Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996960 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2015
Infact this thing came to my mind this morning but I have not been able to post it here. This is a suggestion that is debatable and subject to constructive argument. I suggest henceforth, that, people that have done their interview should stop posting answers together with their interview questions/ transcripts on the thread. What I mean is that, just post the questions and allow individual to supply answers in their own ways. Questions like, why Germany? what do you about Germany and why this course? These are questions requesting different answers individually. But the fact remains that some can come into the thread, copy the answer verbatim and turn it to "la cram lapour". If 3 and above prospective students did the same by giving the same answer on the same questions, couple with this issue of collecting/seizure of an already prepared answers to questions she asked or wanted to ask, they may come up with other cumbersome policy that may not be favourable for us or atleast the first set of people they will start this policy with. Yes, this might be nonsense, but I believe there is always sense in every nonsense. Congratulations to all that has received the long awaited mails, go there and do exploits.. Obiwann my Sambisa fiance, I sight you, Eke and Dolpaz it is your turn to give testimonies. Gott segne dich

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
sonyville:
pls house .....i don't want this to sound like I'm being lazy ...... I m preparing a statement of purpose (SOP) for my Application (MSC system engineering and management) , anyone or Engineer in d house to help me with sample plssssss.......

Also house , the school I want to apply to didn't include statement of motivation in their required documents. Is it necessary writing one ?

Finally , my school charges 15k for students transcript . I hope with one , I can make photocopies and send to the different schools ?

If the school doesn't request for it then don't send it. For example the Biomedical Engineering program at Luebeck doesnt ask for it and they have strictly mentioned that submitting one wouldn't improve your chances.

As for the student transcript, yeah it is sufficient if you submit certified copies to the schools that you are applying to. The schools don't ask for original transcripts or certificates except during enrolment which is when you have traveled over to Germany. Just go to a high court or visit the embassy to certify.

All the best

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
iyke20024:

So you or your friends interview was not completed or was it?
We're you given any slip. ? Did you already funded?
his interview wasn't completed according to the story he told me he wasn't given any slip and he's yet to fund his account
PLS HE REALLY NEEDS ADVICE ASAP
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
scofield03:
LET SoMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUYAH.......(in Daddy Adeboye's Voice)

Come join me celebrate victory as the long awaited Bridegroom' just arrive...

Congrats.. enjoy

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
sonyville:
pls house .....i don't want this to sound like I'm being lazy ...... I m preparing a statement of purpose (SOP) for my Application (MSC system engineering and management) , anyone or Engineer in d house to help me with sample plssssss.......

Also house , the school I want to apply to didn't include statement of motivation in their required documents. Is it necessary writing one ?

Finally , my school charges 15k for students transcript . I hope with one , I can make photocopies and send to the different schools ?

Sure thing.. Just make photocopies and certify them,you're good to go.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
scofield03:
LET SoMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUYAH.......(in Daddy Adeboye's Voice)

Come join me celebrate victory as the long awaited Bridegroom' just arrive... I have been asked to come with 3 month travel insurance and my passport. Words can not describe how I feel right now...I am soooooo happppyyyy! I just got my db credit alert on Monday (24/08), interview July 8th..

Thanks to everyone especially my #Teambremen @nellyb24, Kingsleymike, ogompaul, my boss Justcul. lmuhopeful, Williamso, obiwann. .. oga pata pata eke40seven and everyone reading this post. I love this family (forum) so much, its full of intellectuals.

I pray those that are still expecting will come out positive. Now I declare visa open for bremenite in the name of the Father, Son and..... GODWIN

Congratulations chairman

Which bank did you finally use for the blocked account payment?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
zeeblamj:

That didn't look much like a drama. Just us giving advise and stating our opinions
Please ma, I sent you a PM kindly respond.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
lmuhopeful:

If the school doesn't request for it then don't send it. For example the Biomedical Engineering program at Luebeck doesnt ask for it and they have strictly mentioned that submitting one wouldn't improve your chances.
As for the student transcript, yeah it is sufficient if you submit certified copies to the schools that you are applying to. The schools don't ask for original transcripts or certificates except during enrolment which is when you have traveled over to Germany. Just go to a high court or visit the embassy to certify.
All the best

thanks bro ....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
Princesam400:
Did my interview yesterday to the glory of God....I want to appreciate my ogas in d Ause..@obiwann, @twinkle1, @yusufftaiwo and my oda ogas....I also want to congratulate those dat av collected their visa...I claim d testimony for myself and odas on d waiting list, we shall laugh @d end ijn...

