Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (999119 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 11:41am On Jul 25, 2015
stoicism:
Dear all, my sponsor sent me the screen shot of his appointment for the sponsorship letter. My concern is the part of "undertaking for short-term stay". Please gurus in the house is everything alright with that since I will be applying for visa to study. Itsnt that I doubt his honesty (I have known him for years) but just need to be sure he didn't make a mistake since he's doing this for the first time.

Ask him to sign for Study purposes. embarassed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2015
styles2009:

Ask him to sign for Study purposes. embarassed

do you mean when he get to the place or he should rebook another appointment. He is already in possession of my admission letter and passport so he is pretty aware. I am just confused on why the screenshot is showing short-term. I was think he can just explain to them them when he get there on the day of appointment.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
uchezdedon:

From what am seeing in the picture u uploaded is a short term visit/business wch is not what u r asking for.
Please explain to him exactly wht u need. U can even send d sample of d letter to him so that he can go back and explain to them before 3rd aug.

he knows what I want....i will try to explain better though. Thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2015
yes.. at first it won't be easy but in time you will break the barrier to understand very well..
sternosa:
Hello all.

For those currently studying in Germany, How has it been so far?
How have you been able to handle the language barrier?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
i am already since 2013
stoicism:

ok....'ve been praying...r u in Germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by djlaqua91(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
nellyb24:
f.b nelson nellyb selekere m.sc marine geoscience unibremen

Hello bro, am also interested in applying for that course next year? Pls what did you study in your Bsc?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
3434tunde:
@crowns2 i know you are in germany already.pls my question to u is that since i just got my admission letter and still searching for a sponsorship letter,but i have gotten a blocked account. can i use the block account slip to apply for interview and then use my sponsorship letter for interview.
shocked shocked Where did you get that? I am still in Nigeria o

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
De29ja:
i am already since 2013

mhen....u don become German be that oooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2015
maybe grin but still a 9jarian tho..
stoicism:

mhen....u don become German be that oooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2015
twinkle1:

https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/content/privatkunden/konto_international-students-en.html#myaccordion_10766

Pick the first out of the Four forms if you are above 18 yrs.

That's the DB Account opening form.
thank you

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2015
twinkle1:

https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/content/privatkunden/konto_international-students-en.html#myaccordion_10766

Pick the first out of the Four forms if you are above 18 yrs.

That's the DB Account opening form.
I know I need my passport data page, admission letter and filled application form. What I don't know is, do I need to photocopy this things while going? Or the embassy just need to see it as evidence that the form contains my detail. Secondly, if am photocopying, how many copies do they need? Do the have days I need to be at the embassy and the sum to be paid. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
Galads:
I know I need my passport data page, admission letter and filled application form. What I don't know is, do I need to photocopy this things while going? Or the embassy just need to see it as evidence that the form contains my detail. Secondly, if am photocopying, how many copies do they need? Do the have days I need to be at the embassy and the sum to be paid. Thanks

Download the PDF file and follow the information you see there EXACTLY.

http://m.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/3894184/Daten/5621792/Leaflet_blocked_account.pdf

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
Yes you need to photocopy them.

2 copies each are more than enough.

Days: Monday to Wednesday (get there early if you are going to the embassy in Lagos. In Abuja the embassy is open from 8am).

The sum is 20€ which should be like N4500 or there about.

Galads:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
De29ja:
maybe grin but still a 9jarian tho..

iam sure u r already prep for post-Msc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
Rickywowoz:
please suggest the schools that can rival TUM please especially in terms of hustle
Revisit the first list of schools you gave me and pick schools in the west, south and north
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
djlaqua91:

Hello bro, am also interested in applying for that course next year? Pls what did you study in your Bsc?
B.sc geology uniport
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nellyb24(m): 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2015
Justcul:

I've added you as i couldn't find the other guy
pls try and send me a message on f.b or rada waz ur f.b name cos i got many request.oga abeg how we fit use get accomodation 4 bremen?Help ur broda.cheap accomodation oh.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2015
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 26, 2015
A Proposal of Learning german with a partner.

The idea that I may go to a land where I don't understand their language brings unfathomable worries to me.

I have gone through the dropbox list and I can classify the materials for someone that may at least understand vowels and pronouns already.

But for a newbie, it can be a little daunting. Though I am considering goethe institute, I know I do better studying alone and at my pace.

I am writing this to throw out a proposal. I am proposing for a partner that is ready to learn this language as much as I want. But there is a little condition attached.

[b]The partner should be male because I am male as well. This is to prevent any form of distraction.

The partner must have no idea about german, because we are both going to grade ourselves after every month.

We will give each other specific task to cover like videos to watch or books to read for a specific period (usually for a week).

After the task completion, we will evaluate ourselves at the end of a week, this will be done via phone call of 1-2 hours(Likely night calls). We will both ask each other questions from memory (no material) and even greet each other in german.

