Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (997825 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
Fele1:

Danke! ! !

I don't know much about the city, but what I know is that anywhere you are, knowledge of German will greatly aid your hustle... And German can be learnt in UI. I'd advise you get up to A2 or B1 if possible as hustling is of priority to you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 7:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
yusufftaiwo:
cc Eke40seven
Thanks for the eye opener... Any info about koblenz because the uni have 2 campuses ,koblenz and landau with both offering different courses... Thanks again
Koblenz is of course a better place, it is held in a positive light and with good proximity to cities in North Rhine, like Cologne. However, the challenge is if the semester ticket covers there and if its even available in the school. The problem with Rhineland Pfalz is that, they don't have much clustered big cities. May be except from Mainz and its good proximity to cities in Hesse, e.g Frankfurt and Baden Württemberg.
But another question is, would your semester ticket cover those places. Cost of transportation without that card is actually a big financial burden.
Apart from one or two places which are manageable like Trier, Kaiserslautern and the other mentioned, I don't really fancy Rhineland Pfalz and Saarland, though they are in the west and the reports from my Landau and Saarbrücken friends didn't do much to endear me to them. (Talking from a hustler's point of view and not academic)
P.S. Ludwigshafen is an exception to the rules

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good day everyone. More greece to your elbows for the good info in this thread, God will continue to strengthen you guys.

Please I have questions that has been bothering me.

1. I haven't seen any school that will offer mechanical or mechatronics engineering in English come this summer.

2. My sponsor ask me to search for schools nor too far from bonn, or Cologne, Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Aachen even if the course are taught in german.

3. How difficult is german language? Nor be say person go embark on something, person nor go come out with good results because I intend to go for Msc immediately after my Bsc.

4. How long will it take me to acquire B1 here in Nigeria as most of the German course requirements requires B1 or B2.

Thanks as await reply.
oga eke40seven, obiwann, dolpaz, and others , I doff cap for una!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fele1: 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
Williamso:

I don't know much about the city, but what I know is that anywhere you are, knowledge of German will greatly aid your hustle... And German can be learnt in UI. I'd advise you get up to A2 or B1 if possible as hustling is of priority to you.
Tnx for this baba. I will make swift inquiry about UI right away. any knowledge about the sponsor thing?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=Princesam400 post=35975531]hello house, I learnt you have to submit all your original credentials on the interview day, but, what I have with me is my bsc statement of result., I haven't collected the certificate yet. I don't know if its going to be a challenge?

someone shud plz answer me

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Joysmart(f): 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=Princesam400 post=36095392][/quote]to be on the safe side you need to go with the original certificate
I didn't even know that one can get admission with the statement
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
Princesam400:
[/quote]
Its not a problem!

[quote author=isidollarboy post=36094597]Good day everyone. More greece to your elbows for the good info in this thread, God will continue to strengthen you guys.
1. I haven't seen any school that will offer mechanical or mechatronics engineering in English come this summer.
2. My sponsor ask me to search for schools nor too far from bonn, or Cologne, Düsseldorf, Dortmund, Aachen even if the course are taught in german.
3. How difficult is german language? Nor be say person go embark on something, person nor go come out with good results because I intend to go for Msc immediately after my Bsc.
4. How long will it take me to acquire B1 here in Nigeria as most of the German course requirements requires B1 or B2.
Thanks as await reply.
1&2. Courses are limited for summer and you are making it more. difficult limiting yourself to a location. Cast your net wide both course wise and location wise!

3. It can be difficult, especially when you are planning to learn in a non German speaking country but very doable. You wanna start your Bsc in German, I will advise not when you have an English option. Learn German very well for hustle and not for academics
4. B2? Nothing less than a year!
I hope you find them useful?
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
isidollarboy:
Good day everyone. More greece to your elbows for the good info in this thread, God will continue to strengthen you guys.

Thanks as await reply.

