Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:54 AM

Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson (33890 Views)

Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / Buhari Must Start By Jailing Thieves –kokori / Buhari Will Have To Beg Fela For Jailing Him — Yeni Kuti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by axum: 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
ALISMILE:
With a Pastor as d Vice President of d Islamic State?Story for d gods!

I beg to wager their is a good reason why God has kept that man (Buhari) from the Presidency twice already. grin
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Bashirfuntua(m): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
kepal99:
* I have never seen any school built in his name.
* I have never seen any borehole constructed by him.
* There is no record of any scholarship
awarded by him or for him nor through him.
* I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass
for any charitable work nor any humanitarian
effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge
where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign
for immunization.
* No single text book has been donated to any school
either by him, for him or through him. Little wonder
he sentenced a seasoned professor to 100 yrs
imprisonment- shame.
* Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved
himself
since his exit from office.
* No book written, no memoirs, no lectures,
nothing. Little wonder he sentenced a seasoned
professor to 100 yrs imprisonment- shame.
* The only thing of note he can point to are his
numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
* He never champion for a university in his state nor
has he ever been involved in any kind of programme
to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura.
* His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful
development in Daura, yet they say he can change
Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again?
* No wonder he was referred to as being
''perpetually unelectable''.
* He is not a patron to any organization, group or
association.
* No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited
him for their lecture, convention or gala night.
* The only time any known form, body or human
assemblage ever chose him to do
anything for them was when the Boko Haram
terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in
the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. He recently
joined twitter because of elections.
At 72 what does he have to offer?
I need change, we all need change but Gen Buhari
isn't the answer!
If Buhari presidential election, na big slap on Naija
Youths. Pls Share
DO YOU MEAN IJAW YOUTH.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by michealade(m): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
CODEEATER:
Hmmmm...is it just me or has NL become PRO APC...
it is just you....baba
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by 4four(m): 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
Is not all abt I like GMB or GEj but I u wit ur passport ( PVC)? grin cheesy
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by zoomzoom(m): 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
Crocz:

They probably won't even read...bunch of lazy clueless people they are grin

Maybe so,...but curiously,I can't but also notice that other "people" seemed more in charge than him..so much so that he couldn't even reverse the decision of the NSO boss even with the deafening noise it generated then..it was either idiagbon,NSO BOSS or one other obscure person but never him.Even when he was in charge of PTF..He also abdicated his duties to a consultant(curiously called A PC) DO YOU SEE A PATTERN HERE ..just saying.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by brutef0rce101: 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=29699937][/quote]

....until you repent. Support your master but stop your hypocrisy.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Crocz(m): 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
zoomzoom:

Maybe so,...but curiously,I can't but also notice that other "people" seemed more in charge than him..so much so that he couldn't even reverse the decision of the NSO boss even with the deafening noise it generated then..it was either idiagbon,NSO BOSS or one other obscure person but never him.Even when he was in charge of PTF..He also abdicated his duties to a consultant(curiously called A PC) DO YOU SEE A PATTERN HERE ..just saying.
It's called plausible deniability cheesy
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Jesusloveyou: 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Have you noticed that all the people that were imprisoned during the regime of Buhari that have spoken out since his planned return to be President, have nothing against him?
and d prince of dis world found nothing in buhari,ekwueme wil even vote for change 2015.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by upcrown2512(m): 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
Where are you from.
Move around Nigeria Federal Polytechnic and Federal University.
You will see Lecture theater and boldly written on it PTF
You will see a Mercedes Buses and it's boldly written on it PTF.
If you have been around in Nigeria roads watch out for a pillar it's boldly written on it PTF.
Courtesy of GMB.
OR
You can ask or Google it

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by DrDee1(m): 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
Wake up!!! Speak for yourself and make sure you update your dumb brain like ur alreading crashing GEJ...who is tunde Thompson? we ain't heard of him.
and all these things he's mentioning we ain't heard of it either.

