Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,985 members, 7,821,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Can You Marry An Illiterate? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Illiterate? (25713 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, An Illiterate Rich Guy Or An Intelligent Poor Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by mentorandfriend(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
Marriage, they say, is the union between a man and a woman. No string attached. But for our own personal interests, we have decided to set jamb-like oral questions for our partners to know thier worths. Definately, many ladies wouldnt go for a broke n*gga, CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me). Many guys would also prefer a fresh guys-look-at-when-passing type of ladies. But be truthful to yourself, can you choose an illiterate as your life partner?
Op, what's your definition of an illiterate before I give you my robust reply.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Tobiustobius: 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
No.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by mentorandfriend(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:
I once dated a girl that can't speak Good English,am always scared whenever she want to talk cus I know she must Bleep up,the girl always pronounce crowd as crown,after many corrections yet she still continue fucking up,I just have to break up with her. But she's very beautiful and caring
Funny enough she have a good waec result failing only chemistry
See the person that broke up with an illiterate. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
tuffgongjo:
Not Leaking$not the Licking of your Fantasy.
grin jst kidding
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Op, what's your definition of an illiterate before I give you my robust reply.
sum1 who lacks formal education. Who cnt read nd write and who cant speak our official language.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by amenna(f): 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
I will marry an illiterate if only d person is well to do, I mean rich. after marriage will enroll him in adult Skul to acquire some knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by BigVeinyDick: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
No! Don't think of now and yourself alone think of your kids and the future.Imagine the embarrassment,lack of understanding with regards to educational matters.That partner won't appreciate your kids' efforts(educationally)cause he/she doesn't know the value of education.
I know what it means to live with an illiterate parent.They are always angry(especially if the other parent is well educated),they see everything as a conspiracy.What happens if his/her business stops paying?no certificate to fall back to.I won't marry or advice anyone to marry an illiterate.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Isiterere(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
going by your aspersions, MAMA PEJ is also an illiterate?

ALL IZZ WELL
Mmadukaku:
Op what do you expect us to say when they are forcing a stark illiterate on Nigerians?
Do we have a choice?
They say we shouldn't marry an illiterate because they would disgrace us oneday but they expect us to vote in an illiterate because he will give us free education.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by bolafez(m): 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
papichula:
Illitracy get level by level...they are some dat cannot read and write ,some dat cannot speak gud english...and so on it depends on d level of illitracy
which one of them can u marry?...stop begging the question
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by darqly(m): 2:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
But be truthful to yourself, can you choose an illiterate as your life partner?

There's nothing like 'An illiterate' in the English language. It's an adjective, so it qualifies a noun.
An illiterate person, not an illiterate. Can you say 'I married a beautiful' ? undecided
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by stagger: 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
It is not about a literate person marrying an illiterate person. It is about intellectual compatibility. It is right to marry a person who is of the same intellectual capacity as yourself so you can reason and discuss things on common ground.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
I'm sorry I can't, I would really love to but I just can't. ...and by the way, illiteracy varies. Some people are both ignorant and illiterate, that's just the height of it.

In this 21st C. Why would a girl not go to school and get some education? In this our contemporary society that globalization and computerization of the world has entered its best.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
darqly:

There's nothing like 'An illiterate' in the English language. It's an adjective, so it qualifies a noun.
An illiterate person, not an illiterate. Can you say 'I married a beautiful' ? undecided
thanx prof grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by deavicky(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
Marriage, they say, is the union between a man and a woman. No string attached. But for our own personal interests, we have decided to set jamb-like oral questions for our partners to know thier worths. Definately, many ladies wouldnt go for a broke n*gga, CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me). Many guys would also prefer a fresh guys-look-at-when-passing type of ladies. But be truthful to yourself, can you choose an illiterate as your life partner?
watin concern love with school? And this our country is so bad that even if left secondary school with all A's and u did not go further ppl will still say u dint go to school. Sometimes I wonder school means tertiary education in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
@ Op, an illiterate is one that can't read or write which i can't marry one. My wife must be a graduate period.. cheesy shocked tongue
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
darqly:

Bro, are you serious right now? 'illiterate' is both a noun and adjective, 'beautiful' is just an adjective not a noun. Always be sure of what you say (especially on the internet) to prevent leading others astray. Saying "an illiterate person" as you said, sounds redundant as f^ck.

Thank me later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by dammywapes(m): 2:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
This is the bitter truth , if her illiteracy is level -0 and she is rich many will. But as for me , i can even if she is not rich.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nope I can't!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by blakky97(m): 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
Aprime:
Funny how someone who can't speak good english is automatically labelled an illiterate. Honestly amusing... grin
and yet many who are educated believe "she HAVE waec result" is a correct grammatical expression.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by TS2(m): 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
Depends on how well she can blow my firewood... grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nogodye(m): 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
I can't .....no reason. #Just can't
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
Amefrica:
I'm sorry I can't, I would really love to but I just can't. ...and by the way, illiteracy varies. Some people are both ignorant and illiterate, that's just the height of it.
lols @ emboldened. I just have to agree with you - that particular set is pathetic.
The OP would have to give us his definition of illiterate in this context, for us to comment better.

In this 21st C. Why would a girl not go to school and get some education? In this our contemporary society that globalization and computerization of the world has entered its best.
hmmm...
Maybe we should just ThankGod for your life - because, some people are really suffering.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by robinsoncrosoe: 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
An illiterate like buhari..........never

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by blakky97(m): 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
2pac never went to college. yet.... the bevy of ladies on his trail. its all about digits.
if I think 0+0=10000000. and yet I have so many 0s in my account. dont tell me I wont get a phd holder if I want whether or not I hold ssce.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Destiny2628(m): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
[quote love. Is nt by class,its by choice.my dear is ur true love falls on an illitrate plss go for it so that you will not disappoint your future.hhhhggggggauthor=olafunlopost=29776930]Marriage, they say, is the union between a man and a woman. No string attached. But for our own personal interests, we have decided to set jamb-like oral questions for our partners to know thier worths. Definately, many ladies wouldnt go for a broke n*gga, CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me). Many guys would also prefer a fresh guys-look-at-when-passing type of ladies. But be truthful to yourself, can you choose an illiterate as your life partner?[/quote]lbb
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Xfemt(m): 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
undecidedWhat the difference beetwen an ILLITRATE and person wan no go school
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Chubhie: 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
Have developed to a level I feel I can relate with just anybody. As long as we both have a means of communicating I'm willing to work on her and teach her pretty bad amazing stuffs. How romantic can that be
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by millionboi(m): 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
YES.....some of dem tinks fastr than d So-called literate.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by IdiAmin2(m): 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
Why not? our president marry illiterate, so why can't we the citizens do likewise
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by eddyslim(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
I can't do that
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Mickey7(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
holyokoto:
I take myself as a case study, written English am. good , but am not a good orator, meaning I cant speak good English yet am one of the best student during my years in school. does that mean am illiterate? nevertheless illiteracy depends on several conditions
awake from your slumb-e-r,arise from your sleep...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Attract A Girl Who Already Has A Boyfriend / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.