Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US (32615 Views)

A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People / Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:
Ok. Now that we have all made our points....i can now rest my case by saying this..what is d purpose of the thread? To make it seems like nigerians at home are so poor that once you land in America, we all start envying you. Now we are saying only very few myopic people does that cos many are making it at home. But you insist that only few that we mingle with are making it and millions are jobless. In fact, justwise kept saying he can't verify something. The purpose of a faceless forum is not to verify anything. How do I verify justwise is in UK? For all I care, he may be holed in sambisa forest typing this. So, never generalise. This thread is offensive. To you success means good living, to others fame, to others money so it's all by choice. When the guy came to say he had no reason to envy you, why did justwise took offence and immediately said he can't verify it. Why should you verify it? Did I attempt to verify the truth in your claim that you are in UK. If you are in UK and your friends back home start hating you, you must have been making bad friends before you left nigeria and thread like this will continue to make it difficult for nigerians to travel freely cos travelling is being projected like a career in Nigeria. So, enjoy your life in America. But get over it....nobody cares anymore back home cos we know boys are not smiling over there in UK especially. Justwise said the few success stories does not represent the life of an average nigerian.....it can't be truer for most nigerians in diaspora. few of them actually enjoy your so called decent life in diaspora....so few nigerians are actually living a life that is worth my definition of decent living in uk

Here you go again, the same hot air, who cares if a few Nigerians are living better than those in the UK, who give a toilet brush if they are making millions an hour, saying things like that is so so childish.

If you found this thread offence then move on to other threads around nairaland, you got no right to decide what thread is offence or not. People have the right to air their opinions about issues, you don't have to agree with them, that is why there is a word called choice

I don't boast about living in the UK because its not a big deal, many were here before i came and the trend will continue.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:
Ok. Now that we have all made our points....i can now rest my case by saying this..what is d purpose of the thread? To make it seems like nigerians at home are so poor that once you land in America, we all start envying you. Now we are saying only very few myopic people does that cos many are making it at home. But you insist that only few that we mingle with are making it and millions are jobless. In fact, justwise kept saying he can't verify something. The purpose of a faceless forum is not to verify anything. How do I verify justwise is in UK? For all I care, he may be holed in sambisa forest typing this. So, never generalise. This thread is offensive. To you success means good living, to others fame, to others money so it's all by choice. When the guy came to say he had no reason to envy you, why did justwise took offence and immediately said he can't verify it. Why should you verify it? Did I attempt to verify the truth in your claim that you are in UK. If you are in UK and your friends back home start hating you, you must have been making bad friends before you left nigeria and thread like this will continue to make it difficult for nigerians to travel freely cos travelling is being projected like a career in Nigeria. So, enjoy your life in America. But get over it....nobody cares anymore back home cos we know boys are not smiling over there in UK especially. Justwise said the few success stories does not represent the life of an average nigerian.....it can't be truer for most nigerians in diaspora. few of them actually enjoy your so called decent life in diaspora....so few nigerians are actually living a life that is worth my definition of decent living in uk
I never argued about envy or what not. That is very childish. I only entered the argument when someone started talking about commonwealth of nations/ease of migration and when you and the other guy started using "making money" as one of the reason why Nigeria is better than Advanced countries. Very funny.
Even dogs and cats in advanced economies have access to facilities most upper class Nigerians can only dream of.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
walex57:
I have been on some social media forums where there are a lot of Nigerians and the moment you tell them you stay abroad especially in the US, they suddenly attack you and call you a liar. Some will even request your number so that they can confirm, some will blatantly curse you out. Also when you try to contact some old friends and keep in touch, they either say you are posing for them and if you don't keep in touch that much, they will say you have changed. Why are Nigerians that way?
It runs in the DNA of most Nigerians.. Envy!!!!!!
If you have lived more than 18 years in naija and you travel abroad, you as a person can observe family members or friends back home who are envious with the way they relate with you and behave.. Not as if these lots have ever contributed anything of substance to your achievement in life.
Just delete them outta your life, be it on social media or any channel of communication. Face your life squarely....
If dem no see person to put their frustration on, dem go move on with their live.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
helpee:
Well, the bolded may not apply to you, but a sizable number of Nigerians do this, Its so disgusting.. Its not as if abroad is a goldmine.. But most Nigerians think otherwise, then comes 'envy'. I know of loads of mates and family members back home doing very well... Nigerians need re-orientation.. America/Europe isn't a diamond cave.. Peeps still work and hustle here as well

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
This is a post yesterday from a Nigerian student abroad on a different forum.

