Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West (7979 Views)

Names And Phone Number Of Electoral Officers For Lagos LG / No Evidence Of Electoral Fraud In River State -jega / Photo: Handover Of Electoral Materials In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by mrmetoo1: 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
You are not objective because...YOU ARE NOT OBJECTIVE.

Do you expect Mr Agbaje to, for instance, answer a poser like: "What is the capital of Lagos State?" with a wrong answer just because Mr Ambode has correctly answered a similar question previously?
Tell me the sense in your line of argument.

You reckon that Mr Ambode has been laidback is his campaign thrust. You apparently did not take into cognisance what led LASAA to begin to remove posters of certain candidates in Lagos.

Mr Agbaje with the calibre of people in his campaign team is expected to run systematic and well-coordinated campaign. We still have about six weeks prior to the guber elections and the time is ample enough to pass the message across. Everything depends on the strategy being put deployed.

Among Mr Agbaje itinerary is the debate being organised by TVC on 30th of January for all the candidates.

Noisemaking does not win elections.

You've totally convinced me I'm not objective. I'm not objective because I'm not objective?? **mind blown**

Dude no one is saying he should disagree with everything all I'm saying is, he's not saying anything new. He's going against someone that has a track record while he doesn't. In short Agbaje wants to use Lagos for training meanwhile we have someone that's going to hit the ground running

2 Likes

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by donfineboi: 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
Lagos state will be a 65% APC 35PDP
Ogun state will be a 70% APC 35%PDP
Oyo state will be a 75% APC 25%PDP
Ekiti state will be a 40% APC 60%PDP
Ondo state will be a 40% APC 60% PDP
Osun will be a 80% APC 20%PDP

The yorubas are the most enlightened voters in the whole of the federation. Its going to be really hard for non PDP states to woo voters since they lack huge financial purses. Ekiti and ondo govts wont mind emptying their treasuries to woo voters within their states.

Other southwestern states with llittle or no PDP influence will vote according to the wind of change blowing across the nation.

Lagos state consists of more yorubas than non yorubas and a sizable number of the non yorubas(enlightened ones) knows the country is going on a wrong path.

Its very impossible for PDP to win the southwest on a free and fair basis.

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by gabriel212: 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
As we approach the finishing line of the 2015 Presidential elections, a slew of forecasts and prognosis are making the rounds in the media: print, electronic and online.

An important staple of these predictions is that they are invariably amenable to the leaning or political persuasion of the forecasters. It has been commonplace to play up the advantages of preferences while the shortcomings of the counterparty is greatly magnified.

The problem with a subjective prediction are rife but the most critical is that it could be among the root causes of post-electoral violence and disaffection.
The propaganda going on from virtually all parties involved in the contest have a tendency to misrepresent reality and lead to unsavoury consequences.

The South West region will certainly be a key determinant to the electoral fortunes of the two leading candidates in the forthcoming election. The foregoing is further corroborated by the intensity of the campaigning going on in the region.

This prediction will attempt a critical x-raying of the possible outcome of each state taking key political factors into consideration.
It is almost trite to aver that political structures are the vehicles that propel electoral fortunes.

EKITI STATE
This state would go to the PDP handily. Right here, the governor Ayo Fayose holds sway: he has a kind of cult following. Granted that the ex-governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi still somewhat a factor, I don't see anything other than a tidy PDP victory here. I believe the APC lost this state after the last gubernatorial election.

Prediction: PDP 65% APC 35%

LAGOS STATE
Lagos is the veritable melting pot of Nigerian nationalities and I foresee this playing a role in the outcome. The national leader of the APC, ex-governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu appears to be in charge here, but his popularity is coming under the severest test since 1999. On the PDP side, their performance would depend on how the trio of Chief Bode George, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro and Sen Kingsley Adeseye Ogunleye mend their fences and forge a unity of purpose.

The close match in popularity of the guber candidates of both APC and the PDP viz Mr Akinwunmi Ambode and Mr Jimi Agbaje respectively hardly helps matters.

