Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (999310 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
kilo4sure:

Nope I never said application is still on till august, what I meant was that some schools may still send their admission letter even by august. Alles Gute.

e.g University of Alen, University of Duisburg Essen
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
adeboye1000:

You can request for English language proficiency at records office,Senate house 1st floor.You need to approach right person dere,or else,u will be told to go and apply online which might take a long tym.What you only need to do is to pay d required amount(2500) into transcript account no which could b obtained at access bank branch,unilag and take d teller to d records office.Inform dem not to adres it to any schl("TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN"wink so dat u will b able to use it for many schls.With persistence, you should get it within a week.

Going to that senate house is one hell of a process. Let him just go to his department and request for it.
@tariy, I once posted what the one issued at my department looked like in part one of this thread in fact, relaying how I did mine also.

I doubt Unilag will accept issuing the letter. "to whom it may concern". You know them like money. I told the secretary at my department to use uni assist since they are a neutral body and then certified as many as possible. That's same one is what I have been using since last year.
Or just simply go to the ministry of education and get one without probs. And for your transcript, the name of the school should only appear on the cover letter. its actually not relevant in this case. yank the damn sheet off and exchange it for a ball of akara or you would be implicating yourself. Did you read what's addressed on it?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
owuzo:
hello Nlanders, has anyone applied to University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten before, please share tips and experience

Ask futurewiser I think he knows more about the school. Did u gain admission there?.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ethical: 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2015
number13:

Bros, well done. Nothing concrete o. What of you?

Nothing yet. I'm still searching.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
victz:
Bros, Know it today that no matter how brilliant you are you cannot teach yourself when it comes to learning a foreign language that is completely new to you. Even some of us that had the opportunity to attend Goethe one time or the other still find it difficult learning the language on our own. Most of our teachers at Goethe institute used to tell us back then that it is easier to learn German in Nigeria than learning it in Germany, but up till today I still believe that the statement is false. The reason is this; Our German starts at Goethe and ends in Goethe when we get home we have no one to speak with us. Even in the office we have no one to speak with us. So learning German in an English speaking environment was a challenge to me. I don't know about others. There is nothing like learning German in a German speaking environment. And again academic brilliance does not transcend German language brilliance. Some people may not be that gifted academically but may be very good in language learning. While some maybe very brilliant academically but may not be that good when it comes to language learning. My own conclusion on this issue if for you to attend Goethe institute or any other private language school if you still have the time. Self study can never be the same as leaning the language from those who knows how to write and speak the language.

I CONCURR. i am in Germany so it is true that learning German is easier in naija than here
WHY: Bcause in Naija you are taught with English. e.g They will tell you Orangen shaft means orange juice. But here they tell you orangen shaft and does not tell you what it means in English so you get lost. Why? There are different people with different laguages learning it in same class with you. e.g french speakers, spanish. brazil, italian etc.
other reason? Your german teacher here does not speak English.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2015
Please can someone answer this question.

Coming from the mainland (ojullegba, yaba), how can one get to the goethe center

I know the first bus is CMS and ......

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ajala20: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2015
Answered
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 8:41am On Jul 27, 2015
Futurewiser:

I CONCURR. i am in Germany so it is true that learning German is easier in naija than here
WHY: Bcause in Naija you are taught with English. e.g They will tell you Orangen shaft means orange juice. But here they tell you orangen shaft and does not tell you what it means in English so you get lost. Why? There are different people with different laguages learning it in same class with you. e.g french speakers, spanish. brazil, italian etc.
other reason? Your german teacher here does not speak English.

wooow
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ajala20: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2015
Thank you very much for Ur answers I think ill just scan and edit it out because requesting for another might take much more time.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
Don't be dismayed. It's not as hard as it is been pictured..Learning the Language here in Germany is easier oder leichter anders gesagt Believe me Although it's more expensive compared to Goethe in Lagos or any other Language school in Nigeria..
stoicism:

wooow

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2015
Take a BRT that will drop you at TBS then from there you ask people of CITY HALL there is where Goethe is. Or Take a bus to CMS then ask around at CMS for KEKE NAPPEP going to CITY HALL.. but i'll suggest you take a BUS or BRT to TBS because it's more easier that way.. No Forget CITY HALL them fit carry you go CITY MALL so shine your eyes and ask question like jjc

BItte schön

leadzeal:

Coming from the mainland (ojullegba, yaba), how can one get to the goethe center

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
De29ja:
Don't be dismayed. It's not as hard as it is been pictured..Learning the Language here in Germany is easier oder leichter anders gesagt Believe me Although it's more expensive compared to Goethe in Lagos or any other Language school in Nigeria..

gimme an estimate pls. How much would it cost to learn german from let's say beginners level to level A1 at any of the goethe instituts in germany

MODIFIED: http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/ort/ham/kur/enindex.htm
E COST GAAN!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
Alhamdulilah............
interview done but not yet dusted because i (we) have to go back tomorrow for the capturing of our biometrics as their network was down.

