Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,984 members, 7,821,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Can You Marry An Illiterate? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Illiterate? (25713 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, An Illiterate Rich Guy Or An Intelligent Poor Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by doopsy(f): 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
I once had a friend , good looking and allwink the only thing was he had a way of mixing up his tenses , it was so bad, that with his sauve look, hed cause a stir, but when he speaks. ..my oh my..embarassed

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:
I once dated a girl that can't speak Good English,am always scared whenever she want to talk cus I know she must Bleep up,the girl always pronounce crowd as crown,after many corrections yet she still continue fucking up,I just have to break up with her. But she's very beautiful and caring
Funny enough she have a good waec result failing only chemistry
SMH, talk of kettle calling pot black and to think you have gotten many likes. undecided undecided embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by chukkystar(m): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
No difference, half d people in State Universities are illiterates as well
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by mamafunky(f): 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
who is den an illiterate? cheesy

An illiterate is one who is unable to read and write. But some illiterates can speak good English and fluently.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by darqly(m): 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
Amefrica:

Bro, are you serious right now? 'illiterate' is both a noun and adjective, 'beautiful' is just an adjective not a noun. Always be sure of what you say (especially on the internet) to prevent leading others astray. Saying "an illiterate person" as you said, sounds redundant as f^ck.

Thank me later.

Both a noun and an adjective, I agree. And I've used a poor example to buttress my point, but scour your reference point - the internet, and show me ONE instance of an individual referred to as 'An illiterate'.
An illiterate person may sound redundant, but it's redundant-ly correct. Either that or simply say 'he is illiterate'. Labelling someone 'An illiterate' obviously shows you're both in the same state.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by SageNaruto(m): 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
amenna:
I will marry an illiterate if only d person is well to do, I mean rich. after marriage will enroll him in adult Skul to acquire some knowledge.
shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by nefertiitii: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
snowprince59:
[color=#000099][/color]Marry an illiterate? Damn! Well, it depends on her level of illiteracy. I can't marry a stalk illiterate, one with no good communication skill, dull brain, can't even address d public etc. To avoid........... 'To my fellow widows' 'there is God o' etc. (Ofcuz I didn't mention. Anybody's name o) I may marry an uneducated lady with good communication skills etc. Am I guy that love taste.

Dude u just shot urself in the foot SMH
The heck is stalk?? shocked its stark pls and wtf is am i guy that love taste? shocked its i'm a guy that loves taste angry angry

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
darqly:

Both a noun and an adjective, I agree. And I've used a poor example to buttress my point, but scour your reference point - the internet, and show me ONE instance of an individual referred to as 'An illiterate'.
An illiterate person may sound redundant, but it's redundant-ly correct. Either that or simply say 'he is illiterate'. Labelling someone 'An illiterate' obviously shows you're both in the same state.

Ok, I'm not gonna argue this with you. It doesn't worth my time since you're not ready to admit you don't know what you're talking about.

Noun: a name for person, place, thing, and animal.

Illiterate is a noun and also qualifies noun. "You're an illiterate" how's that wrong? Tho "an illiterate person" sounds correct if you use it as 'adjective' and not 'noun.

Get your facts straight before engaging in an argument. Have a nice day ahead, man.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by ArabianPrince: 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
Why not? Afterall....most Nigerians are more of functional illiterates, what's the difference.

Please don't quote me. cool

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by nefertiitii: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mickey7:
awake from your slumb-e-r,arise from your sleep...

Hahahaaha dis is wicked shaa grin grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by 2SWT(f): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
bosun11:

GOD FORBID
grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by linearity: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
It is not black and white.

One of the basic test of a partner is compatibility.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by OXCUBA: 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
IF OUR .... CURRENT PRESIDENT CAN ..... WHO ARE AM I.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by jericco1(m): 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
I'm sorry its a post-modern so I can't.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by link2jude(m): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
Marriage, they say, is the union between a man and a woman. No string attached. But for our own personal interests, we have decided to set jamb-like oral questions for our partners to know thier worths. Definately, many ladies wouldnt go for a broke n*gga, CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me). Many guys would also prefer a fresh guys-look-at-when-passing type of ladies. But be truthful to yourself, can you choose an illiterate as your life partner?

