Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? (44576 Views)

Why A Christian Girl Converted To Islam (Photo) / How Do We Handle Sexual Urge In A Godly Relationship? / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by duni04(m): 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
BornSad:
Hehe.... you guys think there's something you wrote here that the OP had never heard before coming on Nairaland? Read bible, pray, fast, this and that, OP said he was born and brought up in a core Christian family. This suggests that he does all these already! And the thing still dey do am grin.

Prayer and fasting do no stop konji o! Nigerians and hypocrisy! God created nature and do not work against it. Konji is natural. So if you have any practical advice, give it and stop quoting the bible as if there's anywhere in it that says, "and I will stop your konji".
grin
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Motolank: 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
After 3mnt the feeling disappears...but you must be busy too...
This is my 18th mnt without one and i cant even remember the feel...
Thou i didnt plan not to..., am just here making my money lipsrsealed
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Sunbellar: 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Alexk2:
bros., the heart of the matter is a matter of the heart....you are been lead, moved by what you occupied your heart with.; that is it with every human. our actions are product of the heart's deliberatn/dicussn, so stop occupying ur heart frm those things that are leading you into sinful thinking...philipians 4:8 says 'finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things"....these are what we should occupy our mind with and not indecent things.

prov. 4:23 also says.."..above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life"..

finally, i need to ask you if you've really knw the person of Jesus...this is different frm been born into a christian home or been religious or holding teneciously to ur doctrine. your striving, struggling, prayer and fasting cant help you @ d long run because the finished work of Christ dont need 'helping' by any1...only trust in that finished work and letting Him will do.
so, check your relationshp with Him first....shalom!
I think we have men of God here!
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Ninilowo(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
For a case like ds, nairaland is not the best place for solution nah cos u ll get more confused at the end of the day
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
Truckpusher:
He doesn't need it for later as long as he has a tongue and a finger. cheesy

He needs it na, long time
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by mcsnup: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
Alexk2:
bros., the heart of the matter is a matter of the heart....you are been lead, moved by what you occupied your heart with.; that is it with every human. our actions are product of the heart's deliberatn/dicussn, so stop occupying ur heart frm those things that are leading you into sinful thinking...philipians 4:8 says 'finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things"....these are what we should occupy our mind with and not indecent things.

prov. 4:23 also says.."..above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life"..

finally, i need to ask you if you've really knw the person of Jesus...this is different frm been born into a christian home or been religious or holding teneciously to ur doctrine. your striving, struggling, prayer and fasting cant help you @ d long run because the finished work of Christ dont need 'helping' by any1...only trust in that finished work and letting Him will do.
so, check your relationshp with Him first....shalom!
brother, i can't help but say i love you and my God bless you with wisdom and the strength to stand firm. @Thugnificen take it from me, i no a man in his mid-30s and he has never had sex. What you feed your mind is what it processes, and please don't think that sperm would store in your system till it begins to pose health problem to you. God has designed your system to let out every waste, you sweat, urinate, shit and even wet dream...no make anybody fool you
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by amsoslim(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
LucemFerre:
Buy 1 carton of dudu-osun for prevention against germs and bags of pure water don't use well water prevention against tape worm, download better mojo... Bros and Service yourself all you want... Fasting and prayers no dey cure konji... If not the next time you sneeze na sperm go comot some time later if you dey cry, your tears go thick (water+sperm)... Next you go just start to dey smell yam water from no where (catarrh + sperm).

Help yourself o... If God no want make you do soapy him for no allow konji torment you.
this your comment ehn don mak me laf uncontollably sotey my trouser don tire...as I cari dis ur comment n topic share fr FB if u sabi hw many like I dan get fr my page ehn...chai u no go kill pason
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
duni04:

grin u no well o. No such thing as self-service responsibly. The fact that you're wanking in the first place means you've lost controlgrin
So yea discipline does pay

1.) Surpressing an urge and Controlling an urge are two entirely different things. In fact, wanking is a form of controlling an urge, which is why once done, the issue of sex is completely rubbed off the mind and such a person can concentrate on other things. And this leads us to ->

2.) Wanking can be seen as pseudo-sex where you tell the body "Hey body, I'm having sex so don't trouble me again, ok?" and once you're done, you move on. However, wanking for like 10 hours straight after perhaps 15 releases can lead to Heart attack. It's even insane and self-torture to try such. So it all boils down to use & mis-use and yes, you can self-service responsibly. Everything is done responsibly.

It's not "loss of control," it's control itself. Cheers cool

4 Likes

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by tinyanosa(f): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
When alone don't watch any movie that will bring the urge,listen to Christian tape,read your bible,talk to your body you are dead to sin and alive in righteousness. Continue speaking the word until its soaks into your body,mind,spirit and soul. Your body shouldn't tell you what to do,tell your body you are in charge.
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Thugnificent(m): 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thanks everyone for the responses so far. I thank God for his mercies upon my life, I just graduated from the Uni and by November I will be going for service. The problem now is I can't wait anylonger. Some people are advicing me to get married forgetting the fact that I need a stable source of income first. My hormones are raging everyday, so is it a sin to self service once in a while till i get ready for marriage? I'm sure God will understand my predicament.

