Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) (8657 Views)

Supporters And Friends Abandon Metuh In Court - Sahara Reporters / Memos To GMB: No 1 - Corruption / (Boko haram )PART 2 Of How I Engage With APC Supporters & Win Them Over Offline. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:
@ posters I am currently in the office at the moment would responds to issues you are raising in regards to my post... once I am on break. Do bear with me for the delay in responding.

Moreover keep you comments coming.

thank you ... smiley

The universally accepted and effective ways to stop a crime is actually 3 steps.

1. Make laws against such. Let people know that there is always punishment for actions that run contrary to the law.
2. Put in place mechanisms such that people know they would be caught for wrong doing no matter what.
3. And make justice swift and effective as possible.

None of this is in the scope of what the President is doing. So how does he want to achieve anything. ?

Get this and you would curb corruption. What

2 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by jelel6: 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
how about those he granted presidential pardon, people already convicted of crime. After all the rigorous process to bring them to book. But with the wave of the hand, they become clean. What comes to your mind when you hear something like that? Or is that also part of the preventive mechanism which you advocate for?
kaboninc:

For God's sake, GEJ never said he's not punishing them. But because of the rots even in the prosecution processes, more attention is given in preventing future occurrence so as to deter others from committing same crime.

Good a thing you mentioned Lawan. Lawan is still at the preliminary stages of his prosecution. Do you think such a guy won't fight to the last just to clear his name knowing fully well that he indeed committed a crime?

Is it GEJ's fault that the matter is still ongoing? Even our prisons are packed with awaiting trials. Is it GEJ's fault? Some ministry staff can just kill your case by hiding or stealing or burning your file. But with strengthen processes and institutions, not every kind of person can handle such files.
how about those he granted presidential pardon, people already convicted of crime. After all the rigorous process to bring them to book. But with the wave of the hand, they become clean. What comes to your mind when you hear something like that? Or is that also part of the preventive mechanism which you advocate for?

2 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by jelel6: 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2015
the op should not go on and continue with his next item of his presentation until he rationally answers all the issues raised here. That is if he can, i bet he cant. Falsehood can never outshine truth

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Chylo(m): 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I have been very busy ... Just closed from work.

GEJ is a very marketable product the challenge GEJ is facing is that he has a very weak propaganda team who is just waking up from a long slumber.

If GEJ loses the election. It would not be because he did not perform well. It would be because those in charge of selling his image to Nigerians did a poor job.

Mumu, garri does not do advert, but it sells more than indomie. Good works speak for themselves.

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 15, 2015
ASL33:
The problem with we Africans is that we want quick fix which doesn't last. Jim Nwaobdo and others was jailed for more that 2000 years in jail. Today Jim and his cohorts that are still alive are the ones running riots in their various states. If after 32 yrs of Buhari fighting corruption and we still have corrupt people around it only means that he did not succeed. If he did not succed then he will not succed now that he senses are no longer together due to old age.
You can as well go to bed and leave the doors to your shop open because GEJ just jailed some thieves last year and since he did that there isn't a single living thief again. abi no be so?
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Change2015(m): 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
Curlieweed:
I

Shallow comeback mixed with incoherent gibberish. You posted the article to make us believe that the said crimes happened under GEJ. Do you have any evidence that nothing was done about the issues uncovered by the audit?

This thread was started to tell us how Jonathan is tackling corruption. I suggest you dig up the evidence that he has done something about the report. Diezani is still in office, untroubled, Stella Oduah was not prosecuted...
But then I see you are a little hard of understanding, so please keep theorising about Jonathans anti-corruption activities because the man in the street sees inactivity where that is concerned.

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Change2015(m): 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
ITbomb:
Your answers are bolden.

Blood of Jesus... Lol. I almost understood you... Almost!

#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by dolphinheart(m): 11:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
Most of the bad things I stopped doing while growing up was because of the punishment I received once I commited any wrongdoing. If you steal meat, u get trashed to the extent that you'll hate the local butcher for selling meat to your mum. But if they just keep hiding the meat, I device new ways to steal.

