Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Can You Marry An Illiterate? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Illiterate? (25704 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, An Illiterate Rich Guy Or An Intelligent Poor Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by millionboi(m): 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
Empero1:

I for one , the two categories of illiterates I cannot marry are ( 1 ) One that glosses her ignorance with mastery of the queens language all in the name of acquired formal education , but lack basic knowledge about life education and wisdom . ( 2 ) The second type is the one that outrightly lack both knowledge of life education and wisdom ( this type is dumb ) .

Meanwhile , I will marry that woman whom those that fall on my number one list of rejection above , tag as illiterate all because she lacks formal education and has no paper certificate , whereas she has full knowledge of life education and wisdom albeit informally , and can speak fluently her local dialect through which she acquired knowledge about life education and wisdom ( and knows a bit how to read and write both basic local dialect and lingua franca ) .

In summary , the word " Illiterate " means different thing to different people .
u jst said it al

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols @ emboldened. I just have to agree with you - that particular set is pathetic.
The OP would have to give us his definition of illiterate in this context, for us to comment better.

I agree.

Kachisbarbie:
hmmm...
Maybe we should just ThankGod for your life - because, some people are really suffering.

I really didn't mean to sound offensive. I just think every girl should just try and get Bsc. at least. I really don't know what God has in plan for me, but I don't think I would wanna marry one.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by mamajohn(f): 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
one of the biggest problem of GEJ is his illiterate wife, marry an illiterate wife and be ready for public disgrace like Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by tomzman: 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
Capital NO! Wat would she contribute to my life. I think the world has gone past that era. Marriage is not only for child bearing, I believe a woman should be able to complement her man in every aspect. Imagine that you are invited to give a talk somewhere and you find out you won't be able to make it, an illiterate wife cannot represent you there. Sorry to be blunt but Mrs Tomzman must have a minimum of a WASC with a willingness to further. She must also be able to communicate well in English language!
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Ilekeh(f): 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
Lollll
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
i go like marry lawyer make we just dy sue any bad belle
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by neyur: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
Marriage, they say, is the union between a man and a woman. No string attached. But for our own personal interests, we have decided to set jamb-like oral questions for our partners to know thier worths. Definately, many ladies wouldnt go for a broke n*gga, CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me). Many guys would also prefer a fresh guys-look-at-when-passing type of ladies. But be truthful to yourself, can you choose an illiterate as your life partner?

Just say the truth; you have entered one chance.though there is no crime of gettin marry or married to an illitrate. just depend on the level of illitrate of the person. You know we aslso have semi-illirate person as APC presidential candidate.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by mentorandfriend(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
sum1 who lacks formal education. Who cnt read nd write and who cant speak our official language.
Ok. That's a no for me.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by millionboi(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
who is den an illiterate? cheesy
an iliterate is a person who cn nt read or write nd nt who cn nt speak.otondo.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by millionboi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
mamajohn:
one of the biggest problem of GEJ is his illiterate wife, marry an illiterate wife and be ready for public disgrace like Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
and stil she is bigger than u

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by joeyemi: 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
i cant believe you just typed the sentence i have been looking for for about a year.thanks
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Ezevajina: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
Tymax:
Illiteracy; is it relative or universal? I have always believed that it simply says a person can neither read nor write and hence cannot document and communicate ideas properly.

If it's relative then that means even with my degree I would be an illiterate in China. That's laughable. grin

Let us not stretch the meaning of this word. An illiterate is a person who is not formally educated. One who doesn't have the basic skill-set for communication and industry, which is obtainable in formal education.

Would I marry a woman like this? No.

The response given on this thread is enough to justify that boko is haram. This western education has made africans soooo stuupid.
According to these fools, germany is a nation full of illiterates bcoz they don't speak english.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by hyelhira: 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2015
Really? Are you sure?

darqly:

There's nothing like 'An illiterate' in the English language. It's an adjective, so it qualifies a noun.
An illiterate person, not an illiterate. Can you say 'I married a beautiful' ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by dungas30(m): 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
olafunny:
Marriage, they say, is the union between a man and a woman. No string attached. But for our own personal interests, we have decided to set jamb-like oral questions for our partners to know thier worths. Definately, many ladies wouldnt go for a broke n*gga, CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me). Many guys would also prefer a fresh guys-look-at-when-passing type of ladies. But be truthful to yourself, can you choose an illiterate as your life partner?
usless question from usless person wit his usless time. isnt ur first lady a seriouse laguage ilitrate ?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by dungas30(m): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
neyur:

Just say the truth; you have entered one chance.though there is no crime of gettin marry or married to an illitrate. just depend on the level of illitrate of the person. You know we aslso have semi-illirate person as APC presidential candidate.

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Kingsasian(m): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
Yes, of course I would marry an illiterate lady provided she makes up for the lack of education with prettiness or beauty and intelligence combined with love, cares and faithfulness.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Arnold4Ever: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
true talk
Empero1:

I for one , the two categories of illiterates I cannot marry are ( 1 ) One that glosses her ignorance with mastery of the queens language all in the name of acquired formal education , but lack basic knowledge about life education and wisdom . ( 2 ) The second type is the one that outrightly lack both knowledge of life education and wisdom ( this type is dumb ) .

Meanwhile , I will marry that woman whom those that fall on my number one list of rejection above , tag as illiterate all because she lacks formal education and has no paper certificate , whereas she has full knowledge of life education and wisdom albeit informally , and can speak fluently her local dialect through which she acquired knowledge about life education and wisdom ( and knows a bit how to read and write both basic local dialect and lingua franca ) .

