Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US (32550 Views)

A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People / Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by zeezahbee(f): 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
justwise:

Really? You know what? You need to ask for school fees refund, they cheated you
cheesy ; justy oo
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
zeezahbee:
cheesy ; justy oo

Wetin i do? grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
I've been able to read a lot of comments on here, I started this thread to see if we can reach a solution to this issue, but many comments on here..... let me just stop right there. I've come to see that the mentality of Nigerians living abroad and that of Nigerians living in Nigeria are totally different. I have been privileged to experience both worlds. First of all I tend to disagree with respect that Nigerians abroad have contributed to the country's downfall due to migration, Chinese are everywhere, more than triple the number of Africans abroad yet their country is number 1 in the world. I come from a family in which everyone is fully educated and has a degree, not just any degree but professional degrees...I decided to leave Nigeria because I looked into the future and even though I believe in Nigeria that she will get better one day, I knew that the future for me and my career choice will be bleak for some years. I left and within 2 years of staying here, I schooled and now work with one of the best companies in the world, and someone calls this "slavery"? I tend to "dis-concur" sir. I won't go into details of how much I earn per month not to cause an uproar but just due to my one job, my family back home are all doing better. I'm the last child by the way, to show you how bad the situation is. My friends who lived abroad and went back home are complaining. They cannot even get jobs back home because the hatred is too much. When they apply for jobs, even the interviewers get "angry" and say things like "don't think because you studied abroad, you will get the job" and yet when this same set of people remove their study abroad from their CV, they say they aren't qualified.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
Some people accused Nigerians staying abroad of painting a bad image of Nigeria to foreigners? I think the opposite is the case. I defend Nigeria almost on a daily basis here, if you check the foreign media as what they paint Nigeria as, you will be sad. They paint a poverty ravaged nation, plagued with diseases and terrorism. Are the Nigerians abroad the cause of this? Anytime I got to the hospital for regular check up, the first question is " have you left the US within the last month" well you know why they ask....ebola!....Are Nigerians abroad the cause of this also? Not all Nigerians or Africans are enjoying life abroad, but many are very comfortable here but the sudden hatred is what I still try to envisage.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
momoyama:

I hope for your sake you are a child. If you are an adult, you have an infant's mind.

If I were the Minister responsible for immigration of the Bahamas, then I may be a hypocrite in your scenario. But what does a private citizen have to do with whether the country requires visas??

I do not remember being there and taking the decision of where I was to be born, so how can I be a 'hypocrite' for being born somewhere that I do not like? Same with boarding school, as a 14 year old is not responsible for where he goes to school.

I am happy you seem intent on spending your life outside Nigeria. Nigeria can do with less people like you and more sensible patriots.
But Nigeria doesn't even want to get any better.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
justwise:

US was also colonized by the UK, you seems to forget that.

South Africa was also colonized and got their independent in 1984 Nigeria 1960, so what is the excuse?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
momoyama:

But how can you begrudge this man for wanting to stay at home and help his country? It is fine if you are happy abroad. But do not criticize those who want to remain at home and improve their country.
I really appreciate your defense for patriotic nigerians. Always realize that the best way to stay happy is to make yourself believe that everything will be better one day even if you know within your heart that it will not (just to reduce blood pressure and prevent depression), I'm sure if the consular general of the US comes across this thread and says he will issue visas with work permits to all Nigerians who have contributed here in one capacity or the other, you will be shocked at the number that will abandon this thread and run to the embassy for the visa. I lived over 20-something years in Nigeria before moving...can you survive for that amount of time in a country with nothing to show for it? I'm sure if you don't get paid your salary for two months, you will go into "self-destruct" mode. But hey, many nigerians go without pay for 1 year, some even more than that, that is those who were privileged to get a job. So tell me, if an opportunity comes at another place, do you think they won't grab it. I'm sure most of the contributors here have tried to leave the country at one time or the other.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by maternal: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
Only an idiot leaves a good situation for a worse one. They will soon respect themselves and return. Those jobs he applied for are already promised to someone. Nothing is achieved by merits in that country.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
walex57:

I really appreciate your defense for patriotic nigerians. Always realize that the best way to stay happy is to make yourself believe that everything will be better one day even if you know within your heart that it will not (just to reduce blood pressure and prevent depression), I'm sure if the consular general of the US comes across this thread and says he will issue visas with work permits to all Nigerians who have contributed here in one capacity or the other, you will be shocked at the number that will abandon this thread and run to the embassy for the visa. I lived over 20-something years in Nigeria before moving...can you survive for that amount of time in a country with nothing to show for it? I'm sure if you don't get paid your salary for two months, you will go into "self-destruct" mode. But hey, many nigerians go without pay for 1 year, some even more than that, that is those who were privileged to get a job. So tell me, if an opportunity comes at another place, do you think they won't grab it. I'm sure most of the contributors here have tried to leave the country at one time or the other.

