Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! (24987 Views)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord / Giving Your Tithe Doesn't Help God Or Your Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by benardtotti(m): 8:21am On Jan 18, 2015
Gombs:

[size=58pt]Is it your money? [/size]

Your experience don't matter, just like mine does not matter to you. Now, park well make I use POS jooor
bro your ship has sailed faaaaar into the storm, only God can bring you home safely!

3 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 18, 2015
Most Christians in Nigeria are not making use of their brain,they have utterly been brainwashed to the extent that Pastors are now God to certain folks.First fruit as is called is a fraud coined out of greed from conmen who parade themselves as pastors.Beware!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 18, 2015
imagrg:
Finance the spread of the Gospel of God by contributing to its structural and humanitarian needs. Don't let pastors enrich themselves through your tithes and offerings because you may be leading them to hell! Christians beware!
@ Op you are right.... The Lord never said "Pay your tithe to the pastors or men of God" but He said "what so ever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me." In my opinion, the least of christs brothers are the poor and needy and giving them your first fruit or tithe is giving it unto God... I rather give my money to the poor and needy than take it to a pastor that will greedily collect it and finance his own lifestyle an live flambuoyntly while I toil every month.... Giving 10% or more of your salary every month to the poor as far as I'm concerned is tithing.... All these brainwashed people claiming to be graduates obviously wasted their time in school...going to school and still remainin dumb is a waste of resources...

5 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by bettercreature(m): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Source...?
Reference?
You dumb no be small,person dey warn you,you dey ask for source
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Genea(f): 8:25am On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

Please show me where God is so i can give him my offerings and tithes myselfundecided
God is everywhere,wit thanksgiving and supplications make ur needs and gv ur all 2 God,dats y we pray at home ,sch ,everywhere infact
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by antifailure(m): 8:25am On Jan 18, 2015
If you like, do not pay, as for me , i will keep paying it, as the pastor is getting richer like you imagined , i am also getting richer too, more over, i always earn more every time i pay my tithe. I do not spend money on repairing cars or pay hospital bills, Anything that you are doing that is giving you rest of mind, positive outcomes, financial fortune , keep doing it, do not stop. I will not stooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by sonssyo: 8:28am On Jan 18, 2015
danjumakolo:
Although I am a Muslim.

But I am of the opinium that the catholics are more upright and just in terms of finances and the morals of the church

because they carry bracelet like uuuu
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by watchindelta(m): 8:29am On Jan 18, 2015
ok but nah their moni nt mine!
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by easy4beno(m): 8:30am On Jan 18, 2015
It has been said times without number that you should do what works for you and what you confidently agree with, if some people have not complained of giving first fruits and tithes I don't know how it is some peoples' business to worry about it..I want to ask, is it the Pastors you have feelings for or the members that does the giving? If I give my tithe and I'm happy doing it I don't know why it will become someone's headache to start worrying about.

And lemme remind you, Mal 3v10 says bring ye all tithes into my household so there will be meat in my house, I used to say it and I will keep saying it, before you do a thing, ask yourself if its what you want to do or you're being coerced into doing it, you cannot lie to yourself, if your answer is yes I believe in it, then go ahead, and if not you backout, because God will not even accept an offering that doesn't come from your heart, it will be share waste of time/money/offering, I recommend you read IICor9v7 pls. If you feel a Pastor is worth too much and doesn't deserve your tithe-giving to his church, its very simple, change your church, I'm sure nobody will arrest or harass you becos of that..

Again, I repeat, there's no need criticizing anyone for their actions, leave the Pastors to God, pay your tithe and first fruit if you believe in it; on the other hand, keep your money and spend it on yourself if you don't believe in it, life is al about choice, its as easy as saying APC..not a campaign tho bur my vote goes to GMB to remind you..before we change topic to politics, I wish you all a Happy Sunday.!

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by patroccini: 8:32am On Jan 18, 2015
I love this post coz we are in one of the poorest country in the world and we have the richest pastors. We go to church and most sermon comes from the new testament until it comes to tithe and then we fall back to malachi 3:10 say wat you want abt Okorocha but his schools are free and our church schools are the most expensive in this country. I knw a church wher the pastors shoe was bught for blessing fo 1M a pastor has 4 private jets while most of his congregation cant afford a tyre. Bill Gates uses his money to cure polio in Africa. Jesus Christ paid with his blood and most pastorcant part wit this money can somebody pinpoint one project done by a pastor lets say except (TB Joshua) that benefits the masses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by j0rdannkyle: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2015
imagrg:
Finance the spread of the Gospel of God by contributing to its structural and humanitarian needs. Don't let pastors enrich themselves through your tithes and offerings because you may be leading them to hell! Christians beware!

