Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. (8802 Views)

Reasons South-East Senators Visited Buhari / A Perfect Reply To Asari Dokubo's Threat Of War If Gej Loses. / 40 Days To Presidential Poll: Millions In South May Not Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by naso2(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
Do you know when the Agitation for an Ijaw state started? I can see that you have no knowledge of the Ijaw history. I know your type and I can bet you that you don't even participate in any Ijaw programs nor contribute to the Ijaw cause in any way(I may be wrong though). Let me refer you to my brother, IjawCitizen! He is a Jonathanian, he also think I am not being fair to Jonathan, but despite our disagreement, he has Ijaw's interests at heart (though we disagree in some respect).

lol. wetin concern ijaw history with wetin I ask you? You are so "smart" that from my post you can tell how much of Ijaw history I know. But that is completely out of scope.

Tell me how Ijaws are worse off under GEJ . remember I am only asking for more "light" on a statement you made in your post.

For your info I have one leg(paternal) from bolu orua (salga lg) and the other leg (maternal) from kolokuma/opokuma so, no be me you go tell about kaiama declaration.

3 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by naso2(m): 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
naso2:

lol. wetin concern ijaw history with wetin I ask you? You are so "smart" that from my post you can tell how much of Ijaw history I know. But that is completely out of scope.

Tell me how Ijaws are worse off under GEJ . remember I am only asking for more "light" on a statement you made in your post.

For your info I have one leg(paternal) from bulu orua (salga lg) and the other leg (maternal) from kolokuma/opokuma so, no be me you go tell about kaiama declaration.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Prinzofparis: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
tonychristopher:

Which people are we looking at that will cripple the economy and who will support them and what are the population of the so called Cripplers of economy

Mr Man you asked a smart question and I thought you wanted to know the region called south south.
About this your follow up questions, I will dim them rhetorical, otherwise I will have to view them as 'stewpid'.
I'm sticking with the rhetorical though so it won't look like I insulted you.

Best regards.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Akanbiedu(m): 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Stop deceiving your subconsciousness and other independents

The same people holding down PIB for no reason other than what South South will benefit from Oil companies (not even from National purse) is now going to bless the South.

There is no end in sight to your new found brainwashed status.

Who is holding down PIB? You will do well to tell us whose government initiated the bill.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
naso2:

For your info I have one leg(paternal) from bolu orua (salga lg) and the other leg (maternal) from kolokuma/opokuma so, no be me you go tell about kaiama declaration.
I will send you PM. I think our brotherly conversation should be private before antagonists hijack it. Are you cool?
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
You may be foolish, but the Ijaws are not. Maybe you need to read the statement of MEND to get a clue. I am passionate about Ijaw project, Jonathan doesn't represent it. If the region will become worse than it was before his ascension to power, then you think we are foolish? Now I know that he will win majority Ijaw votes due to brotherly sentiment, but Buhari will get a percentage. When election is declared and Jonathan is defeated, NO IJAW son or daughter will take up arms. Not even Asari Dokubo. I know my people, we aren't fools. And btw: Are you an Izon?
I see a lot of sentiments in your take on this issue. It doesn't take a historian to know that if Jonathan loses next year, the south south may fall back into Anachy,not necessarily because the government of Gej was better but because of the ethnic conspiracy theory by Northern elite against a south south president which is been sold by the leaders of the south south to their Masses. Remember what caused to the civil war? it was a situation like this. This is Nigeria my brother.

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by PointB: 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:

This is the problem with people not thinking. Nobody is saying the Niger Delta will be invaded. The region will be starved to death is what we are saying. The government controls littoral waters and owns the airforce. Only a very big fool turns his homeland into a war zone. Win or lose the military war, that homeland is set back many years. Russia just invaded Ukraine a few months ago and the economy is ruined as we speak.I am telling you a blockade of the region will just turn them into a land of hunger or a colony of Cameroon.
Just try it. These things are not what you talk about and I am not making threats, I am mostly following the normal thread of things

So the rag-tag Boko army did not starve to death, it is Niger Delta people, the source of Nigeria wealth that will starve to death because of Nigeria Navy that can't even tackle piracy?

You are not joking, you are the joke!

2 Likes

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by naso2(m): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
barcanista:
I will send you PM. I think our brotherly conversation should be private before antagonists hijack it. Are you cool?

kool
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by gnykelly(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
justi4jesu:

And why is that? angry angry

because your perception support it.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by SUBMARINE: 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
PointB:

So the rag-tag Boko army did not starve to death, it is Niger Delta people, the source of Nigeria wealth that will starve to death because of Nigeria Navy that can't even tackle piracy?

You are not joking, you are the joke!

