Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997047 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by igwejay: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=GoldHorse post=35719888]

226 was used. The rate fluctuate though. And the banks, at times, add little something on top of the cbn rate but I have never seen any of them going below it. [/quote
Please did you spend up to 1.9 million. Charges inclusive
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2015
I think you are mixing up things here babe.

Health Insurance is gotten in Germany not from here. Do not bother getting it here, it is on your best interest.

If you are granted visa your will be asked to come with TRAVEL health insurance valid for three months.

And unless Niger Insurance is one of the Insurance Companies accepted by the embassy you can't use it.

As regards to your last question, hopefully you would have received your admission letter before your interview date. But in case you don't and you are still using the 'processing letter' you would be applying for a 'student applicant visa'.

It should not bother you too much because if the embassy is to grant you visa they might just ask you if you have received the admission letter just the same way they send reminders to fund blocked accounts.

I used my 'processing letter' to open an account and apply for my interview but the admission letter came before my interview date though.

OlaoChi:

Ok thanks, I will compare Niger Insurance with IGI and pick the preferable one

What if after booking an appointment with just a confirmation that your documents is being processed, you end up not receiving admission letter by the date of your visa application?

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2015
OlaoChi:

Wit a statement like that from the interviewer, I see a bright future for you

@ bold, this means one can apply for visa without first funding the blocked account. I never knew this, I thought you have to fund the account with the said 8000€ before visa interview
Genau!!
Ah!! see the kind thing wey you go make bolder for the entire quote.
God is watching you in 3D.

Try and read all the pages in details so you can get all the information you need.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:

Health Insurance is gotten in Germany not from here. Do not bother getting it here, it is on your best interest.

If you are granted visa your will be asked to come with TRAVEL health insurance valid for three months.

And unless Niger Insurance is one of the Insurance Companies accepted by the embassy you can't use it.

As regards to your last question, hopefully you would have received your admission letter before your interview date. But in case you don't and you are still using the 'processing letter' you would be applying for a 'student applicant visa'.

It should not bother you too much because if the embassy is to grant you visa they might just ask you if you have received the admission letter just the same way they send reminders to fund blocked accounts.

I used my 'processing letter' to open an account and apply for my interview but the admission letter came before my interview date though.

Ur answer concerning insurance is confusing here. The one I talked about is d 3months insurance b4 u receive ur visa. So I want to know the one u mean that will be gotten from germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
Every student in Germany needs health insurance which you will get in Germany.

The 3 months own is TRAVEL HEALTH INSURANCE

They are different

uchezdedon:

Ur answer concerning insurance is confusing here. The one I talked about is d 3months insurance b4 u receive ur visa. So I want to know the one u mean that will be gotten from germany.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Every student in Germany needs health insurance which you will get in Germany.

The 3 months own is TRAVEL HEALTH INSURANCE

They are different

Travel Health insurance is wht she was asking of.

Thanks for clarification.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by naijaobi(m): 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
Eke40seven:

Naijaobi nwanne, I sight you from afar, welcome ooo.
I go soon do interview for you na like last time.

No be our Abie, @Abiegal wey dey Manheim, be this one, na new Ahbbiey on the block wey go soon leave Naija I think.

Ah.. no wonder.. i think say na the abiegal wey i know o..
ekene kwa m gi sir
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
naijaobi:

ekene kwa m gi sir

Make una speak language wey we sabi joor.

sad

This is not NJM undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by naijaobi(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
OlaoChi:

Ok thanks, I will compare Niger Insurance with IGI and pick the preferable one

What if after booking an appointment with just a confirmation that your documents is being processed, you end up not receiving admission letter by the date of your visa application?

That means u don enter gbese be that..lol. The embassy will just collect the visa fee(which is even why they allowed you book an appointment without an admission letter) and then after the interview they'll give you a lil time to send them the admission letter by e-mail.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by naijaobi(m): 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
dolpaz:

Make una speak language wey we sabi joor.

sad

This is not NJM undecided

lol..pazinho..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missZ1: 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Good day, It's always good to get clear cut answers to enquiries . Please am still on the NPC documents. B3 cause I was born prior to 1991 I was issued a letter instead of an NPC cert . Pls can i use it . Will apreciate a straight answer instead of been scolded . Thanks in advance
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
ogompaul:
I have checked but nothing of such. please can u help with admission status portal.
I don't know of their admission status portal as I was since been rejected (20/05). Was it the online application you used?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
uchezdedon:

1) U will submit ur passport but it will be given back 2 u after ur interview same.

