Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,561 members, 7,843,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan (33493 Views)

Pro-makarfi Supporters Clash With Pro-Sheriff Supporters At PDP Secretariat / 7 Key PDP Members Who Were Absent At Pdp's National Conference Yesterday / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Baawaa(m): 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
raumdeuter:

So which money are these offices of first lady spending?
Jonathan is a bloody liar,

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by blackstreak: 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
8....."No south westerner will be happy that someone
without proper trial will be jailed for 300 years"-
President Jonathan
9....."On Baga, I've given the NSA an order that he must
give a comprehensive report to Nigerians"-President
GEJ
10...."We will use technology to block avenues for
corruption that people use to enrich themselves"-
President Jonathan

8. Stealing aint corruption... Why did you steal in the first place, someone gets life imprisonment for stealing chicken or phones... He calls those proper trials

9. We are already used to it, its the same as we are ontop of the situation

10. Chaii

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by omolami: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
President Jonathan is d best president nigeria has ever had. He is really transforming nigeria despite the coalition of aggrieved people congress (apc).He made the best speeches in Ibadan and equally recognise sw as brain behind national congress.Jonathan does not tell lies like apc who is promising N5000 that they cant give and promising to control global oil price through d military,haba quack apc,why are yu so daft? Jonathan till 2019.Carry go 100%

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by MyParadise(m): 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Rilwon:
"Sending corrupt politicians to prison is not an ideal solution to corruption" - GEJ

"We are planning to fight corruption with modern technology, I don't need to tell you now, you will know about it later" - GEJ

SMH

I will agree that sending corrupt poticians to jail is not going to be an ideal solution to corruption.

Okay now, has jailing or killing of thieves reduced robbery? NO.

Has jailing or killing of BoKo Haram reduced terrorism in Nigeria? Of course not!

When one is caught stealing or doing criminal act and one is pardoned, that person lives to advice others.

Lets take for instance, when Buhari sent most of corrupt official to prison during is regime has that stopped corruptions? No, infact corruption multiplied when he was dethroned.

If we say corrupt politicians should be sent to jail then jail should await most of us cos we all have practiced corruption in one way or the other. Corruption is in the blood of all of us not just the politicians. It is in the teachers and pupils, lecturers and students in North, South, West and East.

The problem with us all is that we are too impatient.

It takes time for error or positive change to be observed. A building can take years to be erected but when it is about to be destroyed, just one day is enough.

Remember, destruction is easier than building just like attacking is easier than defending.

We should not be this blind claiming that the President is not doing anything simply because he is not from our religion or tribe.

I am not blind cos i know that he (The Predisent) is doing everyting he can to move the nation forward. Even some of his acheivments i have seem them. And if you have not seen them then u never cared to see them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by gmaribel(m): 3:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
7...."Nigerian women, I dont believe that you are designed
by God to pound yam for me, to be a baby factory"-
President GEJ

DID HE REALLY SAY THIS? shocked shocked shocked
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by chamboy(m): 3:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
Sorry is GMB d incumbent president

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by blackstreak: 3:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
11...."We are creating future leaders. We don't believe that
you must be of a very high age to lead"-President
Jonathan
12...."This govt has built more tertiary institutions than any
other govt. We've built 14 universities"-President
Jonathan
13...."I will not build prisons for you, I will build schools for
you"-President Jonathan

11. You were created to be a leader, when you were young, its a normal thing

12. Keep building, then fill it with quack teachers and other staffs and still call it a university

13. That's why there will continue to be prison breaks here and there, if you won't build more or improve the ones we have

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Samchelsea(m): 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
theV0ice:

and do APC governors not have women in their cabinets?
is he referring to APC GOVERNORS?
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
Southwest people,oya over to you guys! grin grin

I can't just stop laughing at Jona.dafts comments. Chai!!

