Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (25001 Views)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord / Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Ellidude(m): 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
adonismuller:
If the pastor says "bring the first fruit to church" (for him)....who is he gona take his first fruit to?

Common sense is not common!
What did Jesus tell you about giving the poor? I thought it was an indirect way of giving to him.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by danvault: 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
tola9ja:

Matthew 23:23English Standard Version (ESV)

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

I had nothing on me after the service, I should have helped the boy. I am open to learning if u care to teach though.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by henryobinna(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
martineverest:
Pls,how does european and american pastors survive
I don't know if their churches do or do not pay tithe
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Kenchosen: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
CrazyMan:

Abel offered that burnt offering to God and not his pastor.

pls also tell im Abel did not offer money but food and animal as a burnt offering to God.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by nora544: 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
henryobinna:
I don't know if their churches do or do not pay tithe

How pastors survive in europa I can tell you we have no tithing here, we have a churchtax which is between 1,1 and 2,5% of the salary of one year that is for germany and austria and also many other countries in europa.

I can speak from austria where i know how it works, pastors must teach religion in the school and they get a salary. The house they live belong to the village or the churchvillage when it is in a big city but when they are retired they have to leave this house.
Pastors in europa didnot have this big cars, they didnot have bodyguards, the bishop from vienna has a driver and his car is a VW sharan so no big car no private jet and only a 80m2 flat with a livingroom an office and a sleeping room, lutheran pastors have normal houses not big ones.
One person who get only 850 euro per month didnot pay churchtax for two it is about 1250 and when they have one kid it is about 1400 and so many peole didnot pay churchtax, when you pay churchtax you get it back from the goverment when you didnot pay more than 600 euro per year. In austria we didnot have tithing since 1790 when empire joseph II changed it.

What we have is offering but we know for what the offering is.

You will never and I say never see Pastors in such big cars like in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by armadeo(m): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
lastmessenger:

I wonder how you guys think. Always twisting scriptures. How does Abel's sacrifice degenerate to asking Christians to surrender their first month salary to another.
Do you at all take a look what the real apostles of Christ taught in the areas of given before doing what you are doing. Why must we bring one event tht happened in the past to back a rediculous practice.
Even in practical terms first fruit is not feasible. I am talking from experience.

Pardon my ignorance.

I have been seeing first fruit offering discussed here for awhile. I didn't particularly pay attention to the threads but are you saying that the churches tell her members to drip the ENTIRE January salary as offering.

Just thinking of the Christmas expenditure alone and required financial infusion for recovery its a scary concept which I wouldn't partake in.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by nora544: 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
martineverest:
Pls,how does european and american pastors survive

We have a small churchtax it is about 1,1% of my salary of one year but only when I have more than 850 euros per month below no church tax.

Our pastors have no big cars, no bodyguards and the bishop from vienna has a VW sharan and only a driver no bodygard and this in one of the richest countries in the world.

He has no private jet, when he has to go to rom he go by train and when he fly than you will see him in the economic class.

A pastors salary is this from a normal teacher in a primary school.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Source...?
Reference?

Source - Primary Observation the best source of all. First Hand!

Reference - book of life if you really need a reference. Most prefer to make their own deductions.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by lastmessenger: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
armadeo:

Pardon my ignorance.

I have been seeing first fruit offering discussed here for awhile. I didn't particularly pay attention to the threads but are you saying that the churches tell her members to drip the ENTIRE January salary as offering.

Just thinking of the Christmas expenditure alone and required financial infusion for recovery its a scary concept which I wouldn't partake in.
Exactly bro. That's the new money making scheme and some folks are falling for it.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by mekd: 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
Giving is a choice and not by force. If u don't wish or you don't have any reason to give please don't try to discourage others frm doin so, I believe in offerings, tith, and FIRST fruit.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by PastorKun(m): 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
mekd:
Giving is a choice and not by force. If u don't wish or you don't have any reason to give please don't try to discourage others frm doin so, I believe in offerings, tith, and FIRST fruit.

