Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995625 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
Williamso:

Nigeria is a native English country oh! I have confirmed it. We're all descendants of Henry VIII!!!

Cc honourableseyi
It was declared yesterday by Her Majesty the Queen! cheesy

Chaiii, na wah for you oooo guy. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XpensiveT(m): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

This person is a part of the academic system and he has said that English proficiency letter from a student of an English speaking country that is course was done in english is as good as any English test anywhere in German for any university. It might not be stated that way in some of the universities' website
That was my point before williamso, stated saying things he is not sure of. When people make comment, they might be sure, and I was sure I was not misleading anyone

Bro..that's not true. I applied to University of Duisburg-Essen and I was rejected. The reason for my rejection was because I submitted proficiency letter in English language in lieu of TOEFL/IELTS.

I mailed the school and they replied me that the examination committee made a decision not to accept proficiency letter again bcoz they have bad experience about proficiency letter. Note: the school accepted proficiency letter during 2014/15 admission nd they didn't accept it this year.

I got admitted to another school with a proficiency letter addressed to uni-assist. The school is not even under uni-assist oo. I sent my documents directly to the school with a proficiency letter addressed to uni-assist.

So, every school with different admission requirements. Germans are kinda strict with their requirements. If they ask for letter "A", jes give it to them. They might not accept any other document in lieu of it.

Oooohk.....still on d matter #TeamWinter2015 #Freiburger grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
Williamso, some of my comment here Is out of anger, but then, u most get your facts right, being a native speaker is contextual, nigeria is not considered a native speaker in some countries but not Germany, u didn't miss your admission because u couldn't provide a language test, and u know that, anyway, I have enjoyed this topic. Wiedersehen
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:

Williamso, u disappoint me, for your information nigeria is an English speaking country and is considered a native speaker of English everywhere in the world, do your research.

That is not true.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:
Williamso, some of my comment here Is out of anger, but then, u most get your facts right, being a native speaker is contextual, nigeria is not considered a native speaker in some countries but not Germany, u didn't miss your admission because u couldn't provide a language test, and u know that, anyway, I have enjoyed this topic. Wiedersehen

Again that is not true, you definitely miss your admission if you failed to meet English language requirement

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2015
*Dodges stones, missiles*

In other news we have been ignoring........

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
sirkells:
please is there anyone that opened a blocked account from 3rd of august that has gotten his account details?

I submitted at the embassy on the 3rd of August too and i'm yet to get my account details. I'm getting worried too oh. hian.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
uchezdedon:
Just finished my interview. No additional questions. The igbo man was calm 2day. I was the first that was interviewed. Thanks to everybody who has been contributing to this trend.

@ iyke and kciano, hope u guys latter picked ur visa today.

it was nice meeting u dude....today was fun ..I met many nairalanders today ...anyway make i no expose one of our guys dat is already enjoying germany in Nigeria....@ uchezdedon. It was nice meeting u ..yes we collected the visa

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
guy apply to TU Darmstadt and tell them you are a native speaker you go see see as them go throw your application for dustbin. My application hasnt been processed at Darmstadt for over a year now cos I refused to write an international English language exam, please dont deceive your self
ogagaejay:

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
ogagaejay:
I will pretend you're a member of the admissions committee at RWTH Aachen, and ignore this remark. After all, you didn't believe the correspondence I uploaded, so even if I upload my rejection email, you wouldn't still believe.

I wonder wetin dey make you vex, if your temper no fit warm soup, e never hot reach.

Now to the matter:
English nativity is not a contextual issue. You're a native speaker if your ancestors are "English". Nothing contextual about it. As for "official" language, that's a different situation. A country can make a language official by stating it in its constitution, but a country cannot just make itself a native speaker of a language, and a country cannot be seen as native by some and not as native by other countries. GET THAT CLEAR. Do you know that despite the fact that USA is a native English speaking country, they are not an "official" English speaking country? (USA has no official language) And like Nigeria, Singapore's official language is English. Does that make them native English speakers? Come on, you're definitely better than this. And while some schools waive English tests for all "officially" English speaking countries as well as natives (e.g Uni-Hamburg), some do so for only natives (e.g OGVU). There are still a few who waive for all natives as well as some select few official (Which, as in the case of Uni-Bonn, Nigeria happens to fall under). So please, come with facts, not based on "Someone in the system in Bremen", I consider that as an insult to the intelligence of everyone on this thread who have taken out time to do their research. Even according to Wikipedia (admitted, they are not reliable for academic purposes) only about 53% of Nigeria's population speaks English, and none as first language while Germany has about 60% of it's population speaking English. Will you now say Germany is also a native English-speaking country?

Last Bullet: As for the link you sent, even google can do better than that!

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kanweYest: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2015
Lol. TOEFL is not even hard. Anyone that actually studied in English in a Nigerian university at the BSc level will definitely get a good score. So, except finance or time-frame is the problem, I think its always a safe bet to write an English proficiency exam. No need to go dey hear stories that touch later on.