Inline with what Eke has advised,

1) I know Rhine waal, Ravensburg, and some other university which I came across offers these courses. If you already have a university degree, then you can use your 100 level transcript to apply for studies. Even people wey dey study for english never pass finish, you wan go chook ya head for german taught course.. isokay oo.. the Lord is your strength wink.

2) As for your sponsor, dont be limited to a particular region. cast and spread ur net wide. dont be drawn into learning in german cos you may not find it easy. in as much he'll be sponsoring you, you can study anywhere in germany.

3&4) Attaining B1 in Nigeria will cost you 9months of teaching/lectures, while B2 will last for 15months (may be wrong though but its definately more than a year). Since you will be applying via studienkollege (assuming you dont have your first degree) then you need to take the german class serious cos Its not that easy. you need to attain 65% in all your three test/exams to cross over to the next class. A2 is where the challenges starts but its doable.

In all, put God first.

Back to blocked account hustling

I hail all men, applicants, and visa hopeful cool

Gemeinsam sind wir starke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
uchezdedon:

that is one of d requirements for visa appointment, unless u are using a blocked account.

ok tnx bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
De29ja:
Let me know if you need any help here too. Thanks

Can you answer this?

Nathan2222:
Nathan2222:
This is specifically for those who are applying, have applied for or have done a bachelor's course and a studienkolleg, how did you get admission?

What I mean is that to get admitted into a German university, you need an abitur equivalent degree and WASSCE isn't but you can still apply.

However, (*) you need to do enroll in a studienkolleg but to do that, you have to have admission from the university & pass an entrance test given only in Germany and you can't go to Germany for a studienkolleg without a student visa and to get a student visa, you need an admission letter and ... it goes back to (*).

So was your admission letter a conditional letter stating that you have to pass the studienkolleg or what?

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
Fele1:
Tnx for this baba. I will make swift inquiry about UI right away. any knowledge about the sponsor thing?
about the german class at UI..i met with the lecturer in-charge some days ago..,he is out of the country for now(travelled to Germany) he will be back by 1st week of August.., and he said we can start the class by then......so the more we are the lesser the price.......you can pm me to get full details.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
adenjnr:
I visited the city and the university itself like a month ago, quite lovely and beautiful, its by the baltic sea, borders Wernamude which has an nude beach (lovely? grin)... It is four hours from Berlin by bus. It is not quite big but attract lots of tourist. Most company i saw there are ship building company as it is by the sea (getting a job there shouldn't be a problem).

I spent just 3days there and it was a wonderful experience in all but as they say "visiting a place isn't the same as living there". Others who know about the place or live there can contribute too.

boss weldone oh.... how germo weather iyaff devoured your posts very informative.... just like eke40seven abi say nah obiwann can't remember now i wan do interview for you

1) can you please tell us how studying there is like( group assignments? impromptu tests? how many hours of study? how to join work and study)

2) how easy was it for you to get a job and what were the skills need for you to land u a job did u have an A1 German certification

3)how's feeding there like apart from eating our African foods u dey chop leaves...... lol? found out that they have different kinds of bread

4) how's shopping like i mean like buying cloths getting gadgets at cheap prices... say okrika market dey? abi say computer village dey where thing are cheap

5) don't mind me on this question oh... how dem Internet facilities be.. like browsing what's the price range... like for home and fones

6) lastly what will you advise someone here to perfect before coming over maybe to enroll in a training and get certificate apart from German language proficiency to increase chances of getting employed.....

em how easy is it getting to neighboring countries too

danke schon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Fele1:
Hi House. Wonderful Bosses (Don't know how Royal Bossness came about o.) Well done to every guiding soul on this Thread. Obiwannn -This guy nah sontin smiley Eke40Seven - baba you are saving lives big time in terms of ur indept analysis. Chindino20, honourableseyi I hail o.

