Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US (32449 Views)

A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People / Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 11:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
ferdimako:

Talents that are not recognized in Nigeria? Not enough jobs and government is not held accountable. Officials and politicians win and rewin on no records! So if you open your country visa-free, and you have a good economy, Nigerians will flood your country.

So you think it is a good thing that Nigerians find it so hard to travel visa-free? I had a Nigerian friend in university in England who wanted to visit me in the Bahamas over summer. It turned out that, since there is no Bahamas embassy in Nigeria, he would need a visa to be issued by the British High Commission in Lagos!!!!! When he applied, they flatly turned him down. How can a British official refuse to grant a Nigerian a visa to visit the Bahamas. The whole thing is CRAZY and not good. The world is globalising. How can you expect to continue with nonsense like visas? Time to drop visas altogether, except for the most dangerous countries like Afghanistan. I am surprised the Nigerian people do not demand that their government negotiate visa free access with important countries.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by lillaowow(m): 12:50am On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

So you think it is a good thing that Nigerians find it so hard to travel visa-free? I had a Nigerian friend in university in England who wanted to visit me in the Bahamas over summer. It turned out that, since there is no Bahamas embassy in Nigeria, he would need a visa to be issued by the British High Commission in Lagos!!!!! When he applied, they flatly turned him down. How can a British official refuse to grant a Nigerian a visa to visit the Bahamas. The whole thing is CRAZY and not good. The world is globalising. How can you expect to continue with nonsense like visas? Time to drop visas altogether, except for the most dangerous countries like Afghanistan. I am surprised the Nigerian people do not demand that their government negotiate visa free access with important countries.

i understand your point saying mass migration of the skilled citizen causes a kind of "brain drain" of the country in context and will not favor the Economic development of the country but you have to understand Nigerian situation. The Govt don't care. thousands of skilled workers and several thousands of workers migrating monthly and govt isn't bothered.

I recently left too. it's a depressing situation.
i don't pray i die young but even if only have 24years to live on earth, i don't wanna spend 23years in darkness or "surviving" on generating set
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 12:58am On Jan 13, 2015
lillaowow:

i understand your point saying mass migration of the skilled citizen causes a kind of "brain drain" of the country in context and will not favor the Economic development of the country but you have to understand Nigerian situation. The Govt don't care. thousands of skilled workers and several thousands of workers migrating monthly and govt isn't bothered.

I recently left too. it's a depressing situation.
i don't pray i die young but even if only have 24years to live on earth, i don't wanna spend 23years in darkness or "surviving" on generating set

I have never been to Nigeria, but I am sure it is not as bad as some make it out to seem. It seems that westerners always paint Africa in a negative light. Nigeria is one of the world's number one producers of high quality oil and its economy has been growing at 5% plus annually. It seems to me like a country with REAL prospects. I would personally love to visit there one day, since I consider it a great hope of Africa.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

I met many Nigerian friends when I studied in the UK. I never had the impression that Nigerians needed visas to enter even the UK. Is it not a commonwealth country? How on earth can citizens of a commonwealth country need visas to enter the UK, the home of the head of the commonwealth? I think that the Nigerian government can do more to convince other countries not to place visa restrictions on Nigerian passport holders.
You know absolutely nothing about Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 3:28am On Jan 13, 2015
saxywale:

You know absolutely nothing about Nigeria.

I admitted that from the start. But I am not sure how my post is off-base or incorrect.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

I admitted that from the start. But I am not sure how my post is off-base or incorrect.
Have you seen Nigeria's GDP per capita?
Try and compare it to that of other commonwealth countries like Australia and bahamas. Also throw in corruption, drug dealing, scam, abuse of migration document, insecurity, terrorism, dishonesty, power cut, bad roads, bad healthcare, oil bunkering/smuggling, government enriching criminals, praising mediocrity e.t.c then you would realize why visa restrictions have been put in place and why every Nigerian applying for tourist visa to the west gets treated like a criminal at various embassies/high commissions. Even other west African countries that we do not require a visa to visit treat us with suspicion(I know of Ghana and Gambia).