Sam my namesake how was your interview yesterday? ......
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
honourableseyi:
Infact this thing came to my mind this morning but I have not been able to post it here. This is a suggestion that is debatable and subject to constructive argument. I suggest henceforth, that, people that have done their interview should stop posting answers together with their interview questions/ transcripts on the thread. What I mean is that, just post the questions and allow individual to supply answers in their own ways. Questions like, why Germany? what do you about Germany and why this course? These are questions requesting different answers individually. But the fact remains that some can come into the thread, copy the answer verbatim and turn it to "la cram lapour". If 3 and above prospective students did the same by giving the same answer on the same questions, couple with this issue of collecting/seizure of an already prepared answers to questions she asked or wanted to ask, they may come up with other cumbersome policy that may not be favourable for us or atleast the first set of people they will start this policy with. Yes, this might be nonsense, but I believe there is always sense in every nonsense. Congratulations to all that has received the long awaited mails, go there and do exploits.. Obiwann my Sambisa fiance, I sight you, Eke and Dolpaz it is your turn to give testimonies. Gott segne dich

HonourableSeyi, you get mouth. Excellent idea. He who needs already made answers should make the answers himself.
How your package dey be naaaaaa?

You just dey on bad silent mode.....
When we go hear your testimony?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Princesam400:
D guy dat did his interview after me has this to say...he's seeking d candid advise of d house...
It was nt really the jottin she saw that made her Upset Oooo...
I wrote the searches I made about Germany on a full page then on the next page I wrote down all the course work
U knw I read thru it when we were sittin down
So when I was tru I placed it inside my file see saw it tru my file cos the file was transparent
she just collected it and attached it to my file and we continued with d interview
It was when I was trying to explain to her that I had service in between 2010 and 2012 and I graduated in 2010 and when I started working
She got upset and asked me to go home..
pls what should he do?

Nawa oooooo..... what a situation..... my guy just advice ur friend to remain calm .. eeee don happen already ..... so let him pack and watch ...... writing to them now won't change anything....until they decide , den he will know what next to do ....... This is a lesson for all

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hi guys. Sorry it has been quite a busy day. A guy from Nairaland was with me and we had studied a bit deutsch together.

About the Family reunion thing, there are two types. Family reunion for spouse(without kids) and just married, and one for the spouse and children.
While living and working legally in Germany , ur spouse and children normal have the right to a residence permit in Germany. On rare occasions, such as pregnancy or small children u can also apply for a permit while already I Germany (on a tourist visa) .
If the spouse was ever in Germany or any schengen state it makes it even easier to get the visa.
With regards to the application u might have seen the things u need online. With the said documents, u would have to go to Lagos for an interview . This interview is short and really sometimes doesn't matter if u fail( it's ur right to get the visa) if denied u can even get a lawyer depending on what reasons u were given.
The spouse in Germany has to have enough living space if u are moving with children and a good job. The interviewer might ask u little questions about your relationship though.
1. When did u meet ur spouse?
2: when and where did u have ur first date?
3: how much does he/she give u for ur upkeep?
4: how long was the courtship before the marriage?
5: is this an arranged marriage?
6: do u speak German?
7: a small oral test will be done by him or her just to be sure that u have atleast a1 in German.
8: what city are u moving to?
8: when was ur spouse born?
Sometimes they ask some irrelevant questions depending on how u reply to previous questions.
After submitting All original documents of all documents including primary school cert as well as immunization card, they might still ask for a letter from the hospital u were born stating that ur birth certificate is authentic.
Within 2-3 months later a lawyer is sent by the German consulate to inquire about u with regards to the documents u have presented. He/she might come to your house and also that of the witnesses to the marriage, previous schools attended and hospital u were born. After this is over, the reports and advise of the lawyer is submitted to the embassy. The embassy then sends all these info to the aliens authority and marriage registry in ur intended city. They normally should be a notification that ur verification is complete if not, contact the embassy and find out.
The spouse in Germany should then contact the aliens office in ur city to find out the official handling ur case. This person should be bothered otherwise u might even wait a year for ur files to be opened. Both the spouse in Germany and the partner in Nigeria should have the mail of the person in charge.
The office of ur aliens office will contact ur spouse to come for an interview with them. He/ she will be asked questions which u were asked. They should correspond otherwise they might think it is a scam and then it takes even longer. After this is done, in a few weeks u should get a mail from the embassy that ur visa is approved. It's a three months visa. When u arrive in Germany u must book an appointment with the aliens office and go there to register that u are now in the city. U will need a letter from ur landlord stating that it is ok for the family to live at his house and bla bla bla. U can mail the landlord about it before hand. U will then apply for the residence permit which u will get in a few weeks after ur arrival. I hope this helps. It's quite a long process and it's hard to explain. Email me though if u need more info. Regarding anything.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
If the applicant has had a work permit from Germany in the past it shouldn't even take 2 months to get ur visa because ur documents are already verified. Every is treated differently. A naturalized Nigerian who lives in Germany, and resident, or a German. It all depends . Just ask ur specific questions. I will be glad to answer them. Good luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
sonyville:

