Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? (2129 Views)

Why U Should Be Single / Ladies, The Smarter You Are, The More Likely You Are To Be Single? / How To Be Single And Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2015
So lately I have been getting funny comments from family, friends, colleague and so forth wondering why I am not taken or married at the moment! The worse part is they try to stylishly hook me up with people you would never catch me dating! Just last year alone! This happened

1. a colleague from church tried to hook me up with this girl! To me she was just a fine face and that's it! I turned that down fast.

2. My own parent tried to hook me up with some othergirl STYLISHLY! I shut that down too. She was too sensitive and far away from my type.

3. A relative from the village forcefully wanted me to meet this girl at some wedding and demanded that I come. I didn't go but I eventually met the girl. On site and after a 5 min convo....I knew I didn't want her!

4.i could go on and on and on! There's some more!

I believe the more people you date the stronger your standards should get! At this point!!! I have normal standards and I could be picky when it comes to character! I promised myself that I would never settle to please anyone other than myself.

My question is why do these people feel the need to try to link you up with someone and find it weird If you are single? Is it a crime in nigeria to be single among relatives and such? Its not like I have been single all my life and I am desperate!
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by elantraceey(f): 10:34am On Jan 12, 2015
That's naija's mentality for you.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by zyzxx(m): 10:37am On Jan 12, 2015
Nigeria and our palaba

been single is not a disease
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by delishpot: 10:39am On Jan 12, 2015
Imagine o. Being single is like a crime.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 10:40am On Jan 12, 2015
elantraceey:
That's naija's mentality for you.

I was afraid someone will say this! Is just sad that they never stop to thinking or asking why u are single in the First place. They just automatically believe u should NOT be single.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by jnrbayano(m): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2015
Someone gave birth to you, now is your turn to give back to the world.

Remember, legitmately smiley

....and "NO" it's not a crime to be single.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by zyzxx(m): 10:43am On Jan 12, 2015
the fact that you want to be single means u are selfish, coz u can not keep staying alone.

I don't believe in match making also.
Just try and get Some1 u can cope wit her character and u will be Apy.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by jingh(f): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2015
its nt a crime to be single

but you don't like this, you don't like that
which one you go now like
someone has to like you too even with your shortcoming

May God lead you to d right woman
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2015
zyzxx:
the fact that you want to be single means u are selfish, coz u can not keep staying alone.

I don't believe in match making also.
Just try and get Some1 u can cope wit her character and u will be Apy.

Hmmm! So making a decision not to settle for just anyone makes me selfish? Okay! Cool story.... grin
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2015
jingh:
its nt a crime to be single

but you don't like this, you don't like that
which one you go now like
someone has to like you too even with your shortcoming

May God lead you to d right woman

I am sure I will like someone...just not met her yet. smiley...and A M E N !!!
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by zyzxx(m): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2015
justmag:

Hmmm! So making a decision not to settle for just anyone makes me selfish? Okay! Cool story.... grin
u can not get a perfect woman no matter how u try, u only av to blend together
If u are waiting for d perfect woman not d right woman, u will be single for life and turn to a pole grin grin
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 10:58am On Jan 12, 2015
zyzxx:
u can not get a perfect woman no matter how u try, u only av to blend together
If u are waiting for d perfect woman not d right woman, u will be single for life and turn to a pole grin grin

I agree with u a 1000 percent! I am looking for miss right! That's all!.....I am NOT LOOKING FOR...Mrs Bleached skin! Mrs Sensitive!!!! Mrs alcoholic!!! Mrs Arrogant!!! Mrs Richie Rich and Too Proud!!! Mrs Tribalistic!!...and more. You get the picture,?? smiley
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by zyzxx(m): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2015
justmag:

I agree with u a 1000 percent! I am looking for miss right! That's all!.....I am NOT LOOKING FOR...Mrs Bleached skin! Mrs Sensitive!!!! Mrs alcoholic!!! Mrs Arrogant!!! Mrs Richie Rich and Too Proud!!! Mrs Tribalistic!!...and more. You get the picture,?? smiley
Yap.
Gudluck bro
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by Stanleysteno(m): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2015
My broda, its not a crime ooo, no because of pressure go carry babe whey u no gbadun ooo. Keep turning them down until u meet ur heart robber
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by yomi007k(m): 11:27am On Jan 12, 2015
justmag:

Nice one bro.
Don't mind nigerians, dey r always scared of ppl who do things differently.
Very soon dey will attribute ur being single as a spiritual problem. *Africa*
Well,I'm single n I've never been cooler.
My way works just fine.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 11:30am On Jan 12, 2015
Stanleysteno:
My broda, its not a crime ooo, no because of pressure go carry babe whey u no gbadun ooo. Keep turning them down until u meet ur heart robber

lmaoo @ heart robber. ...amen! Am patience.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by ShirelleBaby: 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2015
it is a CRIME for BROKE GUYS to be in a relationship.----they are the ones who deserve to be single so they can think peacefully on ways to be successful