His opinion might still be valid though[/quote]
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by DrDee1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
Wake up!!! Speak for yourself and make sure you update your dumb brain like ur alreading crashing GEJ
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by lacosanostra: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Mr Thompson said the NSO acted unilaterally, that it was not Buhari or Idiagbon that ordered their arrest, so what did Buhari do during the prosecution or he was kept out the loop. This might just give credence that Buhari was the figure head and Idiagbon was the real deal.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by zoomzoom(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
shachris03:

GEJ and his cohorts should find another lie to tell. Ekwueme and Thompson down. I so don't want to be PDP image launderers now.

cool You can't stop a moving train. Try and it would crush you.

So GMB couldn't reverse the orders of his NSO BOSS?..He surely wouldn't claim ignorance as it was one of the celebrated cases amongst others of GMB's short tenure...or he was in agreement with his NSO BOSS.Pray tell,how come someone else is also to be blamed when GMB is in charge?..juxtapose this also to his tenure as PTF BOSS and the unaccounted 21billion.Is that whom we should put in charge in this our economic downturn?...oh!!! My bad.I forgot he said he will stabilize the global oil price.. shocked
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by ALISMILE(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
axum:

I beg to wager their is a good reason why God has kept that man (Buhari) from the Presidency twice already. grin
What about Abraham Lincoln who contested trice and lost and won d fourth time? Infact GMB is d Abraham Lincoln of our time!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by ALISMILE(m): 5:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
zoomzoom:

So GMB couldn't reverse the orders of his NSO BOSS?..He surely wouldn't claim ignorance as it was one of the celebrated cases amongst others of GMB's short tenure...or he was in agreement with his NSO BOSS.Pray tell,how come someone else is also to be blamed when GMB is in charge?..juxtapose this also to his tenure as PTF BOSS and the unaccounted 21billion.Is that whom we should put in charge in this our economic downturn?...oh!!! My bad.I forgot he said he will stabilize the global oil price.. shocked
Why re u nw crying more than d bereaved? YES that's d man we want!
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by muh4lyf(m): 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
koikoi2:
Each time I read d comments of some NLs I feel like weeping. These set of ppl can be compared to d Biblical Israelites who kept complaining to Moses dat dey want to return to Egypt.

Buhari 's govt can only enslave us and take us back to bondage.

Let us be wise and say NO to Buhari with our votes.
Your comments says a lot about you. Pls where has the GEJ led government lead us to. I'd like a swift answer....

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by shadelek(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
Aigipan:

So since boko Haram is active in Cameroon , Chad and Niger,

Do you think Buhari is trying to make those countries ungovernable with blood soaked in dog and baboon so that he can be president of 4 countries at the same time?

Thanks in advance
What I really mean is that gej has nothing to gain from these killings and it is certain that his enemies are behind it. Something is fishing sha. I don't really support these killings but at the same time, he can't be happy about it
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by porka: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
So how much did they pay Tunde Thompson this time?

Someone's government jailed you for doing your job as a journalist, you excused him.

Because he didn't order the jailing personally.

Then he came out to say you demanded for bribe from his government which they refused to give you, claiming that was the reason you wrote what you wrote.

You wanted to reply him but you didn't, because "time heals all wounds".

How much did they settle you this time Oga Tunde?

Your reputation is now on the line, being threatened by your tacit admission as a serial blackmailer.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
Aigipan:
Another TANoid #FAIL grin

Team GMB

Na waooo...this cap has suddenly become synonymous with GMB...
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Datruggedman: 5:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
40 days to presidential elections. If you're voting
remember this factors;
1. The chibok Girls
2. NNPC Scam
3. Police pension fund
4. Missing 20Billion
5. $9million Arms deal
6. Bomb Blasts
7. Immigration job scam
8. Petroleum pump price
9. Devaluation of Naira
10. Oil theft
11. Power outage
12. Selling of Nepa
13. Selling of Refineries
14. Skyrocketed Nepa Bills
15. ASUU & poly Strike
16. Doctors Strike
17. National Assembly tragedy
19. Stella's oduah Aviation Scam
20. Kerosene subsidy 21. Insurgency. Pls vote wisely!

