Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

How To Keep Your Sexual Purity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Keep Your Sexual Purity (790 Views)

We Won't Stop Until Sexual Purity Becomes Norm / The Untold Truths About Sexual Purity / Enhance Your Sexual Performance With Samsu Oil. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Keep Your Sexual Purity by jovialmum(f): 4:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
When you're in love, it's natural to want to express your love in physical ways. But also know that God wants you to remain sexually pure in both your actions and your thoughts.
Sometimes it's a tough balance, but showing love for another while remaining pure is possible. Yes it is!

Here are some suggestions on how to remain pure.

1) Keep innocent expressions or complements simple. Avoid the prolong hug to say thank you for something. It's OK to express your love in little ways, but don't start messing with the package that leads to sex. Avoid 'French' kissing and petting or anything that is sure to ignite the fires of sexual passion.

2) Pace your passion. Every marathon runner knows that they don't use up their energy at the beginning of the race; they need most of it at the end. Save that desire or fantasies for your wedding day. Both the cake and the icing on it belongs to you two. Don't rush to explore!

3) Don't feed your fantasies. It's normal to think about sex sometimes. In fact, it would be impossible not to think about it in this society we are in. So choose your entertainment carefully; soap operas, certain songs, books, television shows, movies and web sites only turn up the pressure. Feeding your thought life with junk only makes it harder to remain pure in your actions.
4) Remember whose property you're touching. You do not own the person you're in a relationship with. That person belongs to God. Imagine there's a sign on everyone you date that reads: PROPERTY OF JESUS. Don't do anything that would defile God's temple.

5) Make a promise to God, and daily renew your commitment. Decide where you're going to draw the line, and tell God that with His help, you are not going to cross that line until marriage. Don't commit to it unless you mean it. The Bible says it's a serious thing to make a vow to God (Eccl. 5:4-cool. At the same time, realize that you can't stick to your promise without His help, that's why it's important to renew your commitment daily.

6) Acknowledge Jesus' presence on every date. Before a date, it's normal to spend a lot of time getting ready. After all, you want to look your best. But you also want to make sure you're spiritually prepared. So spend at least as much time in prayer as you do in front of a mirror. As it says in Proverbs 3:6: "Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths."

7) Agree on your standards. Before sex becomes an issue in the relationship, talk about your standards with your partner. Hebrews 10:24 tells us to "encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds." Discuss ways your relationship can help each of you to become a better person.

cool Don't always go alone. Sure, you want to be alone with your date; that's only normal. Yet too much time alone can lead you to do things you'll regret later. Your relationship will be a lot healthier if you spend time with each other's families and friends.

9) Put real love first. Genuine love always respects the other person. It never says, "If you love me, you'll … " Real love says instead, "Since I care about you so much, I will respect you, treat you with kindness, and never ask you to do something you know or feel is wrong."

10) Declare a new beginning. If you think you've already given away too much, don't give up. The beauty of Christianity is that sins are forgiven and erased, you can start over today.

Prayer: Father as from today, I choose to live in all purity, to keep my body for you. Help me to remain in you in all holiness and purity. I declare a new beginning, please give me a new body system and help me to enjoy my sexuality with my spouse in marriage.
source http://www.jovialmum.com/2015/01/how-to-keep-your-sexual-purity.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Keep Your Sexual Purity by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
whaooooo....this is great......
Sexual purity.....
putting our body under subjection ........
holiness ............
Re: How To Keep Your Sexual Purity by motherlode: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
cheesy write-up = *kiss*
sexual purity is what i want!
Later they will say we are gays, i was never and won't be one! cool
Re: How To Keep Your Sexual Purity by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
motherlode:
cheesy write-up = *kiss*
sexual purity is what i want!
Later they will say we are gays, i was never and won't be one! cool
Mistress Cara, get me the agiel. A nairalander needs some training. angry
Re: How To Keep Your Sexual Purity by motherlode: 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
MasterRahl:
Mistress Cara, get me the agiel. A nairalander needs some training. angry

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Sexual Purity by InZA: 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
@OP

This is an awesome!!!!!!!!!! post

Bookmarking for me
Bookmarking for her(whenever she comes)
Bookmarking for my future kids
Bookmarking for my future grandchildren.
Bookmarking for my great grand children

Jovialmum is killing Romance section today sha grin

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Sexual Purity by NiceMan4(m): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
All the op did was to duplicate and repeat points..
Re: How To Keep Your Sexual Purity by jashar(f): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]

I love you @ OP. Such messages aren't common in this present times. kiss kiss kiss

Keep @ it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did I Do The Right Thing? / Please, Advise Me / Nairalanders Pls I Need Your Advice On Relationship Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.