Sam my namesake how was your interview yesterday? ......
Twas fine my broda
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
sonyville:

With regards to your first request, though you might have Engineers in the house, our fields vary, and as such you will find it very difficult to adapt one field to the other. Visit www.studential.com/personal-statement-examples/engineering-personal-statements and read as many SOPs as you can, then adapt to your case. Do refrain from copying verbatim.

Secondly, though it might seem like a lot of work, I will advise you to include the statement of motivation / personal statement, even if you're not asked. Write it, and write a good one. To me, an application doesn't seem complete without this document. Most times, it just might be your saving grace eventually.

Someone already answered your last question. Make copies of the one copy you have, and certify at the appropriate place (high court / embassy).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Princesam400:

his interview wasn't completed according to the story he told me
he wasn't given any slip and he's yet to fund his account

Then you were not refused. If you don't get the slip your application was simply not accepted.

So. Try to book another appointment immediately. when is your enrollment date?.

If you don't get enough time or an appointment that is suitable ask your university for enrollment extension if possible.

If not possible. See if you can extend admission to summer 2016 or winter
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 5:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
iyke20024:

Then you were not refused. If you don't get the slip your application was simply not accepted.

So. Try to book another appointment immediately. when is your enrollment date?.

If you don't get enough time or an appointment that is suitable ask your university for enrollment extension if possible.

If not possible. See if you can extend admission to summer 2016 or winter

Are u asking him to book anoda appointment? his original documents are with dem but his passport was given back to him...he said his school is resuming Oct. 3
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by scofield03: 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
cahnellven:

Congratulations chairman

Which bank did you finally use for the blocked account payment?

thanks man, I used fidelity, I did the transaction last week Tuesday, debitted on Thursday and db credit alert on Monday this week. Thursday, today Visa
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
scofield03:

thanks man, I used fidelity, I did the transaction last week Tuesday, debitted on Thursday and db credit alert on Monday this week. Thursday, today Visa

OK wow..... That's cool
Congratulations once again

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2015
Princesam400:

Are u asking him to book anoda appointment? his original documents are with dem but his passport was given back to him...he said his school is resuming Oct. 3

He is probably not telling everything that happened. So they held on to his original n did not give him a receipt for visa fee. His passport was stamped I guess.

The vo might already concluded interview with him. I fear it's not well

Sorry don't know what he can do now but to wait.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Princesam400:
D guy dat did his interview after me has this to say...he's seeking d candid advise of d house...

It was nt really the jottin she saw that made her Upset Oooo...
I wrote the searches I made about Germany on a full page then on the next page I wrote down all the course work
U knw I read thru it when we were sittin down
So when I was tru I placed it inside my file see saw it tru my file cos the file was transparent
she just collected it and attached it to my file and we continued with d interview
It was when I was trying to explain to her that I had service in between 2010 and 2012 and I graduated in 2010 and when I started working
She got upset and asked me to go home..

pls what should he do?
Well he shouldnt sit and do nothing.. He might have upset the VO by some of his actions, but he needs to know the way forward.
From your replies to others, I deduced that the embassy still has his original documents and he also wasnt given the slip.
The slip is actually the receipt of payment for the visa processing. So does that mean he didnt get the opportunity to pay? Or he payed and didnt get the receipt?.
Another question is, did he get the stamp on his passport ?
I think we need a clearer picture of what actually transpired..