Actually after I failed to go with the winter Admission am bracing up for summer and now come up with a sch N course: Electrical Engineering and Information Technology In University of Applied Sciences/Hochschule Ravensburg- Weingarten,
I'm applying for Bsc since I have an HND in Environmental Health, would have waited for Winter next year but I just don't wish to procrastinate again.
Please I want clarification n enlightenment on that city in terms of Hustle because as I've explained to Eke40seven DA boss I will be banking on only Sponsorship letter which is of a German Friend (I want bosses to enlighten us - as I still have applicants asking me this question- how possible this can be in getting Visa with the kind of Sponsorship Letter after admission provided the sponsor certifies all conditions.
And also about this A1 that university said it will be an added advantage of 0.2 point if one can add a proof of knowledge unfortunately I'm ain't staying in Lagos. Did anyone knew where in upper southwest Ife Ibadan or Osogbo that can offer us certified A1 courses?

Danke! ! !

This may be helpful couple with the replies you have gotten from others. This is an extract of what I posted few days or weeks ago about the school.
"Dear Applicant for a place of study at the University of Applied Sciences /Hochschule Ravensburg -
Weingarten,
Thank you very much for your interest in our University. In English, in combination with German language, we offer the
Bachelor Study Program:
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology starting once a year in March. We offer 30 places.
The first 4 semesters (2 years) of the study program are taught in English.
During semesters 5 - 7 course language is German. In the first two years students attend
German courses at our university which qualify for studying the following semesters in German language.
The German courses are free of extra charge.
For applying to this Bachelor Program please use our online-application (start page of our homepage)." There will be a lot of competition because finding a school during summer semester offering ICT course in English is more than something else. Also, this school is not under uni-assist which makes it vulnerable to more applications from nearly all around the globe and with just 30 places on offer. But since you don't have to spend on sending hard copy document to Germany or certification, give it a try and starts preparing yourself for the next winter. What about IELTS/TOEFL? Have you gotten any of them?
As per the city, I don't really know much about it but this is the little I read about it. It is a city with about 50,000 population, it is in western part of Germany in the state of Baden-wuttermberg . "Ravensburg is a thriving shopping town in the wealthy region of Upper Swabia. Unemployment is relatively low. The nearest large cities are Munich, Stuttgart and Zurich, approximately a two-hour drive away each. Ulm, Konstanz and Bregenz are each less than a one hour drive away. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
Eke40seven:

Koblenz is of course a better place, it is held in a positive light and with good proximity to cities in North Rhine, like Cologne. However, the challenge is if the semester ticket covers there and if its even available in the school. The problem with Rhineland Pfalz is that, they don't have much clustered big cities. May be except from Mainz and its good proximity to cities in Hesse, e.g Frankfurt and Baden Württemberg.
But another question is, would your semester ticket cover those places. Cost of transportation without that card is actually a big financial burden.
Apart from one or two places which are manageable like Trier, Kaiserslautern and the other mentioned, I don't really fancy Rhineland Pfalz and Saarland, though they are in the west and the reports from my Landau and Saarbrücken friends didn't do much to endear me to them. (Talking from a hustler's point of view and not academic)
P.S. Ludwigshafen is an exception to the rules
Thanks alot... I'm heading to koblenz... I think landau seems terrible from my research...

These are my research for d benefits of those heading to rhine Phalz

In Koblenz it also includes a student transit pass (public transportation within Koblenz). In total, students at the campus Koblenz need to pay 142 € per semester.

In Landau the contribution is currently 91.50 € per semester (as of summer semester 2015). The semester ticket for public transport is not included.

If required, you can buy a monthly ticket offered by the two regional public transport companies, the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Neckar (VRN) and theKarlsruher Verkehrsverbund (KVV). Both companies have local offices where you can buy tickets.

The VRN offers a MAXX-ticket which is a good option for students. The KVVoffers a ticket called ScoolCard and might be a good choice.

MAXX-Ticket

The MAXX-Ticket is your affordable guaranteed mobility during training. At fair prices you have for one year almost unlimited freedoms throughout VRN area. So you can orient confidently about the city near addition, when choosing your training operation.