It's not about discouraging others from giving, the more serious issue is that certain preachers twist God's word to extort tithes and first fruits from christians who are not required to pay tithes and first fruits in the first instance. It's more about correcting wrong teachings in the church that wolves are using to ravage the body of christ.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by justt: 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
Gombs:

I don’t care. If you want to tell them, get to the streets or raise your own brethren. If this is scamming, boy, I'd love to be scammed over and over. I wonder why e dey pain you like this.

1 Corinthians 2 MSG
14-16The unspiritual self, just as it is by nature, can't receive the gifts of God's Spirit. There's no capacity for them. They seem like so much silliness. Spirit can be known only by spirit—God's Spirit and our spirits in open communion. Spiritually alive, we have access to everything God's Spirit is doing, [size=20pt]and can't be judged by unspiritual critics. [/size] Isaiah's question, "Is there anyone around who knows God's Spirit, anyone who knows what he is doing?" has been answered: Christ knows, and we have Christ's Spirit

To you it's so much silliness and wickedness. To usward, it's an opportunity. One day, hopefully, you'll understand

Meanwhile, it is not compulsory, it is not for babes too, but for those who's decided to put their faith to work. I understand your fears cool

The things of God cannot be understood by many, unfortunately even by the so called children of God! While I don't pay first fruit every year, I don't joke with my tithe and God has been faithful. I believe God rewards our faith/Obedience.
Bro I strongly support your view. All those who don't pay their tithes are seriously mistaken and will regret it if they do not repent on time.
Pay your tithes. If your pastor chooses to misuse that, he will give account though I wonder what your grouse is with pastors being rich. Are pastors supposed to be poor?
Tithes are commanded to be paid. First fruits are also expected to be paid. The fact still remains that any child of God who fails to pay his/her tithe to God will pay it to the devil one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by guzse(m): 7:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
imagrg:
Finance the spread of the Gospel of God by contributing to its structural and humanitarian needs. Don't let pastors enrich themselves through your tithes and offerings because you may be leading them to hell! Christians beware!
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by martineverest(m): 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
Tanx for d enlightenment
nora544:

We have a small churchtax it is about 1,1% of my salary of one year but only when I have more than 850 euros per month below no church tax.

Our pastors have no big cars, no bodyguards and the bishop from vienna has a VW sharan and only a driver no bodygard and this in one of the richest countries in the world.

He has no private jet, when he has to go to rom he go by train and when he fly than you will see him in the economic class.

A pastors salary is this from a normal teacher in a primary school.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by mekd: 9:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
PastorKun:

It's not about discouraging others from giving, the more serious issue is that certain preachers twist God's word to extort tithes and first fruits from christians who are not required to pay tithes and first fruits in the first instance. It's more about correcting wrong teachings in the church that wolves are using to ravage the body of christ.
. I quite agree with you that certain pastors twist the word of God just to extort money from there followers but i also want to remind u that their are still true men of God out there. I strongly believe in tithing, offering and first fruit because its scriptural. well, my candid advise to as many that wish to serve God is to ask him[GOD] first for the spirit of decernment to be able to decern the true men of God from the fake ones so you dont go astray or been dupped.thanks

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
Pastors ask for tithes in the name of God. They say “God needs your help building the church”. What does god need with a multi-million dollar church? Nothing. These are the same so-called church leaders that you'll find riding in fancy cars, eating the best foods, living in expensive homes and living the life of wealthy people while their followers scrape and struggle to do “God's will” by tithing. These so-called leaders will lead congregations in the worse of the worse neighborhoods and on their way to church to preach on Sundays or Saturdays or whatever day they declare to be the Sabbath, they will step over the homeless or the less fortunate.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by shejane: 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
Is well with all of you both the against and in support. God bless us all.