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by teekay213(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=vfactor post=29697543]First you need to have a proper view of sexual urges. They re completely normal and u re not a sinner for having it. But the sin lies in allowing it to control you, instead of you controlling them. The following suggestions can help

1. Avoid negative association: by negative association i mean friends, tv programs, music videos, movies, mags, books that directly or indirectly bring ur mind to sex. Fornication starts from the mind.

2. Fill your mind with positive things: as mentioned earlier, fornication starts from the mind. If your mind if filled with positive things, the urge to have illicit sex becomes reduced. Replace negative associations with positive ones. Have friends who have the same resolve as u to abstain from pre-marital sex.

3. Pray for strength to the above. It's one thing to wish, another to do. To be able to succeed in doing this you need all the help you can get.stop doing all these when u no dey villagewhat abt d ladies u see arund evn in urdream
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by duni04(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
Reiyvinn:

1.) Surpressing an urge and Controlling an urge are two entirely different things. In fact, wanking is a form of controlling an urge, which is why once done, the issue of sex is completely rubbed off the mind and such a person can concentrate on other things. And this leads us to ->

2.) Wanking can be seen as pseudo-sex where you tell the body "Hey body, I'm having sex so don't trouble me again, ok?" and once you're done, you move on. However, wanking for like 10 hours straight after perhaps 15 releases can lead to Heart attack. It's even insane and self-torture to try such. So it all boils down to use & mis-use and yes, you can self-service responsibly. Everything is done responsibly.

It's not "loss of control," it's control itself. Cheers cool
maybe the question is: do people actually succeed in controlling sexual urges by exercising self discipline. If yes, then wouldn't it be easier to discipline yourself and tame your urges than self-service, whether responsibly or irresponsibly, with all the psychological and health drawbacks of wanking?
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by 9jatatafo(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
If your abuna go lead you into sin... Cut it off..

If one should cut abuna off, then it is tantamount to suicide which is a great sin. Can you really cut it off? Being rhetorical!
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by fathomberry: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
By praying and fasting. Occupy your mind with positive thots and the devil won't setup his office in your mind.
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
UchihaMadara:

"A person who actively opposes or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary."

Now, by calling me "antagonist", you're assuming the position of the protagonist, right?

Did it occur to you that word is considered offensive by its subject? You may not know it but calling someone an antagonist suggests the person is hostil to or against a positive view/person/development etc.. So what actually made me the antagonist here, my different opinion? In what way exactly has my own advice, opinion or suggestion tantamounted to antagonism? Or you knew me before? Do you not realise that, if we are actually at the opposite ends of the divide, I might as well consider you to be the antagonist?

I have not gone out of my way to antagonise you or anyone here but even if you consider me to be an antagonist, you must not call me that to my face just for the sake of some healthy or diplomatic exchange of views cause it's offensive, really.

No offence taken though.
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Lachimex(m): 4:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
Bros last time I checked Conji Operation don increase to 580k, perhaps Doctor dat will carry d operation will be giving u a big slap every 2-minutes 4u to allow dat to occur while there are so many way u can help urself out...Am sure u won't be able 2 go tru all dis processes..so beta be warned now"" I rest my case!!!
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by 9jatatafo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
Try to hold on to what you believe and pursue spirituality. Also do you have wet dreams? The body helps in relieving conji by wet dream.
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
I am facing the same problem. Thank God for this thread.
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by HumanPsycho(m): 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hey man you are not alone on this we are all fighting it. Its the flesh. All I can tell you now is to rechannel your energies, you know what I mean?

Get busy. Do something. Occupy yourself with something relevant for your life. Then never forget to fast if indeed you're a christian, then there won't be time to respond to the naughty hormones remember Romans 8:1
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by 9jatatafo(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
Lachimex:
Bros last time I checked Conji Operation don increase to 580k, perhaps Doctor dat will carry d operation will be giving u a big slap every 2-minutes 4u to allow dat to occur while there are so many way u can help urself out...Am sure u won't be able 2 go tru all dis processes..so beta be warned now"" I rest my case!!!

#Arrow
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by freecocoa(f): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
duni04:

Pray for the discipline to control it
Why is it there in the first place if it will lead one to sin? Which kind punishment be that one?

1 Like

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Iamvictor(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
checkdate:

+SEEK IN PRAYERS FOR STRENGTH AND POWER TO OVERCOME THIS NEGETIVE INFLUENCE
+IF YOU CAN AVOID STAYING ALONE AT HOME DO GO OUT,
+IF YOU CAN START KNOWING & ATTENDING YOUR CHURCH PROGRAMMS/MEETINGS AND ALSO START FORMING THE HABIT OF GOING TO RECREATION PARKS/SPORTS CENTRES, IT WILL HELP.
+IF YOU CAN START LEARNING A NEW VOCATION(HAND WORK eg laptop repairs-software-hardware ), IT WILL HELP

Best tip...