grin grin

9 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by alaoeri: 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
If u wanna campaign for Buhari just give GEJ a mic & watch how he will honourably campaign for the ppl's general. Imagine a president yarning dust in the name of campaigning.
Sai BUHARI 2015.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Samchelsea(m): 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
omolami:
President Jonathan is d best president nigeria has ever had. He is really transforming nigeria despite the coalition of aggrieved people congress (apc).He made the best speeches in Ibadan and equally recognise sw as brain behind national congress.Jonathan does not tell lies like apc who is promising N5000 that they cant give and promising to control global oil price through d military,haba quack apc,why are yu so daft? Jonathan till 2019.Carry go 100%
you can say that again

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Samchelsea(m): 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
blackstreak:

8. Stealing aint corruption... Why did you steal in the first place, someone gets life imprisonment for stealing chicken or phones... He calls those proper trials

9. We are already used to it, its the same as we are ontop of the situation

10. Chaii
its seems you are having a comprehension problem
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by blackstreak: 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
any evidence to show that the first lady's office has been spending money illegally?
I didn't say they spent money illegally, did I? He said they don't spend government money.. We all know that's some false shii

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by blackstreak: 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
its seems you are having a comprehension problem
where?
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Samchelsea(m): 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
berem:
Southwest people,oya over to you guys! grin grin

I can't just stop laughing at Jona.dafts comments. Chai!!

grin grin
atleast he some of his achievement for the southwest and oyo state in particular
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Samchelsea(m): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
gmaribel:

DID HE REALLY SAY THIS? shocked shocked shocked
only military dictators detest freedom for women

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by theV0ice: 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
is he referring to APC GOVERNORS?

and you have any link to a report where buhari promised not to appoint female ministers?
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Samchelsea(m): 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
blackstreak:
where?
read what he said carefully and you will understand
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by blackstreak: 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
read what he said carefully and you will understand
300 years in prison is fair
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Adminisher: 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Samchelsea:
8....."No south westerner will be happy that someone
without proper trial will be jailed for 300 years"-
President Jonathan
9....."On Baga, I've given the NSA an order that he must
give a comprehensive report to Nigerians"-President
GEJ
10...."We will use technology to block avenues for
corruption that people use to enrich themselves"-
President Jonathan

Okay these particular ones are particularly clueless sounding. No. 9 and 10 especially. Does this man have no intelligent advisers?.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Rilwon: 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
MyParadise:

Lets take for instance, when Buhari sent most of corrupt official to prison during is regime has that stopped corruptions? No, infact corruption multiplied when he was dethroned.

If we say corrupt politicians should be sent to jail then jail should await most of us cos we all have practiced corruption in one way or the other. Corruption is in the blood of all of us not just the politicians. It is in the teachers and pupils, lecturers and students in North, South, West and East.

Yes, sending corrupt politicians to prison may not be tje best solution in fighting corruption but what other solution do we have? if a typical nigerian stole a blackberry and he to be jailed for 2years, then what shoukd be the penalty for those who are stealling billions and millions of naira? they shoudnt be jailed or probe, is'nt that what you are saying here?

Tell me, for what reasons were prision built? are'nt they built to serve as an abode for law breakers? so what are yoi telling me?

He also streessed that "We are planning to fight corrupion" i.e he has not been fighting it before, that he is just planing to fight it?

Then he further stressed that they will be fighting it with mordern technology, abegg what is he trying to say here? because he didnt bother to elaborate he only say Nigerians will know about it later

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by cocoduck: 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
Baawaa:

Jonathan is a bloody liar,
it is your father that is a bloody liar

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Adminisher: 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
omolami:

It is your lack of exposure that is making you fall for this. The man has performed badly in many areas. Areas like corruption and defence and he is telling you technology will fight corruption and he has told the NSA to give report at Baga. Immigration services killed many youth, this man and his semi illiterate minister of education prolonged ASUU strike for 5 months and destroyed the academic year for millions.

I read someone on Punch who finally woke up intellectually and is asking if reviving railways that my grandfather rode on and building roads we should have had 10 years ago or refurbishing airports which should be an ongoing activity should be called TRANSFORMATION? And I was happy that many people were indeed thinking like me.

This was the same way Spaniards and Portuguese deceived our stupid ancestors with mirror and gunpowder and made them sell themselves as slaves.

