Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (24990 Views)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord / Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
Horus:

You obviously dont know how tu use small capital (Small Caps) letters in your post.

Money collected from tithes is still used to buy fancy cars, expensive ptivate jets, while the followers struggle by tithing
WHAT DO U MEAN BY SMALL CAPS? IS THAT WHAT IS AFFECTING UR ABILITY TO COMPREHEND? READ MY FIRST COMMENT. STOP CONFUSING URSELF EH. WE R BOTH SAYING D SAME THING.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

WHAT DO U MEAN BY SMALL CAPS? IS THAT WHAT IS AFFECTING UR ABILITY TO COMPREHEND? READ MY FIRST COMMENT. STOP CONFUSING URSELF EH. WE R BOTH SAYING D SAME THING.

The confused here is you. Please follow the rules of the forum . You obviously dont know how tu use small capital (Small Caps) letters in all of your posts

Why do you use big capital letters? (We are not blind)

Typing in all caps is Internet code for shouting, and it is rude

I hope that you understand this time that all other members are using Small Caps, so please do not type in all caps

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Horus:

The confused here is you. Please follow the rules of the forum . You obviously dont know how tu use small capital (Small Caps) letters in all of your posts

Why do you use big capital letters? (We are not blind)

Typing in all caps is Internet code for shouting, and it is rude

I hope that you understand this time that all other members are using Small Caps, so please do not type in all caps
in primary one i was taught about 'capital letters' and 'small letters'. only god knows what u mean by small caps. i insist ur comprehension skill is terrible.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 12:08am On Jan 20, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

in primary one i was taught about 'capital letters' and 'small letters'. only god knows what u mean by small caps. i insist ur comprehension skill is terrible.

"The pot calling the kettle black". I had to post and repeat three time before you realise that you have to change your big cap letters and use Small Caps, so you are the one who lack comprehension skills. Do you realise that Even your own name on Nairaland is in Big Caps letters? shocked
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:20am On Jan 20, 2015
Horus:

"The pot calling the kettle black". I had to post and repeat three time before you realise that you have to change your big cap letters and use Small Caps, so you are the one who lack comprehension skills.
i only wrote in lower case because i realised u were using the fact that i was posting with upper case as an excuse for nt comprehending my post. i am posting for the fourth time but u still call 'lower case' 'lower capital'. i give up on u. read my first post again. maybe ur english teacher did nt do a good job. SMH undecided
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 12:29am On Jan 20, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

i only wrote in lower case because i realised u were using the fact that i was posting with upper case as an excuse for nt comprehending my post. i am posting for the fourth time but u still call 'lower case' 'lower capital'. i give up on u. read my first post again. maybe ur english teacher did nt do a good job. SMH undecided

I posted my point of view on this topic long time ago, maybe you are affected by visual impairment. Please buy eyeglasses
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by BBackOurGlory: 8:43am On Jan 20, 2015
[size=20pt][b]When you want to preach repentance, and born-again stuff you will quote John 3:16 and everything possible in New Testament

When you want to preach offering and tithes stuff you will quote Malachi 3:10 and everything possible in Old Testament

They are called Christian because they are Christ-like and not because of Tithes and Offering contributed

Where did Jesus collect tithes & offering from his followers in the Bible? He never did

They talk about the curse of Tithe in Malachi 3,,, as if they have not read Gal 3:13

Gal 3:13 CHRIST HAST REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, BEING MADE A CURSE FOR US, FOR IT IS WRITTEN, CURSED IS EVERY ONE THAT HANGETH ON A TREE.

Maybe to them the Curse on the Law of Tithes is not part of what Jesus has redeemed us from?

Maybe to them Jesus can forgive other sins, save sinners from going to hell,heals the sicks and raise the dead, forgives generational curse; but when it comes to Tithes Jesus becomes powerless to break the curse on tithes & offering?

IF JESUS WERE TO BE ON EARTH TODAY, WILL TITHES BE IS MAJOR CONCERN? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. BECAUSE, WHEN HE WAS HERE, THAT WAS NEVER IS CONCERN... BUT NOW THAT JESUS IS IN THE HEART OF MEN, TITHES SUDDENLY BECOMES THE MAJOR TALKING POINT

Note: just like any social organization, it's nice to contribute financially for necessity purposes; but promoting tithes and offering as the major concern in church is not Godly. Jesus Christ & His Disciple never promoted the gospel of Tithes & Offering. How comes this generation?