In summary , the word " Illiterate " means different thing to different people .
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by That9jaVine(m): 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Arnold4Ever: 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
divalindiway:
I would say no.
Reasons....The level of reasoning might be diff. My Problem is nt neccesarily the fact dat the person is an illiterate. My problem is the person might be ignorant. e.g we hv a quarrel,and am right and i know i am right and i know that the wrong decision would lead to grievieous consequences. This person might not want to agree cos he feels 'eh all these people wey go sch wey tink say dem no everytin'
Then again, lets say i hv a social function to attend wit my girls e.g a baby shower. He might start to say 'which one is baby shower again'
Most times its not d title but d attitude.
A guy once asked me if i wud like to marry a business man dat is a secondary sch drop out. I sed no problem and den i asked him,if years go by in the marriage and suddenly mayb my Classmate becomes the president of Nigeria and asks me to join his cabinet, would he allow me? He kept mute.

explain better so that she can understand if she's ignorant...shoki!!!

that's deviation...illiteracy and ignorance are 2 different things
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Arnold4Ever: 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
Empero1:

The truth is that , there is a difference between education and illiteracy . There is a higher chance for someone who's informally educated in a multi-ethnicity country like ours to be illiterate in our national lingua franca . Take for instance , an informal educated building technologist ( brick layer ) , let me assume that your local dialect is Igbo language same as the this guy . Now , this kind of person may lack the ability to express himself properly in English language , so also would he find it hard to present his acquired knowledge in the filed of building technology in the queens language . But , I bet you , when you engage him in discussion in your local dialect and hear him talk and lecture you about his specialized field of knowledge in the local dialect in which he was taught the work , you would be amazed at the level of knowledge and wisdom he has . This is also applicable to roadside car mechanics .

Summary of my analysis above is this ; one can be illiterate in a particular language and at the same time be educated . So , life is all about packaging - education and wisdom does it all . You can package that illiterate man in English language , to become the literate man you want him to be in any language of your choice , as long as he has wisdom and is educated ( formally/informally ) . South African president , Jacob Zuma comes to mind , he never had formal education , but you dare not tell me that someone like him is an illiterate , no . I hope you get my drift .

You are absolutely right....unable to communicate in english does not necessarily mean you are complete illiterate...shikena!!!

Education can be in any language ....french, german, spanish, arabic.........Is only in this country that inability to speak english means illiteracy.

Quite large numbers of Nigerian graduates.. so called LL.B, BSc, PHd holder are miseducated and illiterate just like our Presido -Dr. Jonathan.

Lots of guys out there if given education in their dialect will come out better.....check out chineses, japanese, koreans......
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by mob01: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
Love don't ask why and all love is sweet
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Mrcapability7: 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
Pathetic world and typical nigerians this thread remind me of a film oh that's why mercy johnson acted dumebi.. DUMEBI OH my sweet mango grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by ejikeme(m): 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:
I once dated a girl that can't speak Good English,am always scared whenever she want to talk cus I know she must Bleep up,the girl always pronounce crowd as crown,after many corrections yet she still continue fucking up,I just have to break up with her. But she's very beautiful and caring
Funny enough she have a good waec result failing only chemistry

why didn't you teach her? afraid of her opening her mouth to speak but not afraid of her opening her legs? ?

I need a drink

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
Never.
It won't work.I like super intelligent and highly educated men.l dumped a serious lover for bad table manners in public so I couldn't date let alone marry an illiterate. I would be ashamed of him.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Mrcapability7: 4:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
Missmossy:
No assuming I was a secondary school leaver then I'd
Bleep off could ur degree prove you're wifey materials

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by dammywapes(m): 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
Did anyone know juan mata of manchester united ? It doesn't mata to marry an illiterate as a wife.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by ElFenomeno1: 4:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:
I once dated a girl that can't speak Good English,am always scared whenever she want to talk cus I know she must Bleep up,the girl always pronounce crowd as crown,after many corrections yet she still continue fucking up,I just have to break up with her. But she's very beautiful and caring

Dumbfu...ck!

What is the difference between you and your ex?

You have just littered the forum with grammatical blunders..... Seun will need 365 days to mop up the result of the woeful piece you posted above!

Stark illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by lizzlix(m): 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
mamajohn:
Whoever told you that the first lady is an illiterate, I believe attained the same level of education as you.
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:

But you sef no try for the kind English you dey writing. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Lanrefreshkid: 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Honestly Illiteracy is not a sin.

And an illiterate can always become a literate.

If the love is there then why not?..you can always make her learn.

I would prefer to marry an illerate to marrying a lady with a bad xracter.

to those making it seem illiteracy is a sin dont forget our great grandmothers are all illiterate before the western colonization but with a good xracter and so you could hardly hear about divorce unlike now.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by baba11(m): 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
I can marry an illiterate provided she has other qualities I want....
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nuezha(m): 4:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
Joshrob:

Except for that "crowd pronounced crown" thing, I would have said we dated the same lady at different times.

I really tried polishing her: Bought her grammar books, gave personal lectures, encouraged her to consult the dictionary for proper pronunciation but all to no avail.

"if the foundations be destroyed......"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage! / How To Attract A Girl Who Already Has A Boyfriend / I Saw The Biggest Penis Ever On A Mad Man Yesterday In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.