Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996608 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hyfr(m): 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
adenjnr:

Concerning choice of school, you have to decide that for yourself. check out www.daad.de/en to search for schools/course.

If you are in Lagos you can enrol for German class at Goethe Institute in VI.

all the best
Thanks bro, pls you have the idea, tell me which part(north,west,south,east) should I go for? Am already on the site
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
adenjnr:

It actually depends on the school and the enrolment deadline. Latest by ending of February, all schools admitting for summer most have taken their decision.
Thanks Bro, Jah bless.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Achyever(f): 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
adenjnr:

It is either block account (scan the reciept given to you when you opened the account at the embassy) or sponsorship letter (your sponsor must reside in Germany, earn above 1k5euros and have good credit).

do you have an admission already?
have you opened a block account?
do you intend using sponsorship letter?

answer these questions so as to be able to give the best answer to your questions.
Yes I have been offered admission. I want to use the block account, but I haven't opened it yet.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
hyfr:
Thanks bro, pls you have the idea, tell me which part(north,west,south,east) should I go for? Am already on the site

Go for all/any naaa, this your question sef get as e be...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by busky101(m): 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
Williamso:

lol, I tire. Buh na curiosity d cause am sha. I understand the guy sha
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Lovelyleo: 5:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
Please how can i register for an insurance cover while still in Nigeria as that is one of the criteria in preparing for an interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Lovelyleo: 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
Please i need your assistance. How can i open an insurance cover while still in Nigeria as a criteria to be fulfilled before interview.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
hyfr:
Honestly I started following this read last month,I've been an ardent follower of the canadian visa thread but decided to swerve, I've read this post from Pages1-65,that should be year 2012, it hasn't be easy, I feel I'm lagging behind so I decided to hasten up and join the current thread just like our brother JUSTWISE said the pages are too long to start reading backwards. So House please pardon me for bringing you back. I'd appreciate if you guys can help suggest a good place and university for mechanical/ ICT engineering(UNDE-RGRADUATE) pls. And how to begin to go about it, I've read some steps here but I'm getting more confused the only thing I grabbed is the 8K blocked account issue and few others. Please help a brother,I'm willing to follow your instructions

Hi
Do you have waec or you already studied first year in uni?
if you got only waec then you have to attend studienkolleg for 2 semesters before you can study in Uni or polytechnic in Germany.
The language of study is in German.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hyfr(m): 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
styles2009:

Hi
Do you have waec or you already studied first year in uni?
if you got only waec then you have to attend studienkolleg for 2 semesters before you can study in Uni or polytechnic in Germany.
The language of study is in German.
ok bro thanks I just got out of secondary school, I have a good Waec. Tell me more about studienkolleg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hyfr(m): 6:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
Williamso:

bro I just got out of secondary school, have not attended any uni or poly yet
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hyfr(m): 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
busky101:
lol, I tire. Buh na curiosity d cause am sha. I understand the guy sha
yeah bro just a suggestion or idea can put me through, still fresh outta secondary school
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 7:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
Achyever:

Yes I have been offered admission. I want to use the block account, but I haven't opened it yet.

Ok then. You have to open the block account 1st before you can book appointment for visa.
Msc or Bsc, which city/school?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
Lovelyleo:
Please i need your assistance. How can i open an insurance cover while still in Nigeria as a criteria to be fulfilled before interview.

What type of visa are you applying for?

If its business/tourist visa, walk into any insurance company office (mansard, Igi, aiico etc) and get your insurance but if its a student visa, insurance is never a criteria to be fulfilled before interview rather a citeria for visa collection after interview.

Be more explicit in your question so as to get prompt response.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Achyever(f): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
adenjnr:

Ok then. You have to open the block account 1st before you can book appointment for visa.
Msc or Bsc, which city/school?
Alright. Can I do that tomorrow, Saturday?
Lubeck, MSc.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 8:35pm On Feb 06, 2015
Achyever:

Alright. Can I do that tomorrow, Saturday?
Lubeck, MSc.

No the embassy works monday to friday only.