And it is a CRIME for RICH SUCCESSFUL GUYS to be single--they deserve to be in a relationship so the world can be one less of a sad unmarried sister

cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
ShirelleBaby:
it is a CRIME for BROKE GUYS to be in a relationship.----they are the ones who deserve to be single so they can think peacefully on ways to be successful

And it is a CRIME for RICH SUCCESSFUL GUYS to be single--they deserve to be in a relationship so the world can be one less of a sad unmarried sister

smh!! Am gonna pray for u.. angry

cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

cheesy

smh....I am going to pray for u! angry
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by englishmart(m): 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mtscheew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by Justeenaleo(f): 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
Smh
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
Justeenaleo:
Smh

is it a crime?
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by Justeenaleo(f): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
justmag:

is it a crime?
Have you been arrested?
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by justmag(m): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
Justeenaleo:

Have you been arrested?

Yes! By relatives and friends! Dats the point of this post.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by chingydaboss(m): 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
grin cheesy grin > ;Dgot me cracking there..
Every1 deserves to b hapi regardless of material tinz..

Pple lyk u r so broke...
U hardly work to earn a living..(always parasiting)

No offence.. m more dan capable of taking care of u, Bt I will pass tongue
ShirelleBaby:

cheesy
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
jnrbayano:
Someone gave birth to you, now is your turn to give back to the world.

Remember, legitmately smiley

....and "NO" it's not a crime to be single.
You're very handsome.

@op be very fast in your decision and put up your pics so we can access you.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by Harmonyemerald(f): 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
justmag:
So lately I have been getting funny comments from family, friends, colleague and so forth wondering why I am not taken or married at the moment! The worse part is they try to stylishly hook me up with people you would never catch me dating! Just last year alone! This happened

1. a colleague from church tried to hook me up with this girl! To me she was just a fine face and that's it! I turned that down fast.

2. My own parent tried to hook me up with some othergirl STYLISHLY! I shut that down too. She was too sensitive and far away from my type.

3. A relative from the village forcefully wanted me to meet this girl at some wedding and demanded that I come. I didn't go but I eventually met the girl. On site and after a 5 min convo....I knew I didn't want her!

I believe the more people you date the stronger your standards should get! At this point!!! I have normal standards and I could be picky when it comes to character! I promised myself that I would never settle to please anyone other than myself.

My question is why do these people feel the need to try to link you up with someone and find it weird If you are single? Is it a crime in nigeria to be single among relatives and such? Its not like I have been single all my life and I am desperate!

beats me too. this xmas in the east was annoying because everyone kept asking me when i will call them to celebrate. they all have this mentality that once you are done with school as a lady, the next thing is marriage. i keep screaming within me, "hello, what happens to career". anyhoo, the point is that i haven't really seen any that i really like and until then people should learn to take a chill pill
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by jnrbayano(m): 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mmadukaku:

You're very handsome.

@op be very fast in your decision and put up your pics so we can access you.

Thanks babe
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by Justeenaleo(f): 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
justmag:

Yes! By relatives and friends! Dats the point of this post.
Are they (relatives and friends) all married or in a relationship? If yes then its normal, its not only in Nigeria that one gets pestered about that, it happens anywhere and everywhere,if no then they have no right, no dey make am sound like say na only in naija that kind thing dey happen, check am well ooo, maybe you sef dey block road for house
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by ShirelleBaby: 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
chingydaboss:
grin cheesy grin > ;Dgot me cracking there..
Every1 deserves to b hapi regardless of material tinz..

Pple lyk u r so broke...
U hardly work to earn a living..(always parasiting)

No offence.. m more dan capable of taking care of u, Bt I will pass tongue
Shut up

I wasn't talking to you.

It is a crime for u to be in a relationship
Oya hit ur headtongue
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by InZA: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
justmag:

Now that right there is a 10millon likes statement.
As much as we want to be individualistic, we can't but help the fact that societal expectations and pressure would always be an issue and unfortunately, very many people fall prey to these expectations and end up settling for way less than they should or deserve. Chronologically, I'm at a stage of my life where I can't even afford to start "testing the waters" by dating different girls, psychologically it's even too draining... So I'd rather just wait till I meet that girl that I'm absolutely sure about, no need to date a girl if you know you don't see her as a wife... So no matter the pressure, no matter the konji, I'm going to wait and keep on waiting till I meet the girl that makes it too ridiculous for me to keep waiting.

Being Single is not a crime.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Single In Nigeria? by chingydaboss(m): 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
Lool...I dnt insult..
I only tel pple d fact..
M a realist..

It's nt a crime for u to b in a relationship..
ShirelleBaby:

Shut up

I wasn't talking to you.

It is a crime for u to be in a relationship
Oya hit ur headtongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Stop Your Man From Staring At Other Women / How Do You Curb This Addiction? / Should He Tell Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.