At the end of the third week, our conversation would be 40% german, we say things in english if we can't get or remember the german wordings. If the other person know the word, then correction is noted.

Importantly, If at the end of the month, no tangible progress. We bid each other bye.

If the first month is successful, we will send each other email everyday to improve our writing skills. The email should be without guide, purely from memory. We can also call each other anytime of the day, but it most be in german.

The partner should be aiming for B1/B2 Certification. This is to increase our seriousness more, cos an A1 aim would not get us there.

Our target should be 3 months (Usual time to grasp a language about 70% upward from research)

At the end of the second month, we will recommend novels to each other that most be finished. When we talk after the conclusion of the novel, either of us can summarize.

At the third month, we can relax with german movies (I know where to download such).. We should communicate more in this our new found love.
[/b]
Below is part of the materials we will use

* https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wvonzltnsgemqoa/AACw2cvDsA5rMXjJaFqoFntTa?dl=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZAWygYoN30 ( They are about 22 videos; but to save your data, I advice you download it using clipconverter.) I downloaded the first one and it is just 10mb for 6 minutes vid length. ---Likely start with this first

If you are really motivated and buy this idea, send me a PM. I am on the mark already just waiting for a fellow iron so we sharpen each other as we progress.

Danke!

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 5:06am On Jul 26, 2015
Bros, Know it today that no matter how brilliant you are you cannot teach yourself when it comes to learning a foreign language that is completely new to you. Even some of us that had the opportunity to attend Goethe one time or the other still find it difficult learning the language on our own. Most of our teachers at Goethe institute used to tell us back then that it is easier to learn German in Nigeria than learning it in Germany, but up till today I still believe that the statement is false. The reason is this; Our German starts at Goethe and ends in Goethe when we get home we have no one to speak with us. Even in the office we have no one to speak with us. So learning German in an English speaking environment was a challenge to me. I don't know about others. There is nothing like learning German in a German speaking environment. And again academic brilliance does not transcend German language brilliance. Some people may not be that gifted academically but may be very good in language learning. While some maybe very brilliant academically but may not be that good when it comes to language learning. My own conclusion on this issue if for you to attend Goethe institute or any other private language school if you still have the time. Self study can never be the same as leaning the language from those who knows how to write and speak the language.

leadzeal:
A Proposal of Learning german with a partner.

The idea that I may go to a land where I don't understand their language brings unfathomable worries to me.

I have gone through the dropbox list and I can classify the materials for someone that may at least understand vowels and pronouns already.

But for a newbie, it can be a little daunting. Though I am considering goethe institute, I know I do better studying alone and at my pace.

I am writing this to throw out a proposal. I am proposing for a partner that is ready to learn this language as much as I want. But there is a little condition attached.

[b]The partner should be male because I am male as well. This is to prevent any form of distraction.

The partner must have no idea about german, because we are both going to grade ourselves after every month.

We will give each other specific task to cover like videos to watch or books to read for a specific period (usually for a week).

After the task completion, we will evaluate ourselves at the end of a week, this will be done via phone call of 1-2 hours(Likely night calls). We will both ask each other questions from memory (no material) and even greet each other in german.

At the end of the third week, our conversation would be 40% german, we say things in english if we can't get or remember the german wordings. If the other person know the word, then correction is noted.

Importantly, If at the end of the month, no tangible progress. We bid each other bye.

If the first month is successful, we will send each other email everyday to improve our writing skills. The email should be without guide, purely from memory. We can also call each other anytime of the day, but it most be in german.

The partner should be aiming for B1/B2 Certification. This is to increase our seriousness more, cos an A1 aim would not get us there.

Our target should be 3 months (Usual time to grasp a language about 70% upward from research)

At the end of the second month, we will recommend novels to each other that most be finished. When we talk after the conclusion of the novel, either of us can summarize.

At the third month, we can relax with german movies (I know where to download such).. We should communicate more in this our new found love.
[/b]
Below is part of the materials we will use

* https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wvonzltnsgemqoa/AACw2cvDsA5rMXjJaFqoFntTa?dl=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZAWygYoN30 ( They are about 22 videos; but to save your data, I advice you download it using clipconverter.) I downloaded the first one and it is just 10mb for 6 minutes vid length. ---Likely start with this first

If you are really motivated and buy this idea, send me a PM. I am on the mark already just waiting for a fellow iron so we sharpen each other as we progress.