I am aware that many Nigerians migrate. But I am certain that only a small percentage of the country would leave just because they got a US visa. Every country has some people leaving its shores, but the way some people paint Nigeria is as if everyone wants to leave, which cannot be true.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by zeezahbee(f): 9:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
walex57:
Some people accused Nigerians staying abroad of painting a bad image of Nigeria to foreigners? I think the opposite is the case. I defend Nigeria almost on a daily basis here, if you check the foreign media as what they paint Nigeria as, you will be sad. They paint a poverty ravaged nation, plagued with diseases and terrorism. Are the Nigerians abroad the cause of this? Anytime I got to the hospital for regular check up, the first question is " have you left the US within the last month" well you know why they ask....ebola!....Are Nigerians abroad the cause of this also? Not all Nigerians or Africans are enjoying life abroad, but many are very comfortable here but the sudden hatred is what I still try to envisage.
Same thing happened last week at cook county hospital in Chicago, I was feeling feverish and as my first time in that hospital, during registration , the lady in charge said whats my country of birth and I said Nigeria, she said have you been out of USA in 21days and I said no. Even after I met the doctor, still same question. I finally asked the last doctor I met and he said it was because of Ebola lipsrsealed. Mtcheeew.i had to lecture him

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Chinum: 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
ferdimako:

You are privileged. Watch CNN today and see what Nigerian soldiers are telling Nick Robertson. Those who feed fat from corruption say Nigeria is okay and singing the patriot song continues.

I was in Jos and I know what I suffered and what others are suffering. Those in Lagos think they have an army that can protect them.

Come and marry one nice Nigerian... save a life, Momoyama!

cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh no, u didn't just say dat. grin

But really Momoyama, U gats my respect.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
momoyama:

I am aware that many Nigerians migrate. But I am certain that only a small percentage of the country would leave just because they got a US visa. Every country has some people leaving its shores, but the way some people paint Nigeria is as if everyone wants to leave, which cannot be true.
I'm a Nigerian and will always remain one, I miss home and want to return, but at the moment just to visit, when I have money, I'll add my quota to the economy by having a business down there. I always defend my country but at times the truth needs to be told...yes not everyone wants to leave but I can tell you over 80% of Nigerians of given the opportunity, will leave....even USA visa lottery applications speak for themselves...Nigeria still held a record of the most applied country in Africa if not in the world....now that Nigeria had been banned from it for 10 years, I understand why the hatred for those here may increase. Life if not a bed of roses for everyone here as many people in Nigeria think, and this has nothing to do with what friends I keep or whatever, it's a general thing, if you send things to Nigeria you must send to the whole neighborhood, if you don't there is problem. Also some Nigerians abroad have lost a sense of where they came from, imbibing the bad culture here than the good ones. So it's both ways.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Chinum: 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
justwise:

You renounced it because you don't want to pay income tax. You enjoyed taxes paid by other people when growing up in America.

You need to be a Nigerian because you have the characteristics.

Oh Lord grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
Chinum:

Oh Lord grin grin

No be true?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
zeezahbee:
Same thing happened last week at cook county hospital in Chicago, I was feeling feverish and as my first time in that hospital, during registration , the lady in charge said whats my country of birth and I said Nigeria, she said have you been out of USA in 21days and I said no. Even after I met the doctor, still same question. I finally asked the last doctor I met and he said it was because of Ebola lipsrsealed. Mtcheeew.i had to lecture him
lol, in fact someone saw me at the gas station and I was talking to a fellow Nigerian, as in, in naija tongue, and she asked where we were from, and we answered proudly...for "Nigeria" and then she said we should not come near her because of ebola....and she's black! Lol...we just looked at her like maybe she was high on stone or something...and yet to Nigerians back home (and not least from some comments on this thread) we the Nigerians abroad are the ones painting our country bad....smh
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
walex57:

I'm a Nigerian and will always remain one, I miss home and want to return, but at the moment just to visit, when I have money, I'll add my quota to the economy by having a business down there. I always defend my country but at times the truth needs to be told...yes not everyone wants to leave but I can tell you over 80% of Nigerians of given the opportunity, will leave....even USA visa lottery applications speak for themselves...Nigeria still held a record of the most applied country in Africa if not in the world....now that Nigeria had been banned from it for 10 years, I understand why the hatred for those here may increase. Life if not a bed of roses for everyone here as many people in Nigeria think, and this has nothing to do with what friends I keep or whatever, it's a general thing, if you send things to Nigeria you must send to the whole neighborhood, if you don't there is problem. Also some Nigerians abroad have lost a sense of where they came from, imbibing the bad culture here than the good ones. So it's both ways.

Anyway, how hard can it be to get a US visa? If you fill in the paperwork and have a job in Nigeria, on what possible basis can the consular section deny it?

Besides, many countries have visa on arrival. I no longer need a visa to China, but in the old days you just fly in and get one at the airport. Or buy one at the train station in Hong Kong bound for Shenzen. If so many Nigerians wanted to leave they could easily go to countries that offer visa-on-arrival. It is not worth those countries denying a visa, since the person is already there and the country would have to pay to deport them. Many, many countries just use visas as a means of making money, not keeping people out.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by kalimera101: 11:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
momoyama:

Anyway, how hard can it be to get a US visa? If you fill in the paperwork and have a job in Nigeria, on what possible basis can the consular section deny it?

Besides, many countries have visa on arrival. I no longer need a visa to China, but in the old days you just fly in and get one at the airport. Or buy one at the train station in Hong Kong bound for Shenzen. If so many Nigerians wanted to leave they could easily go to countries that offer visa-on-arrival. It is not worth those countries denying a visa, since the person is already there and the country would have to pay to deport them. Many, many countries just use visas as a means of making money, not keeping people out.

Momoyama, please don't try the US embassy in Nigeria when it comes to visa
approval. I really don't know what stuff they are made of. I'm pretty sure they have purple blood.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 11:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
kalimera101:

approval. I really don't know what stuff they are made of. I'm pretty sure they have purple blood.

I am seriously thinking of visiting Naija. I was told that I would have to apply to the Nigerian embassy in Jamaica (!) for my Nigerian visa. Because they have neither an embassy nor consulate here.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by zeezahbee(f): 12:05am On Jan 17, 2015
walex57:
lol, in fact someone saw me at the gas station and I was talking to a fellow Nigerian, as in, in naija tongue, and she asked where we were from, and we answered proudly...for "Nigeria" and then she said we should not come near her because of ebola....and she's black! Lol...we just looked at her like maybe she was high on stone or something...and yet to Nigerians back home (and not least from some comments on this thread) we the Nigerians abroad are the ones painting our country bad....smh
She's probably akata, as if they are better. I am always so rude to them and don't allow their BS. The are the worst set of people have every met. I don't even give them chance to say any stuff around me. Really I wish I have something to cleanse nigeria, people say a lot of bad stuffs about us, it hurts cry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 17, 2015
momoyama:

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 17, 2015
kalimera101:

I remember my Msc days in the UK. Nigerian students were rushing to northern Ireland to apply for US visa cos the embassy no too sabi hence high approval rate. Soon they realized something was wrong. Now the embassy in northern Ireland na no go area for naija again cos of the rate of denial.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 1:44am On Jan 17, 2015
saxywale:

I remember my Msc days in the UK. Nigerian students were rushing to northern Ireland to apply for US visa cos the embassy no too sabi hence high approval rate. Soon they realized something was wrong. Now the embassy in northern Ireland na no go area for naija again cos of the rate of denial.
what is wrong with the US? Does their discrimination know no end? Why single out Nigerians for visa rejection, when people from all over the world get US visas?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 17, 2015
momoyama:

what is wrong with the US? Does their discrimination know no end? Why single out Nigerians for visa rejection, when people from all over the world get US visas?
Just the same way it is very difficult to use PayPal, eBay,amazon e.t.c (we are well known for scamming and dishonesty). Nigerians are known to abuse systems. They submit fraudulent documents to obtain visas. They are known for overstaying and abusing the conditions attached to their visas. The minimum wage in Nigeria is 18,000/month, circa $100/month and it's not like things are cheap. A lot of things are even more expensive in Nigeria than the US or Britain. In fact, problems too numerous to mention.

