Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson (33463 Views)

Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / Buhari Must Start By Jailing Thieves –kokori / Buhari Will Have To Beg Fela For Jailing Him — Yeni Kuti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by olu77(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
kepal99:
* I have never seen any school built in his name.
* I have never seen any borehole constructed by him.
* There is no record of any scholarship
awarded by him or for him nor through him.
* I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass
for any charitable work nor any humanitarian
effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge
where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign
for immunization.
* No single text book has been donated to any school
either by him, for him or through him. Little wonder
he sentenced a seasoned professor to 100 yrs
imprisonment- shame.
* Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved
himself
since his exit from office.
* No book written, no memoirs, no lectures,
nothing. Little wonder he sentenced a seasoned
professor to 100 yrs imprisonment- shame.
* The only thing of note he can point to are his
numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
* He never champion for a university in his state nor
has he ever been involved in any kind of programme
to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura.
* His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful
development in Daura, yet they say he can change
Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again?
* No wonder he was referred to as being
''perpetually unelectable''.
* He is not a patron to any organization, group or
association.
* No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited
him for their lecture, convention or gala night.
* The only time any known form, body or human
assemblage ever chose him to do
anything for them was when the Boko Haram
terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in
the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. He recently
joined twitter because of elections.
At 72 what does he have to offer?
I need change, we all need change but Gen Buhari
isn't the answer!
If Buhari presidential election, na big slap on Naija
Youths. Pls Share

Don't worry yourself too much FeBuhari 14 is just few days from now.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Your vote is just one vote. Let's wait for that day...

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by BraveAfrican(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thousands of people were imprisoned by Buhari, many died without having a chance. Thousands fled and live on exile. Its scary to know such a dictator seeks to be President of the country, and the f00ls are forgiving him.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by roufy235(m): 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by kunmis1(m): 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
gbam!!!

Weekend Bonanza!!!!
Purchase Etisalat Data for the cheapest price
ever!
1gb for # 1k
2gb for #1500
3gb for #2000
Hurry while stock lasts!
Bonanza expires today
N.B: the Data is only Valid for 10days.
Only Mtn card allow for Payment
call.... 07030407370
you can whatsapp me
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by GEJfan1: 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
pekeyim:
Well now we can see how things are going,,, well APC has a lot of paided online supporters I won't be surprised when the lose they'll start crying foul. When President Jonathan is giving excess fresh air.
undecided fresh air blowing in baga abi?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by GEJfan1: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
Firefire:
Eran iya undecided

Fellow Nigerians,

Do not be carried away by all this media noises of APC.

The solution to Nigeria remains with Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

angry angry grin

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
vicadex07:
To be sincere, even if PDP rigs, they will still fail woefully. The only PDP supporters I know are online and most of them are "PAID". Am sure even most of the paid PDP agents with conscience will still go ahead and vote GMB
Firefire & 60% of Phockphockman will grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
God bless mr thompson! Shame on d clueless kleptos again! #change2015 is inevitable!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by brutef0rce101: 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
Firefire:
Eran iya undecided

Fellow Nigerians,

A shameless man that sold his consciense for crumb. Awon omo e abi e lojo waju. Barawo

3 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by GEJfan1: 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
kepal99:
where other
for immunization.
imprisonment- shame.
himself
Nigeria.
association.
isn't the answer!
Youths. Pls Share
undecided stale. Try sumfin new

3 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by axum: 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
dcaliph:
Good one sir,

IF YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF KEYS AND ONE KEY COULDN‘T OPEN THE DOOR, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

CHANGE it.

GEJ/PDP CAN‘T OPEN THE DOOR OF PROSPERITY, COME FEBUHARI 14,

WE

WILL

CHANGE

IT.

SAI BUHARI
SAI OSINBAJO
SAI CHANGE

Have you guys considered the ramifications of an Islamic State?

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by baybeeboi: 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
argon500:
Mr. Thompson said he has forgiven the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and will firmly support him in the forthcoming presidential election.
argon500:
I want to say categorically that Buhari as the head of state at the time,
didn’t order the detention of Mr. Tunde Thompson and Nduka
Irabor.
argon500:
He said time has healed any grudge he had against Mr. Buhari adding that he believed that Mr. Buhari arrested them because
he was misled.
now why talking about forgiving and putting grudges aside if he never really sent you to jail?

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by upcrown2512(m): 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
kepal99:
where other
for immunization.
imprisonment- shame.
himself
Nigeria.
association.
isn't the answer!
Youths. Pls Share
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Toosure70: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
TAN, I pity una. Even GEJ wil vote for GMB come next election

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by axum: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
WHERE IS PURPLETULIPS?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by gebest: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
That is why Gov'r Aliyu of Niger state decided to repent and become a pastor in the Redeemed church because dont want to be jail by his brother GMB.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by CODEEATER(m): 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hmmmm...is it just me or has NL become PRO APC...

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by pendusky(m): 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
dcaliph:
Good one sir,

IF YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF KEYS AND ONE KEY COULDN‘T OPEN THE DOOR, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

CHANGE it.