In the final analysis, I believe the non-Yoruba voters in Lagos would marginally swing Lagos in favour of the PDP.

Prediction: PDP 53% APC 47%

OGUN STATE
This is state is one of the toughest state to predict in the region. It has a history of rubbishing predictions in the past. This states has in its role call political gladiators of almost every shade. A peep: Baba Olesegun Obasanjo, Chief Segun Osoba, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Kashamu Buruji, Governor Ibikunle Amosu, Dimeji Bankole and others.

However, recent developments will tilt this state to the APC. Firstly the Jonathan/Obasanjo face-off couldn't have come at a worse time for the PDP. Besides, the APC Vice-Presidential candidate hails from here.
On the flip side, the PDP would, contrary to most predictions, record a good showing here. Buruji wields some influence here. Jonathan's best minister comes from this state. APC crisis that saw ex-governor Osoba decamp with all three sitting senators and some members of HOR to the SDP will harm the APC. Finally, Gbenga Daniel with the Sagamu factor is still relevant here.

Prediction: APC 60% PDP 40%

So that is how you people had been deceiving gej of a second term victory?
wait till FEBUHARI 15 and you will understand.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by sanmibukunmi: 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
All this Flawed predictions sef.....what makes u think Governors in south west influence vote? Four years ago ppl in Ogun voted Amosun but together, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ voted Gej en mass, Lagos voted Fashola but still went for Jona in federal votes...gone are those days wen parties play factors ppl will vote not for party but for whom D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ think will do it.see omisore had a good showing in osun but let me bet it with you he Jona won't get upto 10% votes dere.same tin in Ekiti and ondo....people are wise they know that politics is beyond parties its about what they want and whom D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ love.....

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by laimo(m): 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Junk analysis. I shyt and spit on it.
Me too.

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by politifact: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
ONDO STATE
Despite the purported rift in Ondo PDP, I think Mimiko is still in charge here. Mimiko has demonstrated considerable staying power on the political turf and I don't see that changing in the next thirty days.
The most reverred political figure in this state is Chief Olu Falae, the leader of Social Democratic Party. It is expected that the SDP would endorse Jonathan for the election.
For the paucity of many key political players in this state, I think the PDP will comfortably carry the day cue Governor Segun Mimiko.

OSUN STATE
This state gave the PDP the least vote in the region in 2011 and I don't see that changing. Governor Rauf Aregbesola is popular here and would greatly sway things in favour of the APC.
However, the PDP are no paper-weight here. Iyiola Omisore hails from the important Ife axis and depicted his potency by garnering about 45% of total votes cast in the last guber election. Something has also to be said about Femi Fani-Kayode who is among the emerging young Turks in the SW political calculations.

Prediction: APC 66% PDP 34%

OYO STATE
This state has to be too close to call. The main gladiators here are evenly matched. There is hardly much that could distinguish among the incumbent governor Abiola Ajimobi and ex-governors Christopher Alao-Akala and Rasheed Ladoja. The re-election of the sitting governor is by no means guaranteed.

I believe the sitting governor would be engrossed in trying to save his skin and may have been building bridges to accomplish the objective.
The emergence of Sen Teslim Folarin appears to be a gameplan by the PDP to strike a trade-off to win this state in the presidential election.

Prediction: PDP 53% APC 43%
your analysis shows you know nothing about south west politics
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
mrmetoo1:

You've totally convinced me I'm not objective. I'm not objective because I'm not objective?? **mind blown**

Dude no one is saying he should disagree with everything all I'm saying is, he's not saying anything new. He's going against someone that has a track record while he doesn't. In short Agbaje wants to use Lagos for training meanwhile we have someone that's going to hit the ground running
You are funny, aren't you.

What exactly do you mean by track record?

From facts on ground, Mr Ambode spent some 27 years in the civil service culminating as the state's former Accountant-General while Mr Agbaje has decades of experience as an entrepreneur in the private sector.

So what sayest thou?
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by Dereformer(m): 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
ddazz:
I wonder why you guys still miraculously claim that Jonathan /PDP will win Lagos State.

