Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,117 members, 7,856,462 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:03 PM

President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan (33522 Views)

Pro-makarfi Supporters Clash With Pro-Sheriff Supporters At PDP Secretariat / 7 Key PDP Members Who Were Absent At Pdp's National Conference Yesterday / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by joromi: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
MyParadise:

Like I said if we stress that politicians should be sent to jail for corruption then u and i should be ready for jail as well. Because, u cant deny that u ve been pure ursef likewise many other Nigerian citizens. Most of us have taken part in this corruption directly or indirectly.

We should knw that the President is talking about rebranding of Nigeria not dictating.

The best thing here is how is this problem going to be solved cos majority are in it. And you want few to be jailed? Haba now.....

I know we clamour for change but pls we should be patient cos Rome was never build in a day.

Only thieves speak like this...

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
PapiDShipCapt:
This speech lack punch lines.. During campaign incumbent candidates should @ least brag with his achievemts rather than engage in petit talk.

If GEJ is really out to convince people to vote him back then he should improve on his speech, at least he was better of during the previous electioneering campaign.

Agreed but this time he's showing less anger and his tone appears more conciliatory rather than the combative attitude he displayed in LAGOS. I think it’s an improvement but still at mediocre level

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by cocoduck: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
joromi:

mr righteous man it takes a thief to recognize a thief
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by bakila: 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
alaoeri:
If u wanna campaign for Buhari just give GEJ a mic & watch how he will honourably campaign for the ppl's general. Imagine a president yarning dust in the name of campaigning.
Sai BUHARI 2015.
I think you are right. His speech writers or speech advisers are doing a bad job. Better still Nigerians now pay more attention to his comments. In my opinion all Nigerians want to say corrupt public officers- career, elected or appointed in prison and stripped of every penny stolen from the people. Even if the offices used the money to buy an expensive pant.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Omimah: 3:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
MyParadise:

I will agree that sending corrupt poticians to jail is not going to be an ideal solution to corruption.

Okay now, has jailing or killing of thieves reduced robbery? NO.

Has jailing or killing of BoKo Haram reduced terrorism in Nigeria? Of course not!

When one is caught stealing or doing criminal act and one is pardoned, that person lives to advice others.

Lets take for instance, when Buhari sent most of corrupt official to prison during is regime has that stopped corruptions? No, infact corruption multiplied when he was dethroned.

If we say corrupt politicians should be sent to jail then jail should await most of us cos we all have practiced corruption in one way or the other. Corruption is in the blood of all of us not just the politicians. It is in the teachers and pupils, lecturers and students in North, South, West and East.

The problem with us all is that we are too impatient.

It takes time for error or positive change to be observed. A building can take years to be erected but when it is about to be destroyed, just one day is enough.

Remember, destruction is easier than building just like attacking is easier than defending.

We should not be this blind claiming that the President is not doing anything simply because he is not from our religion or tribe.

I am not blind cos i know that he (The Predisent) is doing everyting he can to move the nation forward. Even some of his acheivments i have seem them. And if you have not seen them then u never cared to see them.
Rubbish!

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by MyParadise(m): 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
joromi:

Thank you so much. I agree I am thief. That is why i take it as point of duty everyday to beg and cry for mercy. Because, i am saved today is because somebody else showed me mercy and God also showed me mercy. But u who is not a thief keep it up okay cos u are great. But yet 'Do not Glory yet!' because if u dnt steal now u may steal later.

My lovely brother, My final word for you is if we begin to show no mercy to people. It will never ever stop crime. But if u show mercy that person will live to advise others just like i am advising you.

