Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson (33510 Views)

Lucy Bisi-onabanjo: ‘I Voted For Buhari Despite Jailing My Husband Because...' / Buhari Must Start By Jailing Thieves –kokori / Buhari Will Have To Beg Fela For Jailing Him — Yeni Kuti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by ibisko04: 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
vicadex07:
To be sincere, even if PDP rigs, they will still fail woefully. The only PDP supporters I know are online and most of them are "PAID". Am sure even most of the paid PDP agents with conscience will still go ahead and vote GMB
True talk, PDP has lost it totally.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by macof(m): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
theV0ice:

and you think the guns "buhari didn't buy in 1984 is the reason for jonathan's security failures of 2014"? what kind of weapons bought in 1984 can stand the efficiency of the modern weapons boko haram use today?

do you know how silly this thought is when you remember that the nigerian army carried out successful military campaigns in liberia and sierraleone in the 1990s. what weapons did the army use in those mega campaigns?

Building national sectors and such a sensitive one like military and defence is a long term project...what did those heads of state of the 80s and 90s do to develop the military in case of crises like we have now?
what weapons were we producing? what weapons did we buy?

What blame GEJ like he destroyed the system, he met it at a woeful state

oh!,pls military campaign to Liberia, like the campaign to Mali 2yrs ago?
How does that prove Nigeria had a strong military in the 90s? What weapons were we using?
Sending men to stand, watch and flex their little equipments isn't what am talking about
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by ibisko04: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
Oluabayomi1:

What I can not forgive is Buhari making ds country ungovernable for GEJ as promised.
If he eventually win d Feb 14 n knows something about d calamities dt ve befell us so far as a country,he ll know no peace while in office n d Almighty God ll make ds country ungovernable for him too,amen
Why are you thinking negatively mr man. it is over to the king on the throne to know how to handle his subjects. This is part of why the tide is against Mr Jonathan.
If a man promised you that your reign as a king will be distort and you are watching the man carrying out the treat, then you are not suitable to be a king.
President Jonathan with all the apparatus of state at his control have no body to blame for the insecurity in Nigeria today.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by kepal99(m): 9:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
celeron40:
big slap on naija youths? What has this useless GEJ done for you? Share ko, divide ni.
. What has GMB done for you?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by vicadex07(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
pekeyim:

The fuss is that, If he doesn't have SSCE or equivalent then how did he enter the Army?

It means he must have forged something which is an offence too.

If you are corrupt u can't fight corruption completely.

Note - I used "If"

But some people are forcefully conscripted to the army in times of war - qualifications or not. This is a normal thing that happens worldwide in almost every country.

I am not saying that's the case here cos I don't know, but it could be a possibility.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by pekeyim: 9:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
vicadex07:

But some people are forcefully conscripted to the army in times of war - qualifications or not. This is a normal thing that happens worldwide in almost every country.

I am not saying that's the case here cos I don't know, but it could be a possibility.

Well that's also a possibility, but if he doesn't have WAEC Or SSCE Certificate, it means he cannot run for the position. Because that's the minimum requirement.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by vicadex07(m): 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
pekeyim:

Well that's also a possibility, but if he doesn't have WAEC Or SSCE Certificate, it means he cannot run for the position. Because that's the minimum requirement.

Lol...I know that's what you're getting at. The constitution says Secondary school leaving certificate or its equivalent.

He has a diploma at the US war college which is even more than the said requirement. He has other educational qualifications though in the military, they can be said to be equivalent or higher than O - levels

Google this if you don't agree
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by theV0ice: 9:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
macof:

Building national sectors and such a sensitive one like military and defence is a long term project...what did those heads of state of the 80s and 90s do to develop the military in case of crises like we have now?
what weapons were we producing? what weapons did we buy?

