Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD (29629 Views)

180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? / Will A Master's Degree Improve One's Employment Prospect? / Erasmus Mundus Scholarship For Msc Materials Science And Engineering (AMASE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by Seunbunmi(m): 11:47am On Mar 30, 2015
WhyNa:

Big congrats to you. Still waiting. Which course accepted you

Thanks. Got accepted with scholarship to Masters in Education Policies for Global Development (GLOBED).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Thanks. Got accepted with scholarship to Masters in Education Policies for Global Development (GLOBED).

Wow. Cool countries too

1 Like

Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by sholay2011(m): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by Seunbunmi(m): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2015
Yeah, I would be glad to give neccesary advices and suggestions to prospective Nigerian applicants.

We need to get more Nigerians in this programme, for the development of our country and Africa as a whole.

Regards.
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by spankyflex(m): 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2015
Seunbunmi:
Yeah, I would be glad to give neccesary advices and suggestions to prospective Nigerian applicants.

We need to get more Nigerians in this programme, for the development of our country and Africa as a whole.

Regards.
pls what's the minimum GPA accepted for the program? secondly can a graduate of estate management apply for the programm?thanks for a prompt response
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by Seunbunmi(m): 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2015
spankyflex:
pls what's the minimum GPA accepted for the program? secondly can a graduate of estate management apply for the programm?thanks for a prompt response

The minimum CGPA required for most of the courses is 2.1. But a 3.80 CGPA above gives you a better chance. Also there are many courses you should be able to apply to, check their website in previous posts.
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by izutex007(m): 8:43am On Mar 31, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Regards.

Bro. Is the offer stl open?
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by DMainMan: 8:49am On Mar 31, 2015
PTDF OIL AND GAS FIELD TRAINING
PROGRAMMME (OGFTP)

OGFTP is designed to build capacities at both the graduate and technicians level in Oil and Gas field operations in order to develop indigenous competencies in line with the Federal Government’s Nigerian Content aspirations and drive.

SELECTION CRITERIA

Applications would be on-line and the
eligibility criteria are as follows:

Young Graduate Engineers who have
graduated from Nigerian Universities
within the last five (5) years.

a. Possession of a first degree in
Engineering.
b. Candidates must possess a
minimum of second class lower degree.
c. Candidates must not be above 35
years of age.
d. Possession of NYSC certificate.
e. Candidates must be computer
literate.
f. Mechanical Engineering discipline will
be an added advantage.

Click the following link to apply. Only
successful candidates will be
contacted:

Source: DMainMan Foundation

http://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YypnA4eS84G2Wd7ONGTMTfkxQcAWhczWGpMyvL_O5IE/viewform
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by DMainMan: 8:50am On Mar 31, 2015
try and apply today as d link will probably b closed.

For more information on Empowerment Opportunity, Scholarships and Internship go to DMainMan Foundation Facebook page (http://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation) and like it.
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 8:52am On Mar 31, 2015
izutex007:

Nope. Till September. Seunbunmi is your first pathway Spain?
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 8:53am On Mar 31, 2015
izutex007:

Nope. Till September. Seunbunmi is your first pathway Spain? and do you know when European commission will be approving the list?
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by Seunbunmi(m): 9:25am On Mar 31, 2015
izutex007:

Applications usually starts from October - January. Deadline for applications varies depending on the course. This is the best time to start preparing for the next session, don't wait till application opens.
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by Seunbunmi(m): 9:28am On Mar 31, 2015
WhyNa:

Nope. Till September. Seunbunmi is your first pathway Spain? and do you know when European commission will be approving the list?

Yes bro, my first mobility track is Spain. I heard the European commission usually approve the list between April and May.
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by transbut5(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Regards.
I graduated with a cgpa of 3.29. Do I stand a chance in any of the scholarship?
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Yes bro, my first mobility track is Spain. I heard the European commission usually approve the list between April and May.

