Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. (8766 Views)

Reasons South-East Senators Visited Buhari / A Perfect Reply To Asari Dokubo's Threat Of War If Gej Loses. / 40 Days To Presidential Poll: Millions In South May Not Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by RedEboe(m): 8:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
If GEJ loses to Buhari in a 'non-boko haram' Nigeria, NOBODY in the South-South will complain. However, one of the major sore points of GEJ's administration remains the insecurity allegedly created and nutured by the North.

Though some pro-APC regions have chosen collective amnesia, fact remains that some Northern groups did promise to make Nigeria ungovernable if GEJ won in 2011 and it happened.

The average Niger-deltan feels that the North has sabotaged 'their son's' government and many are waiting to see what happens next in 2015.

Truth be told, the crisis in the North-East has not affected the rest of Nigeria's growth because that region contributes little to the Nigerian economy. Same cannot be said for oil in the Niger-delta.

It is unfortunate, but this is a sad reality.

I know GEJ will still win the 2015 elections without these needless threats . But in case he doesnt win, Nigerians should know that these threats are not empty.

My opinion.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Adminisher: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
RedEboe:
If GEJ were lose to Buhari in a 'non-boko haram' Nigeria, NOBODY in the South-South will complain. However, one of the major sore points of GEJ's administration remains the insecurity allegedly created and nutured by the North.

Though some pro-APC regions have chosen collective amnesia, fact remains that some Northern groups did promise to make Nigeria ungovernable if GEJ won in 2011 and it happened.

The average Niger-deltan feels that the North has sabotaged 'their son's' government and many are waiting to see what happens next in 2015.

Truth be told, the crisis in the North-East has not affected the rest of Nigeria's growth because that region contributes little to the Nigerian economy. Same cannot be said for oil in the Niger-delta.

I know GEJ will still win the 2015 elections without these needless threats . But in case he doesnt win, Nigerians should know that these threats are not empty.

My opinion.

Jonathan is not winning any elections.
Nigeria is too big to be threatened. Please believe that. If any South South state shuts down oil production, they are courting hunger and penury. If you think hunger is glamorous please try to imagine what the sound of a hungry baby does to the mind of a parent. Don't even go where you should not. A naval blockade for one month and no transfers from the federation accounts will ground a state completely. Crime will rise and inter ethnic tensions will commence. Refugees will flood everywhere and the UN will be begging the federal government to temper justice with mercy. Let us not rain curses on ourselves. If the federal fiscal structure needs to be dealt with Jonathan had six years to do it and he was too much of a coward to do it. Maybe the man Buhari who does not care for billions will be the person to eventually ensure fiscal federalism with each region controlling its wealth but not by threats or militancy. Trouble no good.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by LRNZH(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
What an unfortunate statement by Agbaje.

It is an insult on the South South and a prove that PDP cannot tackle unrest of any sort.

Insult because even the South South like the rest of Nigeria, live in darkness, feel the impact of a depreciating Naira, witness oil bunkered to enrich very few militants....

GEJ does not have the initiative to tackle Boko Haram and will be unable to tackle any form of insurgency. They expect APC to be of the same guise.

If there is any insurgency or increased militancy in the SS when GMB becomes President, the carrot of Yar’Adua and the stick of GMB will be combined to quell it. Also massive developmental programs will be undertaken to improve the lots of the SS like that of other Nigerians.

By the way, Lagos does not deserve a scaremongering governor.

GMB 2015. Performance is our Mantra.

17 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
Adminisher:

Nigeria is too big to be threatened. Please believe that. If any South South state shuts down oil production, they are courting hunger and penury. If you think hunger is glamorous please try to imagine what the sound of a hungry baby does to the mind of a parent. Don't even go where you should not. A naval blockade for one month and no transfers from the federation accounts will ground a state completely. Crime will rise and inter ethnic tensions will commence. Refugees will flood everywhere and the UN will be begging the federal government to temper justice with mercy. Let us not rain curses on ourselves. If the federal fiscal structure needs to be dealt with Jonathan had six years to do it and he was too much of a coward to do it. Maybe the man Buhari who does not care for billions will be the person to eventually ensure fiscal federalism with each region controlling its wealth but not by threats or militancy. Trouble no good.

Poor historian

Naval Ko Air Ni

Your stubborn hero OBJ failed let alone GMB

14 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
No problem, we no wan doubt u. But remember sey d certificate is still nowhere 2b found

5 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Icekeeng(m): 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
I'm not a political goon but it amuses me to see some people talk with their anu,s... They think Buhari can just come and wipe out corruption, tackle insecurity and boost the economy just like that as if nigeria is made up of 3 empty streets in the north!

23 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by meracool(m): 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
They'll Shut down Nothing...

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by meracool(m): 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
Icekeeng:
I'm not a political goon but it amuses me to see some people talk with their anu,s... They think Buhari can just come and wipe out corruption, tackle insecurity and boost the economy just like that as if nigeria is made up of 3 empty streets in the north!