" Hello,
I wish to know what my options are as I am an International
Student graduate (xxxx university) who has 3 months left on my Post Graduation Work
Permit.
I was told the post graduation work permit cannot be
extended as it is given to International Students by default.
I live in xxxx and my options are limited.
What can I do to get an actual work permit or an extended
stay in Canada?
Going back to Nigeria is not an option for me at all. I enjoy
safety and peace of mind/ absence of war, better quality of
life, opportunities for growth (job and stability), good health
care system for myself and future family, access to
education, freedom of worship and multiculturalism
encouraged here in Canada.
I do not want to leave Canada.
My parents put in their life savings to keep my brother and I
in Canada.
I believe I have a lot of knowledge, skills and experience in
Accounting, Management and Customer Service which will
contribute to the growth of the Canadian economy.
stay in Canada? I have 3 months left on my Post
Graduation Work Permit.
Any help/ advise/ suggestions providing me with options
will be greatly appreciated
Thank you"

This person has realized that you can't compare millions of naira to excellent quality of life!

The person above is an upper class Nigerian as schooling in Canada or UK or America cost millions of naira.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 2:47pm On Jan 13, 2015
justwise:

1. James Ibori - fraud of nearly £50m http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2012/apr/17/nigeria-governor-james-ibori-sentenced

2.Diepreye Alamieyeseigha - laundering of £1.8m. dressing up as a woman and skipped bail in Britain http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/nov/23/hearafrica05.development

Tell me one job that an uneducated Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa man will do in Lagos to earn 17M (£65000 or $95,000) in 3 months.

@momoyama: Is Bahama free visa to Nigerians?

No Bahamas is not visa free to Nigerians. You cannot compare the Bahamas (a small country with a huge number of immigrants) to Britain. Britain should be visa free to all commonwealth countries, naturally.

By the way, what do you mean that Nigeria only has 7 hours electricity daily? It is an oil producing country! I simply cannot believe that. There is so much anti-African propaganda in the west that it is hard to know what to believe. Another problem is that people who leave are not aware of improvements that have taken place in their absence. I am certain that Lagos today does not have the electricity problems that it may have years ago.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
shinejackie:

So so true..........with all your millions and billions in Nigeria, u still live like a prisoner trapped in a cage, the insecurity alone is enough to make you hate that country, election is around now, see the billions of naira flowing across the country courtesy of our thieving politicians, the money they refused to fix the country and make it comfortable for the poor man on the street is been used for a useless selection process, Nigeria don't have a steady power supply and yet see the millions donated by PHCN to Jonathan during there stewpid fund raising campaign.......Nigeria should be sold and the proceeds distributed to it's citizens.................. cool
Election is here and bombs are already being detonated in most region of the countries like bangers grin
It is well with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

No Bahamas is not visa free to Nigerians. You cannot compare the Bahamas (a small country with a huge number of immigrants) to Britain. Britain should be visa free to all commonwealth countries, naturally.

By the way, what do you mean that Nigeria only has 7 hours electricity daily? It is an oil producing country! I simply cannot believe that. There is so much anti-African propaganda in the west that it is hard to know what to believe. Another problem is that people who leave are not aware of improvements that have taken place in their absence. I am certain that Lagos today does not have the electricity problems that it may have years ago.

Wrong, some parts of lagos have not seen electricity for 3months, it is been rationed, some areas have it 6hours, 7hours etc..........some have not seen it for up to 6months and yet the organisation that should provide power to Nigerians is busy supporting the same government with millions of fund for re-election......... undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
saxywale:

Election is here and bombs are already being detonated in most region of the countries like bangers grin
It is well with Nigeria.

True, it is now a daily occurrence, bomb is no longer a new thing in Nigeria, Nigeria is alomst on the same scale with Pakistan and Afghanistan when it comes to bomb exploding daily..........stewpid leaders who have turn the country to a piss of shit......... undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

But Britain is a small island too with over 60million people already with enormous pressure on their infrastructures. So you want them to open their doors so than citizens of underdeveloped economies can flood their small island.
In fact, personal space no longer exist in Britain.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

Bahama put visa restriction on Nigeria and some other countries for a reason while they allowed other countries visa free. It got little to do with your population.