In the case of Curruption in government, u cannot hide the meat cus u direct ur children(government officials) to take from the pot(national purse) in other to perform certain duties . So instead of hiding the pot, make sure u remove the teeth of the first child that steals, I can bet u his siblings will think thrice before thinking about stealing meat.

2 Likes

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2015
RedArrow:
Buhari till GEJ admits that STEALING IS CORRUPTION

You talked about two main strategies of fighting corruption, Prevention and Prosecution. What's wrong in applying both simultaneously?

Have you won me over
good point there but this is democracy and goodluck is not the judiciary. the judiciary has failed in that aspect
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Change2015(m): 12:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Observations from someone else
http://friskylarr.com/2015/01/13/the-presidential-joke-called-jonathan/

Now, the nation is debating how best to fight corruption
with the President unwittingly triggering consternation in the
wake of his utterance that corruption cannot be fought by
jailing people. Never mind that corruption is a capital
offence in China that is punishable by death and long-term
imprisonment in very many other countries of the world
including the USA with the array of high-tech at its disposal.
Yet Nigeria's President contends that his focus is not set on
punishing corrupt people with imprisonment but on creating
a high-tech system that will disengage when people seek to
divert funds for purposes other the ones they are meant for.
What a joke! The President doesn't seem to ask himself
what high-tech system would stop a government officer
from collecting kickbacks. He doesn’t seem to ask what
system would prevent the inflation of contract costs. He
doesn't seem to ask what system would stop officers from
seeking gratifications before the award of contracts etc.
etc. This is the extent of the boundless intelligence of a man
ruling over Africa’s most populous nation.

#notbuyingthebs
#change
#GMB
#APC
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by oluwasuski: 1:09am On Jan 16, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

Detecting in the first place makes it easier for you to prosecute and take appropriate action. You cant prosecute what you can't see.

The 60,000 ghost workers are a good case study. If GEJ was heavily on prosecution like Buhari. Our prisons would have 60,000 more people added in one swoop. These people are someones father

Buhari wouldn't have prosecuted 60,000 people, he would have moved mountains to find those behind the fictitious names registered as ghost workers because they denied some real unemployed fathers from getting a job, mind you these same pple who are perpetuating this fraud are not up to 5% of that 60,000. Corruption is a monster, you can't fight it with kid gloves, you can't just hide the key to ur pot of meat like u said else ur son will simply look for something else to steal, he might even disgrace you by stealing in someone else home, rather you punish him severly first before hiding any key...if we need more prisons to make nigeria a saner country, by all means let's build more. JONATHAN HAS DONE ALMOST NOTHING TO FIGHT CORRUPTION SO FAR
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by okotv(m): 6:21am On Jan 16, 2015
stanech:
the APC chairman was asked how they will fight corruption and he mentioned FOI bill and I was wandering how many APC states has domesticated the bill yet?

seriously the holier than thou attitude of APC is killing me. this same APC overwhelmingly voted against local government autonomy and rejected it in their various states .

let's not forget about judicial autonomy that the APC states are against p.s the FG (Jonathan) has signed the bill into law
the second paragraph, a link please
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by stanech: 9:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
okotv:
the second paragraph, a link please

I am in Edo state and I can tell you that Edo state APC legislators where the first to throw the local govt autonomy law through the window

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by okotv(m): 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
stanech:

I am in Edo state and I can tell you that Edo state APC legislators where the first to throw the local govt autonomy law through the window
why did you use various States. Generalisations are false in most cases including this. The general party's idea is that they support it.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 12:21am On Jan 19, 2015
mrmetoo1:
TRUE STORY: I know a girl that worked in one of these big banks that stole about N200m. She got fired but right now she's free living it up, no jail time. Do you think others are going to see that and say, I'm not going to steal? What will be going through their head is let me steal enough and go chill somewhere. The main reason I think that girl walked is because she had something on her superiors or maybe the top guys thought it might have put in the bank in a bad light.

The reason I feel GEJ can't really fight corruption is because he too is highly corrupt so he'll rather let people go than stand a risk at anyone exposing him.