Hell will have to freeze over before Tinubu/APC will lose a major election in Lagos State.Tinubu has got Lagos on the lock down.

Don't put any stock in all the noise making PDP is engaging in. Bode George cannot and I repeat cannot and has never delivered his polling unit to PDP.

Guy, you will be disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
politifact:
your analysis shows you know nothing about south west politics
Let us hear what you know.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
donfineboi:
Lagos state will be a 65% APC 35PDP
Ogun state will be a 70% APC 35%PDP
Oyo state will be a 75% APC 25%PDP
Ekiti state will be a 40% APC 60%PDP
Ondo state will be a 40% APC 60% PDP
Osun will be a 80% APC 20%PDP

The yorubas are the most enlightened voters in the whole of the federation. Its going to be really hard for non PDP states to woo voters since they lack huge financial purses. Ekiti and ondo govts wont mind emptying their treasuries to woo voters within their states.

Other southwestern states with llittle or no PDP influence will vote according to the wind of change blowing across the nation.

Lagos state consists of more yorubas than non yorubas and a sizable number of the non yorubas(enlightened ones) knows the country is going on a wrong path.

Its very impossible for PDP to win the southwest on a free and fair basis.
At least you are objective enough, unlike most others, to agree that the PDP would definitely carry the day in Ekiti and Ondo States.

As for others, you would soon begin to get a clearer picture...
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by mrmetoo1: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
You are funny, aren't you.

What exactly do you mean by track record?

From facts on ground, Mr Ambode spent some 27 years in the civil service culminating as the state's former Accountant-General while Mr Agbaje has decades of experience as an entrepreneur in the private sector.

So what sayest thou?

Agbaje owns a pharmacist.

Ambode reduced Lagos' dependence on oil. Lagos' IGR jumped under his watch. He owns a consultancy company, where he works with private and government organizations. So he has relevant experience both private and government. If we do a side by side comparison of A+ and Jk, A+ will beat Jk hands-down.

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by olapluto(m): 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
Let us hear what you know.
As a resident of Oyo state, I read your analysis and was shaking my head.
PDP is pseudo-dead in Oyo state. If you go on Youtube to watch Jonathan's campaign at Mapo hall, you will see what I mean. The movers and shakers of Oyo Politics as of today were all absent. PDP in Oyo state is as good as dead. Am glad you actually did not include the PDP guber candidate in your analysis.
How GEJ will fare in Oyo state...poorly.
Objective analysis:
1. The votes in Oyo state can be broadly split into Ibadan, Oyo and Oke Ogun. Oyo town and Oke Ogun, including the 7 Ibarapa are most likely going to vote en masse for Buhari. Oke Ogun can be likened to Iwo in terms of religion, with a culture similar to that of the North. The fact that GEJ played religious card all through will make it hard for him to get 20% of Oke Ogun votes.
Oyo and Saki axis will be for BUhari.
Ibadan is the GEJ's only hope of any few votes he will get. I think GEJ will do very well to get anything above 30% of Oyo state votes. In Osun, GEJ will not get up to 20%.

3 Likes

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
olapluto:

PDP is pseudo-dead in Oyo state. If you go on Youtube to watch Jonathan's campaign at Mapo hall, you will see what I mean. The movers and shakers of Oyo Politics as of today were all absent. PDP in Oyo state is as good as dead. Am glad you actually did not include the PDP guber candidate in your analysis.
Objective analysis:
1. The votes in Oyo state can be broadly split into Ibadan, Oyo and Oke Ogun. Oyo town and Oke Ogun, including the 7 Ibarapa are most likely going to vote en masse for Buhari. Oke Ogun can be likened to Iwo in terms of religion, with a culture similar to that of the North. The fact that GEJ played religious card all through will make it hard for him to get 20% of Oke Ogun votes.
Ibadan is the GEJ's only hope of any few votes he will get. I think GEJ will do very well to get anything above 30% of Oyo state votes. In Osun, GEJ will not get up to 20%.
Your points are well noted.

