Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) (8656 Views)

Supporters And Friends Abandon Metuh In Court - Sahara Reporters / Memos To GMB: No 1 - Corruption / (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

He fought corruption by mainly setting up measures focused on preventing it the first place. He may not have excelled in prosecution. That is an area he has to take extremly serious. If he wins.

Hello!! Please give us results, not what he supposedly did

4 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Zellie: 9:40am On Jan 15, 2015
Adopting a pragmatic approach to fight Corruption (like what GEJ is doing) is the only solution, not jailing people for 200 years.

Following

11 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by ruffp: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2015
I wish i had time to address his stupidity as relates corruption but there is really no point....his stupidity isn't redeemable. In summary,his words are as stupid as his looks.....

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by obi4eze(m): 9:43am On Jan 15, 2015
Mr Matthew

How does the depletion of our excess crude savings without accountability equate to fighting corruption?

Can Dr Jonathan tell us what happened to all the loans he collected from China and US to fight terrorism and develop infrastructure?

Can he explain what actually happened to the funds gotten from SURE-P?

Or can someone tell me why a certain convicted thief in the person of DSP Alamieseigha was pardoned by Dr Jonathan?

Accountability and Integrity are very important in the fight against corruption and it is more than obvious that he does not have these qualities.

The fact is that we need CHANGE! And Jonathan has proved that he cannot give it to us. His transformation agenda is just a corruption agenda.

My brother join the CHANGE train. Don't be left behind.

Vote GMB/Osinbajo
#changeishere
#buhariosinbajo

11 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2015
Clerverly:
You can only convince a cab driver from the south east/South south to vote a corrupt bandit called jonathan!

Don't bore with these your useless copy and paste article from reno omkri, we have gone past this stage! Just safeguard your voters card!

FeBuhari is the Date!

I have spoken to a cab drivers from different regions. The west and east mainly, are more open to politically opposing views. The north are harder to convince.

This is not a copy and paste article ... This is 100% original.

I wrote this based on my conviction.

Very true voters safe guard your PVC. A card made possible by a man who wants your vote to count. The PVC makes it more Harder for electoral corruption to take place because its is computerised. This happened under GEJ.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by BlackBaron: 9:46am On Jan 15, 2015
Funny when they say he fights corruption. If you believe that then the devil is not a liar.

Uncle Alams got a pardon after all he stole? This is a criminal that can't even step the shores of an Western nation else he'll get arrested and extradited.

Fuel subsidy thieves are still at large. Pray tell how a President fights corruption when all he does is close out the source and then pats the criminals at the back of their hands? Ibori's charge sheet included stealing from the state treasury, same with Alams, yet your President goes on national TV to redefine it. He's the same dude that stated 'he doesn't give a damn'

A company CEO, discovers massive frauds in various departments and chooses only to close the loophole whilst smiling away at the doers abi? Its that how real life works you corrupt scumbags!!!!

5 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by jaybee3(m): 9:48am On Jan 15, 2015
@Matthew

I want you to look at this scenario and be very honest with your reply. A father has a notorious son that steals every single meat in a pot whenever he enters the kitchen. Would you suggest the father hides the pot, lock the kitchen or simply use punishment as a deterrent from that act of stealing.

Simply hiding the pot or locking the kitchen mean he will simply extend the stealing outside if and when he gets the chance.

You keep talking about measures and systems but forgetting the simple fact of human (especially criminal minded Nigerians) factors

The first step of fighting corruption is education. The president needs to retract the statement he made on common stealing isn’t corruption. Stealing is bad and all criminals should face the wrath of the law

5 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by major466(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2015
I totally endorsed this thread. Let Nigerians know the truth about GEJ and his wonderful policies especially his covert style of fighting corruption. smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Bruteforce1o1: 10:01am On Jan 15, 2015
[s]
ochejoseph:
A party whose National Leader is retired drug Baron is not the entity that will lead Nigeria to the promise Land!

While Buhari was Killing people using a Backdated Law Tinubu was Busy selling heroine and cocaine in the US!
Now they want us to Belive they are they change we need How?