What blame GEJ like he destroyed the system, he met it at a woeful state

oh!,pls military campaign to Liberia, like the campaign to Mali 2yrs ago?
How does that prove Nigeria had a strong military in the 90s? What weapons were we using?
Sending men to stand, watch and flex their little equipments isn't what am talking about

how far do you want us to go to find who to blame for gej's lack of weapons of today? 1960s? 1970s? 1980s?

jonathan became VP in 2007. is it too much to expect he and yarádua held meetings with the top army leaders to find out what deficiencies they had? or do we blame buhari for that failure as well? PDP has been in power 16 unbroken years. how much time do you need to plan? or we should blame buhari for that too?

i don't know how old you are but to sneer at the military efforts of that era shows how uninformed you are. abacha's army single handedly ended the civil war in sierra leone and installed a new president(Ahmed Tejan Kabah i think). that is not an army to sneer at. you'll look silly doing so. also if you think the weapons of that time were unworthy of a strong army, why blame the past leaders who didn't saddle gej with obsolete hardware? gej should buy the weapons fit for today's wars and stop blaming everybody for his own failings. the weapons of that era did the job they were meant to do and the whole world acknowledged it.

if gej's army failed in mali 2 years ago, it shows how low our army has truly fallen

1 Like

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by celeron40(m): 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
kepal99:
. What has GMB done for you?
Let him get der..the one that is der is a disaster..You can't keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. You think GEJ will work wonders? After squandering 5+ years? Keep dreamin bro.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Sharrap: 10:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
pekeyim:
Well now we can see how things are going,,, well APC has a lot of paid online supporters I won't be surprised when they lose they'll start crying foul.
When President Jonathan is giving excess fresh air.
from his anus abi?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by wazobiaN9(m): 11:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
Firefire:
Eran iya undecided

Fellow Nigerians,

Do not be carried away by all this media noises of APC.

The solution to Nigeria remains with Dr. Goodluck Jonathan.

May the solution to the crisis in your life remain with the man you mentioned.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Firefire(m): 11:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
wazobiaN9:

[s]May the solution to the crisis in your life remain with the man you mentioned. [/s]

who be this ?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by neocortex: 12:00am On Jan 12, 2015
"Stockholm syndrome" at work , that is when a victim start defending his attacker because of long period of punishment.

Say no to journalist jailing.

GEJ:PROGRESS
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 2:31am On Jan 12, 2015
If not for ur signature....be gone!
Firefire:
Eran iya undecided

Fellow Nigerians,

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Firefire(m): 2:37am On Jan 12, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
If not for ur signature....be gone!

What about my signature ?
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by kunlenkirol(m): 3:42am On Jan 12, 2015
There is no gainsaying the fact that GMD is the people's man. He is that change Nigerians need at this crucial time. The wind of change is blowing, I imploy the progressive minded people to tag along. We shall get it right this time around. Nigeria will be a toast of all nation with Buhari the president of our dear nation. GEJ has failed us, and he certainly not fit to paddle the canoe of this country again. He and his cronies have subverted our economy, they have mangled our heritage and they have draged our image as a respected and enviable nation to the mud. Are we going to allow these mauraders to come again, No, no! We shall oust them out come February 14, Gej shall be shown the way to Otuoke. After all, he once had no shoes but now we have done well by giving him assorted shoes. He should be grateful.
Buhari should be given the chance this time around. This is not a matter of religion, neither is it about ethnicity but its a matter that concerns all and sundry. G.M.D is our man o!!!
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Wahala90: 3:56am On Jan 12, 2015
MabraO:

U can call me wot ever names u want. I don't give a rat azz
U nd I know GEJ is clueless nd dumb.