However, politics is nothing without the inherent opacity.

The expected horse-trading and grandstanding would come into play.

Simplistic submissions hardly last the distance...
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by olapluto(m): 6:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
Your points are well noted.

However, politics is nothing without the inherent opacity.

The expected horse-trading and grandstanding would come into play.

Simplistic submissions hardly last the distance...
Exactly why you're being called out for your simplistic assumptions. The fact that FFK is Yoruba doesnt mean he influences a single Yoruba man.

2 Likes

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by owo(m): 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
Dare to be a Nigerian

If you support PDP, you are paid to do so and apparently a thief;

But if you support APC, you are a patriot who is fighting for Nigeria.

If an APC governor award a km of road for N1.2billion, he is prudent and God sent;

If a PDP governor award same km of road for N500million, he is a thief.

If Fani Kayode joins PDP, he is bastard;

If Atiku joins APC, he is a democrat.

If Jonathan spends N7billion for his office par year, he is a criminal;

If Fashola spend same amount in a year, he is a saint.

If Akpabio approves N200Million as pension, he must be stoned;

If Fashola approved N300million for Tinubu he is a change agent.

If you cancelled toll gate as PDP government, you are an enemy of progress;

But if you build a road in Lagos, with tax payers money and till the road, you are genius.

If you increase school feed as PDP government, you must be crucified;

If you do same as APC government, there must be a reason, cuz Education is not cheap anywhere in the world.

If you share Okada to the poor as PDP, you are poor peoples enemy;

If you ban Okada after election as an APC government, you are only helping the poor to stay alive, so you mean well.

If you single handedly make your daughter a market woman leader in APC state, it is for the progress of the people;

But if your wife is made a permanent secretary in your state by your state government of PDP, you are a greedy fellow.

If you spend N16billion on electricity without power and then support APC, you a navigator;

If you raise N500million through unbundling of same power, you are clueless.

If you fail to pay your workers for a month, but in APC, it is not your fault but someone up there;

But if you failed to pay your worker for a month and still in PDP, you are wicked human being.

If you force your family, in-law and girlfriends as senators and lawmakers on the rest of the party members, you a progressive leader;

But if you act like you don't care in PDP, you are dullard

If you tried to get a third term fraudulently by bribing the legislatures but failed, then support APC, you are democrat and the father of the nation;

If you try to get a constitutional second term in PDP, without their blessings, you an ingrate and silly.

In their time we had Halliburton scandal, ID card scandal, Siemens scandal, we have subsidy scam scandal, we have national stadium contract scandal, we have health budget financial scam, aviation sector scam, we had power sector scandal. How many people did he jail to prove he fought corruption? Rather EFCC was his big stick against his perceived enemies.

In their time we had a sitting governor kidnapped by a thug working for the president. We had a whole region of the country rigged in favor of his party. Morris Ibekwe, a wanted international fraud star won election under PDP.

Those who stole Nigerians blind under PDP; Atiku, Obasanjo, Baraje, Saraki, Wammako, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Okorocha, Ngige, Adeleke, El Rufai, etc, are today the same people financing APC and calling for "CHANGE".

Flashback to 1999, who were these people? Billionaires ? They where nobody. Today, they spend billions and no one dare to ask a question. If you do you are enemy of progress.

They started with "New PDP" when that didn't fly, they joined a cult group called ACN to become APC. Same character with different name.

Sometimes it is better not to be a Nigerian than to be a confused and ignorant one.

Credit: KnightsTemplar

4 Likes

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Agbaje owns a pharmacist.

Ambode reduced Lagos' dependence on oil. Lagos' IGR jumped under his watch. He owns a consultancy company, where he works with private and government organizations. So he has relevant experience both private and government. If we do a side by side comparison of A+ and Jk, A+ will beat Jk hands-down.
I will not go partisan as you are clearly doing.

What exactly do you mean by the assertion that Ambode reduced Lagos dependence on oil?