What Hope does young people have under the APC

They have an opportunity to appoint or elect a Young National chairman they. Choosed a 76 year old Great Grand Father

A Golden opportunity came to present a Young presidential aspirant they rigged it in favour of a 73 year old

NOT done the allotted the Vice presidential Candidate slot to a drug Baron who appointed a stooge who is anything but young!

Even the traditional National Youth leadership of the Party reserved for young people was taken away from them and given to a 52 year old former HOR aspirant!

Young People have No future Under APC!, the Youngest Governorship Candidates are in the PDP, Nasko and Udom two young men with a lot of promise!

The National youth Leader of the PDP was elected at 30 the minister of Foreign affairs is less than 35 !

Governance in the 21 st century will be driven by information Technology Placing analogue politicians to manage a world that is increasing driven by the adoption of broadband is a Mistake young Nigerians must not make Come Feb 14

May God Help us to Vote wisely

[/s]

Trash.

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Zikkyy(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I think the reason most Nigerians think GEJ is not doing so much about corruption is because. GEJ has failed in communicating clearly his stance on corruption,

Maybe it's because there is nothing to communicate.

Matthewbriggs:

Combined with the fact that he has handled poorly in addressing the key corruption scandals that has rocked his administration.

Correct.

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by F22RAPTOR(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2015
I commend your effort Op, but people will choose to see what they want to see. if they decide to see GEJ's efforts as half empty rather than half full, that's their business. If they want to focus on what he has not done and ignore all that he has done, its still their business. Its all a matter of perspectives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by jayonpoint(m): 10:12am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I need fact and links to support your allegations. Then I would respond to them.

Secondly Holatin I would like to ask you to ask you have you asked Fashola why he is yet to domesticate the freedom of information bill.
U did voodoo research n paste here, to u it won any insane taxi driver who doesn't no wat he want over. Now, holatin pasted his, it wsnt evident enuf n there u deviated (fallacy) to jump on fashola. Haba! Must u add pple to u family listsof fools? Btw who certified ur nonsense u wrote up there in trying to justify ur joblessness? Idiat!

Gimme Buhari/Osinbajo joor!

4 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Zikkyy(m): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

The challenge is that they fail to realize that there are two main strategies of fighting corruption. They are Prevention and Prosecution. In my opinion I think Good luck is using a prevention strategy.

Both strategies work together to ensure stealing is reduced to a tolerable minimum. Your prevention strategy is very much weakened in the absence of a prosecution strategy. Lack of prosecution is an incentive for more people to steal.

4 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2015
@ posters I am currently in the office at the moment would responds to issues you are raising in regards to my post... once I am on break. Do bear with me for the delay in responding.

Moreover keep you comments coming.

thank you ... smiley

3 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Zikkyy(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

Prosecuting and sending corrupt people to prison is not the best way to tackle corruption. It is a short term strategy that provides immediate gratification but actually does little in fighting in corruption in the long term.

prosecution is not a short term strategy, it is a permanent strategy! No prevention strategy can provide 100% assurance that fraud/stealing will not occur. Corrupt people must go to jail to discourage others.

Matthewbriggs:

The best way to tackle corruption is building systems, erecting structures and strengthen institution making it more harder for corrupt people to carry out corruption in the first place, and making it easier to detect corruption.

Who told you there are no systems/structures in place even before GEJ? The reason there is so much stealing is not because systems/ structures are not in place. Systems and structures on it's own will not stop corruption without cooperation of the people running these systems.

2 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Zikkyy(m): 10:41am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I am bold to say GEJ excelled in his prevention strategy. Example is How GEJ ended 40 Years Of Corruption In The Agricultural Sector. Most you already know this story.

The government use to disburse free fertilizers to farmers through middle men. But they discovered that these middle men instead of giving the fertilizers free to farmers, in fact sold the free fertilizers to farmers. This is what GEJ did. Instead of jailing all the middle men engaged in this act an approach that would be very ineffective. He and his team designed an e-wallet system to disburse the funds for the fertilizers directly to the farmers cutting off the middle men.
This strategy has the saved the government millions of naira and now the farmers are now smiling. This is a perfect example of how his government is taking preventive measures to tackle corruption.