@all Please note the embassy will not work on the 13th and 27th of this month(this i got from the embassy's website).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fatalveli(m): 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
I also wanna enquire about the studienkolleg, I'm still a university aspirant and I wanna go study in germany, but according to the latest revelation about that I can't enter German university with Waec. I'd prefer to go study at studienkolleg in Germany than Nigeria, so I wanna ask you guys that is it possible. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Achyever(f): 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
adenjnr:

No the embassy works monday to friday only.

@all Please note the embassy will not work on the 13th and 27th of this month(this i got from the embassy's website).
Thank you very much.
I will like to know how to open the block account and the documents I need, so if you can point me to a page where I can read extensively on that, I will appreciate it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 8:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
Achyever:

Thank you very much.
I will like to know how to open the block account and the documents I need, so if you can point me to a page where I can read extensively on that, I will appreciate it.

I cant remember the page precisely but even if start reading from page 400, you see where it was discussed extensively.

All the same, all you need is your admission letter, International Passport, account opening form (you can get this on the embassy's website student check list) with 4500naira.

Others who just passed through the process can as well help out .

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Achyever(f): 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
adenjnr:

I cant remember the page precisely but even if start reading from page 400, you see where it was discussed extensively.

All the same, all you need is your admission letter, International Passport, account opening form (you can get this on the embassy's website student check list) with 4500naira.

Others who just passed through the process can as well help out .
Thank you.
Please anybody that can contribute should kindly do so.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Achyever(f): 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
I made a trip to cotonou last year, while I crossed over they stamped my passport, but on my way back they didn't do it. I think we just bypass that and paid money so I don't waste time.
Please will this affect me in anyway?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
Achyever:

Thank you very much.

Achyever, you just registered here 2 days ago and you cant read some few pages back. My dear, dont be lazy, try and read some pages backward.

Meanwhile, the information below was received from the embassy by an intending applicant:

Dear Sir,

thank you for your email.

Please be advised that the Consulate General can only certify your signature for the necessary opening of a blocked account if you already have the admission letter of the university (a pdf printout is sufficient), as a copy of the admission letter has to be forwarded to the bank with the application form and your passport copy.

As soon as you have submitted your application for the opening of a blocked account, you will receive a confirmation letter from the Consulate with which you can apply for your student visa.

I trust you find this information helpful. Attached please also find the checklist with further information concerning the opening of a blocked account.

Yours sincerely,

b.o.

Jassima Wortelkamp

Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik Deutschland
15, Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island, Lagos
Federal Republic of Nigeria

This is the content of the attached pdf document:

Opening of Student Account (Blocked Account)
with Deutsche Bank
In order to open a blocked account with Deutsche Bank, you need to send an
application to the bank in Germany. Your signature on the application form
needs to be certified. The certification of signature can be done free of charge at
the Consulate General in Lagos or at the Embassy in Abuja during normal
business hours.
Please bring along:
1. filled application form for a blocked account
2. international passport and 2 copies of the data page
3. admission letter of the German university and 2 copies thereof
You will have to sign the application form in presence of a Consular officer in
order to have your signature certified.
All forms and more information can be obtained from the homepage of the
Deutsche Bank:
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pbc/pk-studium-international_students_en.html
Please note that it can take up to three weeks after the certification until the
bank account will be opened.

Mind you, the required amount for Blocked account is 8050 euros. As a student, you are entitled to withdraw around 650-700 euros per month. this will be used for your daily/monthly upkeep.

Alles gute !!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hyfr(m): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
Adenjnr pls help me out with the Studeinkolleg admission,since its the first procedure to take. Can I apply for this summer period? How can I go about that. Hope I'm not bothering you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 9:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
Excerpt from a page:

It costs nothing and takes only a few hours to open if you already have a current account with the same bank. Otherwise, you'll have to provide the bank with 2 individual references. The transfer itself takes 24-48hrs. Before the end of the second business day, you should receive confirmation from Deutsche Bank confirming credit in your account, a copy of which they would have forwarded to the embassy at the same time as yours) You will be charged around €60 + N4000(transfer commission,telex copies,VAT and offshore charges) and the Deutsche Bank will charge you €50 for the blocked account (so make sure you include those charges in the actual transfer sum).

Someone on this thread used Afribank for direct transfer. dont know if that still exists, but you could give it a try.