General Information
The MAXX-ticket is valid for one year throughout the VRN area in all buses, trams and shared traits (German Rail: RE, RB and S-Bahn in 2nd class) - in the West Palatinate with the temporal limitation from 14 clock. On public holiday days (no moving holidays) in Rhineland-Palatinate, in Baden-Württemberg or Hessen and on weekends and public holidays, the MAXX-ticket is also valid all day in the West Palatinate.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
isidollarboy:

Thanks as await reply.

The language is damn difficult. Who no go no know.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
When people analyze on this thread,how it's easy in a city to get a job and the "Many people speak and understand English" i laugh at such stupid comment and spill my favorite Banana juice.

I'll repeat again and again, Are going for BSC or MSC in englisch, learn german up to B2 and welcome yourself to paradise.

IMHO, Some comments on this thread is purely based on someone reading alot online and dumping "#crap" here angry

Cheers.
#Enjoyingmy6weeksholiday

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 12:42am On Jul 21, 2015
dolpaz:

Inline with what Eke has advised,

1) I know Rhine waal, Ravensburg, and some other university which I came across offers these courses. If you already have a university degree, then you can use your 100 level transcript to apply for studies. Even people wey dey study for english never pass finish, you wan go chook ya head for german taught course.. isokay oo.. the Lord is your strength wink.

2) As for your sponsor, dont be limited to a particular region. cast and spread ur net wide. dont be drawn into learning in german cos you may not find it easy. in as much he'll be sponsoring you, you can study anywhere in germany.

3&4) Attaining B1 in Nigeria will cost you 9months of teaching/lectures, while B2 will last for 15months (may be wrong though but its definately more than a year). Since you will be applying via studienkollege (assuming you dont have your first degree) then you need to take the german class serious cos Its not that easy. you need to attain 65% in all your three test/exams to cross over to the next class. A2 is where the challenges starts but its doable.

In all, put God first.

Back to blocked account hustling

I hail all men, applicants, and visa hopeful cool

Gemeinsam sind wir starke
Thank you brother you guys are eyes opener, thanks, now I really know that kaki is different from leather. I will continue to search for school that will offer my course in English irrespective of the location and later relay it to my sponsor.

I read some post about "statement of result". my school has not given us the original result, I only have the statement, hope this will be accepted during admission process?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 12:48am On Jul 21, 2015
Eke40seven:

Its not a problem!

1&2. Courses are limited for summer and you are making it more. difficult limiting yourself to a location. Cast your net wide both course wise and location wise!

3. It can be difficult, especially when you are planning to learn in a non German speaking country but very doable. You wanna start your Bsc in German, I will advise not when you have an English option. Learn German very well for hustle and not for academics
4. B2? Nothing less than a year!
I hope you find them useful?
Good luck!
Thanks very much . I check through anabin but couldn't find my school (institute of management and technology, enugu) hope this won't be a catalyst?
once again thanks very much.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:55am On Jul 21, 2015
styles2009:

When people analyze on this thread,how it's easy in a city to get a job and the "Many people speak and understand English" i laugh at such stupid comment and spill my favorite Banana juice.

I'll repeat again and again, Are going for BSC or MSC in englisch, learn german up to B2 and welcome yourself to paradise.

IMHO, Some comments on this thread is purely based on someone reading alot online and dumping "#crap" here angry

Cheers.
#Enjoyingmy6weeksholiday
But bros, while it will be ideal, it's almost impossible to "learn German up to B2" before going over there.
Yes, being the official language, a working level of German is necessary, but while I don't support people who paint an overly optimistic outlook on the German life, I believe you're being too pessimistic. #MyOpinion

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by djlaqua91(m): 1:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Hello house, appreciate una good work. As a prospective german msc student smiley, pls how is life in Hamburg?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 21, 2015
styles2009:

Cheers.
#Enjoyingmy6weeksholiday
And who could that be? [url][/url]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 5:20am On Jul 21, 2015
Eke40seven:

I'm sure you are preparing for summer. Firstly, you don't limit yourself to such courses which are not even very well available in Winter even talk less of summer.
Just cast your net wide, you are not applying for courses like economics and the likes that are readily available remember?
When you use DAAD, filter the search to "no tuition".
Again, don't limit yourself!
This thread dey fly @ the speed of light o!