11 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by ndcide(m): 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
I can see APC supporters analysing GEJ's speech
We can't even hear Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by MyParadise(m): 3:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
Rilwon:

Yes, sending corrupt politicians to prison may not be tje best solution in fighting corruption but what other solution do we have? if a typical nigerian stole a blackberry and he to be jailed for 2years, then what shoukd be the penalty for those who are stealling billions and millions of naira? they shoudnt be jailed or probe, is'nt that what you are saying here?

Tell me, for what reasons were prision built? are'nt they built to serve as an abode for law breakers? so what are yoi telling me?

He also streessed that "We are planning to fight corrupion" i.e he has not been fighting it before, that he is just planing to fight it?

Then he further stressed that they will be fighting it with mordern technology, abegg what is he trying to say here? because he didnt bother to elaborate he only say Nigerians will know about it later

Like I said if we stress that politicians should be sent to jail for corruption then u and i should be ready for jail as well. Because, u cant deny that u ve been pure ursef likewise many other Nigerian citizens. Most of us have taken part in this corruption directly or indirectly.

We should knw that the President is talking about rebranding of Nigeria not dictating.

The best thing here is how is this problem going to be solved cos majority are in it. And you want few to be jailed? Haba now.....

I know we clamour for change but pls we should be patient cos Rome was never built in a day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Adminisher: 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
MyParadise:

Like I said if we stress that politicians should be sent to jail for corruption then u and i should be ready for jail as well. Because, u cant deny that u ve been pure ursef.

We should knw that the President is talking about rebranding of Nigeria not dictating.

You guys are getting everybody angry with your fearful analyses and low IQ thinking. Can't you see the forest from the tress?
These guy is scared shitless and fighting against a future jail term for himself and his friends. He is going to beg Obasanjo again in Ogun State to pipe down or quickly bring his Interim National Government. Complete nonentity that should not even be an LGA chairman.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
this man talk dey make me shame. I wouldn't v been proud of him as a dad. u can easily see him through his poor utterances

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by obynoses(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mammoth crowd at APC rally in Owerri..... Big fat lie! I am reporting from there. The population is not 1/4 of what PDP pulled. With what i am seeing,thes men (Amaechi and Rochas) are even working for Jonathan.Buhari may win else where but not at all in southeast especially owerri.Let's face fact and forget online touting.
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by cocoduck: 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
AT RILWON
I am happy that at least there are some APC supporters that have brains. Not those who throw insult here andthere, I have prcticed corruption many times in my life I have given bribes and accepted too, when doing those things my conscience told me claearly that wjat I was doing is bad and at least that is the case with at least 99% of the population, so there is no need to be hypocritical the reason is that there are aberrations that make it easy for public officials to steal ie direct access to public funds in form of raw cash which is why he is going electronic money way because computers record evry transactions and stores it in a memory that is only accessible to the authorized persons and it is easy to get the information from those authorized persons. brother this is where FOI comes to play and it is very transparent

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by MyParadise(m): 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
Adminisher:

You guys are getting everybody angry with your fearful analyses and low IQ thinking. Can't you see the forest from the tress?
These guy is scared shitless and fighting against a future jail term for himself and his friends. He is going to beg Obasanjo again in Ogun State to pipe down or quickly bring his Interim National Government. Complete nonentity that should not even be an LGA chairman.

By the time we discuss like guys and not push insult and harmful words at each other. It will be better for us.

Now, if you become president today wat will you do? Tell me?
Re: President Jonathan's Quotes At PDP Rally In Ibadan by Omimah: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
theV0ice:

Yet he hid the report to use as 2nd term bargaining chip right?

at least he was truthful enough to acknowledge that SW is in the forefront of agitation for a national dialogue...a true one i mean.
In Lagos he said that we should vote for him in order for the report of the confab to be implemented. What an insult, after billions had been spent!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila Donates 30 Buses,160 Motorcylces, 25 Tricycles To Surulere 1 / PDP Campaign Rally At Makoda In Kano (Photos) / APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.