them on-time) they will sit down and watch you whilst you dance. No spraying money. Do you want that?

Music: if your crowd is Yoruba, hire a band. You will enjoy it more. Good music means a happier crowd.

Wedding Coordinators: mine was a straightfaced man. So if he said "please sit down drinks are coming", people felt ashamed to be making a fuss. Plus he had assistant wedding coordinators (I don't like ushers, they are usually uni girls who have no courage to be strong and get overruled by aunties). He also called all the vendors beforehand and the 2 mothers and gave them instructions. Everyone else he ignored that day.

There is a vendor for every budget. If the vendor you are speaking to keeps saying "I can't do this for your budget" don't negotiate, thank them and go away to find a vendor in your budget.

Remember there is Life after Wedding. Any monetary gifts you receive during wedding planning, I recommend putting it in your savings account and don't say "oh now that I have extra, let me add to my budget".

Be firm. Have fun!

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 4:28am On Apr 06, 2015
Herzumpther:
Please I would appreciate if anybody can help me with pics of bridal maids. I mean styles.

@Herzumpther

I post pictures of bridesmaids dresses on my Pinterest board here: https://www.pinterest.com/chiefwedslolo/nigerian-bridesmaids-dresses/

You might see something you like! Hope this helps.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by tayonooni: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
@herzumpther #bridesmaidsdresses check this link http:///lgz5eco
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
chiefwedslolo:

@Herzumpther

I post pictures of bridesmaids dresses on my Pinterest board here: https://www.pinterest.com/chiefwedslolo/nigerian-bridesmaids-dresses/

You might see something you like! Hope this helps.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
tayonooni:
@herzumpther #bridesmaidsdresses check this link http:///lgz5eco
Thanks a lot.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by lawvlypearl(f): 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Happy easter celebration everyone, hope you had fun? Pls I need ideas on what gift to give my bridesmaid(s) . Thanks in advance
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by tayonooni: 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
@Lawvlypearl
Electric kettle
Iron
Make up box/Kit
A monogrammed towel etc
A gift bag with ladies stuffs inside
Cutlery drainers
Chopping board
Hair brushes
Customised trays, carrier bags, Pocerlain/Ceramics, scented soaps, umbrella serving spoons notepads keyrings

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by lawvlypearl(f): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
tayonooni:
@Lawvlypearl
Electric kettle
Iron
Make up box/Kit
A monogrammed towel etc
A gift bag with ladies stuffs inside
Cutlery drainers
Chopping board
Hair brushes
Customised trays, carrier bags, Pocerlain/Ceramics, scented soaps, umbrella serving spoons notepads keyrings

Awwww #cyberhugs...thanks dearie

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Ahmeen: 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by chiefwedslolo(f): 8:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
Does anyone want a small Nigerian wedding?

Do such things even exist? tongue
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Onegai(f): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
@chiefwedslolo and any other major bridal magazine and vendor on the thread, please I need your help for a friend of mine whose wedding is on Saturday and she made a huge mistake in trusting her wedding gown to a selfish, fraudulent designer in Surulere who kept making mistakes and demanded more money for things the bride requested at first (her mother is a witness to all thia). she has asked for a refund, the lady agreed to repay it immediately (so she can pay for another) only for this designer to call back in 5 minutes and say she can't repay it, she has spent the money refurbishing her shop, how dare the bride demand it of her now, the bride (who is heavily pregnant btw) is emotionally blackmailing her and dropped the phone on the bride. She seems to have also seized the bridal party's clothes (which even though there was an issue, the bride paid in full and was willing to accept them). Bride is in tears and has no money to get another gown and her wedding is on Saturday.

Please can we get your help, I can send the full details to you in pm. We need help to get the bride's deposit back so we can take her to a store and pick up something she can wear. Thanks.

Note: the designer did not mention any info about a non-refundable deposit (we feel she will make up lies now about that) and last week even threatened the bride to sell the dress and refund her (which shocked all of us) until the bride spoke to her calmly. There have been issues with the designer and the dress from first fitting, the bride being unhappy with the dress and the designer kept insisting her own friends liked the dress and the bride getting unhappier (we spent today looking for alternatives).

The size of the dress is a 12/14 and it was designed by the designer and is not a special custom style for the bride. We will mention the name of the designer if she insists on continuing with this sad show of customer service

Please help.

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by veave(f): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2015
Onegai:
@chiefwedslolo and any other major bridal magazine and vendor on the thread, please I need your help for a friend of mine whose wedding is on Saturday and she made a huge mistake in trusting her wedding gown to a selfish, fraudulent designer in Surulere who kept making mistakes and demanded more money for things the bride requested at first (her mother is a witness to all thia). she has asked for a refund, the lady agreed to repay it immediately (so she can pay for another) only for this designer to call back in 5 minutes and say she can't repay it, she has spent the money refurbishing her shop, how dare the bride demand it of her now, the bride (who is heavily pregnant btw) is emotionally blackmailing her and dropped the phone on the bride. She seems to have also seized the bridal party's clothes (which even though there was an issue, the bride paid in full and was willing to accept them). Bride is in tears and has no money to get another gown and her wedding is on Saturday.