But he Has 4 Years To Implement it..
It won't happen suddenly

Vote For Change
Vote for GMB

Thanks...!!!

14 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Collynzo9: 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
Adminisher:

The same Navy they were using for practice not too long ago under General Obasanjo?
Tell us another story abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by ekeneidiagbor: 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
meracool:

But he Has 4 Years To Implement it..
It won't happen suddenly

Vote For Change
Vote for GMB

Thanks...!!!

But My Guy... Buhari couldn't curb the corrupt practices of his supposed subject when he was PTF Chairman...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Rexnegro(m): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
Adminisher:

I had to comment to commend u for a nice point...u are truly learned, u spoke my mind. Perhaps maybe we re connected one or another. I gave u d 2nd like now. Nice one bro.

6 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by babadee1(m): 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
RedEboe:
If GEJ were lose to Buhari in a 'non-boko haram' Nigeria, NOBODY in the South-South will complain. However, one of the major sore points of GEJ's administration remains the insecurity allegedly created and nutured by the North.

My opinion.

What exactly has Jonathan done for the people of the Niger Delta? How can you be happy that "your son" is president when after six years under him your people have gained nothing. Buhari will do a much better job of developing the Niger Delta than Jonathan has done.

12 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by meracool(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
ekeneidiagbor:

But My Guy... Buhari couldn't curb the corrupt practices of his supposed subject when he was PTF Chairman...

Because there was No Allegation that any of his subjects were indicted.

Did he not work With Dora Akunyili commending her.. So that shows that people that worked with hime were also God Fearing and trying to protect the Image of their Boss..

2 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
Who in South South will pick up arms to fight because a failed project called Jonathan was boothed out? i know my people, we are not foolish. We have our demands and Jonathan isn't part of it. His Presidency is his own pocket, just like Sambo's VP is his own pocket. My brothers, Sisters and I want a better life. We want an abrupt end to unemployment in our region, we want security, we are tired of seeing some few criminals from our region and politicians enjoying alone and then shout "South South" when it doesn't favor them. Specifically, no one Ijaw, not even people of Otuoke will shed tears for Mr. Goodluck Jonathan. Whoever think that he has the ability to disrupt the peace of the South South and specifically the Ijaw nation should test his/her might from May 29. Incoming President Muhammadu Buhari and the entire South South People will put that bastard(s) to his/her place.

Sai Buhari
God Bless SS
God Bless Ijaw Nation
God Bless Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Horizona001(m): 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
nothing will happen...forget about South whatever

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by 9jvirgin(m): 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
I say when the gobe go start, the south south noise makers go run kaba kaba grin

3 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by naso2(m): 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2015
barcanista:
Who in South South will pick up arms to fight because a failed project called Jonathan was boothed out? i know my people, we are not foolish. We have our demands and Jonathan isn't part of it. His Presidency is his own pocket, just like Sambo's VP is his own pocket. My brothers, Sisters and I want a better life. We want an abrupt end to unemployment in our region, we want security, we are tired of seeing some few criminals from our region and politicians enjoying alone and then shout "South South" when it doesn't favor them. Specifically, no one Ijaw, not even people of Otuoke will shed tears for Mr. Goodluck Jonathan. Whoever think that he has the ability to disrupt the peace of the South South and specifically the Ijaw nation should test his/her might from May 29. Incoming President Muhammadu Buhari and the entire South South People will put that bastard(s) to his/her place.

Sai Buhari
God Bless SS
God Bless Ijaw Nation
God Bless Nigeria

bros fine you are right that most of these politicians are largely selfish and only fallback on regional sentiments when things get tough, but I beg ,don't connect Ijaw nation to a Buhari project. abeg things never bad reach like that.

while the posters position may be extreme , it is pure naivety to think that a better part of the SS will just applaud and cooperate with a GMB government when BH is clearly a northern project to rubbish jonathan.

Shey BH don endorse their preferred candidate, coincidentally it is same man they chose as there negotiator 2 years ago.

7 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
naso2:

[s]bros fine you are right that most of these politicians are largely selfish and only fallback on regional sentiments when things get tough, but I beg ,don't connect Ijaw nation to a Buhari project. abeg things never bad reach like that.

while the posters position may be extreme , it is pure naivety to think that a better part of the SS will just applaud and cooperate with a GMB government when BH is clearly a northern project to rubbish jonathan.

Shey BH don endorse their preferred candidate, coincidentally it is same man they chose as there negotiator 2 years ago.[/s]
You may be foolish, but the Ijaws are not. Maybe you need to read the statement of MEND to get a clue. I am passionate about Ijaw project, Jonathan doesn't represent it. If the region will become worse than it was before his ascension to power, then you think we are foolish? Now I know that he will win majority Ijaw votes due to brotherly sentiment, but Buhari will get a percentage. When election is declared and Jonathan is defeated, NO IJAW son or daughter will take up arms. Not even Asari Dokubo. I know my people, we aren't fools. And btw: Are you an Izon?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by hedonistic: 12:05am On Jan 08, 2015
To think that even OBJ could not contain the Niger Delta militants even though they were relatively new and unorganised then. Now that they have had time and enormous resources to covertly reorganise themselves and consolidate their stronghold, any realistic person should be very cognizant of their capacity to bring Nigeria's oil production to a complete halt if they decide to launch attacks following a GEJ loss.