You have successfully eliminated third party suppliers from the corruption chain. What about corrupt practices by government officials (our main concern)? What you wrote up there does not provide assurance that farmers are the sole beneficiaries of e-wallet. Maybe one day we get to read of how government officials been enriching themselves using the e-wallet system smiley
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Kingspin(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2015
Buhari was sold to them through the media: social media, newspapers etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Zikkyy(m): 10:55am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

The consolidation of e-banking and the use of e-payment software to pay civil servants has made it more harder for corruption to take place ... In fact the government has save billion of naira after detecting over 60,000 ghost workers. In the Nigeria of today corrupt activities can now be easily detected, the days of ghana must go is over. because now payments are now electronic. Under him the banks are now more closely regulated.

So when you detect corrupt activities, what happens? do you give the fraudulent employee a raise/bonus or you ensure he is sent to jail to discourage others?

Note that electronic payment or use of technology does not eliminate corrupt practices, it only provide a digital version of the manual controls currently in place. It also transfer the opportunity for fraud/stealing from one set/group of people to another. Why do you think banks with all their investment in technology still employ auditors, compliance officers, investigators e.t.c to check activities and still maintain a zero tolerance for fraudulent practices?

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Zikkyy(m): 11:02am On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

Therein lies the back bone of the matter, Going forward if GEJ wins he needs to design a robust strategy on corruption one ... It is also important he communicates his stance on corruption clearly and most importantly his resolve to get rid of this panacea from Nigeria.

What i read from your conclusion is that GEJ spent the last six years doing nothing.

2 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by etties: 11:14am On Jan 15, 2015
These are fantastic facts being shown by you. i did not see it that way, this has gotten me thinking especially on the Millions by World bank to Lagos government, for Secondary school projects which they have not agreed to tell the tax payer how it was disbursed even after it was requested by a civil society organization.citing that the FOI is not applicable to them.we now know who is transparent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by realnaijaa: 11:34am On Jan 15, 2015
ochejoseph:
A party whose National Leader is retired drug Baron is not the entity that will lead Nigeria to the promise Land!

While Buhari was Killing people using a Backdated Law Tinubu was Busy selling heroine and cocaine in the US!

They have an opportunity to appoint or elect a Young National chairman they. Choosed a 76 year old Great Grand Father

A Golden opportunity came to present a Young presidential aspirant they rigged it in favour of a 73 year old

NOT done the allotted the Vice presidential Candidate slot to a drug Baron who appointed a stooge who is anything but young!

Even the traditional National Youth leadership of the Party reserved for young people was taken away from them and given to a 52 year old former HOR aspirant!

Young People have No future Under APC!, the Youngest Governorship Candidates are in the PDP, Nasko and Udom two young men with a lot of promise!

The National youth Leader of the PDP was elected at 30 the minister of Foreign affairs is less than 35 !

Governance in the 21 st century will be driven by information Technology Placing analogue politicians to manage a world that is increasing driven by the adoption of broadband is a Mistake young Nigerians must not make Come Feb 14 .

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by nerodenero: 11:35am On Jan 15, 2015
Well said
jaybee3:
@Matthew

I want you to look at this scenario and be very honest with your reply. A father has a notorious son that steals every single meat in a pot whenever he enters the kitchen. Would you suggest the father hides the pot, lock the kitchen or simply use punishment as a deterrent from that act of stealing.

Simply hiding the pot or locking the kitchen mean he will simply extend the stealing outside if and when he gets the chance.