Danke!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ajala20: 5:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Pls I need Ur help brothers. I requested for letter of English proficiency from my school and it was addressed to a particular school in Germany the particular one my transcript was addressed to but I want to send d letter to other schools too pls is that possible? And how do I go about it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 26, 2015
victz:
Bros, Know it today that no matter how brilliant you are you cannot teach yourself when it comes to learning a foreign language that is completely new to you. Even some of us that had the opportunity to attend Goethe one time or the other still find it difficult learning the language on our own. Most of our teachers at Goethe institute used to tell us back then that it is easier to learn German in Nigeria than learning it in Germany, but up till today I still believe that the statement is false. The reason is this; Our German starts at Goethe and ends in Goethe when we get home we have no one to speak with us. Even in the office we have no one to speak with us. So learning German in an English speaking environment was a challenge to me. I don't know about others. There is nothing like learning German in a German speaking environment. And again academic brilliance does not transcend German language brilliance. Some people may not be that gifted academically but may be very good in language learning. While some maybe very brilliant academically but may not be that good when it comes to language learning. My own conclusion on this issue if for you to attend Goethe institute or any other private language school if you still have the time. Self study can never be the same as leaning the language from those who knows how to write and speak the language.

I totally disagree with you.. With all the learning aids online especially Youtube, someone who is dedicated can do it. People learn languages by simply living with the people, how much more when you dedicate ample time to it. Don't discourage the guy.
His idea is good. It sounds very practical. Infact that is the method am using and am making small progress.(I dont have a partner tho) It has nothing to do with being brilliant or not.
The only reason why I will advice Leadzealto go for the institute is
1) if he wants/needs the certificate
2) If he finds it hard creating time to study
3) If he doesn't have constant internet connection to be able access the materials online
4) if he finds it difficult studying on his own.

Also If you go to playstore you can download a lot of apps that give step by step guide to learning german. Some are developed by goethe institute.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:59am On Jul 26, 2015
Bros people are learning and can learn languages on their own or with very little support. I am a near native speaker of a language I learnt almost totally on my own. Just saying..
victz:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ajala20: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2015
Pls anybody who has a useful information should help and answer my question pls.. Time is running out.. Ur response Is really needed and urgently
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2015
victz:

I appreciate your feedback and concerns. But this your word "Know it today" is quite strong. You are using your learning pace and individuality to gauge others progress.

People do it, Friend.

That is why I have a "after one monthe" assessment to access the progress.

smiley

Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2015
Ceeesaw:

I totally disagree with you.. With all the learning aids online especially Youtube, someone who is dedicated can do it. People learn languages by simply living with the people, how much more when you dedicate ample time to it. Don't discourage the guy.
His idea is good. It sounds very practical. Infact that is the method am using and am making small progress.(I dont have a partner tho) It has nothing to do with being brilliant or not.
3) If he doesn't have constant internet connection to be able access the materials online

Also If you go to playstore you can download a lot of apps that give step by step guide to learning german. Some are developed by goethe institute.

For your reasons, I have every component intact for now and even more.

I will write certification with goethe when I am certain. It is stated on their site.

Yes, It is possible smiley

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 26, 2015
stoicism:
Bros people are learning and can learn languages on their own or with very little support. I am a near native speaker of a language I learnt almost totally on my own. Just saying..

A nice ginger tool. Thanks for sharing.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by princetigris(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2015
ajala20:
Pls anybody who has a useful information should help and answer my question pls.. Time is running out.. Ur response Is really needed and urgently
cover the address of the german university on the letter with paper and scan..... Convert to PDF before printing it in coloured form.... Then certify in Fed high-court.......

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 9:29am On Jul 26, 2015
Well, if what you are saying is true it means that attending a language school is useless. What is the need of attending a language school when you can learn it on your own? Someone just said that he has attained the level of a near native speaker by self study i.e without attending a language school. Wow! That person must be a genius, Keep it up. Perhaps the German government made a mistake by establishing Goethe institute in Nigeria. I have a friend who tried his best leaning the language on his own but at last he ended up at Goethe. Please, am not tying to discourage anyone. The comments I made was based on my own personal experience.

Thank You.

Ceeesaw:

I totally disagree with you.. With all the learning aids online especially Youtube,
someone who is dedicated can do it. People learn languages by simply living with the people, how much more when you dedicate ample time to it. Don't discourage the guy.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 26, 2015
victz:
Well, if what you are saying is true it means that attending a language school is useless. What is the need of attending a language school when you can learn it on your own? Someone just said that he has attained the level of a near native speaker by self study i.e without attending a language school. Wow! That person must be a genius, Keep it up. Perhaps the German government made a mistake by establishing Goethe institute in Nigeria. I have a friend who tried his best leaning the language on his own but at last he ended up at Goethe. Please, am not tying to discourage anyone. The comments I made was based on my own personal experience.

Thank You.

My dear.. schools are not useless.. they are there to provide guide lines and certify your study.. Almost anything can be learnt by self study depending the individual involved.

You used your self experience to draw a wrong conclusion. People are and are still learning languages on their own..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2015
ajala20:
Pls I need Ur help brothers. I requested for letter of English proficiency from my school and it was addressed to a particular school in Germany the particular one my transcript was addressed to but I want to send d letter to other schools too pls is that possible? And how do I go about it?

Just follow the same processes that you did. Go back to the school and tell them to want to address to other schools.. It's a matter of them just changing the addresses that it Is ALL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.