Do you know how many times he said if you threaten period with jail time, they'll fight yesterday. Why does he keep saying that? Buhari has only said he'll jail the corrupt, why does GEJ feel the need to address that?

TRUE story I know a man who was once a former vice president of Nigeria who used his office to enrich himself to stupor, he stole billions of dollars this same man is currently one of those sponsoring Buhari's re-election bid.

That alone makes me think buhari can't fight corruption. To fight corruption he would have to start with his friends

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 12:26am On Jan 19, 2015
dolphinheart:
Most of the bad things I stopped doing while growing up was because of the punishment I received once I commited any wrongdoing. If you steal meat, u get trashed to the extent that you'll hate the local butcher for selling meat to your mum. But if they just keep hiding the meat, I device new ways to steal.

In the case of Curruption in government, u cannot hide the meat cus u direct ur children(government officials) to take from the pot(national purse) in other to perform certain duties . So instead of hiding the pot, make sure u remove the teeth of the first child that steals, I can bet u his siblings will think thrice before thinking about stealing meat.

Most of the bad things I did not do while growing up was because my parent created an environment that made it hard for me to do them without been caught.

Removing the teeth of corrupt people which Buhari did … did nothing to stop corruption it had and ephimeral and short lived effect. Those people he removed their teeth. have growing back the teeth and continued stealing. You need to hide the meat and remove their teeth that is all my post have been saying.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:01am On Jan 19, 2015
ayindejimmy:

You kept saying this and that happened under Gej. Please, be informed.. what we are changing is the party... Pdp. Y[b]ou forget so easily this's 16 years of pdp government. [/b] As apc been given any chance at the Federal level? What makes you think they can't exceed this tiny achievement of pdp in the last 16 years.
It's very imperative we exhibit our power to change political parties that do not perform... That will be a warning alert to keep all politicians on their toes.
And one more thing... Plzzzzz. Gej ain't doing anything about fighting corruption. The figures we hear missing these days are too astronomical to the common man's eardrum

@ bolded Pls lets not go there with APC receiving tons of PDP members, the same set of people that played a crucial role in PDP. They are responsible for whatever Nigeria turned out to be in the last 16yrs. This same people are powerful stake holders in your party. APC is PDP with a new name.

A vote for APC is still a vote for PDP with a new name.

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by dolphinheart(m): 2:26am On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

Most of the bad things I did not do while growing up was because my parent created an environment that made it hard for me to do them without been caught.

Removing the teeth of corrupt people which Buhari did … did nothing to stop corruption it had and ephimeral and short lived effect. Those people he removed their teeth. have growing back the teeth and continued stealing. You need to hide the meat and remove their teeth that is all my post have been saying.

No child is a saint , no person can say he has not done something bad while he/she was a child. That's why the use of the rod is encouraged .

The teeths buhari removed grew back cus he was there for a short while,therefore the short lived effect. if he had been in charge for 6 years, those gums that will grow the teeth would have died, Talk less of teeth growing.

You might say I'm harsh on currupt people and they are somebody s parents . But when Iook at the effect of their greed, which include unneccessary deaths in hospitals, effect of fake drugs on sick people. Pain caused by accidents on bad roads, I dnt think I have a choice than to wish them complete , total teeth removal.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by eleven(m): 3:10am On Jan 19, 2015
At OP, you are very correct. The major challenge Jonathan had was effective communication of his strategies to the public.

One reason why some Nigerians are not happy with him. I keep telling people he is the best president we have as at today, he has achieved more than his predecessors within a short time in spite of the security challenges.

Opposition parties don't really have anything to offer at Federal level, they are only riding on the back of his ineffective communication to deceive the masses. So far they almost succeeded to some extend in turning the people against a good man with their more efficient communication skills and the help of our very lazy & sensational media, luckily for him the tides are slowly changing. People are beginning to think, compare and ask questions across different social media platforms.