Cool. One of the courses I applied to starts in Spain though its in Oviedo. Will let you know sha when the results are out
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 9:57am On Mar 31, 2015
I dont know why its taking this long. Any other person out there waiting too? Seunbunni do you know any other Nigerians who got the scholarship too?
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by sholay2011(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2015
WhyNa:
I dont know why its taking this long. Any other person out there waiting too? Seunbunni do you know any other Nigerians who got the scholarship too?
I'm also waiting, though my course is different(Agricultural Economics) and the feedback period that was stated for my course is Ist week of April.
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 10:28am On Mar 31, 2015
sholay2011:

I'm also waiting, though my course is different(Agricultural Economics) and the feedback period that was stated for my course is Ist week of April.

Good to see someone else who is waiting
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2015
sholay2011:

Agricultural economics is that AGRIMUNDUS?
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by sholay2011(m): 10:36am On Mar 31, 2015
WhyNa:

Agricultural economics is that AGRIMUNDUS?
It's under the IMRD...

Agrimundus ko, Erasnomics ni tongue
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 10:43am On Mar 31, 2015
sholay2011:

It's under the IMRD...

Agrimundus ko, Erasnomics ni tongue

Lmao. Ok
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by Seunbunmi(m): 11:12am On Mar 31, 2015
WhyNa:

Results varies with courses. Some don't get to know their results till June. Well, I haven't seen a Nigerian who got the scholarship. My search brought me here. I also got an info that in the course I was preselected for a scholarship, I am the only student from Africa.

All the best bro!
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Results varies with courses. Some don't get to know their results till June. Well, I haven't seen a Nigerian who got the scholarship. My search brought me here. I also got an info that in the course I was preselected for a scholarship, I am the only student from Africa.

All the best bro!

June is not possible. The latest is April as time has to be given for the awardees to receive their scholarship certificate amongst other things, time to apply for visa and then flight bookings. I don't doubt the info you got, it's possible. Some courses even state on their website that 2 people from a country cannot be awarded the scholarship
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by Seunbunmi(m): 11:26am On Mar 31, 2015
transbut5:

I graduated with a cgpa of 3.29. Do I stand a chance in any of the scholarship?

Hello bro! About 2 years ago, when I decided I was going to do my master's outside Nigeria, with a scholarship in mind. I asked a friend at MIT, a similar question and this was his response:

" Hello Seun.
In a nutshell, your CGPA isnt quite good, and
may limit your chances, but should not stop you
from applying.
1. You should do your best to present an
application that is super-stellar in every other
area (-which of the fields of Pol Sci offered by
MIT do you want to study, and have you had any
accomplishments in this field? Published work?
Prestigious internship(s)? Do you have anyone
that can seriously attest to your ability to
succeed in a place like MIT?
2. I spent a few minutes on the MIT pol sci page,
and it appears they dont get many students from
Africa, and are most focused on US policies and
that of a few other developed nations, judging
from the job placements of previous graduates.
While this appears to be a cause for concern, it
should push you to put together an excellent
application. Who knows, the dept may just be
looking to expand its impact in other continents.
3. Dont apply to top schools only. I can
understand the desire to want to have an
Harvard or MIT degree, but just in case this
doesnt happen, you should have other options
you are comfortable with. I expect there are
good programs at other schools too. Some may
even have focus of training those from
developing nations, and may provide special
funding for them [MIT pol sci dept appears not to
directly fund students]. Do your research.
4. PhD candidates in engineering/science
programs usually get fully funded. If the same
applies in pol sci, you may want to apply to
straight-phd programs that you are comfortable
with. But then, the standards are much higher
than for candidates applying for a masters
degree first. So, you should mix this [apply for
masters in some schools (maybe the top ones)
and PhD in some].
5. Proactively explore all external funding
opportunities that you may have. You dont want
to get admitted and end up not going simply
because you didnt plan adequately for funds.
Realistically assess your parents' finances, your
state govt's scholarship oppotunities, etc
6. Pray"

I believe that you can get your answer from the response and others can learn something too.

