Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson (33504 Views)

Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / Buhari Must Start By Jailing Thieves –kokori / Buhari Will Have To Beg Fela For Jailing Him — Yeni Kuti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Datruggedman: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
blasterman:
Nigerians r the problem with Nigeria. It doesn't matter who is I'm charge 80% chance he is corrupt.

Maybe we shd try a female presideNt

Not recycled leaders

God help Nigeria because it's future doesn't look bright
ur galfrnd or wife knws abt dis,true or false?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by jeje123(m): 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
Crocz:
The man spent JUST a year in jail...I think we can all forgive that. What I cannot forgive is BH bombing churches under Jona's watch, my money becoming worthless day by day and nobody is doing anything 'bout it and I'm still burning fuel to light my house angry

6years!..6 f*cking good years and WE are so very grateful that he revived our railway with Train model of which was last used in Mumbai in 60s, are we not?
I wud ave say sorry but its affecting me as well Lets Vote Wisely #TeamChange# chai FeBuhari around d corner!
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by samuelson06(m): 6:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
Firefire:
Eran iya undecided

Fellow Nigerians,

Do not be carried away by all this media noises of APC.

The solution to Nigeria remains with Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

Lies from the pit of hell. For 6 years, all his development agenda has been suffering and you want to tell us that we still need Jonathan as President. Thank God he knows the game has change now. You and him can only tell that to fools.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by 989900: 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
As much as there are flaws to be seen in both the President and the General, I can't fathom how anyone who says he loves this country would call IBB his father.#shameonyoumrpresident.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by aimuan(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Crocz:
The man spent JUST a year in jail...I think we can all forgive that. What I cannot forgive is BH bombing churches under Jona's watch, my money becoming worthless day by day and nobody is doing anything 'bout it and I'm still burning fuel to light my house angry

6years!..6 f*cking good years and WE are so very grateful that he revived our railway with Train model of which was last used in Mumbai in 60s, are we not?
lol,funny ypu
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by pekeyim: 6:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
vicadex07:

Lol...what do u mean "Paided". grin

Vote GMB for free and quality education.

Thanks it was actually a typo.
Btw I have my SSCE certificate, where is Buhari's?

How can you improve what you do not have?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by mechanics(m): 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=argon500 post=29696225][/quote] dats rite, Buhari has my vote.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
Reference:
Well Mr. Thompson this is a double-edged sword that may just become a tin opener to some pandoras box. Of course it is good and right to forgive but in Nigeria that is often what people lament about. That people do all sorts of things here and time simply erodes the evidence, the facts and the will to act in seeking redress. That it has been the singular factor responsible for recycling leadership and preventing the establishment of institutions.

Are you saying that in 30years all the 'sins' of the present administration be forgiven and GEJ be given another shot at leadership. We know that because this is a nascent democracy and the paucity of competent candidates has thrust Buhari on us but we also stand to risk it all if we cannot found principles now. It will certainly promote or sustain one form of impunity or the other.

Finally, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia and a couple of other Latin American countries passed through similar situation, brutal military dictatorships that violated on the platform of nationalism and patriotism. Though they felt they were doing the right, their societies have not forgiven them and even today 40, even 50 years later, many are still going to jail.

It may not be our desire to see this because we have this x-factor that continues to plague our polity, society and country. That is, we are never, never, ever spoilt for choices. Rather we are always, always between and betwix having to choose the lesser of two evils. Always managing leadership.... Why?

If I was right beside you as I read this, I'd kiss and hug you!
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by aimuan(m): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
Crocz:

Lol,funny you.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Oluabayomi1(m): 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote
author=Crocz post=29697552]The man spent JUST a year in jail...I think
we can all forgive that. What I cannot forgive is BH bombing churches
under Jona's watch, my money becoming worthless day by day and nobody is
doing anything 'bout it and I'm still burning fuel to light my house
angry

6years!..6 f*cking good years and WE are so very grateful that he
revived our railway with Train model of which was last used in Mumbai in
60s, are we not?[/quote]
What I can not forgive is Buhari making ds country ungovernable for GEJ as promised.
If he eventually win d Feb 14 n knows something about d calamities dt ve befell us so far as a country,he ll know no peace while in office n d Almighty God ll make ds country ungovernable for him too,amen
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Eziachi: 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
Am proven right again.
How many times did I said in the past that it was Rafindadi that clamped most people into jail under decree 2 and 4 and Buhari personally?
That does not absolve Buhari from taking responsibility of what happened because it happened under the government he headed. But it's good to set facts straight.

And what does this tell you about Jonathan and his advisers. You went in front of the world to dispense an inaccurate information, only for the actual victim to come out and debunk your claim.