He is far better than a religious extremist for a president. Ask worldwide.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Wahala90: 4:03am On Jan 12, 2015
kunlenkirol:
There is no gainsaying the fact that GMD is the people's man. He is that change Nigerians need at this crucial time. The wind of change is blowing, I imploy the progressive minded people to tag along. We shall get it right this time around. Nigeria will be a toast of all nation with Buhari the president of our dear nation. GEJ has failed us, and he certainly not fit to paddle the canoe of this country again. He and his cronies have subverted our economy, they have mangled our heritage and they have draged our image as a respected and enviable nation to the mud. Are we going to allow these mauraders to come again, No, no! We shall oust them out come February 14, Gej shall be shown the way to Otuoke. After all, he once had no shoes but now we have done well by giving him assorted shoes. He should be grateful.
Buhari should be given the chance this time around. This is not a matter of religion, neither is it about ethnicity but its a matter that concerns all and sundry. G.M.D is our man o!!!

After the elections, Buhari will be going to court while GEJ will be on seat. GEJonathan for life, until Buhari realises that he is among the old breed that destroyed Nigeria to this level
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by daniel2090: 5:14am On Jan 12, 2015
kepal99:
* I have never seen any school built in his name.
* I have never seen any borehole constructed by him.
* There is no record of any scholarship
awarded by him or for him nor through him.
* I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass
for any charitable work nor any humanitarian
effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge
where other
purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign
for immunization.
* No single text book has been donated to any school
either by him, for him or through him. Little wonder
he sentenced a seasoned professor to 100 yrs
imprisonment- shame.
* Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved
himself
since his exit from office.
* No book written, no memoirs, no lectures,
nothing. Little wonder he sentenced a seasoned
professor to 100 yrs imprisonment- shame.
* The only thing of note he can point to are his
numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station.
* He never champion for a university in his state nor
has he ever been involved in any kind of programme
to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura.
* His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful
development in Daura, yet they say he can change
Nigeria.
Doesn't charity begin at home again?
* No wonder he was referred to as being
''perpetually unelectable''.
* He is not a patron to any organization, group or
association.
* No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited
him for their lecture, convention or gala night.
* The only time any known form, body or human
assemblage ever chose him to do
anything for them was when the Boko Haram
terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in
the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. He recently
joined twitter because of elections.
At 72 what does he have to offer?
I need change, we all need change but Gen Buhari
isn't the answer!
If Buhari presidential election, na big slap on Naija
Youths. Pls Share
these were some of the things they sa8d about mandella and president ronald reagan at 70+ before ascendancy to presidency in their respective country, , both men were forces of positive changes in those country and generations to come are forever grateful to these country changers.now is the salvation of nigeria..miss it, and we may not recover for another 30yrssssssss
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by pekeyim: 5:19am On Jan 12, 2015
vicadex07:

Lol...I know that's what you're getting at. The constitution says Secondary school leaving certificate or its equivalent.

He has a diploma at the US war college which is even more than the said requirement. He has other educational qualifications though in the military, they can be said to be equivalent or higher than O - levels

Google this if you don't agree

Yes I understand that He has a Diploma, or even a Ph.D, But before You are admitted into these institutions there must be a minimum requirement which You must attain before entry. That's just my point.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by daniel2090: 5:28am On Jan 12, 2015
koikoi2:
Each time I read d comments of some NLs I feel like weeping. These set of ppl can be compared to d Biblical Israelites who kept complaining to Moses dat dey want to return to Egypt.

Buhari 's govt can only enslave us and take us back to bondage.

Let us be wise and say NO to Buhari with our votes.
if u may ask sir..which bondage exactly were u in during his time.......i am not referring to the one nigeria has been for 5yrs due the negligence of joe's duty as the c-in-c .ohhh..please try not to mention military minini, cos in military dispensation..things were always done in military ways....besides buhari is at present a democratratic presidential canditate accompanied by "rule of law personified"-the person of Osinbajo. .both has personality thats arbors stangnancy, , corruption with track records of intergrity.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by daniel2090: 5:40am On Jan 12, 2015
shadelek:

Why are you talking as if he is the one responsible for all the killings? Politics is more complicated than the way you sees it. Someone said he will return chibok girls that has gone missing for almost a year if he is voted as the president. Use your initiative and tell me who is behind those actions
if I remenber correcrly..joe made several similar categorical pronouncements about chibok babes being rescued...we were even decieved into believing by joe that a ceace fire agreement has been made..but as usual na propaganda., the ultimate weapon of joe.we are tired of these GI Joes turned cobra ...the Expendables are here to get things done and clean up dirts from nigers progressive pathway..even at the expence of their lives.
I see a new and better nigeria.vote wisely.vote for change
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by marjson(m): 5:42am On Jan 12, 2015
kepal99:
where other
for immunization.
imprisonment- shame.
himself
Nigeria.
association.
isn't the answer!
Youths. Pls Share

If this piece was written by you, I would have been happy. But U are just as clueless as what you wrote here. U just copy and paste jargons like your fellow illiterates.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by daniel2090: 5:48am On Jan 12, 2015
RotrEmmanuel:
useless quote.

try harder
u can not keep saying or rather keep doing the same thing every year and expecting different results.there is a game changer this year..and better results than the last 5yrs are guaranteed. lol.satisfied? I doubt it sir
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by daniel2090: 5:57am On Jan 12, 2015
CODEEATER:
Hmmmm...is it just me or has NL become PRO APC...
naaaaa.ur judgment is wrong about that.nairaland is a reflection of people's opinions. .their grievances. .their heartache s about everything, in context. .about the present dispensation that has performed way belowww average, and nairalands needs a change for better.most are not pro apc..they are pro-change.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by globatop: 7:37am On Jan 12, 2015
kepal99:
where other
for immunization.
imprisonment- shame.
himself
Nigeria.
association.
isn't the answer!
Youths. Pls Share

Going through all your points, do you know only money bags are appointed to donate, present lectures, finance projects and influence projects to their community? Majority of those who live fat on our common resources, they sat on our billions and dole thousands to us as if we are beggars. Nigerians should be taught how to fish rather than been given fish. Nigerians need modern infrastructural developments not withe washed obsolete projects from ur pay master. South easterners has rejected his 2nd Niger bridge, sub standard airport projects, while Lagos deserves better train service than the one provided, how many commuter can pay #750 for a one way trip within Lagos state going to work, remember minimum wage is just #600 per day.
Every supporter of GEJ should rather look back to what happened to industry vis-a-vis employment during Shagari regime in 1983, I believe those that were in the then Shagari regime have hijacked PDP plus their offspring which may include your very self. This is honest and personal opinion.

Hit like if you believe this points.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by kepal99(m): 7:54am On Jan 12, 2015
marjson:

If this piece was written by you, I would have been happy. But U are just as clueless as what you wrote here. U just copy and paste jargons like your fellow illiterates.
. Is that why you have to put your arrogancy on display?... Typical of an APCfreak... Think positivity, think Continuity
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by laykhorn(m): 8:55am On Jan 12, 2015
Firefire:

Eran iya undecided

Fellow Nigerians,

Have you got morals at all How silly can you be to call the mate of your Grandfather that for spitting the truth. And you're yoruba, arent you supposed to respect your elders? You must have sold your morality with your conscience.
Ode oshi
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by femliany(m): 9:04am On Jan 12, 2015
Does Madam Jonathan find it hard to speak her 'English' recenly?cos we need it now during this campaign now
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 12, 2015
Jona men, open una ears well well

Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by wazobiaN9(m): 9:29am On Jan 12, 2015
Firefire:

who be this ?

The beast in your nightmares.
Re: Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson by zheroes(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2015
kepal99:
where other
for immunization.
imprisonment- shame.
himself
Nigeria.
association.
isn't the answer!
Youths. Pls Share
may the God that you serve destine your life and that of your future generation the way nigeria is run now!!!! say amen!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why APC Lost In Rivers / Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable / "It's Not Over" - Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismisses Adeleke's Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.