Yes some part of Nigeria will be lucky to enjoy 7hrs of electricity a day, visit Nigeria and see for yourself, almost every household has a generator bought and maintained by themselves.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
shinejackie:

Wrong, some parts of lagos have not seen electricity for 3months, it is been rationed, some areas have it 6hours, 7hours etc..........some have not seen it for up to 6months and yet the organisation that should provide power to Nigerians is busy supporting the same government with millions of fund for re-election......... undecided

WOW, that is amazing if true!!!!!!!!! But what about customer complaints?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

WOW, that is amazing if true!!!!!!!!! But what about customer complaints?

It is the truth,consumers complains but it is not really about the complains but the overall poor infrastructures that makes it hard for Nigerians to enjoy good power supply, billions have been pumped into that sector by virtually all governments in the federal level (from 1999 till date when democracy returned fully) but the monster called corruption will not allow the masses to enjoy electricity....although the power sector has been privatized now but it has not improved, so Nigerians rely mainly on generators to enjoy electricity........... cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
saxywale:

But Britain is a small island too with over 60million people already with enormous pressure on their infrastructures. So you want them to open their doors so than citizens of underdeveloped economies can flood their small island.
In fact, personal space no longer exist in Britain.

But I am not talking about work visas. What is wrong with visa free travel for TOURISTS? I am certain that most Nigerians who go to Britain go as tourists. Why make it hard for them? There is no problem restricting work visas. But there is an anti-African agenda that drives Britain and others to discriminate against travelers from almost all of sub-Saharan Africa.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by worry359(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

But I am not talking about work visas. What is wrong with visa free travel for TOURISTS? I am certain that most Nigerians who go to Britain go as tourists. [/b]Why make it hard for them? There is no problem restricting work visas. But there is an anti-African agenda that drives Britain and others to discriminate against travelers from almost all of sub-Saharan Africa.
[b]What UTTER rubbish! Most Nigerians visiting UK. are looking for a way to work and stay for some time.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
worry359:

What UTTER rubbish! Most Nigerians visiting UK. are looking for a way to work and stay for some time.
ri

Are you Nigerian? If so, why put down your countrymen like that? I know very many rich Nigerians who spend more money shopping in the UK than 100 brits put together.

Universities in Britain are full of wealthy Nigerian students and almost all the Nigerians I met in the UK were people who were DEFINITELY NOT looking for work. They were often extremely rich. Don't believe all the stereotypes about Africans only being migrants etc. I have seen with my own eyes, having studied in the UK with too many Nigerian friends to count.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by worry359(m): 7:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:
ri

Are you Nigerian? If so, why put down your countrymen like that? I know very many rich Nigerians who spend more money shopping in the UK than 100 brits put together.

Universities in Britain are full of wealthy Nigerian students and almost all the Nigerians I met in the UK were people who were DEFINITELY NOT looking for work. They were often extremely rich. Don't believe all the stereotypes about Africans only being migrants etc. I have seen with my own eyes, having studied in the UK with too many Nigerian friends to count.

Yes we ALL know of rich ogas stealing all the money from Nigeria!
Is that anything to be proud of, or boast about.
For you to support these thieves then YOU must be one of them.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
worry359:

Yes we ALL know of rich ogas stealing all the money from Nigeria!
Is that anything to be proud of, or boast about.
For you to support these thieves then YOU must be one of them.

Boasting?? what a silly thing to say. How can I be boasting about there being many rich Nigerians if I am not even a Nigerian myself. I am simply stating that the idea that most Nigerians want to migrate to work abroad is a fallacy. It is a prejudiced stereotype about black and sub Saharan African people. How does that make me a supporter of "theives"? Very irrational.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

But I am not talking about work visas. What is wrong with visa free travel for TOURISTS? I am certain that most Nigerians who go to Britain go as tourists. Why make it hard for them? There is no problem restricting work visas. But there is an anti-African agenda that drives Britain and others to discriminate against travelers from almost all of sub-Saharan Africa.

So how about South Africa, Morocco, Tunisia, Algerian and many other African countries that has visa restriction on Nigeria? Anti-African Nigeria agenda?

Bahama has anti-African agenda?

Nigeria lose her visa free status to the UK because Nigeria actively supported South Africa during apartheid, so why is South Africa not visa free to Nigerians?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

So how about South Africa, Morocco, Tunisia, Algerian and many other African countries that has visa restriction on Nigeria? Anti-African Nigeria agenda?

Bahama has anti-African agenda?

Nigeria lose her visa free status to the UK because Nigeria actively supported South Africa during apartheid, so why is South Africa not visa free to Nigerians?

I fail to see what the Bahamas has to do with this discussion. It just happens to be where I am from.