For some people working/worked in corporate environments, they now understand that the man is running this country the way a good company should be run. Build systems, review, correct & simplify processes and procedures using IT. Just like in safety and health, fighting corruption effectively is same strategy "Prevention is always better than cure"

Another challenge are his media handlers, if he wins, would seriously advise him to change the whole team, they contributed to the challenges he is currently facing. They do not communicate his visions properly to the masses instead they allowed themselves to be dragged down to the opposition's turf.

Jonathan as a gentleman should have no business with a man like Doyin Okupe, he needs more level headed media assistants that can effectively communicate his visions without insults/twit fights, professional assistants that understands the importance of presidential image management.

The awareness of his good works needs to be communicated more, unfortunately a 35mins opportunity to improve this awareness was abused by his minister of state for works on Channels TV some hours ago. The man was busy discussing/abusing Buhari instead of using that opportunity to let the world know what this good president has done and is doing. At times I think these guys are deliberately sabotaging Jonathan's efforts. Wasted hands.

But still President Jonathan will triumph again by HIS grace. Amen.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by mrmetoo1: 6:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

TRUE story I know a man who was once a former vice president of Nigeria who used his office to enrich himself to stupor, he stole billions of dollars this same man is currently one of those sponsoring Buhari's re-election bid.

That alone makes me think buhari can't fight corruption. To fight corruption he would have to start with his friends

I know exactly what you mean but I'm willing to give him a chance. I appreciate that the debate between us has been civil. You probably can't convince me to vote PDP while I can't convince you to vote APC. Saying that, I believe even though Buhari has corrupt friends right now, he's going to fight corruption a lot better than GEJ. I'd said it in a post a long time ago that I'm not as interested in him going after past guys that have stolen money as I'm interested in him leading by example and making sure he brings corruption to the barest minimum in his own administration. I wrote that before he became flag bearer.

P.S. - let me be more specific when I say you can't convince me not APC in general, just Buhari and Ambode. I guess in your case Agbaje and GEJ
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by mrmetoo1: 7:16am On Jan 19, 2015
eleven:
At OP, you are very correct. The major challenge Jonathan had was effective communication of his strategies to the public.

One reason why some Nigerians are not happy with him. I keep telling people he is the best president we have as at today, he has achieved more than his predecessors within a short time in spite of the security challenges.

Opposition parties don't really have anything to offer at Federal level, they are only riding on the back of his ineffective communication to deceive the masses. So far they almost succeeded to some extend in turning the people against a good man with their more efficient communication skills and the help of our very lazy & sensational media, luckily for him the tides are slowly changing. People are beginning to think, compare and ask questions across different social media platforms.

For some people working/worked in corporate environments, they now understand that the man is running this country the way a good company should be run. Build systems, review, correct & simplify processes and procedures using IT. Just like in safety and health, fighting corruption effectively is same strategy "Prevention is always better than cure"

Another challenge are his media handlers, if he wins, would seriously advise him to change the whole team, they contributed to the challenges he is currently facing. They do not communicate his visions properly to the masses instead they allowed themselves to be dragged down to the opposition's turf.

Jonathan as a gentleman should have no business with a man like Doyin Okupe, he needs more level headed media assistants that can effectively communicate his visions without insults/twit fights, professional assistants that understands the importance of presidential image management.

The awareness of his good works needs to be communicated more, unfortunately a 35mins opportunity to improve this awareness was abused by his minister of state for works on Channels TV some hours ago. The man was busy discussing/abusing Buhari instead of using that opportunity to let the world know what this good president has done and is doing. At times I think these guys are deliberately sabotaging Jonathan's efforts. Wasted hands.

I was over this thread before Matthewbriggs (btw how you tag people on NL) brought me back in here. I've worked in the cooperate world for several years, worked for a couple of technology companies and I don't see how he's running the country well. When you say he's using IT, it's almost the same as when he said he's using technology. It simply doesn't make sense, it's too vague. In my opinion, please feel free to disagree the reason his media team haven't come out to explain this to us is because they have nothing to explain. If the media guys can't explain then let them bring out these Anti-Corruption IT experts to come explain to us what they're doing. Accountability is another way of fighting corruption because what's the use of recovering money from one thief only for it to end up in the pocket of another one. How much has been recovered from said technology, what have we used it for?