Okay but i would have really loved to study that course cry cry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 6:14am On Jul 21, 2015
isidollarboy:
Thank you brother you guys are eyes opener, thanks, now I really know that kaki is different from leather. I will continue to search for school that will offer my course in English irrespective of the location and later relay it to my sponsor.

I read some post about "statement of result". my school has not given us the original result, I only have the statement, hope this will be accepted during admission process?

I thought u are going for B.sc./ B.Eng.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fele1: 6:55am On Jul 21, 2015
honourableseyi:

" There will be a lot of competition because finding a school during summer semester offering ICT course in English is more than something else. Also, this school is not under uni-assist which make.....But since you don't have to spend on sending hard copy document to Germany or certification, give it a try and starts preparing yourself for the next winter. What about IELTS/TOEFL? Have you gotten any of them?
As per the city, I don't really know much about it but this is the little I read about it. It is a city with about 50,000 population, it is in western part of Germany in the state of Baden-wuttermberg . "Ravensburg is a thriving shopping town in the wealthy region of Upper Swabia. Unemployment is relatively low. The nearest large cities are Munich, Stuttgart and Zurich, approximately a two-hour drive away each. Ulm, Konstanz and Bregenz are each less than a one hour drive away. Shalom
Thanks honor. But in the email the school replied me they mention that I still have to print out the hard copy of the form and send and mailed them to their address. Meanwhile I still have a school under Uni assist with Bsc International Business Management can't remember the school now though but requires A2 German proficiency as Part of the requirement.
I want to take my IELTS in Aug. But if Winter will be my best bet then between now n then I can go back to repackage, get at least A2-B1 in German Perfect my Web design course and be readily ready. I'm just afraid of my Sponsor sad lest he change his mind. sad
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fele1: 6:57am On Jul 21, 2015
aibee01:

about the german class at UI..i met with the lecturer in-charge some days ago..,he is out of the country for now(travelled to Germany) he will be back by 1st week of August.., and he said we can start the class by then......so the more we are the lesser the price.......you can pm me to get full details.
Right away bro. let's relate.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2015
Fele1:
Thanks honor. But in the email the school replied me they mention that I still have to print out the hard copy of the form and send and mailed them to their address. Meanwhile I still have a school under Uni assist with Bsc International Business Management can't remember the school now though but requires A2 German proficiency as Part of the requirement.
I want to take my IELTS in Aug. But if Winter will be my best bet then between now n then I can go back to repackage, get at least A2-B1 in German Perfect my Web design course and be readily ready. I'm just afraid of my Sponsor sad lest he change his mind. sad

That shows they have changed the system. Winter should be your best bet but you can try your luck this summer and see how it will work out
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:04am On Jul 21, 2015
isidollarboy:
Thanks very much . I check through anabin but couldn't find my school (institute of management and technology, enugu) hope this won't be a catalyst?
once again thanks very much.

Are you with ND or HND ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fele1: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2015
honourableseyi:

That shows they have changed the system. Winter should be your best bet but you can try your luck this summer and see how it will work out
Tnx boss
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by austinvsb1(m): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2015
terryo1:
@ Sekinatmi, I sent u a pm.... i'm d guy in Ulm

Bro please I urgently need to talk to you. I'd really appreciate if u could respond to ur pm quickly
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by austinvsb: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2015
terryo1:
@ Sekinatmi, I sent u a pm.... i'm d guy in Ulm

Pls respond to ur pm. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amygal01: 9:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Hello guys, please is it possible for me to go for a language course in Germany, while looking out for/applying to schools in Germany for a PHD? Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2015
Fele1:
Tnx boss

Thank God and you are welcome sire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.