I second that.
Rather than give such heavy sums to churches, might aswell give it to missionaries to spread the word, give to the poor and orphanages who really really need it
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by BBackOurGlory: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2015
BBackOurGlory:
[size=20pt][b]When you want to preach repentance, and born-again stuff you will quote John 3:16 and everything possible in New Testament

When you want to preach offering and tithes stuff you will quote Malachi 3:10 and everything possible in Old Testament

They are called Christian because they are Christ-like and not because of Tithes and Offering contributed

Where did Jesus collect tithes & offering from his followers in the Bible? He never did

They talk about the curse of Tithe in Malachi 3,,, as if they have not read Gal 3:13

Gal 3:13 CHRIST HAST REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, BEING MADE A CURSE FOR US, FOR IT IS WRITTEN, CURSED IS EVERY ONE THAT HANGETH ON A TREE.

Maybe to them the Curse on the Law of Tithes is not part of what Jesus has redeemed us from?

Maybe to them Jesus can forgive other sins, save sinners from going to hell,heals the sicks and raise the dead, forgives generational curse; but when it comes to Tithes Jesus becomes powerless to break the curse on tithes & offering?

IF JESUS WERE TO BE ON EARTH TODAY, WILL TITHES BE IS MAJOR CONCERN? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. BECAUSE, WHEN HE WAS HERE, THAT WAS NEVER IS CONCERN... BUT NOW THAT JESUS IS IN THE HEART OF MEN, TITHES SUDDENLY BECOMES THE MAJOR TALKING POINT

Note: just like any social organization, it's nice to contribute financially for necessity purposes; but promoting tithes and offering as the major concern in church is not Godly. Jesus Christ & His Disciple never promoted the gospel of Tithes & Offering. How comes this generation?

Criticism are welcomed, and I do appreciate and respect others different point of views

Many thanks.
[/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by patroccini: 8:35am On Jan 18, 2015
We say first fruit If you are casket maker carry your first casket to pastor and see whether he will accept

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 18, 2015
sonssyo:

because they carry bracelet like uuuu

Well if u really know xtian history.
U wud agree with me the the early church followers are the coptics.

But lemmi ask u...between Constantine and Paul,who do u think is the founder if xtianity?

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by peteruuu(m): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2015
imagrg:
God have mercy!
It doesn't concern you what the money is being used for.
We're all committed to pay it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2015
imagrg:
What will happen to Malachi 3:10~11, are we to ignore or disobey the commandment of God in other to make sure that pastors does n't extravagant life style.
That will be denying myself the blessings that God promised if i do.
My advice give to God and don't ask what it is used for.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Rapzino: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2015
imagrg:
get behind me Satan!
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by UnimkeAk(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2015
ibkgab001:
Op! Those pastors will kill u ooo...why would u be whistle Blower like ur Brother Sanusi lamido ... Okkk

Sanusi the guy indicted for corruption while heading CBN.
They guy don stain joor.
Very wicked soul, u d chop o, u still gt mind the blow whistle.
(corruption is corruption wheter it is 100 or 1m)
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by understatement: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2015
patroccini:
We say first fruit If you are casket maker carry your first casket to pastor and see whether he will accept
this is not how to think
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by bcjpevo: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2015

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 18, 2015
BBackOurGlory:
Repentance have to do with holiness and it is recorded and beeing quoated more often from old testament.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Niseamaka(m): 8:46am On Jan 18, 2015
lastmessenger:

Put your faith to work? Boy there are better ways to put your faith to work. Your pastor or those who wants your January salary is not better than apostle Paul who taught us the right way to give.
Well it is obvious that you want to be scammed over and over after all you are looking for recognition. I know where you belong. If you don't it pastor go know say Gomb is not obeying leadership.
But at the end of the day, Yu won't be better than those who know that they are aupposed to obey Gods words and not mans scheming. The funny thing is that one Idiot will come out and give a stupid testimony how first fruit made him rich and they will forget that there are thousands who gave their first fruit and nothing happened in their lives.
Gomb you are decieved.you will be a happier boy if you spend a part of that money on somebody who is in dare need. You will be fulfilling the sayings of Christ and not some Kalo Kalo doctrine geard towards raising money.

