Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997704 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by zik4ever: 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
Please has anyone gotten a schengen visa particularly for Netherlands (through the French or Belgium Embassy) within 3 weeks as they advice/advertise?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GoldHorse(m): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ahbbiey:
1. Orientation starts Oct 1 and classes Oct 12th

2. My interview was before the new checklist so I used the one on their website however I do advice you to use the one posted here on Monday.

3. You need travel health insurance valid for three months. It is meant to cover you for your journey to Germany not for your stay there. That health insurance is different.
You cannot/should not obtain health insurance for use in Germany from Nigeria.
As for the travel health insurance the accepted ones I know are AIICO, IGI and MUTUAL BENEFITS.
I do not know their current going rates, intend to check tomorrow.

On the blocked account. I used Union Bank, Festac branch. Just two days and I got notification from DB. Pm me and I will give you the FT officer's phone number. You can use their head office if possible because all the branches will still forward to the treasury department in the head office.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
number13:
It is said that he who asks questions does not get lost. Is there a new checklist for the visa interview? Like an update on the version available online. I understand that it is somewhere on this thread, but I can't seem to be able to find it. I'd be glad if someone could point out the page number.
That checklist is actually not new, I remember something similar was sent last year as you get a reply for an appointment date but they didn't attach that this time around. Just use it as a guide to arrange your documents but pleeeaaasssee make reference to the one online because its more comprehensive.
I still feel the man at the gate just wanted to add a touch to his usual drama that is why he brought out the list or else, checking the documents has never been part of his responsibility.
I will cross check the two now and show you how I arranged mine exactly and the little changes the VO did...but that will be later.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello everyone.. I have my vaccination card but it's very old and badly torn.. I will have to use a cellotape it to hold it together.. Can I use my secondary school testimonial in place of it as a biolographically old document? My sec school testimonial is over 5 years old..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 10:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
number13:
It is said that he who asks questions does not get lost. Is there a new checklist for the visa interview? Like an update on the version available online. I understand that it is somewhere on this thread, but I can't seem to be able to find it. I'd be glad if someone could point out the page number.
check page 103,104,105 it was a post by dolpaz
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello everyone.. I have my vaccination card but it's very old and badly torn.. I will have to use a cellotape it to hold it together.. Can I use my secondary school testimonial in place of it as a biolographically old document? My sec school testimonial is over 5 years old..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
Williamso:

Four months? What program did you apply for?
Yes Bro. submitted on 30/03/2015 nd since then I haven't gotten anything from them even d email I sent to them, wasn't replied till now. I applied for M.SC Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
Oga Justwise why you hide my post plus my prayer request join??
At least you for just edit the info and leave the rest, I was just helping out in my own way so that people wouldn't have to PM and that the message could go round since that is what we encourage here...
Well, no need for all the moaning, it will all fall on deaf ears...
Abeg before una go sleep tonight or wake up in the morning make una no forget to put me for prayers. Blocked account money slow to come but God dey.....

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
Eke40seven:

That checklist is actually not new, I remember something similar was sent last year as you get a reply for an appointment date but they didn't attach that this time around. Just use it as a guide to arrange your documents but pleeeaaasssee make reference to the one online because its more comprehensive.
I still feel the man at the gate just wanted to add a touch to his usual drama that is why he brought out the list or else, checking the documents has never been part of his responsibility.
I will cross check the two now and show you how I arranged mine exactly and the little changes the VO did...but that will be later.....

The man didn't check documents today... He just like to intimidate ppl jare... It's not his job...It's the chincogerman woman dat does all dat
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
Anyone heading to the rhine pfalz dis winter or anyone already there. Heading to Koblenz dis winter...
Won't also mind the ogas in the houz to link me up.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
ogompaul:
Yes Bro. submitted on 30/03/2015 nd since then I haven't gotten anything from them even d email I sent to them, wasn't replied till now. I applied for M.SC Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Hmmmm.
Maybe you should check your spam. They have since replied my application (20/05), though I applied for Computer Science.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 10, 2015
Are you talking to me?

GoldHorse:

On the blocked account. I used Union Bank, Festac branch. Just two days and I got notification from DB. Pm me and I will give you the FT officer's phone number. You can use their head office if possible because all the branches will still forward to the treasury department in the head office.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 10, 2015
What I am trying to say is which ever date you put on your travel insurance will be the day your visa's validity starts.

If you get the insurance for 01/10/2015 to 01/10/2015 your visa will be valid from 01/10/2015

Is that clear?