With that said, would be nice if we could go back to the main topic of the thread and not spend pages discussing a matter that has a simple solution.

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2015
@zeeblamj and others that hv travelled to germany through Wakanow.com.....
I had a wonderful experience at one of the outlets of Wakanow. Com @160 awolowo road .
the lady I met warned me severally about booking one way ticket ...she said immigration officers would definitely disturb me at the airport ....
she also talked about doing vaccine at the airport before travelling ....plss I hvnt heard of doing vaccine before ...plss house clarify me on this plss?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
XpensiveT:

Bro..that's not true. I applied to University of Duisburg-Essen and I was rejected. The reason for my rejection was because I submitted proficiency letter in English language in lieu of TOEFL/IELTS.

I mailed the school and they replied me that the examination committee made a decision not to accept proficiency letter again bcoz they have bad experience about proficiency letter. Note: the school accepted proficiency letter during 2014/15 admission nd they didn't accept it this year.

I got admitted to another school with a proficiency letter addressed to uni-assist. The school is not even under uni-assist oo. I sent my documents directly to the school with a proficiency letter addressed to uni-assist.

So, every school with different admission requirements. Germans are kinda strict with their requirements. If they ask for letter "A", jes give it to them. They might not accept any other document in lieu of it.

Oooohk.....still on d matter #TeamWinter2015 #Freiburger grin

That reminds me of the canadian thread where a skool some1 applied to in canada, Only just recently stopped accepting letter of profficiency for Nigerians and when asked why by mail replied dat it seems Nigerians speak many oda languages aside English. Dat one show say our Naija guys fit don go der go dey nak pidgen, thereby spoiling tins for odas coming behind. God help Naija.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Williamso:

I will pretend you're a member of the admissions committee at RWTH Aachen, and ignore this remark. After all, you didn't believe the correspondence I uploaded, so even if I upload my rejection email, you wouldn't still believe.

I wonder wetin dey make you vex, if your temper no fit warm soup, e never hot reach.

Last Bullet: As for the link you sent, even google can do better than that!

Bro abeg no disturb yourself with this guy matter. To himself, he is Albert Einstein and everyone else is Daffy Duck.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
kciano:
@zeeblamj and others that hv travelled to germany through Wakanow.com.....
I had a wonderful experience at one of the outlets of Wakanow. Com @160 awolowo road .
the lady I met warned me severally about booking one way ticket ...she said immigration officers would definitely disturb me at the airport ....
she also talked about doing vaccine at the airport before travelling ....plss I hvnt heard of doing vaccine before ...plss house clarify me on this plss?
U are not required to get a vaccine when traveling to Germany... And to be honest u shouldn't get a return ticket. It's completely unecessary if u have a national visa.... But if it's too much drama and they might be like that at the immigration stand then just get a return ticket and cancel ur flight when u get to Germany. But they may charge a certain amount for a refund...
But most times the airline only wants to make more money and that's why they try to scare people into buying return tickets... A person with a national visa does not, I repeat DOES NOT REQUIRE A RETURN TICKET. The immigration guys only try to extort money from first time travelers.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Bro abeg no disturb yourself with this guy matter. To himself, he is Albert Einstein and everyone else is Daffy Duck.
Ahahahhahaahhaha. Daffy Duck killed me.... This should be over now. Just a misunderstanding from all sides...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

U are not required to get a vaccine when traveling to Germany... And to be honest u shouldn't get a return ticket. It's completely unecessary if u have a national visa.... But if it's too much drama and they might be like that at the immigration stand then just get a return ticket and cancel ur flight when u get to Germany. But they may charge a certain amount for a refund...
But most times the airline only wants to make more money and that's why they try to scare people into buying return tickets... A person with a national visa does not, I repeat DOES NOT REQUIRE A RETURN TICKET. The immigration guys only try to extort money from first time travelers.

Thanks ...she seriously warned me about cancellation cos of the charges when drama starts so dats y am asking so Dat I won't make mistakes ..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2015
kciano:

Thanks ...she seriously warned me about cancellation cos of the charges when drama starts so dats y am asking so Dat I won't make mistakes ..
It's quite unfortunate that Nigerians do not consider eachother... These immigration guys are ridiculous... Sometimes they even ask for papers that don't exist just so they can get small change... Hungry Idiots... No offense to other immigration officers but these guys in airports are Mean!
Anyway as soon as they ask for invitation letter give them ur admission letter from the school and anyother document that they require... When they ask for return ticket u tell them it's a national visa and u won't be back in another two years. Don't give them a kobo! They normally have no right to keep u there if there is no document missing...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
Futurewiser:
Who knows if this is good news or not? It was sent to my Brother this Morning.