Happy Lovely day

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by MyParadise(m): 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
Omimah:

Rubbish!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by cocoduck: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
Omimah:

Rubbish!
ouch the truth hurts, Jesus said you should remove the rafter in your own eye before you tell your brother please let me extract the straw in your eye
Paul said you who preach do not steal do yo steal? hypocrites
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by tomakint: 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
bokohalal:
Only those that directly gained from him will vote for him.
There is no use growing older, when you are not getting wiser!
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by greaterlove(m): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
ndcide:
I can see APC supporters analysing GEJ's speech
We can't even hear Buhari.
the thing tire me o. We do not even have a speech from Buhari to analyze. All we have heard is " I will end kworuption ". Buhari has been to about 7 states and have said nothing.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Omimah: 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
cocoduck:

ouch the truth hurts, Jesus said you should remove the rafter in your own eye before you tell your brother please let me extract the straw in your eye
Paul said you who preach do not steal do yo steal? hypocrites
If jailing thieves is not (part) of the solution, why are PDP already catching cold? The only thing that will stop Jonathan from being tried and sentenced is if he resigns after flee the country after February 14, before the expiration of his tenure on May 29.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by cocoduck: 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
Omima why are you such a hypocrite?
swear you have not engaged in any form of corruption at any time in your life and i you swear falsly let your villageoracle make you mad.
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by ARKdiscloser7(m): 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2015
GEJ is definitely better than the illiterate called Buhari
GEJ is busy tackling issues.
Not buhari that his only statement is "I'll jail corrupt people""
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by cocoduck: 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
at omimah
jailing corrupt people is part of it but NOT THE ONLY FACTOR, what have you done to limit peoples access to raw cash? we all aspire Nigeria to be like Europe but always shy away from doing like them. merly jailing people is the same as putting the cart before the horse. What happens when thr jailer leavs power? the jailed people will be released and they will go and steal all they couldn't steal when they were imprisoned
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by MyParadise(m): 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
cocoduck:
at omimah
jailing corrupt people is part of it but NOT THE ONLY FACTOR, what have you done to limit peoples access to raw cash? we all aspire Nigeria to be like Europe but always shy away from doing like them. merly jailing people is the same as putting the cart before the horse. What happens when thr jailer leavs power? the jailed people will be released and they will go and steal all they couldn't steal when they were imprisoned

Just like Baba.....
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by laimo(m): 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
Confused soul is being conciliatory to this profound failure.
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by ba7man(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
cocoduck:

mr righteous man it takes a thief to recognize a thief
A judge doesn't need to be a thief to find a thief guilty in court.

Thieves will defend thieves and support thieves.

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
Indeed, Jonathan is clueless! I had expected him to start bragging about his achievement in office but instead he was talking about opposition and countering their proposals. He even goofed!!

Let me restate that the office of the first lady is illegal and a complete waste. I support the call for its abolition. Vote change, vove Muhammadu Buhari

10 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
barcanista:
Indeed, Jonathan is clueless! I has expected him to start bragging about his achievement in office but instead he was talking about opposition and countering their proposals. He even goofed!!

Let me restate that the office of the first lady is illegal and a complete waste. I support the call for its abolition. Vote change, vove Muhammadu Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by cocoduck: 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=ba7man post=29728645]A judge doesn't need to be a thief to find a thief guilty in cour

then you are also a theif a hypocritical one infact
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by masseratti: 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2015
raumdeuter:

So which money are these offices of first lady spending?
good lord, very much aware of the fact that the first lady in the United States since time immemorial has being funded with usa government money although the fund is hidden under the funds for the president.lying that the office is not funded by government is bad,calling it an office is even worse.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by masseratti: 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:
GEJ is definitely better than the illiterate called Buhari
GEJ is busy tackling issues.
Not buhari that his only statement is "I'll jail corrupt people""
an illiterate that ruled over you once,an illiterate that chased islamist extremist to Chad, an illiterate that is giving your PHD holder sleepless night,if they have evidence that he dies not have secondary school certificate let them proof it,they are in control of the Army,and by extension his secondary school records.
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by tdayof(m): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
raumdeuter:

So which money are these offices of first lady spending?
Nigerians money
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by HzRF(m): 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Olaolufred:

JONAH IS TRULY DAFT CUM CLUELESS.