Is it the incompetent Nigerian military that cannot defeat a mere low intelligence ragtag cattle rearers called boko haram up north that would be able to defeat the vastly more intelligent, more sophisticated, better organised, better funded, and better equipped militants in the Niger Delta? Let's face it, these guys would totally ground oil production and chase away every oil company operating in that region. They certainly now have the capacity to do so, and Nigeria' hopeless military cannot stop them.

9 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by bakila: 12:09am On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
You may be foolish, but the Ijaws are not. Maybe you need to read the statement of MEND to get a clue. I am passionate about Ijaw project, Jonathan doesn't represent it. If the region will become worse than it was before his ascension to power, then you think we are foolish? Now I know that he will win majority Ijaw votes due to brotherly sentiment, but Buhari will get a percentage. When election is declared and Jonathan is defeated, NO IJAW son or daughter will take up arms. Not even Asari Dokubo. I know my people, we aren't fools. And btw: Are you an Izon?
Last three words with the question mark is important.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by citizenY(m): 12:46am On Jan 08, 2015
Icekeeng:

Look at this man..... three streets ke!!

Jonathan has so far not been able to control one gate in Aso Rock..... he is still planning to.

Corruption, insecurity and ineptutude have become landlords there and he is busy collecting rent.

4 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Akosbaba(m): 1:40am On Jan 08, 2015
If Nigeria remains one after the general elections,then we are supposed to be together but if not.............
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by meforyou1(m): 1:43am On Jan 08, 2015
Lagos is a no man's land till eternity. Tinubu is not from lagos, fashola is not from lagos, Ambode is not from lagos, Joe igbokwe is not from lagos
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by ekeneidiagbor: 2:13am On Jan 08, 2015
meracool:

Because there was No Allegation that any of his subjects were indicted.

Did he not work With Dora Akunyili commending her.. So that shows that people that worked with hime were also God Fearing and trying to protect the Image of their Boss..

But that doesn't mean that corrupt and illicit activities did not take place; they were made hidden but were later exposed...
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by oduastates: 2:27am On Jan 08, 2015
Go ahead and shut down the oil from which the citizens do not derive any benefit.
Bye bye to Jonathan and those who want to follow him

5 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Atouke: 2:29am On Jan 08, 2015
No region or state has a monopoly of distabilizing the government at the centre! A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Atouke: 2:33am On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:

Keep living in Denial 2015 election is around the corner, Let the North gang up against GEJ if they may, the SS will bite them where it hurts.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by RedEboe(m): 2:38am On Jan 08, 2015
@Barcanista and pro-Buhari crew, this is the collective amnesia i was talking about.

Obasanjo with all his civil war experience could not curb the Niger-delta militants, it took Yaradua and several leaders to BEG the militants to accept a billion dollar amnesty programme and you guys are here making mouth?

Again, my article did not support this threat but highlighted its possibility. Let's just PRAY it doesn't come to this...you all don't know the stakes down South. You think government was stupid in spending billions to rehabilitate Ex-Niger Delta warlords?

It's OK

4 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Atouke: 2:39am On Jan 08, 2015
babadee1:

What exactly has Jonathan done for the people of the Niger Delta? How can you be happy that "your son" is president when after six years under him your people have gained nothing. Buhari will do a much better job of developing the Niger Delta than Jonathan has done.

We want him there the same way the north had their sons for 38yrs as president and the SW had obj for 11yrs GEJ must be there for his 8yrs. whether he does something for the SS or not. thats what equity demands.

What did OBJ do for the SW in 11yrs and what did all the Northern presidents do for the north in 38yrs?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by RedEboe(m): 2:46am On Jan 08, 2015
oduastates:
Go ahead and shut down the oil from which the citizens do not derive any benefit.
Bye bye to Jonathan and those who not to follow him

Mr Odua, your much more intelligent Yoruba leaders are aware of these threats and have since sold Buhari to Jonathan.
Buhari is being sent on a very nasty wild goose chase. A grand design that will finish his political career for good.
You all just don't understand the stakes.

Stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Nobody: 3:17am On Jan 08, 2015
oduastates:
Bye bye to Jonathan and those who not to follow him

The imported products used in Nigeria were bought with dollars gotten from ND oil

Think again

2 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by oduastates: 3:19am On Jan 08, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

The imported products used in Nigeria were bought with dollars gotten from ND oil

Think again

What do you think the millions of odua states citizens send from the UK, America,Australia,Canada etc?

Kola -nut?
Meanwhile, your Niger delta as you think of it stops on the eastern fringes of itshekiri land.
You can shut down and pollute your land from that point.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Free Zone To Attract Additional $5 Billion Investment To Lagos / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: The Face Of Subsidy Removal? / Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.