Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women (3029 Views)

Woman Left Bloodied After Her Husband Battered Her. Graphic Pics / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / Woman Battered By Her Husband For Refusing Sex (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by drisatasarr: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
"It is her fault"
"She deserves it"
"She should not get her husband in trouble"
"She need to be a better wife"
These are some comments Nigerian women made concerning a battered woman. Who in their right mind says such things? Does it matter what she did or did not do? A man does not have any business beating his wife. ( A woman should not beat her husband too - it happens )
Nigerian women should speak out very strongly against any form of abuse in their communities at home and abroad.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by babygirlfl: 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
The truth is that the victim is always at fault in that part of the world. It's sad.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Godmother(f): 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
babygirlfl:
The truth is that the victim is always at fault in that part of the world. It's sad.

Very sad, my dear.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
The victim is at fault sometimes. Don't get it twisted. A man should not hit his wife just as a man should not hit another man, but these things happen. Why do they happen, because it's a part of human existence. It happens because of the principle of cause and effect.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by jumbotron: 6:33am On Jan 10, 2015
Timbuktou:
The victim is at fault sometimes. Don't get it twisted. A man should not hit his wife just as a man should not hit another man, but these things happen. Why do they happen, because it's a part of human existence. It happens because of the principle of cause and effect.

Cause and effect you say...ok!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
jumbotron:

Cause and effect you say...ok!
Got a problem with that?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Timbuktou:
smh
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by KanwuliaJara: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
Because it is the gospel TRUTH! kiss
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Because it is the gospel TRUTH! kiss
madam happy new year grin na shower things this year @ your pinshore grin

skin e ma smooth ke cheesy anyway

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by KanwuliaJara: 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
madam happy new year grin na shower things this year @ your pinshore grin

skin e ma smooth ke cheesy anyway

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
....because here in Nigeria, we women are the cause of all the problems in the world.

....and most importantly, we women are our worst enemies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 11, 2015
SAMBARRY:
smh
undecided

Your head may soon fall off from constant unnecessary shaking, be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Timbuktou:
Your head may soon fall off from constant unnecessary shaking, be careful.
IT IS YOUR OWN DHEEK THAT WILL BECOME IMPOTENT smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
SAMBARRY:
IT IS YOUR OWN DHEEK THAT WILL BECOME IMPOTENT smiley
Ain't gon happen. It's well maintained, and isn't used unnecessarily. That's highly unlikely.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 10:29am On Jan 13, 2015
Timbuktou:
Ain't gon happen. It's well maintained, and isn't used unnecessarily. That's highly unlikely.
and how am I supposed to know that. Pinshores of the proper grooming or it's dirty tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
and how am I supposed to know that. Pinshores of the proper grooming or it's dirty tongue
Tsk tsk. Isn't it too early to be tugging at my boxers?angry Anyway, come back in 10 minutes...to my chambers and find what you're looking for.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
Timbuktou:
Tsk tsk. Isn't it too early to be tugging at my boxers?angry Anyway, come back in 10 minutes...to my chambers and find what you're looking for.
no! Off The thing now or its dirty tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
no! Off The thing now or its dirty tongue
Nah, you wouldn't be able to keep its wonderness to yourself. Don't want any more stalkers than I already have.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
Timbuktou:
Nah, you wouldn't be able to keep its wonderness to yourself. Don't want any more stalkers than I already have.
then it's dirty. You don't want this place to boom tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by cKaiser: 2:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
Any woman enduring abuse or refuse to leave at the first sign of abuse has herself to blame
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
then it's dirty. You don't want this place to boom tongue
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
Timbuktou:
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
pinshore of your Pphenese or you don't have one angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
pinshore of your Pphenese or you don't have one angry
Really, Kul? You're this desperate? Who would have thought?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Ewuro4: 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
Coz most of the time ITS TRUE... And you know our people play victim for most part.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 8:40am On Jan 14, 2015
Timbuktou:
Really, Kul? You're this desperate? Who would have thought?
desperate of what? undecided

shiiioooorrr
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
desperate of what? undecided

shiiioooorrr
angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 8:48am On Jan 14, 2015
Timbuktou:
angry
mention it na abi shoro pesi je ni grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
mention it na abi shoro pesi je ni grin
We're both aware of what you've been begging for. Don't be coy, woman. angry Be a woman and go for what you want. tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 9:01am On Jan 14, 2015
Timbuktou:
We're both aware of what you've been begging for. Don't be coy, woman. angry Be a woman and go for what you want. tongue
ode! You don't understand English again. Shebi you are the one ranting how well maintained your tail is and I said display it for others to see how "clean" it is. Why fear con dey grip you grin

oya highlight where and when I have begged for your kro kro pheenesee.you better respect your self this Wednesday morning undecided
Shebi you know how to get cynical abi? Kuntinu na undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
ode! You don't understand English again. Shebi you are the one ranting how well maintained your tail is and I said display it for others to see how "clean" it is. Why fear con dey grip you grin

oya highlight where and when I have begged for your kro kro pheenesee.you better respect your self this Wednesday morning undecided
Shebi you know how to get cynical abi? Kuntinu na undecided
Ode ke? I'm well aware that you're interested in my privates. Are you angry that I haven't showed it as cheaply as you present? Have some class, woman. Shrewishness will take you nowhere with me.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by SAMBARRY: 9:46am On Jan 14, 2015
Timbuktou:
Ode ke? I'm well aware that you're interested in my privates. Are you angry that I haven't showed it as cheaply as you present? Have some class, woman. Shrewishness will take you nowhere with me.
and what is so special about your tail? The person that is advising to show some class him self is he classy and self respecting. When the preacher doesn't practice what he preaches what then is the noise all about. Abeg park well joor and go and work on your self in and out before you have the moral justification to be talking about class but till then park well tongue

class ko office ni ;Dwannabe oshi grin

mr shrew grin
You better take that from your mate

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Blame Battered Women by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
and what is so special about your tail? The person that is advising to show some class him self is he classy and self respecting. When the preacher doesn't practice what he preaches what then is the noise all about. Abeg park well joor and go and work on your self in and out before you have the moral justification to be talking about class but till then park well tongue

class ko office ni ;Dwannabe oshi grin

mr shrew grin
You better take that from your mate
You're an entertaining troll, mainly because of your amusing ability to say much without any substance, you know, the fox chasing it's own tail. What, pray tell, do you think I wannabe that I already ain't?

I challenge you to articulate your thoughts(?), if any such thing exists, in a manner suggestive of someone with a functional brain. I have enormous faith in you as a human. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Of The Funniest Reasons Kids Cry ….LOL! (photos) / I Cheated And I'm Guilty / Man, 35, Commits Suicide Over Wife's Infidelity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.