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by Seunbunmi(m): 11:42am On Mar 31, 2015
WhyNa:

June is not possible. The latest is April as time has to be given for the awardees to receive their scholarship certificate amongst other things, time to apply for visa and then flight bookings. I don't doubt the info you got, it's possible. Some courses even state on their website that 2 people from a country cannot be awarded the scholarship

You are right bro! it varies.
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by transbut5(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Hello bro! About 2 years ago, when I decided I was going to do my master's outside Nigeria, with a scholarship in mind. I asked a friend at MIT, a similar question and this was his response:

" Hello Seun.
In a nutshell, your CGPA isnt quite good, and
may limit your chances, but should not stop you
from applying.
1. You should do your best to present an
application that is super-stellar in every other
area (-which of the fields of Pol Sci offered by
MIT do you want to study, and have you had any
accomplishments in this field? Published work?
Prestigious internship(s)? Do you have anyone
that can seriously attest to your ability to
succeed in a place like MIT?
2. I spent a few minutes on the MIT pol sci page,
and it appears they dont get many students from
Africa, and are most focused on US policies and
that of a few other developed nations, judging
from the job placements of previous graduates.
While this appears to be a cause for concern, it
should push you to put together an excellent
application. Who knows, the dept may just be
looking to expand its impact in other continents.
3. Dont apply to top schools only. I can
understand the desire to want to have an
Harvard or MIT degree, but just in case this
doesnt happen, you should have other options
you are comfortable with. I expect there are
good programs at other schools too. Some may
even have focus of training those from
developing nations, and may provide special
funding for them [MIT pol sci dept appears not to
directly fund students]. Do your research.
4. PhD candidates in engineering/science
programs usually get fully funded. If the same
applies in pol sci, you may want to apply to
straight-phd programs that you are comfortable
with. But then, the standards are much higher
than for candidates applying for a masters
degree first. So, you should mix this [apply for
masters in some schools (maybe the top ones)
and PhD in some].
5. Proactively explore all external funding
opportunities that you may have. You dont want
to get admitted and end up not going simply
because you didnt plan adequately for funds.
Realistically assess your parents' finances, your
state govt's scholarship oppotunities, etc
6. Pray"

I believe that you can get your answer from the response and others can learn something too.
Thanks bro. That's quite encouraging. After considering my cgpa, I set my focus on low level universities abroad. I want to apply for an Msc program and want an advise as regards to my chances on this particular erasmus mundus. Thanks in anticipation for your candid advise.
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by izutex007(m): 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Applications usually starts from October - January. Deadline for applications varies depending on the course. This is the best time to start preparing for the next session, don't wait till application opens.

pls paste the requirements here so d@ I can strt prering against next yr....thnks
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 5:57pm On Mar 31, 2015
izutex007:

pls paste the requirements here so d@ I can strt prering against next yr....thnks

What you should be asking for is a link to the Erasmus mundus website and not for him to paste the requirement for you
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by izutex007(m): 12:31am On Apr 01, 2015
WhyNa:

What you should be asking for is a link to the Erasmus mundus website and not for him to paste the requirement for you

@Why na noted. @seun pls paste the link to the website
Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by WhyNa: 6:01am On Apr 01, 2015
izutex007:

@Why na noted. @seun pls paste the link to the website

http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/results_compendia/selected_projects_action_1_master_courses_en.php

You can go through the website and find courses you might be interested in. Note that come Sep-Oct, some courses MIGHT be removed and some added. Just go through sha and find put what the requirements are and start getting ready

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD by DMainMan: 8:29am On Apr 01, 2015
ERASMUS MUNDUS SCHOLARSHIP

2nd Round. 2015-2017 AGRIS MUNDUS - MSc in Sustainable Development in Agriculture

http://www.agrismundus.eu/What-s-going-on-at-Agris-mundus/2nd-CALL-FOR-CANDIDATES-2015-2017-NOW-OPEN.html

Check below for successful candidates of Round 1 application:

http://www.agrismundus.eu/admin/files/Announcement-results-2015-Round-1.pdf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BEDC Recruitment 2017 / I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.