Now when you talk about corporate world anywhere around the world, if a worker steals could be company info, maybe in a bank they steal money what do you think happens to them? They go to jail. You get tried, you get jailed. All these big execs that were charged with fraud go to jail.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:09am On Jan 19, 2015
RoddyMan:
@ Matthewbrigss: 1st -Naming and Shaming corrupt politicians and civil servants is a big tool for deterrence. If you do not send people to Jail and embarass them publicly (I personally would have preferred execution), they would only be encouraged to get more sophisticated and find other loop holes to take advantage of. Making it more difficult to embezzle is a grossly inadequate strategy.

Where did I state GEJ is against jailing people who have been convicted of corruption. Read my piece I stated GEJ has made more strides in prevention that prosecution. Going forwards he would need a more robust strategy.

2nd - His body language, such as granting pardon to people like Alamaisegha means he is not really sincere about fighting corruption. http://www.channelstv.com/2013/04/09/us-describes-alams-pardon-as-set-back-to-fight-against-corruption/

I do not support that action. Moreover given your logic Buhari saying Abacha is not corrupt … a general that has been indicted by the west. this mean he is really not sincere about fighting corruption.
Buhari surrounding himself with the likes of Atiku and Tinubu both with a shoddy past … to the extent they are sponsoring his campaigns really mean he is not sincere to fight corruption

3rd - You mentioned 427cases by the EFCC, I would be interested to know how many of these cases relate to cases of civil servants/ politicians as against private cases like 'Yahoo boys/419' or fraud cases in private companies. I'm very sure that more than 80% will relate to the latter group.

Oh it no longer that Jonathan is not prosecuting corrupt people but that 80% percent of them are yahoo.
Kai APC, I tire for una.

Moreover I have no concrete details on the specifics of the case. Vist here to know more http://efccnigeria.org/efcc/index.php/news
Moreover as I write this Under Jonathan NO fewer than 12 governors are being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission for massive fraud and misappropriation of public funds in their states. Governors Rochas Okorocha of Imo State; and Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State as being on the probe list.

“Both of them are aware of the investigations but others are not. If we give you their names, they will start intense lobbying and manoeuvrings which won’t aid our investigations,” the source added.

Last year, the sacked chairmen of the 27 local governments in Imo State had told the EFCC that Okorocha misappropriated funds from a N13.5bn bond raised by his predecessor, Ikedi Ohakim. (Okorocah is APC)
http://www.punchng.com/news/efcc-icpc-probe-12-governors-for-massive-fraud/

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has described media reports that it had dropped corruption case against the governor-elect of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, as untrue. The agency’s Head of Media and Publicity, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, told our correspondent on Monday that the recent election of Fayose had not affected the ongoing trial of the governor-elect at the Federal High Court, Ado-Ekiti, for alleged corruption.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fayose-still-has-a-case-to-answer-efcc/

Lest I forget under GEJ the judiciary is more independent. EFFC is doing their best to prosecute but the more bigger the thief the hard it is to convict.

4th - Why has he been unable to strengthen the Judiciary to enable them close cases of fraud against public officials? I believe he lacks the will power/guts to fight the corrupt members of his party/cabinet that helped him get into his current position. If his current wealth/position is as a result of the support of a corrupt environment, how can he fight it?

In the last two years, the Jonathan administration has strengthened the independence of judiciary by improving the integrity of the appointment of judges and enhancing their security of tenure.

Also the federal Government has signed an MOU to implement the court Judgment granting the Judiciary autonomy FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE meaning the Judicial arm of Government will now get their monetary allocation directly from source and no longer needs to lobby for funds.
http://leadership.ng/news/392289/judiciary-autonomy-fg-agrees-implement-court-ruling

GEJ is doing so ...but more should be done going forward.

