Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997941 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Oh dear,

Maybe you should give them till Monday to reply you.
If not you can try calling them on phone.
Other than that there isn't much I can suggest

OlaoChi:

Oh thanks, the problem now is that since I submitted my documents to the school(3 weeks now) I've not received any confirmation (not even that they have received my documents) and they aren't replying emails
What would you advise considering the semester begins in September
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Oh dear,

Maybe you should give them till Monday to reply you.
If not you can try calling them on phone.
Other than that there isn't much I can suggest

hi Ahbbiey
Looks like you are going to Hamburg, You gotten accommodation there already?
apply to student union and bombard them with mail and call.
Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
Do tell me more about this student union you speak of.

styles2009:

hi Ahbbiey
Looks like you are going to Hamburg, You gotten accommodation there already?
apply to student union and bombard them with mail and call.
Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Folks, respond naa. Ever-reliable Ahbbiey, anyone, eh?

Can academic certificates and testimonials that are not themselves parts of requirements for the visa interview serve as biographic documents? Moreover, is only one's preceding degree i.e. a bachelor's degree for a master's programme, or a waec for a bachelor's programme, sufficient for the interview, or must one present all of his previous certificates of academic qualifications? 

Isn't one given back his original documents immediately after the interview? Because Obiwann said this:
'even though I had the NPC birth certificate, I kept it aside cos I might visit another embassy with it'
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol

I doubt academic certificates can serve that purpose (not 100% sure) don't you have an old library card or school Id card or yellow fever card?

Someone else can weigh in, I wasn't even asked for one though.

Go with them all WAEC + Bachelor's cert., in some cases you might be required to provide a scratch card.

No you don't get your originals back until you go to collect your visa.

number13:

Can academic certificates and testimonials that are not themselves parts of requirements for the visa interview serve as biographic documents? Moreover, is only one's preceding degree i.e. a bachelor's degree for a master's programme, or a waec for a bachelor's programme, sufficient for the interview, or must one present all of his previous certificates of academic qualifications? 

Isn't one given back his original documents immediately after the interview? Because Obiwann said this:
'even though I had the NPC birth certificate, I kept it aside cos I might visit another embassy with it'
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Do tell me more about this student union you speak of.

Hey.. am going to hamburg too.. I am still waiting for my visa response anyway. But I have gotten accomodation through
http://www.studierendenwerk-hamburg.de/studierendenwerk/en/wohnen/international_students/.. check it out
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
number13:

Additional certificates can suffice so long as its older than 5 years. Maybe primary school cert or some random old document that has your name on it... I guess the older the better. If u have anything apart from certs it will be better.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
Oh, it is studierendenwerk that was being referenced.

Thank you, I have already applied, to multiple houses.

They are still making iyanga for me sha.
@styles2009

Ceeesaw:

Hey.. am going to hamburg too.. I am still waiting for my visa response anyway. But I have gotten accomodation through
http://www.studierendenwerk-hamburg.de/studierendenwerk/en/wohnen/international_students/.. check it out
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:

@styles2009

yes its this one.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:

@styles2009

Ooh.. yeah that their long waiting list. If I had known you earlier.. they did one service package thing for international student. There are some private hostels tho but they are quite expensive.. check Stuart apartments or smartments..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
number13, I just de look you. No go de do over-sabi oh. You better go with all the documents listed in the online checklist on German embassy website but arrange the documents according to the checklist dolpaz uploaded some pages back. Any thing the embassy does not want they will not collect. Better safe than SORRY.

styles2009, are u in hamburg?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Danke,

I saw the service package thingee too, it just skipped my mind!

I will check it out.

I'm about to bombard you though.

So from the unofficial Hamburg welcoming committee I say Yay! It's a girl this time!
So what school are you heading to?
Course?
[How did you apply for accomodation? Like did you go through your school or was it personal? Hardcopy or online?

I think hose are all tge questions.
So #TeamHamburgWISE2015

quote author=Ceeesaw post=35755862]
Ooh.. yeah that their long waiting list. If I had known you earlier.. they did one service package thing for international student. There are some private hostels tho but they are quite expensive.. check Stuart apartments or smartments..[/quote]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
Never fails, Ahbbiey, never fails. Thanks, Ceeesaw too. Maybe reliability is a function of repeated letters in usernames.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Danke,

I saw the service package thingee too, it just skipped my mind!

I will check it out.

I'm about to bombard you though.

So from the unofficial Hamburg welcoming committee I say Yay! It's a girl this time!
So what school are you heading to?
Course?
[How did you apply for accomodation? Like did you go through your school or was it personal? Hardcopy or online?

I think hose are all tge questions.
So #TeamHamburgWISE2015

quote author=Ceeesaw post=35755862]
Ooh.. yeah that their long waiting list. If I had known you earlier.. they did one service package thing for international student. There are some private hostels tho but they are quite expensive.. check Stuart apartments or smartments..
Lol Yaay !!.. happy to meet u too. Yeah it was a personal application. They have d form on the website, you can download, fill and email it back to the lady in charge.
Am going to university of Hamburg for Msc Economics

What about you?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
number13:
Never fails, Ahbbiey, never fails. Thanks, Ceeesaw too. Maybe reliability is a function of repeated letters in usernames.
Lol... you are welcome

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ceeesaw:

Lol Yaay !!.. happy to meet u too. Yeah it was a personal application. They have d form on the website, you can download, fill and email it back to the lady in charge.