That guy is a military illiterate

Ignore him

@ naso2

You spoke wisely

One thing we(Nigerians) all know is that SS must be compensated with 8years or no oil will flow

GEJ establishing a military base in SS and SE was strategic

Thank God Agbaje and Fayose is echoing it . So that their people choose wisely.

Don't listen to distractors

We are with you guys

Keep on speaking, so that those distractors will keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by gbounty: 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
Which mumu de post dis kind rubbish threat? whoever wins election becomes the president that's all. Nigeria is neither own by Badluck Ebele Jonathan nor General Muhamadu Buhari after all Jonah children de for school for Europe come tell you to give your own children guns and cutlasses to kill your neighbors so that him go rule Nigeria. Oloriburuku oponu, were jatijati.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by gbounty: 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
I don't think so
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by gbounty: 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
Blatant lie better warn your brothers against this Badluck of a man so that they don't spend the rest of their vital years in prison, As you mumu to understand say that man wen de give you gun de buy you cutlass children de school for Oyinbo land.............Abi ask yourself this question; why haven't this man or these people remembered me for the past 4 or six years? Oniyeye na the answer wen you go get
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by tonychristopher: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Prinzofparis:

Mr Man you asked a smart question and I thought you wanted to know the region called south south.
About this your follow up questions, I will dim them rhetorical, otherwise I will have to view them as 'stewpid'.
I'm sticking with the rhetorical though so it won't look like I insulted you.

Best regards.

Its the answer that you have given now shows yout level of buffonry

I am asking cos Niger delta is s generative name ...so tell me the people that will cripple the economy and what are the population of their ground forces ...is it the ogoni ..they are few is it ijaw they Judy have a state to their name is it ishekiri and urobo.. those ones are confused fighting over piece of land and I know Igbo in Niger Delta just don't give a damn

So back to the basic ...which people will cripple the economy of 160, million people

I am waiting for answers

I have given you options
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by zendy: 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
Asari Dokubo has said it many times that the minimum requirement for the continuation of oil flow out of the Niger-Delta is the re-election of Jonathan. I have no doubt in my mind that if Buhari wins, the militants of the Niger-Delta will return to the creeks and stop all oil activities which will invariably lead to the economic strangulation of Nigeria. The oil and gas wealth of South-south people constitutes over 70% of Nigerias GDP,without them,there is no Nigeria. Contrary to some opinions,the oil and gas wealth does not belong to Nigeria,it belongs to the people of the Niger-Delta. The rest of Nigeria has used the notion of 'one Nigeria' to steal their oil wealth since the end of the war. Should Buhari win this election, it is bye bye oil money and I fully support the Niger Delta people taking back what is theirs. It is an injustice that these people are paying 'to run Nigeria' while the rest are dictating who will rule them. These people don't need Nigeria for anything. So should Buhari and his zone who don't contribute anything to Nigeria win, they will shut down all oil activity.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
hedonistic:

The problem is that perceptions or assessments of "performance" are often subjective and laced with biases. Otherwise, it should be easy to acknowledge that GEJ has achieved significant progress on many fronts - a bigger economy, agriculture, industry/FDI, rail transport, stronger democratic institutions (free and fair elections, freedom of speech and other liberties), etc. Even in terms of corruption, Nigeria now ranks lower on Transparency International's Corruption Index than was the case under Obasanjo.

In the end, the main issue that has been used to discredit and condemn this government is the so called insecurity caused by Boko Haram, which is clearly an artificial problem set up by the North to reclaim power. That is the basis for all the anti-Goodluck noise, and that is why the south south would never accept that their son would be stampeded out of office by such nonsense. If that happens, they would also prove that no region has a monopoly of violence. This is the crux of the matter.

Remove this stage-managed Boko Haram distraction and rate Goodluck objectively based on tangible performance metrics. If he has failed woefully, I'm sure nobody in the South would complain if he loses the election fair and square. But we in the South can see through this so called Boko Haram insurgency and we realise it is a well-orchestrated ploy to make the country ungovernable for GEJ and blackmail him out of office to make way for the parasitic northerners. That is completely unacceptable.
Even though the above has nothing to do with what I originally wrote, I will indulge you a little. For you to say aside Boko Haram GEJ has "performed" is basically you admitting bias, hypocrisy, self deceit and/or not knowing what it means for a society to be properly governed.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
zendy:
Asari Dokubo has said it many times that the minimum requirement for the continuation of oil flow out of the Niger-Delta is the re-election of Jonathan. I have no doubt in my mind that if Buhari wins, the militants of the Niger-Delta will return to the creeks and stop all oil activities which will invariably lead to the economic strangulation of Nigeria. The oil and gas wealth of South-south people constitutes over 70% of Nigerias GDP,without them,there is no Nigeria. Contrary to some opinions,the oil and gas wealth does not belong to Nigeria,it belongs to the people of the Niger-Delta. The rest of Nigeria has used the notion of 'one Nigeria' to steal their oil wealth since the end of the war. Should Buhari win this election, it is bye bye oil money and I fully support the Niger Delta people taking back what is theirs. It is an injustice that these people are paying 'to run Nigeria' while the rest are dictating who will rule them. These people don't need Nigeria for anything. So should Buhari and his zone who don't contribute anything to Nigeria win, they will shut down all oil activity.
How has the oil money---with GEJ in power--- benefited the ordinary man in the Niger Delta?
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by SUBMARINE: 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
zendy:

Supported

Already their governors cant pay salaries due to declining oil wealth

Just imagine how Nigerians will weep when oil production is reduced to zero as BH continue their madness in the face of an army that cant buy weapons due to lack of cash
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by zendy: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
How has the oil money---with GEJ in power--- benefited the ordinary man in the Niger Delta?

So you can Imagine what the south-South people will think if Buhari should win......
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by zendy: 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
TheIROKO:
I see a lot of sentiments in your take on this issue. It doesn't take a historian to know that if Jonathan loses next year, the south south may fall back into Anachy,not necessarily because the government of Gej was better but because of the ethnic conspiracy theory by Northern elite against a south south president which is been sold by the leaders of the south south to their Masses. Remember what caused to the civil war? it was a situation like this. This is Nigeria my brother.

The presidential elections is no longer about if Jonathan has performed or not, or about what Buhari will do or not do if he wins. The Presidential elections has now become a battle of the South and East of Nigeria against the west and North of Nigeria for political control. As an Igbo man,nobody expects me to support a Hausa/Fulani man over my South-south neigbour particularly when that Hausa/Fulani man is an accomplished coup plotter,tested tyrant and proven religious bigot. I have no doubt in my mind that if Jonathan had been a Yoruba man, there would have been no APC (we all remember how the Yorubas rallied around Obasunjo for him to win a second term even though his first term was a monumental disaster). If Jonathan had been a Hausa man, the North would have crucified Buhari for mounting any challenge against Jonathan. But because Jonathan is a south-South man,the Yorubas and their Northern allies have found a common cause to vilify his administration and have united to conscript power back for themselves. In other words,as long as a Yoruba man or northerner is in charge,all is well. But should an Igbo man or South-south man be in charge,that's when they remember "Sai this" and "Sai that". Who is fooling who here? I and my fellow Igbos are going to vote massively for Jonathan as will the south-South. With portions of the middle belt,PDP strongholds in the north and west will just be enough for Jonathan to clear up this election and be sworn in a second term. Jonathan till 2019!!!!
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
zendy:

The presidential elections is no longer about if Jonathan has performed or not, or about what Buhari will do or not do if he wins. The Presidential elections has now become a battle of the South and East of Nigeria against the west and North of Nigeria for political control. As an Igbo man,nobody expects me to support a Hausa/Fulani man over my South-south neigbour particularly when that Hausa/Fulani man is an accomplished coup plotter,tested tyrant and proven religious bigot. I have no doubt in my mind that if Jonathan had been a Yoruba man, there would have been no APC (we all remember how the Yorubas rallied around Obasunjo for him to win a second term even though his first term was a monumental disaster). If Jonathan had been a Hausa man, the North would have crucified Buhari for mounting any challenge against Jonathan. But because Jonathan is a south-South man,the Yorubas and their Northern allies have found a common cause to vilify his administration and have united to conscript power back for themselves. In other words,as long as a Yoruba man or northerner is in charge,all is well. But should an Igbo man or South-south man be in charge,that's when they remember "Sai this" and "Sai that". Who is fooling who here? I and my fellow Igbos are going to vote massively for Jonathan as will the south-South. With portions of the middle belt,PDP strongholds in the north and west will just be enough for Jonathan to clear up this election and be sworn in a second term. Jonathan till 2019!!!!

This is why I say Ibos are idiots, and the Yorubas and Hausas are even bigger idiots. You, as an Ibo man, will admittedly not vote for a Northerner or Westerner regardless of their pedigree, but you hope that those same people will vote for you so that you can remain in power to continue oppressing and insulting them?

Then you have amongst the Yorubas and Hausas those that can't see that you've declared war on them as a group and are only willing to elect your "Brother" so long as it will spite their Regions.

I think, though, that you are in for a rude awakening.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by zendy: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

This is why I say Ibos are idiots, and the Yorubas and Hausas are even bigger idiots. You, as an Ibo man, will admittedly not vote for a Northerner or Westerner regardless of their pedigree, but you hope that those same people will vote for you so that you can remain in power to continue oppressing and insulting them?

