Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,482 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West (8001 Views)

Names And Phone Number Of Electoral Officers For Lagos LG / No Evidence Of Electoral Fraud In River State -jega / Photo: Handover Of Electoral Materials In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 10:48am On Jan 17, 2015
Bayswater:

Mr Olapluto, would you like to put a wager on your prediction about Oyo State?

I say GEJ takes Oyo State, do you want to put your money where your mouth is?

We can stake something as little as N20K, I go like chop your money smiley
One of the causes of post-electoral crisis is when people base their views on media propaganda.

Elections are rarely won on the pages of newspapers or on online fora.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by Bayswater: 10:57am On Jan 17, 2015
maestroferddi:
One of the causes of post-electoral crisis is when people base their views on media propaganda.

Elections are rarely won on the pages of newspapers or on online fora.

Yes, my brother. This internet/social media sh*t is very deceiving. In Oyo State where I come from, the real voters are not on twitter, facebook, nairaland, instagram, blogs etc. They don't read Punch, Sahara Reporters etc but they will rather listen to their Mogaji (Head of their family), local political leader and they mostly make decisions on what they can see and the candidate that resonates with them.

Most importantly, they don't forget. They know history, they analyse it and they make informed choices. That is what the APC does not understand. These people will come out enmasse and vote in the usual pattern, the odds do not favour the APC in Oyo State; the present day APC government in the state is seen as elitist.

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by maestroferddi: 11:02am On Jan 17, 2015
Bayswater:

Yes, my brother. This internet/social media sh*t is very deceiving. In Oyo State where I come from, the real voters are not on twitter, facebook, nairaland, instagram, blogs etc. They don't read Punch, Sahara Reporters etc but they will rather listen to their Mogaji (Head of their family), local political leader and they mostly make decisions on what they can see and the candidate that resonates with them.

Most importantly, they don't forget. They know history, they analyse it and they make informed choices. That is what the APC does not understand. These people will come out enmasse and vote in the usual pattern, the odds do not favour the APC in Oyo State; the present day APC government in the state is seen as elitist.
The election results in the South West on February 14 will shock many.

As usual, some people will deem the outcome compromised as soon as their expectations are dashed.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by Bayswater: 11:16am On Jan 17, 2015
maestroferddi:

As usual, some people will deem the outcome compromised as soon as their expectations are dashed.

That is my fear, APC would like to think it is popular but when the results say otherwise; violence go start.
Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by Olaone1: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bayswater:

Most importantly, they don't forget. They know history, they analyse it and they make informed choices. That is what the APC does not understand. These people will come out enmasse and vote in the usual pattern, the odds do not favour the APC in Oyo State; th[b]e present day APC government in the state is seen as elitist[/b].
It is not seen as elitist; it is ELITIST.

I need to know how APC will be able to record any remarkable victory in Ibadan. It is a forgone conclusion - APC, at state level, stands NO chance.

They will likely cast their vote for Buhari, however. But, Ajimobi? He is a goner in Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: A Pundit's Analysis Of Electoral Probabilities In The South West by 1wolex85: 10:47am On Apr 22, 2015
maestroferddi:

I guess we are really shocked now ehn? People keep talking about what they know next to nothing about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo President Will Help Heal Civil War Wounds – Gowon / P&ID: FG Secures Variation Of UK Court Order On $200m Deposit / Why Do Nigerians Confuse Titles With Professions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.