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give not grudgingly or of necessity, for God loveth a cheerful giver. 2cor9:7

Is left for us to decide cos As a man thinketh so is he.

u
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

Please show me where God is so i can give him my offerings and tithes myselfundecided
DO U SEE THAT POOR MISSIONARY IN A REMOTE VILLAGE? THAT IS GOD.
THAT POOR NEIGHBOUR THAT CAN BARELY FEED? THAT IS GOD.
THE ORPHAN WITH NO ONE TO FEND FOR THEM? THAT IS GOD.
REMEMBER THE WORDS OF CHRIST: 'WHATSOEVER U DO TO THE LEAST OF MY BRETHTEN, THAT U DO UNTO ME'.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Promolysis(m): 11:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
Churches are supermarket

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by San2ski(m): 12:02am On Jan 19, 2015
victorazy:

Go and do ur research how Dangote was love and blessed by God "he first gave God".

Dangote gave the late Idahosa his air ticket and he was blessed by Idahosa.

Go and find out.
Most of us want to be rich but can't give richly.

My friend go and sit down and close ur trap.
How manage he got the ticket to give out?
Abi air ticket Na Keke ticket that everyone can afford?

And BTW, which pastor did Bill Gates give his ticket to
Mtcheeew
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by fesnge(m): 3:16am On Jan 19, 2015
It's none of your business, go get yourself a fvcking job...punk azz
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ceeceeco: 7:50am On Jan 19, 2015
Tell dat 2 winners members. They've been blind folded.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Tcrown01(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2015
Proverbs 3:9 - Honour the LORD with thy
substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine
increase:
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Originalsly: 9:12am On Jan 19, 2015
Tcrown01:
Proverbs 3:9 - Honour the LORD with thy
substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine
increase:
No problem with all these quotes about giving and one believing in them. My problem is how can you preach and practice this half of tithing and totally ignore the other half which is about how it should be used?
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Bosch10(m): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2015
imagrg:
Finance the spread of the Gospel of God by contributing to its structural and humanitarian needs. Don't let pastors enrich themselves through your tithes and offerings because you may be leading them to hell! Christians beware!
does that mean that u shuld disobey God?y dont u do ur own part and leave the rest for God,whether the pastors use it anyhow or not.u ar d one benefiting from ur tithe,GOD said that he wuld open the heavens if u do so,and rebuke devourers.
Life is tight 4 the children whose parents doesnt pay tithes.my sincere advice.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Bosch10(m): 9:46am On Jan 19, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

REMEMBER THE WORDS OF CHRIST: 'WHATSOEVER U DO TO THE LEAST OF MY BRETHTEN, THAT U DO UNTO ME'.
u speak the truth,i respect ur anointing and calling
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 11:42am On Jan 19, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

And I guess that pastors who fly in private jets with money collected from tithes are "Gods". Do you ask yourself why that poor neighbour that can barely feed is never allowed in the private jet of the pastor?

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by sonssyo: 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
danjumakolo:

Well if u really know xtian history.
U wud agree with me the the early church followers are the coptics.

But lemmi ask u...between Constantine and Paul,who do u think is the founder if xtianity?

clueless
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Horus:

And I guess that pastors who fly in private jets with money collected from tithes are "Gods". Do you ask yourself why that poor neighbour that can barely feed is never allowed in the private jet of the pastor?
SEEMS LIKE WE R ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT. U LACK COMPREHENSION SKILLS. READ THE COMMENT I REPLIED AND READ MY COMMENT WHICH U QUOTED

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by hugo2802: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
It is better to look foolish and be obedient to the word of God, than to seem/look/sound wise and be disobedient.

This is not an attack on anyone.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

SEEMS LIKE WE R ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT. U LACK COMPREHENSION SKILLS. READ THE COMMENT I REPLIED AND READ MY COMMENT WHICH U QUOTED

You obviously dont know how tu use small capital (Small Caps) letters in your post.

Money collected from tithes is still used to buy fancy cars, expensive ptivate jets, while the followers struggle by tithing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Mocking God? / 'Student Pastors Are The Biggest Scammers In Nigerian University' - Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.