You need the travel health insurance to collect your visa.

number13:
@Ahhbiey: I was talking about the date on the visa, not the travel insurance. Will it be valid from the day it is issued, or from near the date when your programme commences. Another clarification please; do you need the insurance to be ISSUED a visa or just to COLLECT it? Because the insurance isn't a part of the visa checklist, and you have already been issued the visa, right, even though you don't have the insurance yet?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 5:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Please for those that used sponsorship letter, is there any place they wrote the relationship btw you and ur sponsor?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 5:56am On Jul 10, 2015
uchezdedon:
Please for those that used sponsorship letter, is there any place they wrote the relationship btw you and ur sponsor?
Yes
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 10, 2015
It is now. D day i went for my interview he specifically told me dat he has been asked to start checking docs. He didnt need to before.
yusufftaiwo:

The man didn't check documents today... He just like to intimidate ppl jare... It's not his job...It's the chincogerman woman dat does all dat
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 6:17am On Jul 10, 2015
Eke40seven:

Yes

Thanks @ ekeson. Secondly will the VO require the proof of relationship if ur sponsor happens to be ur uncle.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:06am On Jul 10, 2015
uchezdedon:

Thanks @ ekeson. Secondly will the VO require the proof of relationship if ur sponsor happens to be ur uncle.
The info on your sponsorship letter will bear the whole information. The only other proof you may need is to know everything about your sponsor so ur corresponds with what he provided over there.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 11:14am On Jul 10, 2015
Eke40seven:

The info on your sponsorship letter will bear the whole information. The only other proof you may need is to know everything about your sponsor so ur corresponds with what he provided over there.

Thank you so much @ ekeson.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2015
cahnellven:

If you don't have the 35k, you can make do with the student transcript if it's substantially cheaper.
Good luck.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 10, 2015
Good day all,

Anyone going for Msc Chemical and Energy Engineering program at ovgu Magdeburg ? Or know someone who's already there.
Let get in touch,
Or send me a pm.
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GoldHorse(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Eke40seven:
Oga Justwise why you hide my post plus my prayer request join??
At least you for just edit the info and leave the rest, I was just helping out in my own way so that people wouldn't have to PM and that the message could go round since that is what we encourage here...
Well, no need for all the moaning, it will all fall on deaf ears...
Abeg before una go sleep tonight or wake up in the morning make una no forget to put me for prayers. Blocked account money slow to come but God dey.....

Na so e cut away part of my post above and left the ending. People go dey wonder Wetin I dey talk as the remaining post no follow join the quote I was replying to.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GoldHorse(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Are you talking to me?

Just ignore. The post has been edited. I just commented on the insurance issue for general digestion.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
I got this whilst browsing through Edulix. It summarises the point that if you book visa with an admission that you dont want, when you get to Germany, you can enrol at the school you want even if it is in a different city:

RE: German Student Visa - 2015 Queries and Experiences
(01-20-2015 12:51 PM)spiketospica Wrote:
@[ritz90], could you possibly get some more information on this university change process? It will be very helpful for applicants.

Hi Guys,, spiketospica I came across the answer to this query from a FB grp , a person has done same and here is how:

Come to Germany with the VISA which is for another university(which u do not wanna join), now do carry this university admit letter as it will be easy to enter Germany. Now go to the university you want to join and enroll to that university, then go to city office and register.

As i understand it is not that complicated.

PS: And many people will ask for link, I am using FB mobile and cannot access FB at work place, sorry for that .

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by naijaobi(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
missZ1:
Good evening guys,

Please I need quick help with the following;

1. I do not have a biographic document for my student visa interview coming up by month end. I want to confirm if this document is compulsory

2. I have a letter from NPC that was issued last month in place of my birth certificate. Can this suffice in place of a certificate because I don't have one.

3. My money is already in my block account since last year as I couldn't make it then due to late admission . I am the one sponsoring myself please how do I answer the question on my sponsor's part as my parent income can not justify should the VO ask me to bring my parent account statement to support my claim.

Thank you

Pls assist.

1.)Oga, go with everything on the checklist. The fact that they didnt ask Mr A doesn't mean they won't ask Mrs B

2). You see this is how people fail interview. The embassy asked you to come with NPC certificate or an affidavit from the court, yet u went and got a written note from NPC..nawa for u ooo..

3)Oga, tell them your parents. Nobody will ask you to bring any account statement. Highest they will ask you is how much they earn monthly.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Thanks Ahhbiey, Eke, Neyo, and others
Another thing, will I be asked about my accommodation arrangements in Germany for the Visa interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
number13:
Thanks Ahhbiey, Eke, Neyo, and others
Another thing, will I be asked about my accommodation arrangements in Germany for the Visa interview?

U can't escape the question my dear... It's very important to dem
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 3:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
naijaobi:

1.)Oga, go with everything on the checklist. The fact that they didnt ask Mr A doesn't mean they won't ask Mrs B

2). You see this is how people fail interview. The embassy asked you to come with NPC certificate or an affidavit from the court, yet u went and got a written note from NPC..nawa for u ooo..

3)Oga, tell them your parents. Nobody will ask you to bring any account statement. Highest they will ask you is how much they earn monthly.

Am sure that the letter from NPC will cost more than age declaration from court. Plz let's always try to follow simple instruction. And don't show d VO u know better than she does.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
@Ahhbiey, Eke, Neyo, Yusuf, etc.
yusufftaiwo:

U can't escape the question my dear... It's very important to dem

I have already applied for accommodation at studentenwerk but haven't been given one yet. How would that affect my visa interview/processing. Those that have had their interviews/have been issued visas, please respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.