Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? (45785 Views)

The Best President Nigeria Ever Had And Never Had. / Nigeria has finished me!! / Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by favourelisha(m): 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
Gej is the best so far,forget those who were there before and did nothing but rotten.And now they are clamouring for fake change.Up Gej-2019

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by johnwell(m): 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
chibwike:
In your opinions, who is the best president

point of correction, ask of the worst leader and I'll accept, but asking for the best is an error.

this colonial mistake called naija has never had a good leader before.

a nation rulled by grandfathers.

i saw a poster of one presidential candidate, a grandfather, i just imagine how many days he'll live from now. the man life remain only one bar. may he not go & die in aso rock like others.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Maser: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
General Muhammadu Buhari between 1983-1985.

He's the only one so far who suceeded in taming corruption. Nigerians are stubbornly corrupt and indisciplined.

You don't need just a president who will tell you I built railways, roads etc. yet allowing corruption to fester. Whatever infrastructure GEJ achieved in office, his legacy of corruption will cancel in no time as corrupt officials will embezzle monies meant for maintenance and allow them dilapidate.

What you need is a President who will aggressively tame corrupt officials and development of infrastructure will come naturally as your Governor and LG Chairman will be too scared to embezzle their allocation, thus be compelled to use them to build that dillapidated road that leads to your house. That to me is solving the problem from the root rather than on the surface.

I like GEJ as a person but sorry, he has proven again and again in words and action that he is not up to it. GMB is fit for purpose on this occasion and sure will get my vote in march.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by iphanyiuma(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
Who is that ram that mentioned obafemi awolowo....that dude needs to be flogged like cow
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by visalo: 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
GEJ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
By the time GEJ finishes his second term in 2019, no former leader will be anywhere near him.
Even now he's way ahead.
1.More regular power supply,
2. Good network of roads
3. Functional railway systems
4. More universities
5. Fastest growing economy
6. Stability in price and supply of petroleum products.
7. Food sufficiency through improved agric inputs and empowering farmers directly,
Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc and considering the hostile opposition he has to contend with.
GEJ is the man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Kinikini: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
Nigeria has never had a good president talkless of best president.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by vivalavida(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2015
TITOBIGZ:

May God run ur life the way GEJ is running d country.FOOL gringrin

And may God flog u with koboko the way buhari and his hench-men were flogging Nigerians in 1984.
Say amen

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by bondingman: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
santity100:

Were you born during GMB military era ?
Were your parents politician during GMB military era ?

It is widely known that the masses enjoyed GMB military era, only drug peddlers, politicians, law breakers and thugs can say otherwise due to their no nensense atittude to these vices
I was born n aware during his era
even had an uncle who was wrongly detained n later released though
That era marks d worst human rights breach records in d history of nigeria
Any leader that tampers with ones human rights n freedom is a tyrant, n buhari is n even out of power; as d post election violence of 2011 tells, a tyrant.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by CahlMheRodney(m): 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
GEJ, bad belle is allowed!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by babadem2much(m): 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
YAR'ADUA, the best is yet to come after this late gentleman who knows how to deal with corrupt generals

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by smallJagaban: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^The worst democratic head of state is miles better than the best military dictatorship!

As an Igbo man, i make bold to say that my people gained more (no matter how little) during the Shagari regime than during all the evil/despotic military regimes put together......the bastards had an unwritten rule to marginalize and deprive Ndigbo just out of spite and hatred!

AGBARI OJUKWU CAUSED IBO MISFORTUNE IN NIGERIA POLITICS....
IBO ARE TOO SENTIMENTAL AND BIASED. AGUYI IRONSI BIASED ATTITUDE LED TO HIS UNTIMELY DEATH..

BLAME NO TRIBES FOR YOUR TRIBE FAILURE

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Kundagarten: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
[s]
Adminisher:

South South and South East infrastructure does not even come close to assessing the performance of the President of Nigeria in a federal setting. The job of Nigerian President is not building roads and infrastructure. If I am shocking you with this statement then get to a library or in the internet and do some reading. Maybe read the constitution on the duties of President.
Infrastructure is a right and not a benevolent patronage dispensed by a person. Roads and infrastructure should be built as a normal thing in government. All infrastructural projects should proceed as part of 10, 20 even 30 year development plans and no government should be able to stop them. In advanced countries, a president comes in meets a tunnel being constructed as part of a 10 year project, serves as prime minister or president, loses election, wins again and the road is still being constructed. All developments proceeding independent of the leadership.