And no. Westerners are not painting Nigeria in a negative light. It's real.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:
in your usual myopic self it will be difficult for you to understand. You are all complaining that nigerians at home are envying you and the guy says he has no reason to envy you cos he makes more money than most nigerians abroad and u quickly conclude that he is Bragging. You are already hating on him same way u accussed your poor friends in Nigeria of hating you cos you are in America. The bubble is burst . Many of us back home now make more money than most of our friends abroad and that trend will continue so more nigerians will stay at home and we don't care whether you are in America or not. That is what will boost our economy and our passport not guys like you that make visa look like ultimate thing when others just travel with the passport around the world without visa
And who cares if he is making 100million naira per year. What is the use of money if security, peace of mind, excellent standard of living, good health e.t.c cannot be guaranteed.

Read up when you are less busy....you should be thankful for Nigerians abroad especially your friends cos they are boosting the economy.

" Undeterred by the security challenges the country is
presently wading through, Nigerians in the Diaspora
continued to remit billions of dollars into their
motherland on yearly basis.
Next to petrodollars, the second biggest source of
foreign exchange earnings for Nigeria is remittance
from Nigerians from abroad.
Between 2011 to June 2014, Nigerians in the
Diaspora had remitted about $63.17 billion (N10.35
trillion) into the country.

Noting that Nigerians in the Diaspora contribute
more to the nation’s economy than 34 of the
country’s 36 states".

http://www.tribune.com.ng/business/tribune-business/item/15469-remittances-from-diaspora-nigerians-as-lubricant-for-the-economy/15469-remittances-from-diaspora-nigerians-as-lubricant-for-the-economy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by SisterCaro(m): 6:15am On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

Aunty you do not seem to understand something, Bahamas is a holiday destination for many, hence a lot of countries enter visa free and as a result of this people from Bahamas can enter many countries without visas or visas upon arrival.

Nigeria is not a holiday destination for many which is why it has many restrictions and the fact that many Nigerians have created a bad name for the country because of the numerous illegal activities they engage in, other countries have made it much harder for Nigerians to live in their countries.

If the government cannot enough promise Nigerians sufficient electricity and water supply even though its far from being a poor country, what makes you think they can take on a task like Negotiating visa free access?

Other countries should have an interest in Nigeria in order to make traveling between Nigeria and those countries easier. Sometimes you have to sit down use common sense and understand why its not as easy as you put it.