You keep talking about measures and systems but forgetting the simple fact of human (especially criminal minded Nigerians) factors

The first step of fighting corruption is education. The president needs to retract the statement he made on common stealing isn’t corruption. Stealing is bad and all criminals should face the wrath of the law
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by realnaijaa: 11:41am On Jan 15, 2015
ochejoseph:
If truly he is a drug baron as claimed why as the us not requested for his aarrest unlike kashamu buruji. Tinubu goes to the us ooften.abi he don bribe oObama?
Enough of this plastic and cosmetics surgery to corruption under jona. Explain this
Before yar'adua died subsidy was just 900 bill which was really inflated. Your guy under 1 year it jumped to 2.3 trillion. How do you justify this. Kerosene wich I still byis soLD for 145 per liter .but they still claim they are subsidizing it and that it is sold for 50 naira this we all know is a lie.
Looking at the so-called airport rremodeling. It is a total scam.which have you been to recently .the value of money paid is not reflected in the quality of what is on ground..tha MM1 and MM2 they are below world standard in terms of furnishings, aesthetic and facilities. The central AC system breaks down often.
You talked about agriculture. I will say in terms of NPK for farmers yes it is a little better than before ,but there is still corruption.during the allocation period.
With the huge amount of money being claimed by the agric mminister been spent on rice.we ought to be eating locally made rice now. I bet you.. During this festive period how many saw this rice. I can tell you authoritatively 97% of Nigerians eat Thai rice.take the award of the CCTV system in abuja.what is the status of it today?
Take the military for example with close to 5 trillion what have we achieved
This was the same army which was without such funding during the sirelone and Liberian crisis dealt with the rebels whose skill and manpower were far more worse than that of boko haram.
Now tell me i not corruption .

Governance in the 21 st century will be driven by information Technology Placing analogue politicians to manage a world that is increasing driven by the adoption of broadband is a Mistake young Nigerians must not make Come Feb 14

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by realnaijaa: 12:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
ochejoseph:

If truly he is a drug baron as claimed why as the us not requested for his aarrest unlike kashamu buruji. Tinubu goes to the us ooften.abi he don bribe oObama?
Enough of this plastic and cosmetics surgery to corruption under jona. Explain this
Before yar'adua died subsidy was just 900 bill which was really inflated. Your guy under 1 year it jumped to 2.3 trillion. How do you justify this. Kerosene wich I still byis soLD for 145 per liter .but they still claim they are subsidizing it and that it is sold for 50 naira this we all know is a lie.
Looking at the so-called airport rremodeling. It is a total scam.which have you been to recently .the value of money paid is not reflected in the quality of what is on ground..tha MM1 and MM2 they are below world standard in terms of furnishings, aesthetic and facilities. The central AC system breaks down often.
You talked about agriculture. I will say in terms of NPK for farmers yes it is a little better than before ,but there is still corruption.during the allocation period.
With the huge amount of money being claimed by the agric mminister been spent on rice.we ought to be eating locally made rice now. I bet you.. During this festive period how many saw this rice. I can tell you authoritatively 97% of Nigerians eat Thai rice.take the award of the CCTV system in abuja.what is the status of it today?
Take the military for example with close to 5 trillion what have we achieved
This was the same army which was without such funding during the sirelone and Liberian crisis dealt with the rebels whose skill and manpower were far more advance than that of boko haram.
Now tell me is not corruption .

2 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by holatin(m): 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
jayonpoint:

U did voodoo research n paste here, to u it won any insane taxi driver who doesn't no wat he want over. Now, holatin pasted his, it wsnt evident enuf n there u deviated (fallacy) to jump on fashola. Haba! Must u add pple to u family listsof fools? Btw who certified ur nonsense u wrote up there in trying to justify ur joblessness? Idiat!