That's embarrassing.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Orikinla(m): 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
dcaliph:
Good one sir,

IF YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF KEYS AND ONE KEY COULDN‘T OPEN THE DOOR, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

CHANGE it.

GEJ/PDP CAN‘T OPEN THE DOOR OF PROSPERITY, COME FEBUHARI 14,

WE

WILL

CHANGE

IT.

SAI BUHARI
SAI OSINBAJO
SAI CHANGE
1000 Likes.
[size=18pt]Only witches and wizards and demonic people don't want Nigeria to change from the present woes.
For Christ sake, over 40 million jobless Nigerians are suffering under GEJ.
When Buhari was head of state, Igbo businesses were flourishing in northern Nigeria and when the Boko Haram of that era surfaced, Buhari crushed the terrorists and secured the lives and properties of Igbos.
GEJ has failed woefully as head of state and Commander-in-Chief and making excuses for his failures. His lack of administrative accountability is the worst in the history of modern Nigeria. And he tells lies without shame. Beware of a leader who cannot honour and keep his world. He has been in office for 6 years and still flip-flopping in his corrupt and incompetent paddy-paddy government of political conceit and deceit.

Read what Cardinal Okogie said below.

[size=14pt]Jonathan Should Learn From History, Forget 2nd Term, Cardinal Okojie Warns Again[/size]

Former Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie, has again advised President Goodluck Jonathan to forget about a second term in office because he does not deserve it.

Former Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie, has again advised President Goodluck Jonathan to forget about a second term in office because he does not deserve it.

Speaking with SaharaReporters late yesterday from Nigeria, the retired cardinal, a founding member and former leader of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), recalled a conversation he had with Mr. Jonathan while he was still deputy. According to him, when the president asked him for prayers, he had insisted that Mr. Jonathan should first specify his prayer intentions. He said the president seemed at first shocked, but reluctantly revealed that he intended to run for office again.
Disclosing that the encounter happened in the presence of four other people, Cardinal Okojie said he told Jonathan that he could win but would not govern peacefully.

The cardinal, who was known for his fiery outspokenness against both abusive and corrupt military dictatorships as well as corrupt elected officials, stated that Mr. Jonathan was surrounded by sycophants who keep misleading him. Describing the recent formal adoption of Mr. Jonathan as the sole candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as dangerous, the prelate urged the president to look at Nigeria’s history and see what has happened to sole party candidates in the past.

Turning his attention to CAN, Cardinal Okojie said the religious organization had become bastardized. He accused the group’s former leader, Reverend Sunday Mbang, of turning CAN it into an appendage of President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration. Even so, he added that whatever Mbang did pales into insignificance compared with what Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, CAN’s current leader, has done with the organization.Asked if he was troubled by recent attacks on him by some hirelings of President Jonathan and Oritsejafor, Cardinal Okojie dismissed them. He added that, having been to the frontline during the Nigerian civil war as a chaplain, verbal attacks did not bother him in the least.
~ http://www.cmac-ng.org/jonathan-should-learn-history-forget-2nd-term-card.php
[/size]

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by aresa: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
theV0ice:
this is interesting. GEJ has been using it as political capital. He even went as far as claiming Umaru Dikko as his father just to get point to campaign for GMB with cheesy

Even Ekwueme had nothing bad to say about GMB in his recent interview but praised him for dealing with maitatsine crisis that reared its head again in 1984.

good on you mr Thompson. What is plaguing this country today is worse than whatever happened in 1984

Straight to the point. This is what the dullard doesn't understand.

Nigerians are not in any kind of mood for him and his 6 years of incompetence, institutional corruption, lawlessness and impunity, divisive ways and bigotry...

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Eziachi: 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
Thousands of people were imprisoned by Buhari, many died without having a chance. Thousands fled and live on exile. Its scary to know such a dictator seeks to be President of the country, and the f00ls are forgiving him.
Now you know more than Irabo himself that Buhari did not put him in jail?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by macof(m): 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
doctokwus:
No matter what they do to tarnish his image,all reasonable people know GMB is the messiah Nigeria needs at this point in time.Another 4yrs of GEJ wud b a nightmare Nigeria maynot come out of.
For a man like Tunde Thompson, despite his incarceration during GMB reign to still come out in full support of his presidency, shows the depth of belief in the buhari project.
Its well with u sir.To forgive they say is divine and with millions of like minded people like u,we wud all ensure that this country is rescued from the abyss the disgusting misrule of gej has seen it thru,come Feb 14.

Let's examine this..

What is the promise of buhari that he has now become ur Messiah?
What plans does he have for Nigerians?
What has he achieved for Nigerians, in what way has he helped Nigerians?