Of course the Bahamas has no anti-African agenda. We mostly descend from Africa. Nigerians require visas to enter the Bahamas, but Bahamians ALSO need visas to visit Nigeria and most of sub-Saharan Africa. In fact if you look at the countries that Bahamians need visas to enter, virtually most of the countries that do not give us visa free access are in sub-Saharan Africa.

In fact, South Africa is one of the only African countries that give us visa free access, while Europe, the USA, China, Japan, Canada and most other places are visa free. It is all part of what I am complaining about - the black against black mindset which has people on this site defending the UK's discriminatory visa requirement for Nigerians.

Nigerians should be free to visit the UK visa free as commonwealth citizens. A country of 200 million possible tourists only makes economic sense to extend the visa waiver to.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
momoyama:

I fail to see what the Bahamas has to do with this discussion. It just happens to be where I am from.

Of course the Bahamas has no anti-African agenda. We mostly descend from Africa. Nigerians require visas to enter the Bahamas, but Bahamians ALSO need visas to visit Nigeria and most of sub-Saharan Africa. In fact if you look at the countries that Bahamians need visas to enter, virtually most of the countries that do not give us visa free access are in sub-Saharan Africa.

In fact, South Africa is one of the only African countries that give us visa free access, while Europe, the USA, China, Japan, Canada and most other places are visa free. It is all part of what I am complaining about - the black against black mindset which has people on this site defending the UK's discriminatory visa requirement for Nigerians.

Nigerians should be free to visit the UK visa free as commonwealth citizens. A country of 200 million possible tourists only makes economic sense to extend the visa waiver to.

Why are you not complaining about other African countries who restricted Nigeria from visiting free and concentrated on the UK?

Why did South Africa gave your country free access and restrict Nigeria and other African countries?

Nigeria is not visa free to British citizens so why must the UK allow Nigerians visa free?

Commonwealth or not the UK has the right to any country visa free status as they wish.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
momoyama:

Majority will prefer to stay back and work there. So UK govt can't afford their own citizens being elbowed out.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
ferdimako:

Majority will prefer to stay back and work there. So UK govt can't afford their own citizens being elbowed out.

Out of curiosity, where can Nigerians travel visa free as tourists? Do they stay and work in those places?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
momoyama:

Out of curiosity, where can Nigerians travel visa free as tourists? Do they stay and work in those places?
If you have the money, and other ties like work any embassy will give you the tourist visa. Visa free countries are the countries in west Africa, just google them. Definitely none in the west.

Listen, if many people do not have jobs in Nigeria or they are underpaid or hate the system, if you give them the tourist visas, they are likely not to go back. Go back to what exactly?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
ferdimako:

If you have the money, and other ties like work any embassy will give you the tourist visa. Visa free countries are the countries in west Africa, just google them. Definitely none in the west.

Listen, if many people do not have jobs in Nigeria or they are underpaid or hate the system, if you give them the tourist visas, they are likely not to go back. Go back to what exactly?

Go back to a failed system, insecurity, boko haram harassment, kidnappers, Armed robbers, power failure, bad roads, hunger, unemployment , frustrations and to watch thieving politicians in the media donating billions to the corrupt governments both at federal, state & local levels without accountability etc....... cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
shinejackie:

Go back to a failed system, insecurity, boko haram harassment, kidnappers, Armed robbers, power failure, bad roads, hunger, unemployment , frustrations and to watch thieving politicians in the media donating billions to the corrupt governments both at federal, state & local levels without accountability etc....... cool

wow, you guys are painting a pretty dismal picture of Nigeria. Never been to West Africa yet, but if you guys were my travel agents you would probably just have put me off a visit. I have been to Cape Town and Durban, and I must say they were NOTHING like how you are describing Nigeria. I did not see one power cut and, although they have impoverished townships, the majority of the city centre is very first world.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
momoyama:

wow, you guys are painting a pretty dismal picture of Nigeria. Never been to West Africa yet, but if you guys were my travel agents you would probably just have put me off a visit. I have been to Cape Town and Durban, and I must say they were NOTHING like how you are describing Nigeria. I did not see one power cut and, although they have impoverished townships, the majority of the city centre is very first world.