It was only us (4) for student visa that was interviewed.
I was interviewed by the young Nigerian Lady and the only added question apart from the normal questions we all familiar with was the party which the president and chancellor of Germany belongs to and the date they assume office.

After my interview i asked her about the issue of changing your means of sustenance from blocked account to sponsorship after been interviewed and she replied that its not possible as the application will have been processed under the condition of a blocked account.
(so anybody trying to do that should mail the embassy before hand because i believed there might be exemption).

lastly, jokingly i asked her Ma can i book for my flight ticket...,she replied that i should just hold on though she understands its cheaper to book ahead.....but i should just please hold on...

conclusion..: if you are on nairaland you can't flop this interview...
@pompido (my oga) nice meeting you today....
@Efe.....the ghost follower by His grace you will soon be unghost by the success of your Visa application...

Godwin's He always does #Teamkiel #Teamwinter

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2015
author post
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2015
Goethe institute is at Catholic mission street. You can easily locate Goethe institute from CMS. Just board Keke-Napep from Broad street and tell them that you are going to Lagos City Hall opposite Holy Cross Cathedral. Goethe is located inside the City hall, Last floor.

leadzeal:

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
Thanks at least someone who knows better has came to address the issue. Please, is it possible to attain the level of a near native speaker through self study? i.e without attending a language school here in Nigeria.

De29ja:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
De29ja:
Take a BRT that will drop you at TBS then from there you ask people of CITY HALL there is where Goethe is. Or Take a bus to CMS then ask around at CMS for KEKE NAPPEP going to CITY HALL.. but i'll suggest you take a BUS or BRT to TBS because it's more easier that way.. No Forget CITY HALL them fit carry you go CITY MALL so shine your eyes and ask question like jjc

BItte schön

Thnks alot. I really appreciate it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
victz:
Goethe institute is at Catholic mission street. You can easily locate Goethe institute from CMS. Just board Keke-Napep from Broad street and tell them that you are going to Lagos City Hall opposite Holy Cross Cathedral. Goethe is located inside the City hall, Last floor.

Thanks alot..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
Apart from using form A, can one use his dorm account. Cos I read through and I realize for Form A, banks require NYSC cert. Mine was gutted by fire years back and I'm still yet ready to replace it (Abuja is saying no replacement, just a letter that I serve).

And is there any other case of german visa, where NYSC is required.

Just asking just in case.

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
To Attain such level depends on your IQ but i would say it may not be possible (if possible it would take time and bros no time to waste) Why because 1: Environment you learn a language matters 2: Level at which you use the German you learn in Nigeria(not everyday) 3: You are learning to Pass Goethe Zertifikat Deutsch but here it's not like that because you need it for your everyday activities (it's not every German that speaks English)... Upon the Fact that i learnt German at Goethe reach B2 when i came, the one they were speaking here was kinda strange!! not that i didn't / couldn't understand but because they spake fast enough for me not to construct every sentence in my head plus the Winter was not helping matters grin... SO BROS E NO POSSIBLE..
victz:
Thanks at least someone who knows better has came to address the issue. Please, is it possible to attain the level of a near native speaker through self study? i.e without attending a language school here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2015
De29ja:
Thanks bro!Buh is it true dat the German teacher would not teach you with English? If he would not,how best can one cope in such a situation?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 2:07pm On Jul 27, 2015
De29ja; Thanks so much for the clarification from someone who has seen it all. At least you've been able to clear the air. Let those who think that by self study they can speak better than Angela Merkel continue dreaming.