Was Ambode doubling as the Commissioners for Finance and that of Budget and Economic Planning as well as the Accountant General?

Were you implying that because of Ambode's ingenuity, Lagos stopped collecting Abuja allocations?

Agbaje can argue that he was an employer of labour via his pharmaceutical concern.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
olapluto:

Exactly why you're being called out for your simplistic assumptions. The fact that FFK is Yoruba doesnt mean he influences a single Yoruba man.
You have to be wrong on FFK.

Granted that he has a proclivity for being cantankerous, but one thing even his traducers agree on is his wit.

He also epitomises a generational change from the status quo. You don't trifle with a man fighting to prove a point...
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
The active players in Lagos APC are aware of the PDP threat in the state.

I have witnessed a forum where it was agreed by APC analysts and strategists that the coming together of Obanikoro, George and Ogunleye does not bode well for the APC in Lagos.

You seem to have overlooked the fact that Tinubu political hegemony over Lagos has hardly ever been seriously challenged in since 2007.

In 2007, the crisis in the PDP pitting Obasanjo against Bode George made way for Fashola to have a smooth sailing.

In 2011, the emergence of the lame duck in Dr Ade Dosunmu was part of the putative accord between Jonathan and Tinubu. The consequence was a Fashola landslide.

This time around there is no accord.
Ure obviously biased. *signs out..
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 6:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
Aloralord1:

Ure obviously biased. *signs out..
Biased for not telling you what you want to hear or for laying stark realities on the ground?
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by orimsamsam(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
Op you knw nothing abt sw politics.
It outrageous when a south eastern guy start talking abt yoruba politics from the east.
I concluded dat ur prediction is based on party partisanship and political sentiment, When u allocated 53 percent vote for pdp in oyo state.
Op i live in oyo state, iwo road to be precise. Gej didnt commission any single project in oyo state.
I just hope u dont come to oyo state and open mouth dat gej will win oyo. You may get lynched if u say dat.

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
orimsamsam:
Op you knw nothing abt sw politics.
It outrageous when a south eastern guy start talking abt yoruba politics from the east.
I concluded dat ur prediction is based on party partisanship and political sentiment, When u allocated 53 percent vote for pdp in oyo state.
Op i live in oyo state, iwo road to be precise. Gej didnt commission any single project in oyo state.
I just hope u dont come to oyo state and open mouth dat gej will win oyo. You may get lynched if u say dat.
You are making a lot of careless assumptions...
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by Jarus(m): 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
EKITI STATE
This state would go to the PDP handily. Right here, the governor Ayo Fayose holds sway: he has a kind of cult following. Granted that the ex-governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi still somewhat a factor, I don't see anything other than a tidy PDP victory here. I believe the APC lost this state after the last gubernatorial election.

This is agreeable.

LAGOS STATE
Lagos is the veritable melting pot of Nigerian nationalities and I foresee this playing a role in the outcome. The national leader of the APC, ex-governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu appears to be in charge here, but his popularity is coming under the severest test since 1999. On the PDP side, their performance would depend on how the trio of Chief Bode George, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro and Sen Kingsley Adeseye Ogunleye mend their fences and forge a unity of purpose.

The close match in popularity of the guber candidates of both APC and the PDP viz Mr Akinwunmi Ambode and Mr Jimi Agbaje respectively hardly helps matters.

In the final analysis, I believe the non-Yoruba voters in Lagos would marginally swing Lagos in favour of the PDP.

Prediction: PDP 53% APC 47%

I see the reverse happening here: APC 53%; PDP 47%

OGUN STATE
This is state is one of the toughest state to predict in the region. It has a history of rubbishing predictions in the past. This states has in its role call political gladiators of almost every shade. A peep: Baba Olesegun Obasanjo, Chief Segun Osoba, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Kashamu Buruji, Governor Ibikunle Amosu, Dimeji Bankole and others.