Presidents should only get kudos for extra ordinary things like in the US, the moon landing, space shuttle or something innovative or never done before. The only one I can give to Goodlusck is in agriculture and even that should go to the ni'm sister of agriculture. Please get your brain out of the Nigeria gutter and get emancipated.
[/s]

You went tangential, you didn't even try or attempt to counter the arguements put forth.
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by iamosamede55: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
aguiyi:
GEJ,

He gave us freedom of information law while somebody who wants him out gave us decree 4

Nigerians be wise, satan was once an angel
yes this is the kind of change I want.. As long as d clueless one goes back to otueke

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by santity100: 7:18pm On Feb 14, 2015
Regular power supply ? When they are generating less than 3K mega watt for the country ?

Food supply ? So you were buying a cup of rice for #50 in 2010 and you still buying it for #50 or less ?

What's the efficiency of all the 200 universities in the country ?

You are dreamer ...

Change federal, change state

WOCKHARDI:
By the time GEJ finishes his second term in 2019, no former leader will be anywhere near him.
Even now he's way ahead.
1.More regular power supply,
2. Good network of roads
3. Functional railway systems
4. More universities
5. Fastest growing economy
6. Stability in price and supply of petroleum products.
7. Food sufficiency through improved agric inputs and empowering farmers directly,
Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc and considering the hostile opposition he has to contend with.
GEJ is the man.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by juman(m): 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
ohenhen1:
Worst- OBJ, Shagari and GEJ, IBB, Abacha.

We have been cursed with bad leadership.

Best- Abdulsalem Abubakar.

One nigeria is the root problem.

We never had committed leader. This is a country that belongs to nobody.
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Jchi9876: 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
From top to bottom;

Chief General Olusegun Okikiola Matthew Obasanjo

Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe(RIP)

General Murtala Mohammed

General Muhammadu Buhari(In-waiting)

Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola(Never sworn in)RIP

General Yakubu Gowon
Major General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi(RIP)

General Abdulsalami Abubakar(Courageous for Handing over)

General Ibrahim Gbadamasi Babangida

General Sani Abacha(RIP)

Alhaji Umar Musa Yar' Adua(RIP)

Dr Ebele Jonathan (Goodluck removed on purpose)

Alhaji Shehu Shagari

Chief Ernest Sonekan( He still dey alive sef?)
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by DBlackCeazer(m): 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
MKO is the best president we never had.
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by fun4: 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2015
harde2lah:
We also have to consider the resources at their disposal if we are to decide without sentiments. The price of oil was the highest during gejs regime and I can't seem to find any massive infrastructure. IMO, I think all our past leaders including the current one are mediocres. But I will still give it to one of our past leaders. make i do my research first.

Please do not derail and BE OBJECTIVE - do you know that #20,000 in the 80s is over #1,000,000 today?

What am saying is that cost things were soft then - meaning if they had little resources at their disposal, they could have still delivered if they wanted to.

Do not compare apple with orange.

DO YOU KNOW THAT former Rivers state governor Peter Odili received #708,000,000.000.00(BILLION) in his 8yrs WHILE CURRENT governor Chibuike Amaechi has so far received over #2,000,000,000,000.00(TRILLION). Same with Tinubu and Fashola.

My point: cost of governance, building 1km road, buying planes, railways, funding education and health sectors, funding the police and military and civil service, years ago have all increased and so is OUR population today.

Whatever we received then was enough for us as a country or state to develope at our own pace but I guess corruption, nepotism, inefficiency, etc is the bane of our development .

I Bought 3cubes of sugar for 50kobo years ago but how much today? Coke? Didn't buy choko milo sweets then and now?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Jchi9876: 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2015
fun4:

Please do not derail and BE OBJECTIVE - do you know that #20,000 in the 80s is over #1,000,000 today?

What am saying is that cost things were soft then - meaning if they had little resources at their disposal, they could have still delivered if they wanted to.

Do not compare apple with orange.