Criticism are welcomed, and I do appreciate and respect others different point of views

Many thanks.[/b][/size]

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Horus:

I posted my point of view on this topic long time ago, maybe you are affected by visual impairment. Please buy eyeglasses
confusionist. u never understood the topic at all. u just wanted to comment like everyone else.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
BBackOurGlory:
[size=20pt][b]When you want to preach repentance, and born-again stuff you will quote John 3:16 and everything possible in New Testament

When you want to preach offering and tithes stuff you will quote Malachi 3:10 and everything possible in Old Testament

They are called Christian because they are Christ-like and not because of Tithes and Offering contributed

Where did Jesus collect tithes & offering from his followers in the Bible? He never did

They talk about the curse of Tithe in Malachi 3,,, as if they have not read Gal 3:13

Gal 3:13 CHRIST HAST REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, BEING MADE A CURSE FOR US, FOR IT IS WRITTEN, CURSED IS EVERY ONE THAT HANGETH ON A TREE.

Maybe to them the Curse on the Law of Tithes is not part of what Jesus has redeemed us from?

Maybe to them Jesus can forgive other sins, save sinners from going to hell,heals the sicks and raise the dead, forgives generational curse; but when it comes to Tithes Jesus becomes powerless to break the curse on tithes & offering?

IF JESUS WERE TO BE ON EARTH TODAY, WILL TITHES BE IS MAJOR CONCERN? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. BECAUSE, WHEN HE WAS HERE, THAT WAS NEVER IS CONCERN... BUT NOW THAT JESUS IS IN THE HEART OF MEN, TITHES SUDDENLY BECOMES THE MAJOR TALKING POINT

Note: just like any social organization, it's nice to contribute financially for necessity purposes; but promoting tithes and offering as the major concern in church is not Godly. Jesus Christ & His Disciple never promoted the gospel of Tithes & Offering. How comes this generation?

Criticism are welcomed, and I do appreciate and respect others different point of views

Many thanks.[/b][/size]
u beautifully hit the nail on the head. we that understand these things should speak out to bring an end to this old deception

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

confusionist. u never understood the topic at all. u just wanted to comment like everyone else.

You never understood the topic at all, you are just stuck into arguing instead of realising that I posted my point of view on this topic long time ago. Learn also to use the Dictionary for a correct spelling
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by CrazyMan(m): 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Kenchosen:

pls also tell im Abel did not offer money but food and animal as a burnt offering to God.
Exactly
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by imagrg(m): 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
Some people are still blind to reality. Remember, you serve God not man. Don't sponsor extravagance. Sponsor humanitarian services. That way you are giving to God. Don't idolize man.You only make him a candidate for hell fire! Offer to the needy and be blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:16am On Jan 22, 2015
Horus:

You never understood the topic at all, you are just stuck into arguing instead of realising that I posted my point of view on this topic long time ago. Learn also to use the Dictionary for a correct spelling
go back to primary one and learn ur alphabets
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 3:20am On Jan 22, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

go back to primary one and learn ur alphabets

Learn to use the Dictionary for a correct spelling, you are now really polluting the forum with your numerous grammatical errors in all of your posts, and you are so lazy when typing that you avoid following the basic grammar rules (punctuation and capitalization). Stop embarrassing yourself online

1 - When starting a sentence, you should use capital for the first letter (you typed the word go in small cap: go instead of Go)

2 - you typed also a word that do not exist (ur instead of your)
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by BBackOurGlory: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
justt:

The things of God cannot be understood by many, unfortunately even by the so called children of God! While I don't pay first fruit every year, I don't joke with my tithe and God has been faithful. I believe God rewards our faith/Obedience.
Bro I strongly support your view. All those who don't pay their tithes are seriously mistaken and will regret it if they do not repent on time.
Pay your tithes. If your pastor chooses to misuse that, he will give account though I wonder what your grouse is with pastors being rich. Are pastors supposed to be poor?
Tithes are commanded to be paid. First fruits are also expected to be paid. The fact still remains that any child of God who fails to pay his/her tithe to God will pay it to the devil one way or the other.

[size=20pt]You so belittle God to an ordinary mortal man like us. It was never accounted for in the Bible that Jesus nor his True Disciples collected tithes,first fruit... so, were they paying their own thithes or firstfruit to the devil too?

Have you not read that JESUS is the firstfruit? i Cor15:20-23;

20.But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.

22.For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive

23.But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming...

http://bible-truth.org/Feasts-Firstfruit.html
[/size]
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Horus:

Learn to use the Dictionary for a correct spelling, you are now really polluting the forum with your numerous grammatical errors in all of your posts, and you are so lazy when typing that you avoid following the basic grammar rules (punctuation and capitalization). Stop embarrassing yourself online

1 - When starting a sentence, you should use capital for the first letter (you typed the word go in small cap: go instead of Go)

2 - you typed also a word that do not exist (ur instead of your)

at least i am learned enough to use the dictionary. go back to primary one. shame will let u stop saying small caps shay? i understand sha.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Horus(m): 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
ADAMUMUdaCOWGIRL:

at least i am learned enough to use the dictionary. go back to primary one. shame will let u stop saying small caps shay? i understand sha.