However, recent developments will tilt this state to the APC. Firstly the Jonathan/Obasanjo face-off couldn't have come at a worse time for the PDP. Besides, the APC Vice-Presidential candidate hails from here.
On the flip side, the PDP would, contrary to most predictions, record a good showing here. Buruji wields some influence here. Jonathan's best minister comes from this state. APC crisis that saw ex-governor Osoba decamp with all three sitting senators and some members of HOR to the SDP will harm the APC. Finally, Gbenga Daniel with the Sagamu factor is still relevant here.

Prediction: APC 60% PDP 40%

Agreeable, but PDP may do better.

ONDO STATE
Despite the purported rift in Ondo PDP, I think Mimiko is still in charge here. Mimiko has demonstrated considerable staying power on the political turf and I don't see that changing in the next thirty days.
The most reverred political figure in this state is Chief Olu Falae, the leader of Social Democratic Party. It is expected that the SDP would endorse Jonathan for the election.
For the paucity of many key political players in this state, I think the PDP will comfortably carry the day cue Governor Segun Mimiko.

This is agreeable.

OSUN STATE
This state gave the PDP the least vote in the region in 2011 and I don't see that changing. Governor Rauf Aregbesola is popular here and would greatly sway things in favour of the APC.
However, the PDP are no paper-weight here. Iyiola Omisore hails from the important Ife axis and depicted his potency by garnering about 45% of total votes cast in the last guber election. Something has also to be said about Femi Fani-Kayode who is among the emerging young Turks in the SW political calculations.

Prediction: APC 66% PDP 34%

Looks agreeable too.

OYO STATE
This state has to be too close to call. The main gladiators here are evenly matched. There is hardly much that could distinguish among the incumbent governor Abiola Ajimobi and ex-governors Christopher Alao-Akala and Rasheed Ladoja. The re-election of the sitting governor is by no means guaranteed.

I believe the sitting governor would be engrossed in trying to save his skin and may have been building bridges to accomplish the objective.
The emergence of Sen Teslim Folarin appears to be a gameplan by the PDP to strike a trade-off to win this state in the presidential election.

Prediction: PDP 53% APC 43%

I see a very tight neck to neck here, but I will say APC still has a slight edge. I have said elsewhere and will say: APC 52%; PDP 48%
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by PassingShot(m): 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
Jonathan won the SW convincingly in 2011, this analysis is only giving him a marginal victory in 2015.

Structures win elections and not propaganda and campaign ground turn-outs.

And APC does not have the structures in their stronghold SW states?

Osun, Lagos, Ogun and Oyo will be won by APC hands down.

Ekiti will go for PDP and Ondo may also be won by PDP but by very slim margin.

Generally, I don't see PDP getting more than 40% of the total votes in SW.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
Biased for not telling you what you want to hear or for laying stark realities on the ground?
U said a pact between Jonathan and Tinubu gave Fashola a landslide in 2011 and u call that stark reality Thats beer parlour talk!!! Ure a TANOID, stop pretending!

2 Likes

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by Jarus(m): 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
olapluto:

Objective analysis:

I met an okada man in my estate in Lagos here few days ago. He's from Iseyin (Oke Ogun) and that was here he registered. He said he would travel all the way from Lagos back to Iseyin just to deliver his one vote to Buhari.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by olapluto(m): 7:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
Jarus:

I met an okada man in my estate in Lagos here few days ago. He's from Iseyin (Oke Ogun) and that was here he registered. He said he would travel all the way from Lagos back to Iseyin just to deliver his one vote to Buhari.
Oke Ogun is on lockdown for Buhari for sure. Ibadan seems to be tilting towards Buhari, though I have to confess that GEJ will still get about 30% of Ibadan votes. If GEJ can buy Ladoja, he might increase his % votes in Ibadan because Ibadan is very 'accord' right now

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by masseratti: 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
I don't understand,Gej can't win in Ondo and Ekiti,those two states voted on personalities not parties,the Governors will try and pull there weight but if the election is free and fair in those two states from what is on ground there Gej cannot get 30 percent.
As for Lagos they are the most unforgiving state,Gej marched the Army on them and you want them to vote Gej and give him 53%? He will be lucky if he can get 20%,people are actually trying so hard to get there pvc,even people I know that do not normally vote are trying to get their PVC to vote him out,
OP go to newspaper stand,market Streets and hear what the people are saying.