And it's not only the US, visa denials are high for Nigerians in almost all high commission(UK, Canada, Belgium, France, Korea, Australia, Poland, Brazil, mexico, turkey e.t.c including south Africa. And a lot of them don't care how much you are worth. I know Nigerians who are millionaires in US dollars that have been refused Canadian visa on numerous occasions.

That is my all for this thread.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by lillaowow(m): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
momoyama:

i really do like you and you comments here. it makes me smile. You seem to be more patriotic than "we" Nigerians on this thread.
You are like a "Nigerian" i wish i am. The difference is i have experienced Nigeria, you haven't.
For me, i will describe it as "Depressing"
My brother is a Med doctor. He's just about starting his residency.
He passed his West African exams for Physicians (trying to be a Pediatrician) close to 2 years now. He has done countless of Exams and interviews in different state and Federal hospitals and has aced it. They always seems to replace his name with someone else. The funnies one is the state teaching hospital says even though he aced their recruitment exercise, they can't employ him now cos the state don't have enough money to recruit new doctors. He should wait till after election. The same state hospital was able to produce his offer letter when someone at the top got involved withing 2 weeks (after almost 12 months). i am still pleading with him to look towards the Caribbean for his residency cos he seems interested in research and academics (reading, reading and more reading) which i don't think Nigerian can offer him but he is a "patriotic" Nigerian...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
lillaowow:

i really do like you and you comments here. it makes me smile. You seem to be more patriotic than "we" Nigerians on this thread.
You are like a "Nigerian" i wish i am. The difference is i have experienced Nigeria, you haven't.
For me, i will describe it as "Depressing"
My brother is a Med doctor. He's just about starting his residency.
He passed his West African exams for Physicians (trying to be a Pediatrician) close to 2 years now. He has done countless of Exams and interviews in different state and Federal hospitals and has aced it. They always seems to replace his name with someone else. The funnies one is the state teaching hospital says even though he aced their recruitment exercise, they can't employ him now cos the state don't have enough money to recruit new doctors. He should wait till after election. The same state hospital was able to produce his offer letter when someone at the top got involved withing 2 weeks (after almost 12 months). i am still pleading with him to look towards the Caribbean for his residency cos he seems interested in research and academics (reading, reading and more reading) which i don't think Nigerian can offer him but he is a "patriotic" Nigerian...

Wow, that is an amazing story. How can hospitals get away with such blatant favouritism? Do you think it is nepotism? someone at the top reserving jobs for their relatives/friends? If so that person is a disgrace. I admit I am no expert on how things are in Nigeria, but maybe part of the problem is that people just accept things and do not complain. If something like that happened in the Bahamas, the aggrieved person would go to the newspapers and it would be a HUGE scandal and the politician at the head (Minister of Health) would be deeply embarrassed by the opposition's opportunity to make a scandal of it.

My point is that there are corrupt, crooked people EVERYWHERE, not just Nigeria. But the outcome may be different if people made more of a fuss of these things when they occur and especially got the press alerted to something as blatant as the situation you just described.

Also, the fact is that Nigeria is a MASSIVE country, where it may be difficult to bring national attention to such episodes, especially if they are common. I live in a country with a population of only 350,000, so it is not that difficult for any citizen to get their story heard by the whole country via the press, and in fact it is probably even easier to stop the Prime Minister in the street and complain, with media cameras in tow.

A lot of the negative complaints I hear about Nigeria are simply a reflection of it being such a huge country, I think. Individual acts of the kind you speak of simply are less easily remedied in such a big country with so many millions of people. I hope your brother tries again and succeeds. Alternatively, I would not say it is bad of him to do his residency elsewhere. I would just hope he can one day contribute to the development of Nigeria. Until West Africa reaches its potential, people of West African origin everywhere will not be assured of their place in the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by maternal: 5:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
momoyama:

Wow, that is an amazing story. How can hospitals get away with such blatant favouritism? Do you think it is nepotism? someone at the top reserving jobs for their relatives/friends? If so that person is a disgrace. I admit I am no expert on how things are in Nigeria, but maybe part of the problem is that people just accept things and do not complain. If something like that happened in the Bahamas, the aggrieved person would go to the newspapers and it would be a HUGE scandal and the politician at the head (Minister of Health) would be deeply embarrassed by the opposition's opportunity to make a scandal of it.