Gemeinsam sind wir stark undecided

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
hyfr:
Adenjnr pls help me out with the Studeinkolleg admission,since its the first procedure to take. Can I apply for this summer period? How can I go about that. Hope I'm not bothering you

An O'Level doesn't often grant you direct access to a German university. You may be required to sit for an aptitude test (in the case that you have extraordinary O'Level grades) or to join "Studienkolleg", a foundation year class before admission to the first year in the university after an exam. However, if you do well in the first semester of the Foundation year, you may also choose to write the test at the end of the semester and gain entrance to the Uni, provided you pass.

Now how does the process work, because studienkollege teaches you in german language, the embassy may never give you a language study visa, instead, you will be re-directed to Goethe institute to study that. At present, Registration have closed at Goethe institute. but a new academic calendar will be up around April (That is confirmed) Ensure you attain A2 then apply for studienkollege. studying A1-A2 will span across 8 months.

After obtaining your german A2 profiency, then you can proceed to apply for Studienkollege.

Or better still, if you can attain A level Cambridge GCE, it may give you a greater edge.

Your O'Level alone may not be enough to apply for Degree in germany.

Others may contribute

Mein zwei loffel !!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hyfr(m): 10:03pm On Feb 06, 2015
dolpaz:

An O'Level doesn't often grant you direct access to a German university. You may be required to sit for an aptitude test (in the case that you have extraordinary O'Level grades) or to join "Studienkolleg", a foundation year class before admission to the first year in the university after an exam. However, if you do well in the first semester of the Foundation year, you may also choose to write the test at the end of the semester and gain entrance to the Uni, provided you pass.

Now how does the process work, because studienkollege teaches you in german language, the embassy may never give you a language study visa, instead, you will be re-directed to Goethe institute to study that. At present, Registration have closed at Goethe institute. but a new academic calendar will be up around April (That is confirmed) Ensure you attain A2 then apply for studienkollege. studying A1-A2 will span across 8 months.

After obtaining your german A2 profiency, then you can proceed to apply for Studienkollege.

Or better still, if you can attain A level Cambridge GCE, it may give you a greater edge.

Your O'Level alone may not be enough to apply for Degree in germany.

Others may contribute

Mein zwei loffel !!!
God bless bro. But please I don't stay in lagos to apply for the goethe institute program. I don't think is anywhere around where I stay. I stay at aba/awka. I think I would consider your 2nd suggestion of Cambridge GCE how does that go?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fxsly: 10:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
Eke40seven:

Is the letterhead part of the main body of the transcript itself or a separate paper stapled to the main transcript?
If the answer to the latter is in the affirmative, then yank it off completely and you have your "universal" transcript.
Assess it well though.

My 2 cowries
eke40seven the letter headed is stapled to the main transcript. thanks for the reply
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Achyever(f): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
dolpaz:

Thanks for the info.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dencotech(m): 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
Exactly, I was putting on glassess. Can u send me a private. Message. Let's connect

Clandestine60:

Nice. Congrats bro. Were you putting on glasses
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dencotech(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
kaypopps:
@dencotech which school did you apply too in lower saxony?
University of Osnabruck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
Achyever:
I made a trip to cotonou last year, while I crossed over they stamped my passport, but on my way back they didn't do it. I think we just bypass that and paid money so I don't waste time.
Please will this affect me in anyway?
I don't think so. If you have any doubt, you could just easily fix it. Sorry, I wasn't available to answer your questions but thank goodness adenjnr and Dolpaz have been around to do great justice to all your questions.
fxsly:

eke40seven the letter headed is stapled to the main transcript. thanks for the reply
Good! yank the damn thing off.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
Anyone got btu cottbus summer admission?, uni-assist forward my documents to the school over three weeks, yet to hear from the school
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
hyfr:
God bless bro. But please I don't stay in lagos to apply for the goethe institute program. I don't think is anywhere around where I stay. I stay at aba/awka. I think I would consider your 2nd suggestion of Cambridge GCE how does that go?
You can also try to fix yourself in a university. NOUN is easier but of course, Cambridge A level will be faster but more expensive in the short run and without solid tutorials, harder to pass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.