Inbtween I made some statements About APC and Buhari do you care to respond to them.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:10am On Jan 19, 2015
emiye:

You have not listed PDP states that have domesticate FOI act, i am sure Ekiti state led the way. BTW, a court injunction of recent stated that states do not need to domesticate for them to be under the influence of the act.

If you support candidates and not party, you will not be canvassing for a man who is weak.
1. 400,000 barrels of oil stolen daily, 2. increased petrol price from 65-97naira in a period of oil boom over 100usd/barrel. 3. power supply has not seen any worthwhile improvement 5 years down the line, it is still the same 4,000mw i have been hearing since the Obj regime 4. trillions used in paying fraudulent kerosene subsidy annually, that same amount can build four (4.) or more large scale refineries and there would be change. 5 Excess crude oil account wiped out 6. Several local govts taken over by BH, and BH obviously is enlarging its coast, over 2,000 killed in Baga days ago, yet the man does not appear bothered. 7. Failed to diversify the economy after 5 years, but simply lip service, 70% of the budget still on recurrent expenditure in a developing country that needs lots of physical infrastructures . 8. No concrete plan for grand scale unemployment that is a ticking time bomb, but minimalist approach like "youwin".

1. I chose to support a man who because of him Nigerians now go from PH - Enugu on Jonathan train for only N650, Under president goodluck jonathan.
2. I chose to support a man who met DEAD railways! and revived the Lagos-Kano route in 2011 and PH-Enugu route. because of him Lagosians now ride air conditioned trains!
3. I chose to support a man who because of him Nigeria now produces power at the highest level at almost 4,500MW
4. I chose to support a man who because of him Benin Ore road where in the past thousands have lost their life is now safe and motorable
5. I chose to support a man who because of him Highest increase in life expectancy in Nigeria has increase to 51.9 years
5. I chose to support a man who empowered Over 1,200 Nigerian youths to be job creators through YOUWIN.
6. I chose to support a man who working with Bill Gate took polio cases from 50 to 6
7. I chose to support a man who unlike the other candidate is not stifling the press and suppression citizens’ right to freedom of speech... Infact you can criticize the president and still get an award from him.
8. I chose to support a man who under him Global auto giants like Peugeot, Nissan and Hyundai now either assemble or wholly manufacture small cars, Sport Utility Vehicles, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria.
10. I chose to support a man who made for the first time since independence Nigerians from the South-East region of the country can now travel their region to the outside world thanks to The Akanu Ibiam Airport in Enugu.
11. I chose to support a man who unbundled of the dysfunctional Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) into about 18 profit-driven companies

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2015
holatin:
re you talking about the foi bill
you said something here
Irrespective of his shortcomings I make bold to say that GEJ is one president that has Silently done quite a lot in the fight against corruption compared to other administration. I say this for the following reasons. dats d reason I post GEJ and wife corruption deed.

until you answer those as my response to the above excerpt, I may nt give you what you need

I gave you my response and asked you a question and you refuse to answer my question. It is evident you have no answer.
Unlike you I accept the fact that GEJ is a work in progress. I do not see GEJ the way you see your Buhari and APC as gods who can do no wrong.
To the extent they would be milking you dry under your nose and you would still be shouting SAi Buhari.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:17am On Jan 19, 2015
mrmetoo1:

My guy please stop this!! The person the father gave access is stealing the meat. The fact is meat is being stolen kitchen closed or not. Meat is being stolen, the soup is being licked on top.
Get back to us when the meat is no longer being stolen. Then only a highly irresponsible father will know that his sin is a thief but instead of disciplining him, locks the door. If that boy can't steal from you, he's steal elsewhere