1 Like

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by focus7: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thugnificent:
I grew up in a strong Christian family were I was indoctrinated to believe that fornication and masturbation is a sin. Now i'm in my early 20s and the urge to fornicate grows stronger and the only solution is masturbation which is also a "sin". So how do I relieve my self of the urge without comitting any sin?
From ur submission u are what u are courtesy of ur upbringing, meaning u are trying to remain what ur parent has made u think should be right not that u have personal encounter that bring u to the point of personal conviction, your holding on may not last. I will suggest u do the following: 1.give ur life to Jesus. 2.initiate an intimacy with God by spending quality time with on a daily bases to know I'm one on one. 3.begin a descipleship program by; a.having a mentor to guide u who u can report ur life progress in Christ to, b.join the descipleship program in ur church if they have such, c.in that ur daily devotion endeavour to take lesson from every bible passage u read daily and apply them to ur life, learn to listen to the inner voice in u both in prayer and outside prayer, take instruction from inside, christianity is an IN thing not outward. 4.read gospel materials, I will recommend Gbile Akanni, Watchmanni. Mater(ialsI will recommend more to u if u contact me). 5.get to learn about the cross and the resurrection of Jesus (by the time u learn about the cross and the resurrection that demon of sexual urge will fly away). Contact me on mail if my post is of benefit to u.
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by code11(m): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
critique101:

Dont mention God's name in such stupiid comments. you have insulted GOd. THink before you talk/write

Maybe u did not see the small Later g god he used.
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by pussyphilia(m): 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
UchihaMadara:

The underlying principle in both our analogies is discipline, is it not?

As people have already said, you can get married whenever you want. You really don't have to wait to fulfill all your goals before you do, if you know you can't wait.

You could always get a like-minded spouse, that would share your goals. So for instance, if you say no kids, till you are secure at 35, then both of you should be in it together to achieve that and still have a cool marriage.
Agreed that discipline is important in every aspect of human life. But the two scenerios are incomparable. Just like it takes discipline for you not to eat food every hour of the day, so does it take discipline for me to have protected sex only twice or three times a week and not every hour of the day.
Aren't we both disciplined?

Bros u talk as if you are from mars. Which girl in Nigeria will agree to marry a broke guy? talk about fling, maybe, but marriage, u are OYO.
So guys gotta struggle to make money and in the process, konji has gotta be treated.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=teekay213 post=29698950][/quote]

U read my post finish or you stop half way?
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by duni04(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
freecocoa:
Why is it there in the first place if it will lead one to sin? Which kind punishment be that one?
why is money there when it will lead people to sin? why is sex there if you can get HIV? But when there's discipline, you learn how to tame money, sex and all the other pleasures of life.
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
focus7:

From ur submission u are what u are courtesy of ur upbringing, meaning u are trying to remain what ur parent has made u think should be right not that u have personal encounter that bring u to the point of personal conviction, your holding on may not last. I will suggest u do the following: 1.give ur life to Jesus. 2.initiate an intimacy with God by spending quality time with on a daily bases to know I'm one on one. 3.begin a descipleship program by; a.having a mentor to guide u who u can report ur life progress in Christ to, b.join the descipleship program in ur church if they have such, c.in that ur daily devotion endeavour to take lesson from every bible passage u read daily and apply them to ur life, learn to listen to the inner voice in u both in prayer and outside prayer, take instruction from inside, christianity is an IN thing not outward. 4.read gospel materials, I will recommend Gbile Akanni, Watchmanni. Mater(ialsI will recommend more to u if u contact me). 5.get to learn about the cross and the resurrection of Jesus (by the time u learn about the cross and the resurrection that demon of sexual urge will fly away). Contact me on mail if my post is of benefit to u.

Blasphemy!!! shocked

Sexual urge is now a demon?
Your own don flee? You don get miss call be that nah.

Hia! Nawa o.

Oya nah, make all of us kuku go for deliverance starting from the pastor and maybe you (no offence intended).

1 Like

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by redsun(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
Why are you living in bondage of ancient dogma? You have come of age and it is very natural for you to let off the steam. It is something all living creatures are programmed to do,including plants.

What if you die tomorrow?

1 Like

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by mustang44: 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
Try
Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by pussyphilia(m): 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
9jatatafo:
Try to hold on to what you believe and pursue spirituality. Also do you have wet dreams? The body helps in relieving conji by wet dream.
I thought they said wet dreams are caused by spiritual wife, and whoever that has it needs deliverance? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can A Christian Handle Sexual Urge? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
mustang44:

Try

I'm sure you didn't read the post, be honest grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apostle Ernest Agortey Marries Third Wife (Photos) / Who Was Abraham's Father? Azar (Quran) Or Terah (Bible)? Which Is Right? / Is Life Real, Or Just A Dream? What If This World Is Just An Illusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.