What applies in Bahamas will not apply in Nigeria because what Bahamas has to offer to the world is not the same as what Nigeria has to offer to the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 7:16am On Jan 13, 2015
@saxywale and all contributors, I promise to have a healthy discourse with you guys once it's devoid of insults. I left the discussion cos the ist and subsequent reply I got from the so called modetator@ justwise was insult and that was childish. Ist I was shocked....nigerians abroad on this thread are actually trying to convince a foreigner that Nigeria is so bad and irredeemably so. this guy from Bahamas is even trying to tell us it cant be so bad that we will loose hope but you guys kept talking about corruption, leaders and I was ashamed of myself. Why do nigerians behave like this? Why do nigerians complain when they are maltreated by foreigners abroad when they themselves actually go out of their way to convince the foreigners that they are very corrupt people. The leaders are taken from the people so if the leaders are corrupt, it is because you are very corrupt. But the guy said something that is very important....
Corruption is a cause of underdevelopment not the cause of it. Why do the same nigerians behave well abroad at least relatively? Cos of development!! You can evade tax back home cos there is no technology to enforce payment, to cross check your actual income, to even identify you. That is what is affecting every facet of Nigerian life. Underdevelopment. We blame our leaders for everything but how many of our leaders are in FOREIGN PRISONS ?....is it not the ordinary nigerians that travelled out of the country that destroyed our travel image that made other countries shut their doors against us? 419 is actually committed by ordinary nigerians not our leaders. The people that gave us bad image about our travel profile are nigerians in diaspora....the same people that are now solely blaming the govt. You said the remittances was more than 34states GDP( not 34 combined but 34 individual states)...meaning remittances from all nigerians abroad is just more than GDP of a single state so all the remittances were not up to any two states combined meaning it is still less than 2percent of the GDP. Why is lagos GDP more? Because lagos creates avenue for self employment and collect revenue from thriving business.? Yesterday, I was proud of myself that I contributed my own quota to the nation economy....i went to file my tax returns for 2014 yesterday and I discovered that as a young man in my early thirties, my business contributed more than 1.5million naira to lagos state and more than 250k to federal inland despite the fact that the law had no way of knowing how much I actually made last year from lack of technology meaning I didn't pay all naturally and every human being was guilty of that. when I travelled through Europe, my wallet was stolen in Paris, our luggages left in the bus were tampered with in Rome and some guys took advantage of us as tourist in Prague. They are oyinbos that did it.....so everybody can be corrupt but the system can ultimately make it next to impossible to enrich yourself with our common wealth using technology. yes...electricity is not that bad. we use generators but we can afford it for now till it improves we won't stop making govt accountable. I don't lack electricity for 24hrs in a day though I augment with a noiseless generator that can power anything and I am grateful that I can afford it like many around me. Justwise made 17milluon look like a big deal.....for an enterprising Nigeria, it is not a big deal and I don't need to say more than that. An uneducated ibo will make it in lagos in 3months. Nigeria is conducive for business....we only need hardworking nigerians to explore our potentials not those that will run away and be discouraging the ones making it at home. tnks

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:
@saxywale and all contributors, I promise to have a healthy discourse with you guys once it's devoid of insults. I left the discussion cos the ist and subsequent reply I got from the so called modetator@ justwise was insult and that was childish. Ist I was shocked....nigerians abroad on this thread are actually trying to convince a foreigner that Nigeria is so bad and irredeemably so. this guy from Bahamas is even trying to tell us it cant be so bad that we will loose hope but you guys kept talking about corruption, leaders and I was ashamed of myself. Why do nigerians behave like this? Why do nigerians complain when they are maltreated by foreigners abroad when they themselves actually go out of their way to convince the foreigners that they are very corrupt people. The leaders are taken from the people so if the leaders are corrupt, it is because you are very corrupt. But the guy said something that is very important....
Corruption is a cause of underdevelopment not the cause of it. Why do the same nigerians behave well abroad at least relatively? Cos of development!! You can evade tax back home cos there is no technology to enforce payment, to cross check your actual income, to even identify you. That is what is affecting every facet of Nigerian life. Underdevelopment. We blame our leaders for everything but how many of our leaders are in FOREIGN PRISONS ?....is it not the ordinary nigerians that travelled out of the country that destroyed our travel image that made other countries shut their doors against us? 419 is actually committed by ordinary nigerians not our leaders. The people that gave us bad image about our travel profile are nigerians in diaspora....the same people that are now solely blaming the govt. You said the remittances was more than 34states GDP( not 34 combined but 34 individual states)...meaning remittances from all nigerians abroad is just more than GDP of a single state so all the remittances were not up to any two states combined meaning it is still less than 2percent of the GDP. Why is lagos GDP more? Because lagos creates avenue for self employment and collect revenue from thriving business.? Yesterday, I was proud of myself that I contributed my own quota to the nation economy....i went to file my tax returns for 2014 yesterday and I discovered that as a young man in my early thirties, my business contributed more than 1.5million naira to lagos state and more than 250k to federal inland despite the fact that the law had no way of knowing how much I actually made last year from lack of technology meaning I didn't pay all naturally and every human being was guilty of that. when I travelled through Europe, my wallet was stolen in Paris, our luggages left in the bus were tampered with in Rome and some guys took advantage of us as tourist in Prague. They are oyinbos that did it.....so everybody can be corrupt but the system can ultimately make it next to impossible to enrich yourself with our common wealth using technology. yes...electricity is not that bad. we use generators but we can afford it for now till it improves we won't stop making govt accountable. I don't lack electricity for 24hrs in a day though I augment with a noiseless generator that can power anything and I am grateful that I can afford it like many around me. Justwise made 17milluon look like a big deal.....for an enterprising Nigeria, it is not a big deal and I don't need to say more than that. An uneducated ibo will make it in lagos in 3months. Nigeria is conducive for business....we only need hardworking nigerians to explore our potentials not those that will run away and be discouraging the ones making it at home. tnks
Few people make money and turn their backs on others. We said it as it is. Or why do many people run? If you spend your 30 yrs not doing a thing...will you pretend when you see a foreigner?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 13, 2015
SisterCaro:

Aunty you do not seem to understand something, Bahamas is a holiday destination for many, hence a lot of countries enter visa free and as a result of this people from Bahamas can enter many countries without visas or visas upon arrival.

Nigeria is not a holiday destination for many which is why it has many restrictions and the fact that many Nigerians have created a bad name for the country because of the numerous illegal activities they engage in, other countries have made it much harder for Nigerians to live in their countries.

If the government cannot enough promise Nigerians sufficient electricity and water supply even though its far from being a poor country, what makes you think they can take on a task like Negotiating visa free access?

Other countries should have an interest in Nigeria in order to make traveling between Nigeria and those countries easier. Sometimes you have to sit down use common sense and understand why its not as easy as you put it.

What applies in Bahamas will not apply in Nigeria because what Bahamas has to offer to the world is not the same as what Nigeria has to offer to the world.

Well said.. Good morning cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2015
ferdimako:

Few people make money and turn their backs on others. We said it as it is. Or why do many people run? If you spend your 30 yrs not doing a thing...will you pretend when you see a foreigner?

The guy just dey yarn and yarn,na who wear shoe no where the shoe they pain am, so many young Nigerian graduates with good degrees roaming the street daily to see if they can find a job, many have been home for 5, 6 or even 7years without any reasonable offer, so if the person see where to bail out , so he go dey form yeye patriotism for naija when most of our politicians, religious leaders well to do individuals etc have relocated there families and loved ones abroad, abeg make dem leave matta for matthias.....if u have the opportunity to bail out, u better do it fast,Nigeria is a fvcked up country....a country where people are hungry and the president and his cronies raised 21billion naira for an election they will rig and select themselves into position... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 13, 2015
Nigerians are her worst enemy. How could we allow these type of inferiority complex and selfhate to eat through our skin and expect respect from other nations.

I give up on you Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 10:19am On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:

1. James Ibori - fraud of nearly £50m http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2012/apr/17/nigeria-governor-james-ibori-sentenced

2.Diepreye Alamieyeseigha - laundering of £1.8m. dressing up as a woman and skipped bail in Britain http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/nov/23/hearafrica05.development

Tell me one job that an uneducated Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa man will do in Lagos to earn 17M (£65000 or $95,000) in 3 months.

@momoyama: Is Bahama free visa to Nigerians?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2015
euromilion:
Nigerians are her worst enemy. How could we allow these type of inferiority complex and selfhate to eat through our skin and expect respect from other nations.

my brother from the property section. Compliments
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 10:39am On Jan 13, 2015
euromilion:

What is inferiority complex about telling the truth?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 10:39am On Jan 13, 2015
justwise:

1. James Ibori - fraud of nearly £50m http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2012/apr/17/nigeria-governor-james-ibori-sentenced

2.Diepreye Alamieyeseigha - laundering of £1.8m. dressing up as a woman and skipped bail in Britain http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/nov/23/hearafrica05.development.