But he is a Messiah? Seriously?! Are we this illiterate in Nigeria?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by macof(m): 7:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
theV0ice:
this is interesting. GEJ has been using it as political capital. He even went as far as claiming Umaru Dikko as his father just to get point to campaign for GMB with cheesy

Even Ekwueme had nothing bad to say about GMB in his recent interview but praised him for dealing with maitatsine crisis that reared its head again in 1984.

good on you mr Thompson. What is plaguing this country today is worse than whatever happened in 1984

The major thing plaguing Nigeria is insurgency...this still is a factor because The army lacks equipments Buhari failed to develop and saw to ruin in 80s, now GEJ is building and morons want to call buhari a Messiah
What has buhari achieved pls tell us?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by aresa: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
macof:

Let's examine this..

What is the promise of buhari that he has now become ur Messiah?
1. What plans does he have for Nigerians?
What has he achieved for Nigerians, in what way has he helped Nigerians?

But he is a Messiah? Seriously?! 2. Are we this illiterate in Nigeria?

Manifestos is what you read to find out the first highlight so you asked the second highlight because you did not read his manifesto.

If you really are not illiterate, read and comprehend his manifesto first before asking ignorant questions..
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by sammyj: 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
I am one of APC supporters and have never been to any APC meeting talk-less being paid anything!!! stay clear of the road from a moving train oooo my brother vote for change and reject the clueless one !!!
pekeyim:
Well now we can see how things are going,,, well APC has a lot of paid online supporters I won't be surprised when they lose they'll start crying foul.
When President Jonathan is giving excess fresh air.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by vicadex07(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
pekeyim:

Thanks it was actually a typo.
Btw I have my SSCE certificate, where is Buhari's?

How can you improve what you do not have?

So you mean an illiterate or semi literate father cannot successfully send his son to school?

I really don't get what the fuss is about this certificate issue
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by aresa: 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
vicadex07:

So you mean an illiterate or semi literate father cannot successfully send his son to school?

It's silly season with jobless and nothing better to talk about kind of people...

The fact that the current president with his zookeeper certificate still managed to destroy Nigeria with his crookedness, corruption and corruption friendly administration and official incompetence...

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by waistaa(f): 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
And dis GMB says he will end boko's insurgeny and stabilize oil price...d power lies in us to choose b/w d devil we knw (GEJ) and the angel we do not know(GMB)

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Truckpusher(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
Stockholm syndrome of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by aresa: 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
waistaa:
And dis GMB says he will end boko's insurgeny and stabilize oil price...d power lies in us to choose b/w d devil we knw (GEJ) and the angel we do not know(GMB)

Is it not foolish, idiotic, thoughtless and incompetent to still attach yourself to what you know is bad for you like you just asserted?

Where is the sense and wisdom in that brainless talk?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by celeron40(m): 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
kepal99:
* I have never seen any school built in his name.
* I have never seen any borehole constructed by him.
* There is no record of any scholarship
awarded by him or for him nor through him.
* I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass
for any charitable work nor any humanitarian
effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge
where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign
for immunization.
* No single text book has been donated to any school
either by him, for him or through him. Little wonder
he sentenced a seasoned professor to 100 yrs
imprisonment- shame.
* Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved
himself
since his exit from office.
* No book written, no memoirs, no lectures,
nothing. Little wonder he sentenced a seasoned
professor to 100 yrs imprisonment- shame.
* The only thing of note he can point to are his
numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
* He never champion for a university in his state nor
has he ever been involved in any kind of programme
to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura.
* His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful
development in Daura, yet they say he can change
Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again?
* No wonder he was referred to as being
''perpetually unelectable''.
* He is not a patron to any organization, group or
association.
* No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited
him for their lecture, convention or gala night.
* The only time any known form, body or human
assemblage ever chose him to do
anything for them was when the Boko Haram
terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in
the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. He recently
joined twitter because of elections.
At 72 what does he have to offer?
I need change, we all need change but Gen Buhari
isn't the answer!
If Buhari presidential election, na big slap on Naija
Youths. Pls Share
big slap on naija youths? What has this useless GEJ done for you? Share ko, divide ni.