2) I think most pple prefer using IGI insurance. Seems its preferable ( though I don't know much on this)

3)The question here is not too clear, do u mean when booking for appointment or packaging documents for visa application?
Well for booking an appointment u can use ur email printout(it can be a notification from uni-assist dat ur documents is been processed or a soft copy of ur admission letter wch u have to print out in a hard copy).
But for visa packaging u must present ur admission letter.

4)Certifying ur documents means that ur documents must be properly endorsed (stamped) by the High court.

PAUSE!!!
Are you sure about this? Because I can remember a lady here (either part 1 or very early in this part, can't remember her moniker) who is currently in TUM and said she never got the deadwood-copy admission letter sent by post, and thus, used the soft-copy for all her processing. So please, try and re-verify.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
YOU DONT NEED YOUR ORIGINAL ADMISSION LETTER FOR YOUR INTERVIEW. Used d one i got with email for mine. I just got the original by post on friday. ORIginal or photocopy they will still confirm so anyone is fine.
Williamso:

PAUSE!!!
Are you sure about this? Because I can remember a lady here (either part 1 or very early in this part, can't remember her moniker) who is currently in TUM and said she never got the deadwood-copy admission letter sent by post, and thus, used the soft-copy for all her processing. So please, try and re-verify.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
If u were born before 1991 u should have a birth certificate. I think i can remember d lady from the embassy saying something like dat at d DAAD fair in goethe 2weeks ago.
missZ1:
Good day, It's always good to get clear cut answers to enquiries . Please am still on the NPC documents. B3 cause I was born prior to 1991 I was issued a letter instead of an NPC cert . Pls can i use it . Will apreciate a straight answer instead of been scolded . Thanks in advance
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
dammymayor:
YOU DONT NEED YOUR ORIGINAL ADMISSION LETTER FOR YOUR INTERVIEW. Used d one i got with email for mine. I just got the original by post on friday. ORIginal or photocopy they will still confirm so anyone is fine.

Exactly what I was saying. You should have quoted the person I quoted.

Cc: uchezdedon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
missZ1:

You worry too much. Go to a Federal High court and swear an affidavit deposed by your head of family- Father, Mother as the case may be. The affidavit should bear the heading Statutory Declaration of Age. Costs like 500 naira. With this go to any NPC state headquarters i.e National Population Commission in a place that is the capital of the state e.g If you are in Delta, go to Asaba NPC office, If you are in Rivers, go to Port Harcourt NPC office then present this your sworn affidavit then they will prepare the NPC birth certificate for you. Costs about 2000 or 2500 as the case may be.

OR, you take the affidavit like that to the embassy with the receipt ectera (They will accept it as that is what I used- even though I had the NPC birth certificate, I kept it aside cos I might visit another embassy with it).
Note that if you want to save yourself the stress of not going to NPC Office, then you can swear the said affidavit at any High court/Federal High Court. Only use the Federal High Court if you like stress and want to subsequently get the NPC Birth Certificate. I'd advise you to get it sha as it is recognized all over the world and you might need it in the future.

Williamso:

PAUSE!!!
Are you sure about this? Because I can remember a lady here (either part 1 or very early in this part, can't remember her moniker) who is currently in TUM and said she never got the deadwood-copy admission letter sent by post, and thus, used the soft-copy for all her processing. So [quote author=Williamso post=35744033]
Her name is ebele17 and she has since deserted this thread. But with the resurfacing of naijaobi, lets hope she comes back to show us some love.
[quote author=uchezdedon post=35736347]
1) U will submit ur passport but it will be given back 2 u after ur interview same.
2) I think most pple prefer using IGI insurance. Seems its preferable ( though I don't know much on this)
3)The question here is not too clear, do u mean when booking for appointment or packaging documents for visa application?
Well for booking an appointment u can use ur email printout(it can be a notification from uni-assist dat ur documents is been processed or a soft copy of ur admission letter wch u have to print out in a hard copy).
But for visa packaging u must present ur admission letter.
4)Certifying ur documents means that ur documents must be properly endorsed (stamped) by the High court.
You are wrong my friend, you can use the soft copy of the admission letter to do everything from booking appointment to visa interview to enrolment at the school et al. Heck the school I have decided to go neva send me my hard copy of admission letter while the others I was admitted to but which I go soon reject don send their own. And as someone has already said, it can easily be confirmed.

naijaobi:

ekene kwa m gi sir
9jaKing abeg the obi in your name, does it stand for Obinna? grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hey.. I have one small question for those that already got their blocked account number.. How long did it take to get your account details after applying for it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
scofield03:
hello house,
I had my interview yesterday and it was superb!
Similar questions to what my ogas have updated. I have these to add to what I was asked:

I was interviewed by the white lady that signed the blocked acct form, when she asked what do you know about Germany? I mentioned 3 to 4 sentences n she stopped me and directly asking me the questions.. like, population, the countries bordering Germany, number of states ( I listed them alphabetically- she also asked for their capital) I listed up to the 7 with capital n she stopped me.
who is the head of Germany?
who is the president?
who is the first president n chancellor of Germany? I gave her a bold smile n said ma'am I did not make my research up to that. She smiled back too and said okay!
you want to study in FREIBERG? yea! what do you know about FREIBERG? I started by saying it means free mountain in German, and it is located in Saxony 31km from Dresden the capital. she stopped me and said she doubt what I am saying that is Freiberg really in Saxony (she pronounced it Sachsen). I said yea I'm sure. she replied and told me to give her a minute to confirm, she googled straight (I have a feeling she used wikipedia). when she saw it to be correct she nodded her head and said she never knew its in Saxony( I was feeling like a superstar with a lil smile on my face)
she asked which district? (that was when I knew she is on Wikipedia) I mentioned mittelsachsen
Who is the governor or president of Sachsen (not sure which of the two she used) ? I said do you mean the mayor? she said yeah.. at this point I paused n do ehmm Erwin something I said I can't pronounce the last name she said I should pronounce it any how. then I mentioned the name and back it up with the spelling Erwin Schramm (i was not sure if d name end with a d' or t') she first said noo am I sure? I said yeah n spelt the first five letters n said stop u are right with a smile, she wanted to know if I'm sure of wat I'm saying

she continued n ask for population of Saxony n capital? I gave her
Now my course, how many modules n CP? I said its not arranged semesterly from what I saw in my program that I only know 14 core modules n 13 electives, she said mention them, I mentioned the 14 core modules n she put them down on the PC I was about giving her the electives she said I should not worry?
who is ur sponsor?
what does he earn? his position?
I answered all without stuttering she nodded in affirmation.
please I will continue later...
Seems like a very sound interview

Excuse me, this information about course structure, how did you obtain it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Please house, though a good friend in this forum, uchezdon told me uniassist accepts 2 sittings, but then I'll like to know if anyone has ever sent waec in 2 sittings to uniassist, uche please do u know of anyone who has ever sent waec result in 2 sittings to uniassist or any German school? Sorry for my repeated questions, this is just for confirmation.
NB- I am going for msc.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:

Thanks, although am aware it's Travel insurance. ..I've been reading the thread for hours now
So can you inform me about the insurance companies accepted by the embassy? I want to compare

Are you saying one can get the visa at hand before getting the admission letter and funding the blocked account?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 4:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
Williamso:

PAUSE!!!

We r saying d same thing. Admission letter remains admission letter whether send via email or post, hence it will be verified by VO.
But u can't use something like notification letter from uni-assist to replace admission letter u must present admission letter b4 getting ur visa.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
kilo4sure:
Please house, though a good friend in this forum, uchezdon told me uniassist accepts 2 sittings, but then I'll like to know if anyone has ever sent waec in 2 sittings to uniassist, uche please do u know of anyone who has ever sent waec result in 2 sittings to uniassist or any German school? Sorry for my repeated questions, this is just for confirmation.
NB- I am going for msc.

Uni-assist accept two sittings. U don't even need to bother urself since u r going 4 M.sc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
OlaoChi:

Seems like a very sound interview

Excuse me, this information about course structure, how did you obtain it?
Thanks, you can easily get it online. its usually a pdf, just download it study it vry well. you can nt escape it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
If you had seen an earlier post I made I mentioned AIICO, IGI AND MUTUAL BENEFITS
You can do a Google search to find more but these are the ones I am certain about.

No you cannot get your visa at hand before funding your account. The embassy will constantly remind you to fund it.

In correspondence with my school (before being given an admission letter)
I was told I would be applying for a Student Applicant Visa

Student applicant visas are for students who want to study in Germany on a longer-term basis but have not yet been admitted to a university. This visa allows them to come to Germany for three months to look for a program. Once they have enrolled, the visa can be converted to a national visa. If they do not enroll in a program within three months, the visas may sometimes be extended but that is up to the discretion of the visa-granting authorities.

From www.study-in.de

Student applicant visa („Visum zur Studienbewerbung“)

If you have not yet received notification of admission to a university or foundation course, you should apply for a student applicant visa.