Gimme Buhari/Osinbajo joor!
tanx man, God bless you sir
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
@mathewbriggs, I will honestly tell you that I did not even bother to read half of your post because its a lame attempt at covering GEJ's failures. No body is looking for blood or wants a witch hunts of public office holders. All we ask is that the rule of law should take place. We have organizations that are suppose to investigate and persecute corrupt practices and financial crimes. These organizations were setup and are still been run using tax payers money. Dose it make any sense that we continue to spend money on these organizations when clearly "you claim" GEJ is implementing another strategy of prevention is better than cure?
I can tell you that the US is also a corrupt society but many believe that Nigeria is more corrupt because many corrupt practices go unpunished. The US that is less corrupt but still prosecutes mores public office holders than Nigeria and you are trying to give me another excuse that GEJ is trying to adopt some useless strategy. Please nobody is forcing you to support GMB because I know that many pro GEJ are just not sure who is the lesser devil BTW him and GEJ. You don't have to cookup long flimsy excuses because of that. Just Google anyone of the other contestants and support finish.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by nku5: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
holatin:

During my search for other primary evidence on this
matter, I stumbled on a case with a suit number
FHC/ABJ/M/340/06, filed on August 21, 2007 at the
Federal High Court, Abuja. As indicated in this file,
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s -led EFCC named Mrs.
Patience Jonathan, wife of Goodluck Jonathan, as an
accomplice in the N104million money laundering
case involving one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The
amount in question was stated in this file to be
laundered on the order of Mrs Patience Goodluck into
a First Bank of Nigeria account number
3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan
Public Relations Limited by one Hanner Offor.
Still not satisfied with this new primary source on
the issue at hand, further effort was exerted to dig
into the archive. Again, we (with help from an NGO)
stumbled on the EFFC’s affidavit used in supporting
the above mentioned suit’s originating summons.
In this document, Ofem Uket, the then EFCC
prosecuting officer declared, “Our investigations
revealed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of the
Governor of Bayelsa State, was the person who
instructed one Hanner Offor to launder the said sum
of N104, 000, 000 into the account of Nansolyvan
Public Relations Limited with First Bank of Nigeria
Plc (FBN), Niger House, Marina, Lagos”.
To further establish the veracity of this discovery, I
was forced to search for a court ruling on this
matter. Findings revealed that on August 22, 2006,
Justice Anwuli Chikere who then was at the Federal
High Court, Abuja presided over the EFCC’s
application on this case and ruled that, “leave is
hereby granted to the Executive Chairman of the
EFCC to … freeze the bank accounts of the persons
referred to as the account holders pending the
conclusion of the investigation of the activities of
the said persons in connection with their
involvement in the acts of money laundering and
other economic and financial crimes related
offences.”
Given that the combined use of both primary and
secondary sources is needed to make a reliable
historical narration, effort was also directed at
newspaper reports of this suit and judgement.
Among many others, in its September 11, 2006
edition, a story under the caption,”EFCC seizes
N104m from Bayelsa Governor’s Wife” featured in
Punch newspaper. The news item was put together
by Sam Akpe and Tobi Soniyi, Abuja.
When cross-examined with our newly found primary
sources, we observed consistency between contents
of the newly discovered primary resources on this
matter and this news reportage. It may be interesting
to produce parts of these documents which highlight
how EFCC arrived at the conclusion that the
laundered money in question involved Jonathan and
Madam Patience.

http://newafricanpress.com/2011/09/07/circle-of-lies-goodluck-and-patience-jonathan-burden-of-history/

Ok the EFCC counsel declared in court that PEJ ordered someone to launder money. What evidence did the counsel tender to back it up? That should be crux of the matter.

3 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by ayindejimmy(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I have spoken to a cab drivers from different regions. The west and east mainly, are more open to politically opposing views. The north are harder to convince.

This is not a copy and paste article ... This is 100% original.

I wrote this based on my conviction.

Very true voters safe guard your PVC. A card made possible by a man who wants your vote to count. The PVC makes it more Harder for electoral corruption to take place because its is computerised. This happened under GEJ.
You kept saying this and that happened under Gej. Please, be informed.. what we are changing is the party... Pdp. You forget so easily this's 16 years of pdp government. As apc been given any chance at the Federal level? What makes you think they can't exceed this tiny achievement of pdp in the last 16 years.
It's very imperative we exhibit our power to change political parties that do not perform... That will be a warning alert to keep all politicians on their toes.
And one more thing... Plzzzzz. Gej ain't doing anything about fighting corruption. The figures we hear missing these days are too astronomical to the common man's eardrum
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by cjrane: 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
This thread was inspired by my encounter with a cab driver today. I boarded a cab ... as the journey progressed. The driver started talking about how APC's buhari was the best thing for Nigeria. After spending few minutes with him in that cab discussing politics ... This guy moved from been a buhari supporter to undecided.