DO YOU KNOW THAT former Rivers state governor Peter Odili received #708,000,000.000.00(BILLION) in his 8yrs WHILE CURRENT governor Chibuike Amaechi has so far received over #2,000,000,000,000.00(TRILLION). Same with Tinubu and Fashola.

My point: cost of governance, building 1km road, buying planes, railways, funding education and health sectors, funding the police and military and civil service, years ago have all increased and so is OUR population today.

Whatever we received then was enough for us as a country or state to develope at our own pace but I guess corruption, nepotism, inefficiency, etc is the bane of our development .

I Bought 3cubes of sugar for 50kobo years ago but how much today? Coke? Didn't buy choko milo sweets then and now?

Carry your bias analysis go market go colllect guguru and epa
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by kendrick9(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Abacha cheesy

HOS though grin
abacha? u must be smoking weed... go and re-check ur history.
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
Murtala Mohammed,Yaradua,Buhari,Shagari,Gowon...I don't see any other.
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by kendrick9(m): 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
iphanyiuma:
Who is that ram that mentioned obafemi awolowo....that dude needs to be flogged like cow
awolowo was an 1diot tbh
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by dannewlife(m): 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2015
Best is Murtala
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Nicklaus(m): 7:27pm On Feb 14, 2015
It's either You are all being tribal in your views or you don't really know much about this past presidents. To my knowledge, in the military regime GEN YAKUBU GOWON was the best because he cared for the well being of the people, which is the basic priority of any good ruler, his only problem was that his managerial qualities were questionable, which I ll say it's worth it considering its aim. But since democracy I ll give it to president YAR ADUA, death's a bitch, wonder how the country ll have been by now. His two years has been the best so far compared to OBJ's one year Epic tenure.
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by jasmine01s: 7:29pm On Feb 14, 2015
hmm realy really
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by fuckerholic(m): 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2015
ernecy:
I Forsee tribal war on this thread

Spread my mat, with a bottle of orijin
What is this origin turning you people into ?
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by naijacentric(m): 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2015
Muritala mohammed best vice tunde idiagbon
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by rusher14: 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2015
For trying to clean the Augean stables. Ridding Nigeria of the one factor that impoverishes a large generality of its people. No doubt General Muhammadu Buhari takes the plaudit.

We can try to play this any way we like but even Abacha with far less funds did a whole lot more than our present occupier of Aso Rock.

We all wailed and screamed blue murder when Turai Yar'Adua attempted to make mockery of our democracy.
Little did we know that the one who was to come after her would be worse than a shrew. Hardly a crime of the husband one might say but tacit support he hads shown by refusing to rein her in.

Same for his attitude with the litany of lawbreakers and ex-cons who litter his cabinet and inner sanctum.

Corruption leaves hospitals without drugs, deprives the studious child of the merit he/she deserves and leaves many seeking work even in the face of wealth.

One who faces corruption head on is one who gives hope to the down trodden.

Buhari is it.

Buhari fights corruption and makes things work.

Buhari best ever and hopefully he would get the opportunity to steer this ship on the right course.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
All those who could have transformed this country greatly had their tenure cut short either by death, coup or sickness, leaving only the empty heads to rule us.
Is Nigeria cursed?? angry
Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by psalmsjob: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
ramdris:
Op sorry to say o, u b olodo rabata. Shey Awolowo be president ni.
Anyway back to d matter, na Muritala but I girders GMB topping him after his tenure.

Awolowo is the best President Nigeria never had unfortunately.

For military era the "Best": General M. Buhari

For civilian era the "Best": Umoru Musa Ya'Adua

But we can't speak of the "Best" without mentioning the "Worst".

For military era the "Worst": General I. Babangida

For civilian era the "Worst": Goodluck E. Jonathan GCON (Grand Clueless-One of Nigeria) aka Stealing Is Not Corruption!!

#VoteForChange #VoteForBuhari #VoteForNigeria #VoteForAPC

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? by Joshkid(m): 7:38pm On Feb 14, 2015
Keziehenry:
Non so far
.............. Modified.......
FTC for the 2nd time dis yr. I dedicate this space to GEJ cos there is no vacancy in aso rock for now until after 2019.
u rock big time!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Expels Danjuma Goje, Former Gombe Governor / Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae / DSS Report That Got Magu Rejected Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.