Google will help you alot here to compare and contrast all that has been said here, nobody is happy to paint his or her country bad but what you have read here is nothing but the truth, few days ago you must have heard of the France killings by terrorist and the whole country especially the security forces where able to track and nip it in the bud, but here in Nigeria over 200 young girls where kidnapped for more than 6months now and yet the government has not been able to address the issue in a holistic manner, killings of innocent Nigerians occurs daily in different part of the country and the useless and clueless federal government are busy canvassing for votes for another election..............Nigeria is a failed state and l have no apology to make...........there is no big difference between Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria, all the indices that described a failed state according to UN is in Nigeria.................. cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by helpee(m): 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=saxywale post=29756490]This is a post yesterday from a Nigerian student abroad on a different forum.

" Hello,
I wish to know what my options are as I am an International
Student graduate (xxxx university) who has 3 months left on my Post Graduation Work
Permit.
I was told the post graduation work permit cannot be
extended as it is given to International Students by default.
I live in xxxx and my options are limited.
stay in Canada?
Going back to Nigeria is not an option for me at all. I enjoy
safety and peace of mind/ absence of war, better quality of
life, opportunities for growth (job and stability), good health
care system for myself and future family, access to
education, freedom of worship and multiculturalism
encouraged here in Canada.
I do not want to leave Canada.
My parents put in their life savings to keep my brother and I
in Canada.
I believe I have a lot of knowledge, skills and experience in
Accounting, Management and Customer Service which will
contribute to the growth of the Canadian economy.
stay in Canada? I have 3 months left on my Post
Graduation Work Permit.
Any help/ advise/ suggestions providing me with options
will be greatly appreciated
Thank you"

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
momoyama:

These are some of the happenings you see in Nigeria, the average man who happens to be on the street hustling for his daily bread gets killed and it ends there, no serious investigations and you tell me that such a person will get the opportunity to go to the west and he wont go

https://www.nairaland.com/2093239/robbery-first-bank-ondo-15#29795415.....
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
helpee:
like I said earlier, it is all about choice and has nothing to do with quality of life. May I chip it in here if justwise won't ask me to upload my certificate as evidence that I did my masters in public health at John Hopkins in America and I didn't feel safer in America. As a matter of fact, a classmate of mine of Uganda origin was shot dead in that same America over a minor tussle during the programme. You don't have to be rich to sponsor yourself through American education. My family contributed less than a million naira and I paid my school fees from my savings cos I was already working and not married before I travelled. I am yet to regret coming back home till date. @momoyama, Nigeria is a beautiful unexplored country. Of course the picture being painted here is only true of North East Nigeria where boko haram is rampaging and the situation in lagos is not nearly as gruesome as some are painting it here. Even if quality of life is less than what obtains in the west, so the next thing for us to do is to leave our country behind in search of quality of life. Americans worked hard to develop their country, I will also work hard to do same here in Nigeria.

I share your sentiments exactly. Stay at home and build up your own country. I would only leave my country as a tourist or an investor buying something in another country. NEVER would I consider the option of leaving my country to help build up someone else's. Great to see that pride and dignity are still alive and well in Nigeria. I wish you well.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
helpee:
like I said earlier, it is all about choice and has nothing to do with quality of life. May I chip it in here if justwise won't ask me to upload my certificate as evidence that I did my masters in public health at John Hopkins in America and I didn't feel safer in America. As a matter of fact, a classmate of mine of Uganda origin was shot dead in that same America over a minor tussle during the programme. You don't have to be rich to sponsor yourself through American education. My family contributed less than a million naira and I paid my school fees from my savings cos I was already working and not married before I travelled. I am yet to regret coming back home till date. @momoyama, Nigeria is a beautiful unexplored country. Of course the picture being painted here is only true of North East Nigeria where boko haram is rampaging and the situation in lagos is not nearly as gruesome as some are painting it here. Even if quality of life is less than what obtains in the west, so the next thing for us to do is to leave our country behind in search of quality of life. Americans worked hard to develop their country, I will also work hard to do same here in Nigeria.

Ask you to upload your certificate? Pointless, you can buy one online and still claim to have studied in US.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
momoyama:

wow, you guys are painting a pretty dismal picture of Nigeria. Never been to West Africa yet, but if you guys were my travel agents you would probably just have put me off a visit. i have been to Cape Town and Durban, and I must say they were NOTHING like how you are describing Nigeria. I did not see one power cut and, although they have impoverished townships, the majority of the city centre is very first world.

Yea that is because Cape Town is part of Nigeria? So you can use your visit to South AFrica to give example of situation in Nigeria?

You are sounding like Sarah Palin now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lagos BRT And LBSL Buses: Know The Difference / A Man Thanks God For 'Successful' Accident (Photo) / Atleast Nigeria Is Visa Free To One Strong European Country; Andorra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.