Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119748 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
Intressant. Following. cheesy
Kristiana1 come and see
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by slim14(m): 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
very creative and lively concept, first of its kind on NL...really cool.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
This is really cool... I love it! Nice work op:-)

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Raxxye(m): 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
adanduka:

Please learn how to critique nicely.
There are better ways to make your point.
Eg: Very nice project/ idea
Good pictures too! You can make them sharper.
Would love to see more spontaneous shots. Following...

I just like you, Ada!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
nerodenero:
True life stories and happenings that touch the heart.This is so inspiring and away from APC and PDP palaver.

Good job OP,I dont like getting emotional but you almost got me.Keep up the good work!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by zonax(m): 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
An interesting thread.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
LoveMEBaby:
wooooooooooow!! I'm happy for you.
Sorry what department are you?, cos i can see a unilag I.D card around your neck..
that's what my aunt turned me into. While my mates were in school, I was on the street. Did that for 3 years and 3 times daily. I missed jss1. I had to start from 2. On holidays, I would sell 3 times daily. I went bald cos of the heavy loads... But I thank God of the gift of NEVER give up spirit and my life today. I am not where I wanna b but almost there. wink smiley

7 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Sunky200: 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"After school, I help my mum sell oranges. I like going to the field cos I sell a lot there and also watch them play football, sometimes I wish I can play with the other children but I can't leave my market to play. When I grow up I want to be a billionaire so my mum won't sell oranges again." #humansoflagos

@op, pls if you have the opportunity to see this young man again, tell him he's not alone. many people were once in his shoe and many are still there as the likes n' share of his simple piece of mind indicated. and remember that your mother loves you dearly, I an sure if she knows other means to make ends meet she would not have stressed before she performs her parental duties.
young man, cultivate a hardworking habit just like your mother and learn to modest and. upright, given more to the world and expect Less for that is the key happiness and greatness. it shall be well with you.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
Chuckdee:
Nice... but here is the original owner of your idea
https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork?fref=photo

http://www.humansofnewyork.com/

And remember he will definitely sometime visit Nigeria/lagos

Please read the bolded.

TochiPhotos:
Hi guys welcome to The humans of Lagos photography thread, my initial plan was to do this project for nairalanders but I had troubles, first with the pm issue they kept me from sending as much mails as I could and secondly most nairlanders I was able to contact declined due to privacy concerns so I decided to take it up a notch, go out on the streets of Lagos and meet random Lagosians, interact with them, take a portrait and share their story.

Humans of Lagos is a street photography project capturing the lives of everyday Lagosians and sharing their story. Inspired by Brandon Stanton's HONY project. Capturing the heart and soul of everyday Lagosians, telling the Lagos story one shutter at a time.

Welcome on board as we start this interesting journey together and please do follow us on instagram http://instagram.com/thehumansoflagos and like our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/humansoflagosng http://www.facebook.com/TochianiPhotography for latest updates.

Go somewhere.

OP, continue.

8 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by LoveMEBaby(m): 12:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
2sExy1:
that's what my aunt turned me into. While my mates were in school, I was on the street. Did that for 3 years and 3 times daily. I missed jss1. I had to start from 2. On holidays, I would sell 3 times daily. I went bald cos of the heavy loads... But I thank God of the gift of NEVER give up spirit and my life today. I am not where I wanna b but almost there. wink smiley
Alhamdulillah for you bro, May almighty ALLAH bless your hustle.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by swezenberg(m): 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
What a beautiful thread from a lovely heart

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Sunky200: 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
Olutola88:
I didn't know when tears fell from my eyes while I was reading this cry

I Pray and Hope I positively impact millions of lives someday

someday is a practical procastination pal, why not start with what you have and where you are.

in short time, trust me you'll be happy you did and 'll be very very proud of yourself
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Ricardo2400(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
BigUps 2 d Op...gr8 concept, definitely 1 of d best threads eva...bt I hope u have d mind of making it bigger say in a magazine or somtin...I see dis going places...#Humansoflagos

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by stupor(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
@op

God will greatly bless you for spending your time and energy with humble ones as these and for giving them succour,relevance and reason to hope for a better tomorrow.

-NEVER LOOK DOWN ON ANYONE EXCEPT YOU'rE HELPING THEM UP-

Its quite refreshing and cool to see you remind us of our humble past,where we all started by not also forgeting the pains,the challenges andstruggles we went through to see that our lives became better and our dreams were greatly achieved.