Thumps up mehn, some people will never learn. imagine giving your whole month salary to a pastor in the name of religion!.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by listica(m): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2015
Oyenirany:
The person that post this is hell sent... We pay tithle because it is the commandment of God... We pay it in obedient to God's words not to pastor
Thank you very much,we pay tithes to God not to pastor,if they r looting or scamming let God judge them
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by seueh: 8:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Bible will not contradict itself, either u give or pay your tithe, so far u are doing it base on love then u doing the right thing. One thing people don't know is just that they forgive to bless their pastor and people around them after they have paid their tithe. Tithing is not the final thing. Even if u pay your tithe or give your pastor your first fruit and u do not have love, my brethren u do everything in vain. Let us pray for the wisdom of God to direct us
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by golddeejay(m): 8:49am On Jan 18, 2015
and someone is saying the pastor is the richest because he obeys d law of paying tithe. You dont need to be a genius to know that 10% of just 60% of the congregation will easily make him one of the richest. If i hear i give 10 percent of my money to any pastors. They now have private jets while their congregation is poor. They build private universities that their members cant afford to send their children to. It is lyk people belif their pastors more than jesus himself.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by antifailure(m): 8:52am On Jan 18, 2015
You are the one that has problem with Academics, I am very sure you went to local university if you are not even a drop out or WAEC holder, I am very sure you will vote for Buhari, he holds the same degree with you but he is very intelligent. try wake up pls because you just quoted one bible Verse and you felt that is the only thing written in the scripture. May God help you. Do not be annoyed the way i fooled you. I only want you to be wise because wisdom is profitable to direct and in all your getting, get understanding.
Malachi 3:10 - Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by bynat(f): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2015
MsNas:

In the area of tithe collection? No. Islam doesn't mandate you to give tithes to clerics and Imams. In short, you are urged to feed the needy and the poor. Especially during the month of Ramadan. That is what is called Zakat. You might decide to give your Imams or Alfas some token, but that's totally at your discretion.
verily, u are wit mi. Winks.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Youceemeri: 8:55am On Jan 18, 2015
Hello great nairalanders pls i need your financial help to solve to problem which is been affecting me since d turn of the year...I need this cash to paid for a room for me and my son(Shelter). They have served us quit notice.. There's no business i could venture in that would yield maximum return at this moment, beside am on street now running up and down to make our end for food, am not lazy i can do any work but not into robbery pls i just want to be a good daddy for my son since his mum is late, i believe downfall of a man not the end, all i need is a roof over our head so i could be able to cool down and find job to make him proud.. The money i need is #20,000 to get a room..Any financial help would be greatly appreciated...I know there is good people out there who can help me .......May God bless and reward u all.
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by BBackOurGlory: 8:55am On Jan 18, 2015
chisco82:

Repentance have to do with holiness and it is recorded and beeing quoated more often from old testament.

Not true bros......

The mark difference between Christianity and other Religion is the Gospel of Jesus. This is the truth of ALL AGES..
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by BBackOurGlory: 8:56am On Jan 18, 2015
[quote author=BBackOurGlory post=29894960][/quote]
Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 18, 2015
golddeejay:
and someone is saying the pastor is the richest because he obeys d law of paying tithe. You dont need to be a genius to know that 10% of just 60% of the congregation will easily make him one of the richest. If i hear i give 10 percent of my money to any pastors. They now have private jets while their congregation is poor. They build private universities that their members cant afford to send their children to. [B]It is lyk people belif their pastors more than jesus himself.[/B]a

Exactomundo.

Modern "Christianity" has become a cult religion loosely based on the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth and his early followers.

And if Jesus perchance were to come back, Christians would kill him all over again. Best believe that.

1 Like

Re: Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! by Trottle: 8:59am On Jan 18, 2015
bynat:
Isn't islam toping in this area? grin
How undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Buhari's Problem Is Spiritual" - Prophet Wisdom Nnamdi Ezeigwe / ₦100m Was Paid For My Release - Samuel Uche (Methodist Cleric) / 7 Dangerous Night Dreams You Must Not Joke With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.