De29ja:
To Attain such level depends on your IQ but i would say it may not be possible (if possible it would take time and bros no time to waste) Why because 1: Environment you learn a language matters 2: Level at which you use the German you learn in Nigeria(not everyday) 3: You are learning to Pass Goethe Zertifikat Deutsch but here it's not like that because you need it for your everyday activities (it's not every German that speaks English)... Upon the Fact that i learnt German at Goethe reach B2 when i came, the one they were speaking here was kinda strange!! not that i didn't / couldn't understand but because they spake fast enough for me not to construct every sentence in my head plus the Winter was not helping matters grin... SO BROS E NO POSSIBLE..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
leadzeal:
Apart from using form A, can one use his dorm account. Cos I read through and I realize for Form A, banks require NYSC cert. Mine was gutted by fire years back and I'm still yet ready to replace it (Abuja is saying no replacement, just a letter that I serve).

And is there any other case of german visa, where NYSC is required.

Just asking just in case.

Danke!

Yes you can use Dorm Account.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
twinkle1:

Yes you can use Dorm Account.

Thnks..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2015
aibee01:
Alhamdulilah............
interview done but not yet dusted because i (we) have to go back tomorrow for the capturing of our biometrics as their network was down.

It was only us (4) for student visa that was interviewed.
I was interviewed by the young Nigerian Lady and the only added question apart from the normal questions we all familiar with was the party which the president and chancellor of Germany belongs to and the date they assume office.

After my interview i asked her about the issue of changing your means of sustenance from blocked account to sponsorship after been interviewed and she replied that its not possible as the application will have been processed under the condition of a blocked account.
(so anybody trying to do that should mail the embassy before hand because i believed there might be exemption).

lastly, jokingly i asked her Ma can i book for my flight ticket...,she replied that i should just hold on though she understands its cheaper to book ahead.....but i should just please hold on...

conclusion..: if you are on nairaland you can't flop this interview...
@pompido (my oga) nice meeting you today....
@Efe.....the ghost follower by His grace you will soon be unghost by the success of your Visa application...

Godwin's He always does #Teamkiel #Teamwinter

Congrats dear, I know ur testimoney will soon manifest.
I want to know if all the four students are all going for masters / B.sc?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
Bros truth be told. Nah if you get money you go come Germany dey attend Goethe because their money cost like die... check here.. http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/spr/en11263438.htm... best bet is for you to check for a Language school in the city you are going to stay...
Obiwannn:

gimme an estimate pls. How much would it cost to learn german from let's say beginners level to level A1 at any of the goethe instituts in germany

MODIFIED: http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/ort/ham/kur/enindex.htm
E COST GAAN!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2015
Thanks.. we had such a situation in where i learnt my German here in Deutschland. There was one guy from Guinea who didn't quite understand what the teacher was saying so she (the teacher) asked me to explain to him seeing that we are both from Africa, but i couldn't because the guy only understands French (i don forget the one i learn for primary school) but there was a classmate of ours who understood French and explained it to him... in the case of English you will be helped. Most German Teacher can speak English at least it's to their own advantage..No you won't be taught in English but might receive an explanation in English only when necessary but you will be basically taught in German.
adeboye1000:

Thanks bro!Buh is it true dat the German teacher would not teach you with English? If he would not,how best can one cope in such a situation?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
De29ja:
Bros truth be told. Nah if you get money you go come Germany dey attend Goethe because their money cost like die... check here.. http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/spr/en11263438.htm... best bet is for you to check for a Language school in the city you are going to stay...
THANKS.. U get idea of how much the language schools dey charge?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by isidollarboy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
I great you all @myogas in the house.

Please, I want to go register for german language study at goethe institute maybe tomorrow or next. pls I have 1 question about the certificate, can i still use it to apply for next winter admission if peradventure my summer admission didn't work out because am still yet to find a school that will offer my course in English (mechanical engineering).

@De29ja I see u. God bless.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
Bros if you wan study Mech Engr for here nah for German most schools dey offer am and as i hear e no dey easy like that (that one no mean say man no go pass am).. If and only If you have a german Certificate already say B1 or B2 pm me i will assist you with the application, If not i will advice you do the German Course....Do the Language reach B1, (B2 good but not Necessary). You wanna do MSc or BSc??
isidollarboy:
I great you all @myogas in the house.

Please, I want to go register for german language study at goethe institute maybe tomorrow or next. pls I have 1 question about the certificate, can i still use it to apply for next winter admission if peradventure my summer admission didn't work out because am still yet to find a school that will offer my course in English (mechanical engineering).

@De29ja I see u. God bless.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by De29ja(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2015
Like i bin talk e depend on the City wey you wan go(go stay). Tell me one (i mean one City wey you go like stay) and i will give you details: cool::
Obiwannn:
THANKS.. U get idea of how much the language schools dey charge?

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.