Then you have the amongst the Yorubas and Hausas those that can't see that you've declared war on them as a group and are only willing to elect your "Brother" so long as it will spite their Regions.

I think, though, that you are in for a rude awakening.

What did you expect? Are you under the illusion that Nigeria is a united entity where all ethnicities love each other? You 'bolded' the part of post that concerns you and conveniently left out the part where I said that the alternative to Jonathan is an accomplished coup plotter and well documented dictator. The awakening is for the west and north to realise that their planned hegemony of Nigeria has failed.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by emmysoftyou: 7:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
naso2:

very important point . don't joke with egbe....whatever with me abeg. I am seated in heavenly places far above any principality and power. I serve the one and ONLY LIVING GOD----JEHOVAH

Hausa/Fulani was in government when these things happened does not mean they "gave" you .

what exactly is your point? They discovered the awareness was getting quite dangerous and uncomfortable and ceded these things you now see as big achievements from Gambaris.

Guy you will do well to speak for yourself and not pose as a spokesman for IZON or as having a view that is popular amongst IZON OTU. you may be very popular on this forum but your view on this is at best a minority view.

Aboki that gave you states but ensured that the national structure is one where just Kano and Jigawa reps in the national assembly equal that of the entire SS. To remind you Jigawa was carved out of Kano in 1991

You stylishly expanded the discuss to dodge my simple question of " how is the IZON nation worse off in a GEJ government"?

chai I wish other ijaw will reason dis way or alike..
I don't care who s popular in dis forum,but. Ur statement makes meaning than someone who feels he is the wise man of ijaw land..
Abeg keep teaching them politics as it s then and now..
More ink to ur pen
More oil to ur engine..
Expect my like after quoting yu..tanx.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
zendy:

What did you expect? Are you under the illusion that Nigeria is a united entity where all ethnicities love each other? You 'bolded' the part of post that concerns you and conveniently left out the part where I said that the alternative to Jonathan is an accomplished coup plotter and well documented dictator. The awakening is for the west and north to realise that their planned hegemony of Nigeria has failed.
Yes, I do believe that most Nigerians love each other and don't care about your tribe or religion. But, I also know that there are people like you that can't think straight without infusing tribe or religion into a subject; and even that is still not a guarantee that your thought won't be skewered.
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by pro2010: 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Much Ado about nothing. Gej will lose, let us see what will happen!
Re: Genuine Reasons South-south May Shut Down Nigeria If GEJ Loses. by omonnakoda: 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
naso2:

bros fine you are right that most of these politicians are largely selfish and only fallback on regional sentiments when things get tough, but I beg ,don't connect Ijaw nation to a Buhari project. abeg things never bad reach like that.

while the posters position may be extreme , it is pure naivety to think that a better part of the SS will just applaud and cooperate with a GMB government when BH is clearly a northern project to rubbish jonathan.

Shey BH don endorse their preferred candidate, coincidentally it is same man they chose as there negotiator 2 years ago.
Boko Haram is not about "rubbishing" Jonathan It is that misunderstanding that led to the inaction that allowed Boko Haram to thrive. It is also that misunderstanding that led to the incompetent reaction when hundreds of girls were kidnapped. The main reason why Noko Haram thrives today is because of corruption in the military that have stolen billions of military allocations and failed to train troops adequately. There are many factors that contributed to the growth of Boko Haram including the fall out of the Libya war which made arms available but the Nigerian Security forces have failed woefully and as Commander in Chief the President is responsible.

From a political perspective he has also failed to protect his interests. Given that he is a minority his duty was to ensure that the entire south were behind him. However some SS and SE elements with the PDP saw the loss of the SW region at the last elections as an opportunity to empower themselves and marginalize SW politicians . That was the foundation of his problems . If he had tried to rehabilitate PDP in the SW then we could have been talking North versus South and then he could use incumbency to swing things his way. Instead he sat idly by whilst some Ibo Ministers carried out a PERCEIVED anti Yoruba agenda. This may not even have been real but he showed or felt no need to manage that very real perception or the relationship with Yorubas. Now he cannot win in SW and that is nothing to do with Boko Haram but his political naivety.
Note that I say nothing about his performance but political manouevring. Today he should have ensured that the entire SOUTH is solidly behind him politically but every time he has scored own goals e.g MAULAG and then his comments bout Lagos during the subsidy crisis makes one suspect that deep down either he and or some significant people close to him dislike the SW . He has not been very good at hiding this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Not Easterners Anymore! / Kaduna State Pays End Of Year Bonus, Junior Staff Get 100% / Bala-Usman: Amaechi Drops Unremitted N165b Allegation, Bases Query On Waivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.