What you mean is that you followed my order and advice today and you are now using the dictionary. Good!, you are very obedient and you are making progress but you do the same mistake again, when starting a sentence, you should use capital for the first letter. Keep making progess and one day you will be able to type the word you instead of u. Even when you use the dictionary I still have to correct your own mistake, (It is the word you instead of u). Check the spelling and grammar of your post next time
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by menxer: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2015
chigomiced:

Nigerians simply don't "Think" grin

that's hard labour
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by chigomiced: 8:37am On Jan 27, 2015
menxer:

that's hard labour

How then can we as a country move forward
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Tcrown01(m): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2015
Originalsly:
No problem with all these quotes about giving and one believing in them. My problem is how can you preach and practice this half of tithing and totally ignore the other half which is about how it should be used?

Do u need to care about the usuage?? It depends on the church anyways.. We know how we do things in anglican
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
franksam2009:
you don't know a thing about Christianity, only God can judge, you can't change our minds with what you said, even if we pay our first fruit offering to a fake church and pray about it, God sees all, God knows all, he knows I paid it with my hard earned money, it's left for GOD to judge the pastor if he uses God's money for his selfish interest

what is he supposed to used the money for?
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Anas09: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Op, u r not financing their life style, so why r u crying? Agent of Satan. U can't enter yet you block the way so that others won't enter. If they r misusing Gods money, how is that your problem? You are now Gods spokeperson?
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by back2sender: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
lastmessenger:

I can't believe that I am reading this from a university graduate. So painful. No wonder Nigeria is the way it is. God open the eyes of this deceived folk.
Don't mind Gombs, karl Max has said it all.
This same person will pass his neighbour that is hungry and go and give to pastor that has more than emough while the neighbour is dying of hunger . who is your neighbour? reflect on the good Samaritan story in the bible

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by back2sender: 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
Anas09:
Op, u r not financing their life style, so why r u crying? Agent of Satan. U can't enter yet you block the way so that others won't enter. If they r misusing Gods money, how is that your problem? You are now Gods spokeperson?

I don't pay tithes and I pay offering when I feel like. I have a free mind of my own, the pastor did not work for me

its strange the kind of 419 in churches these days.

A church just did their annual easter retreat by the side of Lagos business school after Ajah lekki. those who are familiar with this area will have witness the crowds and traffic during this period. the church acquired the land of recent

Before you are allowed to enter the camp ground you will have to get a delegate tag which cost N1,0009 a replica of Christ embassy strategy ( you see them).

The question a friend ask me was why was this not stated in the fliers given to people on the roads and billboards placed on the roads that everyone will be required to pay that amount before you gain entrance. because the idea of the fliers and billboards is to create publicity( attract more people to the program)

why must money be paid before one seek the face of God?
Come and see the push for funds from the congregation to build the different facilities within the complex just as winners did then.

who are the owners of this facilities the pastor, so tell me is this not a one man business as a church in disguise?

I have an independent mind as I go to church
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 24, 2015
Old topic but people will still come across it. So lemme comment.
Your tithe is 10% of your income. And God didn't say you should steal so don't twist it. Drop your tithe on the alter and go. Whatever the pastor does with it, is his business. You have done your part with God.

I give my seed to my pastor, when im asking God for something, that seed is like sowing into the man of Gods life for the anointing. I don't care if he squanders it.

Don't pay your tithe when you feel like, you're only joking with yourself nd God won't accept such. The devil is only putting that into your head to make you not obey.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by back2sender: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
Blossom023:
Old topic but people will still come across it. So lemme comment.
Your tithe is 10% of your income. And God didn't say you should steal so don't twist it. Drop your tithe on the alter and go. Whatever the pastor does with it, is his business. You have done your part with God.

I give my seed to my pastor, when im asking God for something, that seed is like sowing into the man of Gods life for the anointing. I don't care if he squanders it.

Don't pay your tithe when you feel like, you're only joking with yourself nd God won't accept such. The devil is only putting that into your head to make you not obey.
Lies and stupidity !!!!!!
Drop at the altar for the pastor to live large. Tithes, seed etc are mans ways of fleecing man.
God does not require your money. well more people are getting the falsehood on tithes, seed etc been preached by the PASTOPRENEURS
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
back2sender:
Lies and stupidity !!!!!!
Drop at the altar for the pastor to live large. Tithes, seed etc are mans ways of fleecing man.
God does not require your money. well more people are getting the falsehood on tithes, seed etc been preached by the PASTOPRENEURS

Read your Bible. Malachi 3:10 and many more. God requires your money, your tithe, your seed. Your first fruit which is your first salary. Leave your pastor. If he is eating church money, God will definitely punish him. Tithers and seed sowers never lack. Don't talk about your pastors, the anointing that is with them is from God. Read your Bible well. Lemme ask you, are serving God or your pastor? Your pastors welfare is not your business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Dangerous Night Dreams You Must Not Joke With / Paris New Morning Water Crusade With Prophet TB Joshua / Nigeria’s Growing Atheist Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.