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by M4gunners: 5:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
Baba don't worry the jails are still open. Du wurde bald wieder verhaftet.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
shadelek:

What I really mean is that gej has nothing to gain from these killings and it is certain that his enemies are behind it. Something is fishing sha. I don't really support these killings but at the same time, he can't be happy about it
broda he has somtin to gain because if d state of emagency was extended in d northeast election may hav aswel b postponed on dis Guise hence gej would remain in office because he has constitutional backin. dis is why gej has allowd bokoharam to hav it their way
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Wahala90: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
Clearly, each of the two presidential candidates have his weakness. However, we need a change for Nigeria to move forward. Which change is more feasible:
A. Jonathan changing his style of leadership and becoming more competent
B. Buhari changing his religion or the ideals of his religion to make Nigeria a safe single entity
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by crownfowler: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
In Military regime there is no freedom of speech but democracy there is freedom of speech............ Why some people now accused buhari doing that as a military president. If u are giving the opportunity to b a military president, u will do more and more of that......
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
too much oily soup. what else.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Wahala90: 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
Datruggedman:
40 days to presidential elections. If you're voting
remember this factors;
1. The chibok Girls
2. NNPC Scam
3. Police pension fund
4. Missing 20Billion
5. $9million Arms deal
6. Bomb Blasts
7. Immigration job scam
8. Petroleum pump price
9. Devaluation of Naira
10. Oil theft
11. Power outage
12. Selling of Nepa
13. Selling of Refineries
14. Skyrocketed Nepa Bills
15. ASUU & poly Strike
16. Doctors Strike
17. National Assembly tragedy
19. Stella's oduah Aviation Scam
20. Kerosene subsidy 21. Insurgency. Pls vote wisely!

[size=13pt]All that you have mentioned combined together can not be as dangerous to Nigeria's existence as the problem caused by religious extremism. Buhari is dangerous to Nigeria's safety, security and unity. Only a fool can't see this.[/size]

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by MabraO: 5:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
I can remember vividly 2011 wen clueless GEJ was contesting for president. All post on NL was about him... Right from NL u would dumb GEJ has already won.

But 2015 is a different ball game.
Nd PDP knows dey be lost
They just fight a lost battle.

Change is wot we need.
Even if whoever is contesting isn't up to task. We just need someone else. Am tired of hearing GEJ cluelessness

Jonathan must go!!!
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Salihu00(m): 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
change is an agent of development , no society can progress without a change. wise up my country people.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by jeje123(m): 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
juman:
One nigeria is the root problem of this country.

Military governments ruled with decree and yet failed woefully.
What is he talking about now?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by blasterman(m): 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nigerians r the problem with Nigeria. It doesn't matter who is I'm charge 80% chance he is corrupt.

Maybe we shd try a female presideNt

Not recycled leaders

God help Nigeria because it's future doesn't look bright
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by vicadex07(m): 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
pekeyim:
Well now we can see how things are going,,, well APC has a lot of paided online supporters I won't be surprised when the lose they'll start crying foul. When President Jonathan is giving excess fresh air.

Lol...what do u mean "Paided". grin

Vote GMB for free and quality education.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Wahala90: 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
MabraO:
I can remember vividly 2011 wen clueless GEJ was contesting for president. All post on NL was about him... Right from NL u would dumb GEJ has already won.

But 2015 is a different ball game.
Nd PDP knows dey be lost
They just fight a lost battle.

Change is wot we need.
Even if whoever is contesting isn't up to task. We just need someone else. Am tired of hearing GEJ cluelessness

Jonathan must go!!!

[size=14pt]
Mumu advocate. Keep quiet. Has Buhari ever succeeded in anything since he left Aso Rock?
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cargo Plane Lands In Abuja With IDPs $1.3million Worth Of Supplies - Photo / Kano & The Palace Is Your Home —Emir Of Kano Thanks Peter Obi For His Visit / Man On Solidarity Trek To Honour Buhari , Declared Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.