Tell me one job that an uneducated Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa man will do in Lagos to earn 17M (£65000 or $95,000) in 3 months.

how did ibori fraud affect our travel history? I went to buy gear box last year at ladipo for my Nissan xterra from an ibo guy. That guy came on bike and the shop was mashy. My gear box cost about 650k. That guy had more than 20 in his shop. In addition to several other brands like that...in my presence he made more than 2million selling gear and engine. the guy that sells my plumbing materials uses one yeye shop in ipaja always dressing shabbily but God is my witness, he never makes less than 200k anytime in my presence on more than 5occassions and I don't stay more than two hours at most each time. The guy told you about a property deal where he made 17million and you think it's a lie. Euromilion from property section knows it's very possible. You don't need more than a single deal in banana island for that. It may not be everyday but people are doing it. I don't need to tell you how much I make per day but as a young man that started my business from a 3 bedroom flat just over 4yrs ago, I make substantial money doing nothing but legal business in Nigeria. I can go on and on my dear

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 10:46am On Jan 13, 2015
@justwise. And it's obvious you don't understand what I said about foreign prisons. Thousands of Nigerians are in foreign prisons....most of them ordinary nigerians. you only mentioned two leaders...one is not even in prison. so is it our leaders that helped those Nigerians commit crime? Ordinary nigerians are the one giving us bad names abroad not our leaders
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 10:52am On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:
how did ibori fraud affect our travel history? I went to buy gear box last year at ladipo for my Nissan xterra from an ibo guy. That guy came on bike and the shop was mashy. My gear box cost about 650k. That guy had more than 20 in his shop. In addition to several other brands like that...in my presence he made more than 2million selling gear and engine. the guy that sells my plumbing materials uses one yeye shop in ipaja always dressing shabbily but God is my witness, he never makes less than 200k anytime in my presence on more than 5occassions and I don't stay more than two hours at most each time. The guy told you about a property deal where he made 17million and you think it's a lie. Euromilion from property section knows it's very possible. You don't need more than a single deal in banana island for that. It may not be everyday but people are doing it. I don't need to tell you how much I make per day but as a young man that started my business from a 3 bedroom flat just over 4yrs ago, I make substantial money doing nothing but legal business in Nigeria. I can go on and on my dear

You asked how many of our leaders are in FOREIGN PRISONS and i gave you two examples and you are asking me how it affects our travel history?

Nigeria is more than 150M in population and how many Nigerians has the money to start up such business and make such profit out of it within 3 moths?

All these your second-person examples are doggy, it takes a lot of years of hard work and investment for any body to make such money under 3 months legally.

I grew in up Aba, Port Harcourt road exactly, home to many many generator parts dealers and i can tell that it takes years and years of working and savings before you can start up, let a lone talk about making huge profits.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 10:54am On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:
@justwise. And it's obvious you don't understand what I said about foreign prisons. Thousands of Nigerians are in foreign prisons....most of them ordinary nigerians. you only mentioned two leaders...one is not even in prison. so is it our leaders that helped those Nigerians commit crime? Ordinary nigerians are the one giving us bad names abroad not our leaders

Ok sorry i went to night school, so define foreign prison for me?

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha escaped from the UK and was arrested in Nigeria and went to prison, he is still a wanted person in the UK
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 13, 2015
justwise:

You asked how many of our leaders are in FOREIGN PRISONS and i gave you two examples and you are asking me how it affects our travel history?

Nigeria is more than 150M in population and how many Nigerians has the money to start up such business and make such profit out of it within 3 moths?

All these your second-person examples are doggy, it takes a lot of years of hard work and investment for any body to make such money under 3 months legally.

I grew in up Aba, Port Harcourt road exactly, home to many many generator parts dealers and i can tell that it takes years and years of working and savings before you can start up, let a lone talk about making huge profits.
He didn't even put into consideration the the cost of the goods,cost of shop, transporting the goods to and fro, local govt. levy sanitation levy, etc. The huge money he see him collecting from sales most of it goes back into cost. I know spare parts dealers who say it isn't that easy as helpee makes it look.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 11:04am On Jan 13, 2015
justwise:

Ok sorry i went to night school, so define foreign prison for me?