GEJ/PDP CAN‘T OPEN THE DOOR OF PROSPERITY, COME FEBUHARI 14,

WE

WILL

CHANGE

IT.

SAI BUHARI
SAI OSINBAJO
SAI CHANGE

For what shall it profit you to spend Al ur energy to write this and still congratulate GEJ come February 2015...

For I will vote for The devil I know than the Angel I don't know!

Tenk You!

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by ALISMILE(m): 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
HONEST LEADER. How can a former Head of State who earns 300 million Naira per annum, say he has no N27 Million to buy presidential nomination form? A very pertinent question, I must say. And as someone who believes in knowing the truth before acting, I took my enquiry to the Nigerian ministry of finance and this was the response I got: Yes, it is true, All heads of states collect on the average 23 million Naira every month, apart from General Muhammadu Buhari. He (General Buhari) objected to collecting most of the allowances,insisting they were bogus and therefore amount to corruption. He personally wrote a letter to the ministry to that effect. As a result he collected only N2.3M a month equivalent of 10% of what he is entitled, which he believes is his legitimate earnings!! Imagine how honest this man is!! May God give us the wisdom to accept reality. Please let's vote wisely, we need a leader that can fight corruption. Buhari is that leader.Investigation also has it on authority that he is the only one amongst past presidents who returns his car after a 4 year cycle for a replacement as required. Others get the new and keep the old. Share with Nigerians.This is a campaign material please pass on and share within your circle of influence if you align with operation CHANGE....#VoteCHANGE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by kepal99(m): 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
ayoola2002:

Fooool.
#GMB
. U don't have to be stupid. I never forced U 2 quote me and I never insulted you. You want change, change urself first
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Firefire(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
berem:
God forbid!

Sai Buhari o!

Madam change your way.

God forbid that Buhari becomes the President of this country, Olorun ma je!
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by purpletulips(f): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
axum:
WHERE IS PURPLETULIPS?
hmmm
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by upcrown2512(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
JONATHAN NEXT CAMPAIGNS SPEECH

They stole in millions, we steal in billions
They built refineries, we import fuel
They built national reserve, we squander the reserve
They buy a dollar around 100 naira, we shoot it up to 186
They jail someone for trying to travel with 1500£, my wife now carry $20 million abroad
They tarnished national image, we destroy it
They didn't promise u light, we promised and failed
They built telecommunications, we abandoned it
They caught corrupt leaders and put them in prison, we catch them and let them go
Some don't pay subsidy, some of them paid subsidy in billions, we pay in trillion
They made our soldiers win insurgence, we make them run for insurgence
They declared their asset, we don't declared ours by example

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by axum: 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
purpletulips:
hmmm

Are you prepared my dear?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by sunny4life(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
axum:

The way som pple reason ehh......if buhari did not islamize Nigeria during his military regime,is it in a democratic dispensation he will do dat? GMB all the way joor.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by ALISMILE(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
axum:

With a Pastor as d Vice President of d Islamic State?Story for d gods!

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by samplegirl(f): 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
Tunde Thompson said Buhari jailed him because he was misled. What this means is that the cluless one is Buhari who gets misled because of his low IQ.

And the old man is now backing who jails people after being misled. So all the people Buhari jailed are not corrupt but victims os consequenses.

First he did not order the arrest. Second he was misled. The two add up?

Na waa ooo the way we reason sef. Only God knows how much he has collected.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by michealade(m): 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
Firefire:
Eran iya undecided

Fellow Nigerians,

who is dis one?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Firefire(m): 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=brutef0rce101 post=29699568]

A shameless man that sold his consciense for crumb. Awon omo e abi e lojo waju. Barawo[/quote

General brutef0rce101, kini se temi tire? Won bi sorin mo e ja ni?

Get behind me undecided

Eyin Omo Odua, efi ibo yin gbe Ogbeni Goodluck Jonathan ati Jimi Agbaje Wole ni idibo tonbo.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Reference(m): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
Well Mr. Thompson this is a double-edged sword that may just become a tin opener to some pandoras box. Of course it is good and right to forgive but in Nigeria that is often what people lament about. That people do all sorts of things here and time simply erodes the evidence, the facts and the will to act in seeking redress. That it has been the singular factor responsible for recycling leadership and preventing the establishment of institutions.

Are you saying that in 30years all the 'sins' of the present administration be forgiven and GEJ be given another shot at leadership. We know that because this is a nascent democracy and the paucity of competent candidates has thrust Buhari on us but we also stand to risk it all if we cannot found principles now. It will certainly promote or sustain one form of impunity or the other.

Finally, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia and a couple of other Latin American countries passed through similar situation, brutal military dictatorships that violated on the platform of nationalism and patriotism. Though they felt they were doing the right, their societies have not forgiven them and even today 40, even 50 years later, many are still going to jail.

It may not be our desire to see this because we have this x-factor that continues to plague our polity, society and country. That is, we are never, never, ever spoilt for choices. Rather we are always, always between and betwix having to choose the lesser of two evils. Always managing leadership.... Why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / Tanker Accident @iyana Ipaja (pix) / I Need Oshiomhole's Services In Abuja- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.