Prove him wrong or go and die
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by ba7man(m): 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=cocoduck post=29729260][/quote]This guy I quoted doesn't understand what he's talking about. undecided

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Swizdoe(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
if they are spending illegal money news outlet such as Sahara reporters would have made the revelations since
Nobody is talking about illegal and legal money. Gej said they are not spending govt money, so are they spending non governmental organisation money.
Besides its the office of the first lady that is illegal and not the money they are spending
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by lyntiffany(f): 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
4...."The narrow gauge train from Lagos to Ibadan to Kano
has been completed"-President Jonathan
5....."We are encouraging young graduates to go into
farming and be the future millionaires & billionaires"-
President GEJ
6....."I can tell you that these offices (First Ladies) are
helping to mobilize women. They arent spending govt
money"-GEJ
pls be truthful to yourself on the case of first ladies, he made mention of many of them running NGO'S and not dpping there hands into government money.
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Swizdoe(m): 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
8....."No south westerner will be happy that someone
without proper trial will be jailed for 300 years"-
President Jonathan
9....."On Baga, I've given the NSA an order that he must
give a comprehensive report to Nigerians"-President
GEJ
10...."We will use technology to block avenues for
corruption that people use to enrich themselves"-
President Jonathan
Is this these the best Gej could come up with..........
What a pity
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by HzRF(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
berem:
Southwest people,oya over to you guys! grin grin

I can't just stop laughing at Jona.dafts comments. Chai!!

grin grin
SSince the very day u have been showcasing ur ignorance

U havnt endeavor to post buahri speech

Abi u can't get the English
Am sure it will be lyk dis

Pellow kontiri pipu..if u bote me in I will sitabilize orryl frice with militiri ..feed almajiris ande wildow with 5 thousald
Plight kworrupttion
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by VolvoS60(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
This thread is something else cheesy

I can't even believe some of you are taking time to counter the drivel from some gentlemen (you know yourselves) on here.

The issues being discussed here were settled a long time ago. If anyone still needs to be convinced that PDP governments (of which the Jonathan administration is the latest example) are virulently anti-Nigeria, then such a person has abysmally low standards or is gaining from the mis-governance on display.

There are ten other presidential candidates apart from the PDP presidential candidate. They all have the benefit of a clean slate. They have the benefit of the doubt, since they have not yet been elected to serve. The PDP candidate on the other hand, has to explain why he and his predecessors did not do the things they promised to do, (for 16 years!) despite federal resources at their disposal. This election (like the past 4 before it) is a referendum on the performance of the PDP. Nothing less. It is up to Nigerians to decide if they have suffered enough.

The countdown has begun.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by angelsing(m): 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
MyParadise:

I will agree that sending corrupt poticians to jail is not going to be an ideal solution to corruption.

Okay now, has jailing or killing of thieves reduced robbery? NO.

Has jailing or killing of BoKo Haram reduced terrorism in Nigeria? Of course not!

When one is caught stealing or doing criminal act and one is pardoned, that person lives to advice others.

Lets take for instance, when Buhari sent most of corrupt official to prison during is regime has that stopped corruptions? No, infact corruption multiplied when he was dethroned.

If we say corrupt politicians should be sent to jail then jail should await most of us cos we all have practiced corruption in one way or the other. Corruption is in the blood of all of us not just the politicians. It is in the teachers and pupils, lecturers and students in North, South, West and East.

The problem with us all is that we are too impatient.

It takes time for error or positive change to be observed. A building can take years to be erected but when it is about to be destroyed, just one day is enough.

Remember, destruction is easier than building just like attacking is easier than defending.

We should not be this blind claiming that the President is not doing anything simply because he is not from our religion or tribe.

I am not blind cos i know that he (The Predisent) is doing everyting he can to move the nation forward. Even some of his acheivments i have seem them. And if you have not seen them then u never cared to see them.
Are u advising him not jail corrupt people or what?, cos from what u wrote here u just sounded like someone who is so full of support for jonathan that u advise we let corrupt(thief) go scot free so he can advise others not to steal...Smh for nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Samchelsea(m): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
pls be truthful to yourself on the case of first ladies, he made mention of many of them running NGO'S and not dpping there hands into government money.
if you read my post very well you'll see I'm on the president's side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"It's Not Over" - Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismisses Adeleke's Appeal / South West Governors Visits Tinubu (Pictures) / False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.