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha escaped from the UK and was arrested in Nigeria and went to prison, he is still a wanted person in the UK
I don't need to repeat myself on prisons. Re-read the post. Meanwhile, now that you agree it takes hard work to excel and even make profit, why are u still solely blaming our leaders? Are u by any means insuniating that most nigerians that ran away are lazy and therefore want to make money overnight? Could that be the reason why many of them end up committing crime abroad thereby giving us bad name cos they want to make it fast even abroad and once they get there and discover there is no smooth way to success anywhere they end up committing crime. So, if hard work and years of dedication is what is needed to build our country then all hope is not lost cos many youths are now becoming aware that they don't pick dollars on the street in new York, be hardworking.....home or away, govt or no govt, you will make it
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 11:15am On Jan 13, 2015
crowns2:

He didn't even put into consideration the the cost of the goods,cost of shop, transporting the goods to and fro, local govt. levy sanitation levy, etc. The huge money he see him collecting from sales most of it goes back into cost. I know spare parts dealers who say it isn't that easy as helpee makes it look.
the same way most of the money you make abroad is gulped by high taxation and other expenses. No free meal anywhere.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 13, 2015
justwise:

2.Diepreye Alamieyeseigha - laundering of £1.8m. dressing up as a woman and skipped bail in Britain http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/nov/23/hearafrica05.development

In Nigeria the real money makers are the uneducated ones,at the top of my head I could tell you about more than 10 people that make more than that amount in 3months,however it may not be every 3 months,go and ask Gabriel Chukwuma or orange drug even dangote will tell you that.

I don't know if you know about how much our young importers are making simply by going to and fro china within 3months,my good friend oluchi is a prime example, same age as me but he now own 8 hotels in Lagos,even Dr helpee whom you debate with here,I can estimate his annual earnings,and I can assure you that he live and work in Nigeria, so in my opinion your man making 17 million shouldn't cause an argument, people make more than that, even though it may not be everyone.

@dr helpee,I tro way salute oo.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
crowns2:

Don't mind them, people are telling me about Nigeria as if i'm a foreigner

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
Nigerians are obsessed with money. Money is worshipped like a god.

Anyway, I would have stayed back in Nigeria if I was all about making money be it illegally.

Just like most westerners, I value decent living and excellent quality of life over millions.

Please note the decent living and qualify of life. You can't get that with all your millions in naira in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 1:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:
I don't need to repeat myself on prisons. Re-read the post. Meanwhile, now that you agree it takes hard work to excel and even make profit, why are u still solely blaming our leaders? Are u by any means insuniating that most nigerians that ran away are lazy and therefore want to make money overnight? Could that be the reason why many of them end up committing crime abroad thereby giving us bad name cos they want to make it fast even abroad and once they get there and discover there is no smooth way to success anywhere they end up committing crime. So, if hard work and years of dedication is what is needed to build our country then all hope is not lost cos many youths are now becoming aware that they don't pick dollars on the street in new York, be hardworking.....home or away, govt or no govt, you will make it

Its harder to make an honest living abroad than in Nigeria because the chances of you living on stolen money and brag about it is remote but in Nigeria stealing is a full time job with a recognized position.

May only few of you know those opportunities available to ordinary Nigerian because people in the attached picture will disagree with you

This is a picture of job applicants in one state, the govt sold the form to them but many died trying to get the immigration job, this is the same Nigeria?

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by SisterCaro(m): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2015
helpee: don't lack electricity for 24hrs in a day though I augment with a noiseless generator that can power anything and I am grateful that I can afford it like many around me.
out of 150million plus people how many is many exactly?

Justwise made 17milluon look like a big deal.....for an enterprising Nigeria, it is not a big deal and I don't need to say more than that. An uneducated ibo will make it in lagos in 3months. Nigeria is conducive for business....