My point is that there are corrupt, crooked people EVERYWHERE, not just Nigeria. But the outcome may be different if people made more of a fuss of these things when they occur and especially got the press alerted to something as blatant as the situation you just described.

Also, the fact is that Nigeria is a MASSIVE country, where it may be difficult to bring national attention to such episodes, especially if they are common. I live in a country with a population of only 350,000, so it is not that difficult for any citizen to get their story heard by the whole country via the press, and in fact it is probably even easier to stop the Prime Minister in the street and complain, with media cameras in tow.

A lot of the negative complaints I hear about Nigeria are simply a reflection of it being such a huge country, I think. Individual acts of the kind you speak of simply are less easily remedied in such a big country with so many millions of people. I hope your brother tries again and succeeds. Alternatively, I would not say it is bad of him to do his residency elsewhere. I would just hope he can one day contribute to the development of Nigeria. Until West Africa reaches its potential, people of West African origin everywhere will not be assured of their place in the world.

1. Almost every job is reserved from someone's friend or relative, or whoever gave the biggest bribe. Who will you complain too ? The police officer on his/her payroll ? Just like that Nigerian man who went to John Hopkins, spent 60k US in less than a year for his studies, and has now returned home to "help" fix the country. We all know his wealthy daddy lined up a job for him already.

2. I'm convinced Nigeria has the most corrupted individuals in the world per capita. This is not the minority of her citizens being corrupted, this is a culture now. Go and google Ken and see what they did to him when he complained about obvious corruption.

3. America has 350 million people while Nigeria has 150. Yet such corruption is not gone unnoticed with countries which have a bigger population.

4. His brother is wasting his time. The sooner he leaves Nigeria the sooner he'll begin to prosper and can start living a respectable life. The children of wealthy politicians have a slim chance of prospering there talk less a common man. It's just unfortunately he was born and lives in Nigeria, a big one.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Chinum: 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
momoyama:

Nice one Momoyama, keep up with the good work.

Guys inasmuch as we face a lot of challenges in Nigeria, I believe that all hope is not lost. No country has it all sorted out. Play your part as best as you can. Do what works for you not what worked for Mr. A. If emigrating would favour you fine! If it's staying back cool! Just ensure you contribute your quota in making Nigeria a better place cos Charity begins @home.
N.B. If I were an investor considering doing business in Nigeria only to come across this thread, it would take some Grace for me to attempt it. As a father with marriageable daughters, you don't go about painting your daughters black to every ear that cares to listen & expect suitors to come for them.
Peace kiss
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by maternal: 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
Charity begins with yourself. Secure yours and your families prosperity before anything else. Especially before the country we call Nigeria. Because she didn't give a damn about your prosperity since birth.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2015
momoyama:

until then ...hahahaha.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
maternal:
Charity begins with yourself. Secure yours and your families prosperity before anything else. Especially before the country we call Nigeria. Because she didn't give a damn about your prosperity since birth.
u dey mind them...telling us to make bricks without straws.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
maternal:

wink kiss
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 6:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
Chinum:

[/b]

Nice one Momoyama, keep up with the good work.

Guys inasmuch as we face a lot of challenges in Nigeria, I believe that all hope is not lost. No country has it all sorted out. Play your part as best as you can. Do what works for you not what worked for Mr. A. If emigrating would favour you fine! If it's staying back cool! Just ensure you contribute your quota in making Nigeria a better place cos Charity begins @home.
N.B. If I were an investor considering doing business in Nigeria only to come across this thread, it would take some Grace for me to attempt it. As a father with marriageable daughters, you don't go about painting your daughters black to every ear that cares to listen & expect suitors to come for them.
Peace kiss
Why should you give out useless daughter for any man to marry, you need to tell the suitor the truth, marry at your own risk then let the suitor go into the marriage with eyes opened.

Why should anybody lie about the situation in Nigeria to suitable investor only for that investor to waste money and time going into the business?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gov Adeleke Government Commences Construction Activities On Ife-ede Road(photos) / My Visit To Olumirin Water Falls / A Speeding trailer Falls Into A Pit Hole In Ikotun, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.