Please can we get your help, I can send the full details to you in pm. We need help to get the bride's deposit back so we can take her to a store and pick up something she can wear. Thanks.

Note: the designer did not mention any info about a non-refundable deposit (we feel she will make up lies now about that) and last week even threatened the bride to sell the dress and refund her (which shocked all of us) until the bride spoke to her calmly. There have been issues with the designer and the dress from first fitting, the bride being unhappy with the dress and the designer kept insisting her own friends liked the dress and the bride getting unhappier (we spent today looking for alternatives).

The size of the dress is a 12/14 and it was designed by the designer and is not a special custom style for the bride. We will mention the name of the designer if she insists on continuing with this sad show of customer service

Please help.

What nonsense!!!
Please, make sure she refunds 100%. Its not nice when people make mistakes and don't feel remorse.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 15, 2015
Onegai:

Please help.
God knows that as calm as I am I definitely can't condone such nonsense.

Mention the name and drop her number, na there she go know say everybody get madness for head but people just dey control themselves.

Used the money for what She did not even feel remose at all. Nna eh she go vomit the money. Mtchew.

All this quack designers .....God bless you aunty ngozi, you are simply amazing.
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Onegai(f): 11:19am On Apr 15, 2015
@ chiefwedslolo and others,

We spoke to someone in the industry who advised us to send a text asking for the refund in 10 days' time. Which we did and I asked my uncle who's a lawyer to draft the text simply asking for the dresses and the refund. The designer replied just now that she will refund the deposit and my poor bride is now going to rent a gown, 2 days to her wedding, 6 months pregnant. Sigh.

I would certainly advise brides to buy ready-made, even though our people complain about lack of jobs and money, they behave badly when given a chance. We don't understand customer service.

I strongly believe we should use this thread as a place for referrals (though it may be abused). I know great people who do great jobs and I would like to let brides know.

Thanks guys, let me go pet my little bride smiley

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Shininstar30(f): 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
My church wedding coming up dis year and I don't know where to start

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by taryour(f): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Onegai:
@ chiefwedslolo and others,

We spoke to someone in the industry who advised us to send a text asking for the refund in 10 days' time. Which we did and I asked my uncle who's a lawyer to draft the text simply asking for the dresses and the refund. The designer replied just now that she will refund the deposit and my poor bride is now going to rent a gown, 2 days to her wedding, 6 months pregnant. Sigh.

I would certainly advise brides to buy ready-made, even though our people complain about lack of jobs and money, they behave badly when given a chance. We don't understand customer service.

I strongly believe we should use this thread as a place for referrals (though it may be abused). I know great people who do great jobs and I would like to let brides know.

Thanks guys, let me go pet my little bride smiley

Glad you were able to sort things out for the bride. Wishing her all the best on her joyful day. And also wishing her a safe delivery IJN. Love to the bride and the coming baby.

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by taryour(f): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
Shininstar30:

Hello. Wouldn't mind being one of your vendors on your joyful day. Here is an offer from Boash cakes and events.

Yesss o, Boash Cakes and Events is at it again,and this time
around its a BIG ONE you can't afford to miss.
For our 2015 brides, Boash Cakes and events in conjunction
with L'poise Beauty Palace got your back.
Here is the deal. Book for your traditional and wedding
cakes with Boash Cakes and Events and get a FREE make up
done for the bride for BOTH traditional and wedding events.
Hmmmm that's not all, you still get your cut out cakes for
250 guests absolutely FREE.
So what are you waiting for Hurry now and make your
bookings.
Promo runs from now till OCTOBER
Boash Cakes and Events.
Meeting your demands at all times and exceeding your
expectations exceptionally.
Contacts - 08061385853,
BB Pin - 33313FAC.

Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
Shininstar30:

The first most important things to do are:
*pick your date/alternate date
*Work out your budget
*Secure ur venue

I hope this helps? Best wishes
Re: Would Be [2015] Brides; Come In, Let's Plan Together! by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Happy sunday to all the 2015 brides, wishing us all a blissful marriage in jesus name, May God in his infinite mercy make our homes heaven on earth... ....[/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Tee Nsofor: Nigerian Intersex Lady Receives Support As She Comes Out / Man Weds His Beautiful Japanese Bride ( See Photos) / 1st Wife Attacks New 2nd Wife Who Came To Pay Her Homage (pix/video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92