Are we talking about businesses that actually grow or small businesses that remain in the same position for a billion years.

we only need hardworking nigerians to explore our potentials not those that will run away and be discouraging the ones making it at home. tnks
you can have as many hardworking Nigerians the size of the Chinese population if you like but if the government does not support these hardworking people, there will not be much growth or development, a government is placed where it is for a reason, if it fails to function properly, the economy will go downhill anyway

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
euromilion:

In Nigeria the real money makers are the uneducated ones,at the top of my head I could tell you about more than 10 people that make more than that amount in 3months,however it may not be every 3 months,go and ask Gabriel Chukwuma or orange drug even dangote will tell you that.

I don't know if you know about how much our young importers are making simply by going to and fro china within 3months,my good friend oluchi is a prime example, same age as me but he now own 8 hotels in Lagos,even Dr helpee whom you debate with here,I can estimate his annual earnings,and I can assure you that he live and work in Nigeria, so in my opinion your man making 17 million shouldn't cause an argument, people make more than that, even though it may not be everyone.

@dr helpee,I tro way salute oo.

Bro i can tell you about many Uches, Wales and Ibrahims who graduated years ago without job, who died of common malaria because of poor healthcare, who were killed by Boko Haram, shoot dead by police officer for refusing to give bribe, who could not graduate after many years in the university because of strikes...the list goes on and on. Don't hand pick very few unverified successful stories because it does not reflect the life of average Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
saxywale:

Anyway, I would have stayed back in Nigeria if I was all about making money be it illegally.

Just like most westerners, I value decent living and excellent quality of life over millions.

Please note the decent living and qualify of life. You can't get that with all your millions in naira in Nigeria.

Ok. Now that we have all made our points....i can now rest my case by saying this..what is d purpose of the thread? To make it seems like nigerians at home are so poor that once you land in America, we all start envying you. Now we are saying only very few myopic people does that cos many are making it at home. But you insist that only few that we mingle with are making it and millions are jobless. In fact, justwise kept saying he can't verify something. The purpose of a faceless forum is not to verify anything. How do I verify justwise is in UK? For all I care, he may be holed in sambisa forest typing this. So, never generalise. This thread is offensive. To you success means good living, to others fame, to others money so it's all by choice. When the guy came to say he had no reason to envy you, why did justwise took offence and immediately said he can't verify it. Why should you verify it? Did I attempt to verify the truth in your claim that you are in UK. If you are in UK and your friends back home start hating you, you must have been making bad friends before you left nigeria and thread like this will continue to make it difficult for nigerians to travel freely cos travelling is being projected like a career in Nigeria. So, enjoy your life in America. But get over it....nobody cares anymore back home cos we know boys are not smiling over there in UK especially. Justwise said the few success stories does not represent the life of an average nigerian.....it can't be truer for most nigerians in diaspora. few of them actually enjoy your so called decent life in diaspora....so few nigerians are actually living a life that is worth my definition of decent living in uk

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
saxywale:

So so true..........with all your millions and billions in Nigeria, u still live like a prisoner trapped in a cage, the insecurity alone is enough to make you hate that country, election is around now, see the billions of naira flowing across the country courtesy of our thieving politicians, the money they refused to fix the country and make it comfortable for the poor man on the street is been used for a useless selection process, Nigeria don't have a steady power supply and yet see the millions donated by PHCN to Jonathan during there stewpid fund raising campaign.......Nigeria should be sold and the proceeds distributed to it's citizens.................. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by SisterCaro(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2015
crowns2:

Well said.. Good morning cheesy
Hello its already evening for me, but good afternoon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Start And Rise Of DHL( Dalsey, Hillblom, Lynn): Then And Now / Groom's Parents, Siblings, Others Die In Fatal Accident After Wedding In Bayelsa / Husband, Wife Survive After A Tipper Lorry Rams Into Their Vehicle (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.