Prevention and prosecution goes hand in hand. GEJ is doing both. He is preventing and prosecuting.
My post simply highlights the fact that he has been prevention heavy. Prosecution is actually much harder to carry out in a democratic setting given the nuisances of our judiciary process. Prevention therefore pays better, but going forward he should build an much more robust anti corruption strategy.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:24am On Jan 19, 2015
obi4eze:
Mr Matthew
How does the depletion of our excess crude savings without accountability equate to fighting corruption?
Can Dr Jonathan tell us what happened to all the loans he collected from China and US to fight terrorism and develop infrastructure?
Can he explain what actually happened to the funds gotten from SURE-P?
Or can someone tell me why a certain convicted thief in the person of DSP Alamieseigha was pardoned by Dr Jonathan?
Accountability and Integrity are very important in the fight against corruption and it is more than obvious that he does not have these qualities.
The fact is that we need CHANGE! And Jonathan has proved that he cannot give it to us. His transformation agenda is just a corruption agenda.
My brother join the CHANGE train. Don't be left behind.

akinsadeez:
The OP has tried to paint GEJ as fighting corruption more than any other president. However some examples puts paid to these lies.

1) Why did Jonathan grant a presidential pardon to Dipriye Alamieyeseigha, his erstwhile boss and notoriously corrupt boss despite the public outcry from majority of Nigerians and the United States where Alams remains a wanted felon. If you remember, alamieyesigha was being tried on charges of money laundering of one million dollars in the US when he escaped to Nigeria dressed as a woman. Till today he remains wanted in the US. Yet Jonathan, a man who is being portrayed as an anti corruption czar gladly gave him a presidential pardon opening the way for him to contest for political posts again. A convict who sucked his people dry while in power and Jonathan has cleared the way for him to come back into power. Won't he steal again?

2) Why is that Gej continues to hobnob with Buruji Kashamu, another person who is clearly wanted in the US. Ever since GEJ has come to power Kashamu has been given accelerated promotion and prominence in the southwest. Is this also another method of fighting corruption?

3) How come Gej said ordinary stealing is different from corruption, something he has not been able to sufficiently explain till today. Will a president who is fighting corruption tell you that stealing is not corruption?

4) EFF has tried 427 cases but how many did they successfully get a conviction. Erastus Akingbola's case, El rufai's case, Dimeji bankole's case, among others were all thrown out. Intact some of them ended in no case submission which is like the lowest of lows in criminal prosecution. What is the essence of trying 427 cases if you won't win any?

1) In 2014 Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, SAN was dragged before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos over alleged failure to release information and documents relating to spending in public schools in the state. Have you asked him why he is refusing to release it. Have you asked him what he is hiding.. Why is he yet to domesticate the freedom of information bill.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/foi-lagos-gov-court-spending-education-lagos/#sthash.K6t9MF8C.dpuf

2) Has APC as a party told you how they have been able to fight corruption in their states. ?

3) In Lagos State after an audit 8 councils were accused of squandering at least N224 million of public funds on a range of questionable expenditure and unimplemented contracts. What has APC lagos done to them.

4) Can you tell me what a man like Atiku is doing in your party when it is public knowledge that he is the epitome of corruption. (http://saharareporters.com/2007/02/20/vice-president-atikus-burden-corruption) (http://pointblanknews.com/News/THE_US_REPORT.htm

5) Can you tell me why I should vote for Buhari who thinks Abacha is not corrupt even after the US froze 458 million dollars he stole? http://ihuanedo.ning.com/group/betterlivingofedolitesandnigerians/forum/topics/fact-file-hear-your-boot-licking-general-buhari

6) Under Buhari N25 billion-fraud that took place in the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) But when an unfounded allegation of 20 billion goes missing from NNPC you cry Jonathan. (http://theadvocatengr.com/new/ptf-n25bn-disappeared-under-buhari-pdp-campaign-organisation/ )

Your answers would influence my continued discussion with you.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by maasoap(m): 9:10am On Jan 19, 2015
Zellie:
Adopting a pragmatic approach to fight Corruption (like what GEJ is doing) is the only solution, not jailing people for 200 years.