-I USED TO SELL 'ICE WATER' DURING SCHOOL HOLIDAYS MANY YEARS AGO AT A GARAGE CANTEEN IN MILE TWO TO RAISE SCHOOL FEES TO HELP MY MUM AND FOR OUR UPKEEP BEFORE MY DAD EVENTUALLY STARTED DOING BETTER.

Though the stigma wasnt as hard as what we have these days,it was not all that easy at all,Glory to God for making everything better.my dreams of me having a tertiary education was like praying for a private jet when i obviously knew i couldnt afford a bicycle then.Good glory i am now a Masters degree holder !

When i remember those days,i just smile it off.

#NothingIsImpossible #NeverGiveUp #GodWillAlwaysSeeYouThrough.

God will bless you OP a million times for this.

14 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
LoveMEBaby:
Alhamdulillah for you nro, May almighty []ALLAH ] bless your hustle.
amin
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by juman(m): 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
People suffers in this country.

A country badly managed.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by princemedico: 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
So in love with this thread. Great idea OP

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Webhost(m): 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
Op, pls I am longing to read more. The story of the 14 years old is very interesting. It reminds me of myself. I have similar feeling when I was his age. GLORY BE TO GOD. THAT LADY IS NOW MY WIFE.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Begonia(m): 2:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
misskenny:
Interesting, the boy dat sells orange n d woman selling 'agbalumo', those r d average nigerian. Got me thinking.

So are the others.. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by MightyFortress: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
This is so lovely and inspiring.. The little stories of humans just like me and you.. Trying to rule their own little world..

Keep it up, OP. Originality at its peak.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by DeCritique(m): 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
Humans Of Imo loading next.....!!

Where that my Samsung Camera dey? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by bigtt76(f): 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
This to me is quite inspirational. Determined face of Nigerians. God see you through broda kiss

TochiPhotos:
"My Aunty told my parents she will train me in school and brought me to Lagos but when I got here she sent me to the streets to hawk all day, after some years I ran away from her house and stayed on the streets doing menial jobs now I've raised enough money and enrolled in the university of Lagos" #humansoflagos

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by rhotimie: 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
This is an intelligent way to show off the society and her people. Good job!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by ijbeauty(f): 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
So nice and inspiring op......

Giving ppl hope for a better tomorrow....

Keep up the good work..

#following

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
adanduka:

Please learn how to critique nicely.
There are better ways to make your point.
Eg: Very nice project/ idea
Good pictures too! You can make them sharper.
Would love to see more spontaneous shots. Following...
classic

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2015
I thought I would be long married with my two lovely kids in my lovely home living our simple lives as we don't need much to survive. I thought my husband will I find extremely adorable and aceing in my career. Alas, its a different story but not one worse off. I love lagos for it's vast opportunities.Until I explore all my potentials, I remain one of the humans of lagos cool

OP, your idea rocks!

Sorry not bold enough to include my picture

6 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by PepsiBoy: 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
Very creative. Well done indeed. I love the ingenuity.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
Thanks for the support guys, your kind words keep me going. I actually didn't plan for it to get to the front page at this stage cos its still in its early stages but I guess is still good. Expect more updates, this is just the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
"Today is sports day, we played a game. I didn't score many points but I played well. My dad still doesn't like me playing sports, he said it will distract me from studying" #HumansOfLagos

25 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
"I've finished working on my mix tape and I brought it to school to show my friends, it has 2 tracks 'Oh my God and my baby' the whole class was hailing me and making noise and it nearly got us punished. I'm bigger than all my classmates and I used to like it but now I hate it, I'm still in Junior secondary and I hate that I'm older than my class mates" #HumansOfLagos

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
"I like reading a lot, I read novels, story books, newspapers I read everything. Now I'm reading my daughter's Yoruba book, that one doesn't like reading her books at all, once she comes back from school she will throw her bag on the chair and run outside to play. I'm reading it now so I can help her do her assignment when I close market." #HumansOfLagos

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by otiigba1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
Best ever tread in nairaland @op more grease to your elbow, its bout real ordinary people not just about tonto dike or any other yeyebrity bottoms and boobs or curves

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Memoirs From Chile / I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.