What about you?

three Nigerians in one class? this is partiality! angry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
Thanks, Obiwannn. My repeated-letter theory is gaining authenticity.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
I don dey jealous o. Dis one wey everybody don dey get city committee. Munich, hamburg,bonn,bremen. Abeg who dey go Stuttgart o. Make we relate. Or close to Stuttgart? Like essligen, ludwisburg, karshruhe(i hope d spelling is correct )
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Munich get committee? Where dem dey?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
Twinee!!!!!!!
OMG!
Me too
grin grin grin

I am seriously not alone!

Ok so you applied to a house in particular not through their online application portal?

If you Dont mind can you tell me which house?

Ceeesaw:

What about you?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol bitte schön
number13:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol when you were doing TUHH community nko?

Don't jealous us.

Obiwannn:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Twinee!!!!!!!
OMG!
Me too
grin grin grin

I am seriously not alone!

Ok so you applied to a house in particular not through their online application portal?

If you Dont mind can you tell me which house?

O wow.. Cool. I thought I was alone too.
It was the service package I applied for directly for Rudolf Laun haus. Check if its still open for application. Still on their website but not through the general application portal.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
Obiwannn:

Hahahaha.. you are welcome to change your location
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Lol when you were doing TUHH community nko?

Don't jealous us.

buahahaha....yeah we may be about 5 Nigerians headed to the TUHH, but come'on I never see anyone that is gonna be in my class (dammit u know how sweet e for be?- azzin having a study buddy, and partner in crime..chai..we for de run tins steady). Even to see Nigerian senior for TUHH na die; I get plenty questions to ask but I no gree see anyone.

Ceeesaw, abeg expantiate on that accommodation parolz. Sadly no more service packages are available and me dey find accommodation badly
So u been de go Hamburg yet u kept mute all this while? anyway welcome on board and thanks for unGhosting.
To all other ghosts on this thread: [size=15pt]THERE IS GOD OOOOOOOOOH[/size]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
Alright will take a look at it.

Thank you, it's really nice to meet you.
Ceeesaw:

O wow.. Cool. I thought I was alone too.
It was the service package I applied for directly for Rudolf Laun haus. Check if its still open for application. Still on their website but not through the general application portal.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Obiwannn:

buahahaha....yeah we may be about 5 Nigerians headed to the TUHH, but come'on I never see anyone that is gonna be in my class (dammit u know how sweet e for be?- azzin having a study buddy, and partner in crime..chai..we for de run tins steady). Even to see Nigerian senior for TUHH na die; I get plenty questions to ask but I no gree see anyone.

Ceeesaw, abeg expantiate on that accommodation parolz. Sadly no more service packages are available and me dey find accommodation badly
So u been de go Hamburg yet u kept mute all this while? anyway welcome on board and thanks for unGhosting.
To all other ghosts on this thread: [size=15pt]THERE IS GOD OOOOOOOOOH[/size]
Hahahaha.. wasn't ghosting on purpose... still on my Visa parolz shaa
On the accommodation.. U mean the service package is no longer available.. that is sad.
If you go to that studierendenwerk website, u will see an icon for private hostels. They are a bit more expensive than the public ones, but depending on your budget you will get something
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ceeesaw:

Hahahaha.. wasn't ghosting on purpose... still on my Visa parolz shaa
On the accommodation.. U mean the service package is no longer available.. that is sad.
If you go to that studierendenwerk website, u will see an icon for private hostels. They are a bit more expensive than the public ones, but depending on your budget you will get something

ok, thank you. I've checked out so many options on that their website anyway including student rooms run by other landlords. I haven't really looked at that private room options; and in most cases there are no free rooms or the houses are too far away from my school (in Harburg, southern Hamburg). On average I get a 1hr to 1hr 30min commute time via public transport on HVV website.
Phew, time to dig deeper and bring out the researcher in me cos I no fit sleep under bridge.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
Obiwannn:

ok, thank you. I've checked out so many options on that their website anyway including student rooms run by other landlords. I haven't really looked at that private room options; and in most cases there are no free rooms or the houses are too far away from my school (in Harburg, southern Hamburg). On average I get a 1hr to 1hr 30min commute time via public transport on HVV website.
Phew, time to dig deeper and bring out the researcher in me cos I no fit sleep under bridge.
dont worry. You will definitely get something

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
Jealous obiwann, U still dey wish for more...Me be loner o, I neva see any1 going to Rhine Phalz not to talk of ma Uni koblenz ...God dey sha
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 12:46am On Jul 12, 2015
Obiwannn:

Moin! You would hear this alot in Hamburg as the usual guten Tag

On the student union website, check for other private hostel, 1.30minutes is not to bad but e be like say na neighboringcity be that cos anything after 1hr with train from hamburg central station na another state be that cos Hamburg no to big.

On a side note, i like Harburg, my friend dey there. grin

This sites below are for those coming to Hamburg, they would come in handy for Jobs and Hostel application.

Students Jobs around Hamburg - http://www.stellenwerk-hamburg.de/start.html

http://www.studierendenwerk-hamburg.de/studierendenwerk/de/wohnen/wohnanlagen_anderer_traeger/

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 7:09am On Jul 12, 2015
lamingo:
who is going to Fachochschule Koln, Nordrhein-Westfalen ( Cologne Uniuversity of Applied Sciences, ) North Rhine Westphalia?

This is the school i intend applying to. I intend studing Logistics & Supply chain Management though it doesn't have any connection with my BSC first degree and my CGPA is around 2.21 but i have 2years experience in a Logistics company in Apapa, I hope I'm good to go sha. Plz any recommended schools from the house will go a long way for my preparations. I battling to get my student transcripts now from my school, i hope to meet up with summer session 2016.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.