This three-month visa allows you to meet the requirements for admission to a German university. If you find that three months is not long enough, you may extend your visa to a maximum of six months. If you are admitted to the university or foundation course within this period, you may apply for a student visa.

When I book my visa interview I specified Student Applicant Visa because I didn't have my admission letter, but the embassy replied me with ....your application for Student Visa......

The fact is that both your student visa and student applicant visa are valid for 3 months pending your registration with the local office in whichever state your school is in Germany.

It is possible to open an account, book an interview date and have your interview with your processing letter.

I have attached the bolded statement on my processing letter if yours is similar to it you then you can use it.

* So after all my rambling it seems possible (in theory) to get your visa at hand without an admission letter. But in real life I haven't seen it so I cannot say.*

OlaoChi:

Thanks, although am aware it's Travel insurance. ..I've been reading the thread for hours now
So can you inform me about the insurance companies accepted by the embassy? I want to compare

Are you saying one can get the visa at hand before getting the admission letter and funding the blocked account?

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2015
uchezdedon:

Uni-assist accept two sittings. U don't even need to bother urself since u r going 4 M.sc
Thanks boss! How ur side na?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
uchezdedon:
We r saying d same thing. Admission letter remains admission letter whether send via email or post, hence it will be verified by VO.
But u can't use something like notification letter from uni-assist to replace admission letter u must present admission letter b4 getting ur visa.
Sorry sir. Misunderstood you. I assumed you were referring to the deadwood copy snail-mailed from the school to the student.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
Can academic certificates and testimonials that are not themselves parts of requirements for the visa interview serve as biographic documents? Moreover, is only one's preceding degree i.e. a bachelor's degree for a master's programme, or a waec for a bachelor's programme, sufficient for the interview, or must one present all of his previous certificates of academic qualifications?

@Obiwann and others: Isn't one given back his original documents immediately after the interview?:
even though I had the NPC birth certificate, I kept it aside cos I might visit another embassy with it

@Ahbbiey: lol:
So after all my rambling it seems possible (in theory) to get your visa at hand without an admission letter. But in real life I haven't seen it so I cannot say
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
who is going to Fachochschule Koln, Nordrhein-Westfalen ( Cologne Uniuversity of Applied Sciences, ) North Rhine Westphalia?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
scofield03:
Thanks, you can easily get it online. its usually a pdf, just download it study it vry well. you can nt escape it.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ahbbiey:
If you had seen an earlier post I made I mentioned AIICO, IGI AND MUTUAL BENEFITS
You can do a Google search to find more but these are the ones I am certain about.

No you cannot get your visa at hand before funding your account. The embassy will constantly remind you to fund it.

In correspondence with my school (before being given an admission letter)
I was told I would be applying for a Student Applicant Visa

Student applicant visas are for students who want to study in Germany on a longer-term basis but have not yet been admitted to a university. This visa allows them to come to Germany for three months to look for a program. Once they have enrolled, the visa can be converted to a national visa. If they do not enroll in a program within three months, the visas may sometimes be extended but that is up to the discretion of the visa-granting authorities.

From www.study-in.de

Student applicant visa („Visum zur Studienbewerbung“)

If you have not yet received notification of admission to a university or foundation course, you should apply for a student applicant visa.

This three-month visa allows you to meet the requirements for admission to a German university. If you find that three months is not long enough, you may extend your visa to a maximum of six months. If you are admitted to the university or foundation course within this period, you may apply for a student visa.

When I book my visa interview I specified Student Applicant Visa because I didn't have my admission letter, but the embassy replied me with ....your application for Student Visa......

The fact is that both your student visa and student applicant visa are valid for 3 months pending your registration with the local office in whichever state your school is in Germany.

It is possible to open an account, book an interview date and have your interview with your processing letter.

I have attached the bolded statement on my processing letter if yours is similar to it you then you can use it.

* So after all my rambling it seems possible (in theory) to get your visa at hand without an admission letter. But in real life I haven't seen it so I cannot say.*

Oh thanks, the problem now is that since I submitted my documents to the school(3 weeks now) I've not received any confirmation (not even that they have received my documents) and they aren't replying emails
What would you advise considering the semester begins in September
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
OlaoChi:

Oh thanks, the problem now is that since I submitted my documents to the school(3 weeks now) I've not received any confirmation (not even that they have received my documents) and they aren't replying emails
What would you advise considering the semester begins in September

Call the admission office and explain 2 dem. It happened to me and I called them. Dat same they they sent my admission letter (soft copy) via email. So try and call them by monday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.