Following

In China, corrupt people are being tried, sentenced and executed and the results are there for all of us to see. And here in Nigeria, you are saying that sending corrupt people to a long jail sentence is not the solution but building the institutions. What you failed to understand is that no matter the kind of institutions you built, people will still find a way around it. When corrupt people are made to realize that they are not going to enjoy their loot, they will think twice before stealing. What is even rational about deciding not to punish the corrupt people. Build institutions and punish the corrupts. Institutions will surely collapse if punishment is not incorporated. And Jonathan had made it clear that he can't put people in prison just because they stole our collective wealth. Why do we have constitution? Why do we have courts? Why do we have prison? You guys are irritating.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by dolphinheart(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
eleven:

You are partly correct, on some points, I do agree with you.

Jona can be a good man, but the country need a good leader, not a good man.
1.Jona took on bad advisors and assistants
2.jona himself said he had been given bad advise.
3. He has up till now done nothing about The bad advisors or bad advises (a plus to those who say he is clueless)
Example of the bad avisors is okupe and that minister of state( that man is useless).
Also we have moro and wike, with jet hugging dezzy . I dnt know most of the former ministers and I never hear any of their works . The working sports minister was sacked and things nosedived since then in sports. The only minister I have seen working fantastic is the agric minister and he is Jonas saving grace .
4. Jona himself has not blown his own trumpet as mostimes he does not tell us what he has done in 6 years (if you know pls tell us ). I dnt want "I'm repairing, I'm about to " "we have started work" story.

Those working in cooperate environment are still using generators at work and at home. With all the promises he made for over 6 years , light never improve pass 4,500mw.
They still have the normal bottlenecks in doing bussiness.

They now have the issues the issues of foreign exchange to deal with.
Even foreign firms are sceptical.

They still have to deal with unemployable graduates six years on and probably for the next ten years.

Why I personaly dnt like jona to be the president

1. He "in his body language" supports curuption , hubbobbing with the abachas and alamase.

2.he has refused to that far reaching , observable actions on security, both localy and nationaly.

3.personaly to me, we are still in the dark ages when it comes to the railway system.
Other african countries are already using better trains and we are still buying old stocks and repainting them .
Heard he signed a contract with the chinees to built rail and train for us for 13b for 30 years (if you be manager, can you give out such a contract).

4. He had made statements that I view as embarassing to the office . For example, the "MEND targeting me" statement. When he had earlier said something different. The fight agaist curruption with the use of technology" statement. The "Motor park tout" statement, when you know you go still go beg am for house. The "curruption is ordinary stealing" statement. The "I dnt give a damn" statement. The ceasefire blunder.
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by TippyTop(m): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Great piece of intelligent article.

1 Like

Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by dolphinheart(m): 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
To me , in the past 6 years the following has increased.:
1. Cases of curuption that are swept under the capet e.g the malabu case, the 20b$ case, the Stella issue, the employment issue of moro , the 10b jet issue, the nnpc issue, the subsidy issues, the chinok girls issue.
2. Security issues
3. Fuel pump price
4. Electricity tariff
5. Illegal binkering issues
6. Foreign exchange issues
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by holatin(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

I gave you my response and asked you a question and you refuse to answer my question. It is evident you have no answer.
Unlike you I accept the fact that GEJ is a work in progress. I do not see GEJ the way you see your Buhari and APC as gods who can do no wrong.
To the extent they would be milking you dry under your nose and you would still be shouting SAi Buhari.
for every question, there is an answer, you wrote something and I asked how Jonathan fought his wife many cases of money laundering, you dissuade it, and I said if you don't tell me how he fought those cases, I won't give you answers to what you need.

don't forget DAT proverb
charity begins ...............
his wife has already become a thief since ..........
Re: How I Engage With APC Supporters And Win Them Over Offline. Part 1 (Corruption) by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
holatin:
for every question, there is an answer, you wrote something and I asked how Jonathan fought his wife many cases of money laundering, you dissuade it, and I said if you don't tell me how he fought those cases, I won't give you answers to what you need.

don't forget DAT proverb
charity begins ...............
his wife has already become a thief since ..........

The APC is quick to blame Jonathan for all that goes wrong in Nigeria but unwilling to give him credit for all thats right ‪#‎IwillvoteforGEJ‬

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / The Scam Statistics From NBS / PDP: House Caucus Call For Buhari's Impeachment Is Constitutional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.