All I basically did was share with him my conviction on why I think Good luck deserves a second term.
The first thing any buhari supporter would do when they start engaging you is complain about Jonathan government. Their complains revolves around three key themes. They are a) Corruption b) Insecurity c) and the economy.

In the next couple of days I would be addressing each of these themes on separate threads as I try to share with you my personal conviction.
for today I would Start with Corruption

You cannot engage with Janjaweeed supporter nor win them over because their default position is tribal and religious bigotry.
They are simply incapable of reasoning without tribal and religious consideration.

2 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by holatin(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
nku5:

Ok the EFCC counsel declared in court that PEJ ordered someone to launder money. What evidence did the counsel tender to back it up? That should be crux of the matter.
read dat link thoroughly, I can't type much today, feeling Hot bastardly
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
jaybee3:
@Matthew

Leme paint the scenario better. 2 fathers have a notorious son that steal every single meat in the pot. Whenever he enters the Kitchen.
The First Father (GEJ) creates a new rule in the house that the kitchen is to be locked at all times and that the pot should be hidden, only those authorized to have access to it can see it. The son comes in the first day he sees no pot, he comes in the second day he sees no pot. He comes in the third day the kitchen is locked. After a whole year the son comes to realize that stealing meat from the pot is futile because you can't find the meat in the first place.

Final analysis. No meat is stolen... every one is happy.

The second father (Buhari) decides to punish his son for stealing meat. He beats the hell out of him. One week after the beating. The son enters the kitchen and still discovers the pot is open. This time he is more careful and ensures no one is watching and he steals again, again and again. The father is pissed when he catches him again. This time he denies him meat and give him 20 lashes.

Final analysis. Meat will still be stolen... Boy hates his father the more.

Jaybee which father was more effective in protecting the meat. You answer is as good as mine.

I hundred percent agree with you that the first step to fighting corruption is education and that GEJ has made some really uncalled for utterances in the past. Going forward he would need to really communicate his stance more clearly. Moreover I have learnt not to judge people not by their words but by their actions.

Put GEJ and Buhari side by Side. I think GEJ despite his short coming fared well in tackling corruption. This is one key theme my post addresses. Going forward GEJ would have to develop a more robust strategy if he wins.

8 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
holatin:

During my search for other primary evidence on this matter, I stumbled on a case with a suit number
FHC/ABJ/M/340/06, filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja. As indicated in this file,
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu’s -led EFCC named Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of Goodluck Jonathan, as an
accomplice in the N104million money laundering case involving one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu.
http://newafricanpress.com/2011/09/07/circle-of-lies-goodluck-and-patience-jonathan-burden-of-history/

One thing I would never do, Is try to absolve GEJ or any politician of a corruption accusation ... God forbid. I would rather condemn corruption than defend it.

The main focus of this thread is not whether GEJ or his wife is corrupt ... One of the main themes of my thread is how effective have GEJ been in fighting corruption despite his short comings. I shared with you my takes on the strategy used by both candidates on this thread. You as the reader should come to your own personal conclusion on who was the most effective.

More you did not answer all my questions... Holatin I asked you a question. Have you ever asked Fashola why he is refusing to domesticate the FOI bill. ?

Have you asked Fashola what he is doing to fight corruption. ?

Has APC as a party told you how they have been able to fight corruption in their states. ?

Why have you failed to address the points I raised about Buhari in my post. I am looking forward to hear your convictions.

Do you think Buhari is right by stating Abacha is not corrupt. ?

Your answers would influence my continued discussion with you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

North Is Not One / Nigeria’s Crude Oil: A Curse Or Blessing? / Buhari Is Dead And Here Is The Proof - Nnamdi Kanu Gives Shocking Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.