Yes if she is very rich... Lolz!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Toks2008(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
If i see a super sweet sexy illiterate omo i go grab am sharpily and train her wella.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:
I once dated a girl that can't speak Good English,am always scared whenever she want to talk cus I know she must Bleep up,the girl always pronounce crowd as crown,after many corrections yet she still continue fucking up,I just have to break up with her. But she's very beautiful and caring
the 2 of you are a match made in heaven. grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Franky9584(m): 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
Anyway, it depends on ur own definition of wot illiteracy is. Mind u, dat sm1 went 2skul or even saw d 4walls of a university doesnt mk one literate. So explain 2 us 2knw wot u meant by that word "illiterate"?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
dungas30:
usless question from usless person wit his usless time. isnt ur first lady a seriouse laguage ilitrate ?
like seriously, u know her?? grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
neyur:

Just say the truth; you have entered one chance.though there is no crime of gettin marry or married to an illitrate. just depend on the level of illitrate of the person. You know we aslso have semi-illirate person as APC presidential candidate.
am single jare grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by ArabianPrince: 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
usless question from usless person wit his usless time. isnt ur first lady a seriouse laguage ilitrate ?

Now is it possible to say this person is an illiterate. And if married...means someone must have married an illiterate. Wondering why people are saying No...God forbid and all sorts when some of them are already married to one unknowingly.

Please don't quote me. cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Tashaamania(f): 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
Oopsie, nope!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
There are a lot of immature posters posting immature comments on this thread.

Life though, in her infinity power, is a great teacher.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
If she is teachable, why not? However, it also depends on the level of illiteracy. This thing get level oh. Without even a primary 6? Haba, where am I going to meet such a person self? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by darqly(m): 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
Amefrica:

Ok, I'm not gonna argue this with you. It doesn't worth my time since you're not ready to admit you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm sorry I'm being painfully pedantic today grin
The bolded ought to be 'isn't worth my time'- another common mistake in our country.
If you Google the entire internet and find where an individual is referred to as 'An illiterate', I will apologise and be guided henceforth.
An illiterate person, an illiterate girl, an illiterate congregation, a tactically illiterate coach etc NEVER An illiterate grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by iamdapsyj(m): 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
Aprime:
Funny how someone who can't speak good english is automatically labelled an illiterate. Honestly amusing...
. @Aprime I tot I was the only 1 that reasoned same way because if illiteracy is judged by how fluent you are in communicating (English), then I wonder what we should then call some countries in the world that cannot even say a word of English. Now to the topic, the fact that you went to school and even graduated with First class degree but found short in the character department, I think that is illiteracy. So many other examples can be sighted but I rest my case for now.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by pazienza(m): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
Empero1:

The truth is that , there is a difference between education and illiteracy . There is a higher chance for someone who's informally educated in a multi-ethnicity country like ours to be illiterate in our national lingua franca . Take for instance , an informal educated building technologist ( brick layer ) , let me assume that your local dialect is Igbo language same as the this guy . Now , this kind of person may lack the ability to express himself properly in English language , so also would he find it hard to present his acquired knowledge in the filed of building technology in the queens language . But , I bet you , when you engage him in discussion in your local dialect and hear him talk and lecture you about his specialized field of knowledge in the local dialect in which he was taught the work , you would be amazed at the level of knowledge and wisdom he has . This is also applicable to roadside car mechanics .

Summary of my analysis above is this ; one can be illiterate in a particular language and at the same time be educated . So , life is all about packaging - education and wisdom does it all . You can package that illiterate man in English language , to become the literate man you want him to be in any language of your choice , as long as he has wisdom and is educated ( formally/informally ) . South African president , Jacob Zuma comes to mind , he never had formal education , but you dare not tell me that someone like him is an illiterate , no . I hope you get my drift .

Wisdom is in you.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:
A kettle calling a pot black.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Sezua:
.....bros, i greet oh
Una well done o.se e dey strong?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
mamajohn:
one of the biggest problems of GEJ is his illiterate wife, marry an illiterate wife and be ready for public disgrace like Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
I am single jare grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by PassingShot(m): 7:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mmadukaku:
Op what do you expect us to say when they are forcing a stark illiterate on Nigerians?
Do we have a choice?
They say we shouldn't marry an illiterate because they would disgrace us oneday but they expect us to vote in an illiterate because he will give us free education.

Exactly. Just how our semi illiterate PhD holder and his stark illiterate Sheppopotemus are ruling us directionlessly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Attract A Girl Who Already Has A Boyfriend / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.