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
Jarus:

This is agreeable.

I see the reverse happening here: APC 53%; PDP 47%

Agreeable, but PDP may do better.

This is agreeable.

Looks agreeable too.

I see a very tight neck to neck here, but I will say APC still has a slight edge. I have said elsewhere and will say: APC 52%; PDP 48%

Well, there is a consensus of agreement between us.

If we factor in a probabilistic margin of plus or minus 5%, the whole scenario will come into perspective.

We expect last minute alignments and realignments to play some role.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 9:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
Aloralord1:

U said a pact between Jonathan and Tinubu gave Fashola a landslide in 2011 and u call that stark reality Thats beer parlour talk!!! Ure a TANOID, stop pretending!
One of the determinants of maturity and civility is the ability to make one's point(s) with taking the easy road of hurling invectives.

A civilised way would have been to ask for clarification on an assertion that didn't sit well with you...
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by mrmetoo1: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
maestroferddi:
I will not go partisan as you are clearly doing.

What exactly do you mean by the assertion that Ambode reduced Lagos dependence on oil?

Was Ambode doubling as the Commissioners for Finance and that of Budget and Economic Planning as well as the Accountant General?

Were you implying that because of Ambode's ingenuity, Lagos stopped collecting Abuja allocations?

Agbaje can argue that he was an employer of labour via his pharmaceutical concern.

You're not going partisan but you're telling me a pharmacist is better well equipped to run a state like Lagos than someone with all that experience.

Then what's wrong with being partisan, why's that a dirty word? The fact is I feel that my candidate is more qualified than yours and I've provided my reasons for that. If I didn't have any good reasons then you can throw in being partisan. If say a zoo keeper was running as Lagos state governor against Agbaje and I'm supporting the zoo keeper just because he belongs to a party then that's being partisan.

The fact is Ambode has the necessary experience and qualifications. Then the fact that he's a Wharton graduate is very impressive to me.

2 Likes

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
masseratti:
I don't understand,Gej can't win in Ondo and Ekiti,those two states voted on personalities not parties,the Governors will try and pull there weight but if the election is free and fair in those two states from what is on ground there Gej cannot get 30 percent.
As for Lagos they are the most unforgiving state,Gej marched the Army on them and you want them to vote Gej and give him 53%? He will lucky if he can get 20%,people are actually trying so hard to get there pvc,even people I know that do not normally vote are trying to get their PVC to vote him out,
OP go to newspaper stand,market Streets and hear what the people are saying.
You are obviously allowing emotion and primordial sentiments to compromise your ability to critically appraise issues.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
mrmetoo1:

You're not going partisan but you're telling me a pharmacist is better well equipped to run a state like Lagos than someone with all that experience.

Then what's wrong with being partisan, why's that a dirty word? The fact is I feel that my candidate is more qualified than yours and I've provided my reasons for that. If I didn't have any good reasons then you can throw in being partisan. If say a zoo keeper was running as Lagos state governor against Agbaje and I'm supporting the zoo keeper just because he belongs to a party then that's being partisan.

The fact is Ambode has the necessary experience and qualifications. Then the fact that he's a Wharton graduate is very impressive to me.

Well, one expects that you should be able to make the progress of graduating to an objective commenter than speaking like an impassioned football fan.

The degree of fallacious statements you are throwing all over the place is worrisome.

So being a pharmacist precludes Mr Agbaje from having the potentials for a seasoned administrator? You are joking, aren't you?

I am not sure that Mr Ambode attended Wharton. Pls let us know the qualification he got from the institution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbos Hated For Their Dominance Of Nigeria's Economy- Chinese American Professor / Okowa Assents To Bill Banning Open Grazing In Delta / GMD NAPL And Staff Dragged To Court Over False Allegations, Defamation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.