All in all.. He should call the Embassy and know his exact situation.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
obs3rver:

With regards to your first request, though you might have Engineers in the house, our fields vary, and as such you will find it very difficult to adapt one field to the other. Visit www.studential.com/personal-statement-examples/engineering-personal-statements and read as many SOPs as you can, then adapt to your case. Do refrain from copying verbatim.
Secondly, though it might seem like a lot of work, I will advise you to include the statement of motivation / personal statement, even if you're not asked. Write it, and write a good one. To me, an application doesn't seem complete without this document. Most times, it just might be your saving grace eventually.
Someone already answered your last question. Make copies of the one copy you have, and certify at the appropriate place (high court / embassy).

Thanks bosss..... trust me I won't copy anyone's work ... I will do as u said ....... how ur matter ? teamwinter2015, abi u dey our Bus ( teamsummer2016) ?

Gracia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
sonyville:

Thanks bosss..... trust me I won't copy anyone's work ... I will do as u said ....... how ur matter ? teamwinter2015, abi u dey our Bus ( teamsummer2016) ?
Gracia

He couldn't have left his originals at the embassy, what kinda mature individual goes to an embassy and leaves his originals because he was asked to leave. if he was asked to leave, he still has the right to ask for his originals. I was asked to leave once. I still went and asked for my documents which I had left inside and I was given because it is my property visa or no visa, and I was given another appointment. I think we all should be mature even though this visa means allot to us.
I think what he should do is to go back to the embassy and ask for his document, no body will crucify him for that. It is my opinion, I could be wrong

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
Obiwannn:

HonourableSeyi, you get mouth. Excellent idea. He who needs already made answers should make the answers himself.
How your package dey be naaaaaa?

You just dey on bad silent mode.....
When we go hear your testimony?

Baba na jejely I dey for my side oooo. My package is on point and my testimony is coming ASAP. It is going to be around October though, but I know it will end in praise. Danke Bruder

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ceeesaw:

Well he shouldnt sit and do nothing.. He might have upset the VO by some of his actions, but he needs to know the way forward.
From your replies to others, I deduced that the embassy still has his original documents and he also wasnt given the slip.
The slip is actually the receipt of payment for the visa processing. So does that mean he didnt get the opportunity to pay? Or he payed and didnt get the receipt?.
Another question is, did he get the stamp on his passport ?
I think we need a clearer picture of what actually transpired..

All in all.. He should call the Embassy and know his exact situation.

he payed and collected the slip from the VO before his interview
he also got d stamp too
it was when d VO was asking him d questions she noticed d paper in his transparent file.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
Princesam400:

he also got d stamp too
it was when d VO was asking him d questions she noticed d paper in his transparent file.

Guy better tell your friend to un-ghost, come here and say all that happened exactly it happened so that one can understand the full situation and give the best advice, else he won't be taken seriously. All I am reading here are answers based on speculations.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
Princesam400:

he also got d stamp too
Ok then that means his application has been accepted and will be processed based on the information on ground (documents & interview).
No need contacting the embassy. He should just wait for the visa decision. His chances may look very slim ( he made a negative impression on the VO) but he should just keep hope alive. Events may take a different turn.

Also did he get the ' fund your account ' email?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Princesam400(m): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
ogagaejay:

He couldn't have left his originals at the embassy, what kinda mature individual goes to an embassy and leaves his originals because he was asked to leave. if he was asked to leave, he still has the right to ask for his originals. I was asked to leave once. I still went and asked for my documents which I had left inside and I was given because it is my property visa or no visa, and I was given another appointment. I think we all should be mature even though this visa means allot to us.
I think what he should do is to go back to the embassy and ask for his document, no body will crucify him for that. It is my opinion, I could be wrong

Can he still go dere and request for it...will dey give him? wat is he going to tell dem when he get dere?
pls help a broda
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dehonourable: 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Princesam400:

his interview wasn't completed according to the story he told me
he wasn't given any slip and he's yet to fund his account

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.