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Sirwilliamz(m): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
kepal99:
* I have never seen any school built in his name.
* I have never seen any borehole constructed by him.
* There is no record of any scholarship
awarded by him or for him nor through him.
* I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass
for any charitable work nor any humanitarian
effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge
where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign
for immunization.
* No single text book has been donated to any school
either by him, for him or through him. Little wonder
he sentenced a seasoned professor to 100 yrs
imprisonment- shame.
* Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved
himself
since his exit from office.
* No book written, no memoirs, no lectures,
nothing. Little wonder he sentenced a seasoned
professor to 100 yrs imprisonment- shame.
* The only thing of note he can point to are his
numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
* He never champion for a university in his state nor
has he ever been involved in any kind of programme
to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura.
* His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful
development in Daura, yet they say he can change
Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again?
* No wonder he was referred to as being
''perpetually unelectable''.
* He is not a patron to any organization, group or
association.
* No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited
him for their lecture, convention or gala night.
* The only time any known form, body or human
assemblage ever chose him to do
anything for them was when the Boko Haram
terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in
the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. He recently
joined twitter because of elections.
At 72 what does he have to offer?
I need change, we all need change but Gen Buhari
isn't the answer!
If Buhari presidential election, na big slap on Naija
Youths. Pls Share
hit Like if u dislike above quoted comment. #GMB4CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by blasterman(m): 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Datruggedman:
ur galfrnd or wife knws abt dis,true or false?

Buhari is even slower than ya radua idk where young Nigerians r getting the idea that Buhari is a good alternative.

Nigerians r only wise when it comes to fraud and corruption
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by theV0ice: 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
macof:

The major thing plaguing Nigeria is insurgency...this still is a factor because The army lacks equipments Buhari failed to develop and saw to ruin in 80s, now GEJ is building and morons want to call buhari a Messiah
What has buhari achieved pls tell us?

and you think the guns "buhari didn't buy in 1984 is the reason for jonathan's security failures of 2014"? what kind of weapons bought in 1984 can stand the efficiency of the modern weapons boko haram use today?

do you know how silly this thought is when you remember that the nigerian army carried out successful military campaigns in liberia and sierraleone in the 1990s. what weapons did the army use in those mega campaigns?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by MabraO: 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
Wahala90:

[size=14pt]
Mumu advocate. Keep quiet. Has Buhari ever succeeded in anything since he left Aso Rock?
[/size]

U can call me wot ever names u want. I don't give a rat azz
U nd I know GEJ is clueless nd dumb.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by pekeyim: 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
vicadex07:

The fuss is that, If he doesn't have SSCE or equivalent then how did he enter the Army?

It means he must have forged something which is an offence too.

If you are corrupt u can't fight corruption completely.

Note - I used "If"
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by sam4(m): 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Fellow Nigerians, it's high time we come together and frown at corrupt leaders in our
dear
country. Let us as a matter of fact avoid prejudice in this forth coming election. To All
Christians, never be deceived by the propaganda of someone planning to Islamize our
dear
country. Vote the right man who has shown discipline in All the various capacity he has
served in the past. Flash back to the Bible, God used king Cyrus to build his house in
Jerusalem, restoration of stolen ornaments to the house of the lord and so on.
Availability is
highly essential to God. #ThinkBuhari#
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by notoriousbabe: 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
ONE HONEST LEADER.
How can a former Head of State who earns 300 million
Naira per annum, say he has no N27 Million to buy
presidential nomination form? A very pertinent
question, I must say. And as someone who believes in
knowing the truth before acting, I took my enquiry to
the Nigerian ministry of finance and this was the
response I got: Yes, it is true, All heads of states collect
on the average 23 million Naira every month, apart
from General Muhammadu Buhari. He (General Buhari)
objected to collecting most of the allowances,insisting
they were bogus and therefore amount to corruption.
He personally wrote a letter to the ministry to that
effect. As a result he collected only N2.3M a month
equivalent of 10% of what he is entitled, which he
believes is his legitimate earnings!! Imagine how
honest this man is!! May God give us the wisdom to
accept reality. Please let's vote wisely, we need a
leader that can fight corruption. Buhari is that leader.
Investigation also has it on authority that he is the only
one amongst past presidents who returns his car after
a 4 year cycle for a replacement as required. Others get
the new and keep the old. Share with Nigerians.
This is a campaign material please pass on and share
within your circle of influence if you align with
operation CHANGE.... #Vote CHANGE....otherwise, feel
free to ignore it
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by k4kings(m): 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
dcaliph:
Good one sir,

IF YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF KEYS AND ONE KEY COULDN‘T OPEN THE DOOR, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

CHANGE it.

GEJ/PDP CAN‘T OPEN THE DOOR OF PROSPERITY, COME FEBUHARI 14,

WE

WILL

CHANGE

IT.

SAI BUHARI
SAI OSINBAJO
SAI CHANGE
Prosperity doesn't come from no man but God. He alone can make u prosper so stop blaming GEJ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard / Fashola And Sanwo-olu Commissions Power Project In Lagos State. PICTURES. / Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.