Dear Sir,

Your visa application was received and is currently being processed by our consular staff. In order to complete the application please come to the Consulate any day during the week between 8-11 a.m. to counter six and bring along a printout of this email as well as your passport.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section (Pol)

(Please state reference in reply)

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos

15, Walter Carrington Crescent

Victoria Island, Lagos

Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel.: +234-1-280 99 66

Fax: +49 30 1817 67232

No information abt travelling insurance....... lipsrsealed

BTW is this mail for your brother that dropped out from his HND program...(nor mind me o u know say ur brodas come many so we got know the one when get the email) If yes advise him to go with an open heart and expect anything.

All the best.

Edited: Interview on tuesday....well anything can happen....maybe they need him to clarify some points or his visa is ready.

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bolabae: 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2015
Hello house, my interview is on the 15th of October and my enrolment deadline is 30th of October and my skul said they can't do extension of date. Please what are my chances coz I am really scared and worried if my visa can be processed and available within 15 days.
Please advice a sista on what to do

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
Cindino20:

No information abt travelling insurance....... lipsrsealed

BTW is this mail for your brother that dropped out from his HND program...(nor mind me o u know say ur brodas come many so we got know the one when get the email) If yes advise him to go with an open heart and expect anything.

All the best.
I see what you did there grin grin

bolabae:
Hello house, my interview is on the 15th of October and my enrolment deadline is 30th of October and my skul said they can't do extension of date. Please what are my chances coz I am really scared and worried if my visa can be processed and available within 15 days.
Never say never. But honestly, chances are very slim. I hope your case will be the exception but the shortest I know of is 16 days.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2015
LOL...see national debate.

@Ogagajay, Nigeria is not in any way regarded as native speakers of English as its not pur mother tongue, may be in years to come when we loose our mother tongues completely (God forbid) like Singapore (by the way, their English don turn Singlish) we may get that status, and what's applicable to school, (in fact, department A) might not be applicable to B.

And for those waiting for visa and are unecessarily under pressure, just suck on this stats
Admission: January 3rd
Booked for visa: May 1st
Date given: July 1st
Visa Approval: Not yet
present date: September 4th
May be I have some of the blame, but when you look that up, I hope it gives you the confidence to man up, gulp down a few bottles (whichever one takes your fancy), kick back and relax with a cool smile and let your imagination explore the beauty of Germany, of course, with you in the scenery.
Man up boys!!

11 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

It's quite unfortunate that Nigerians do not consider eachother... These immigration guys are ridiculous... Sometimes they even ask for papers that don't exist just so they can get small change... Hungry Idiots... No offense to other immigration officers but these guys in airports are Mean!
Anyway as soon as they ask for invitation letter give them ur admission letter from the school and anyother document that they require... When they ask for return ticket u tell them it's a national visa and u won't be back in another two years. Don't give them a kobo! They normally have no right to keep u there if there is no document missing...

Thanks sis ..u r very good ..I appreciate the advise

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
bolabae:

There are many questions that need to be answered by you.
1. When did you do your booking?
2. Did the embassy advised you (sent you a mail) before giving you the October 15 date?
3. Did you explain your situation to your school before they insisted their deadline cannot change?
4. Have you funded your account?

Your answers to the above questions will give more insight to the kind of advice you will get from fellow nairalanders

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2015
Williamso:

I see what you did there grin grin

Never say never. But honestly, chances are very slim. I hope your case will be the exception but the shortest I know of is 16 days.

Oga free me jor..... cheesy grin ich mache Spaß
Eke40seven:
LOL...see national debate.
@Ogagajay, Nigeria is not in any way regarded as native speakers of English as its not pur mother tongue, may be in years to come when we loose our mother tongues completely (God forbid) like Singapore (by the way, their English don turn Singlish) we may get that status, and what's applicable to school, (in fact, department A) might not be applicable to B.
And for those waiting for visa and are unecessarily under pressure, just suck on this stats
Admission: January 3rd
Booked for visa: May 1st
Date given: July 1st
Visa Approval: Not yet
present date: September 4th
May be I have some of the blame, but when you look that up, I hope it gives you the confidence to man up, gulp down a few bottles (whichever one takes your fancy), kick back and relax with a cool smile and let your imagination explore the beauty of Germany, of course, with you in the scenery.
Man up boys!!

General Eke

Try to call the auslanderbehorde in ur city......

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 7:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
bolabae:

Dear I'm really so sorry.. I know how you feel atm.. It's killing and sickening.. Mine was approved in 15 days..

It can happen again!
We shouldn't under-estimate the power of hope and faith.

I don't want to copy and paste what I adviced a guy who had a short visa processing time..

I'll refer you to that page.. Lemme check

Pls check page 232.

Let me add this
And after one week of your visa interview.

Inform your department that you only have one week left for visa processing so that they can try to contact alien's office for you .

AND OR

Call foreigners office.. I wouldn't tell you the frequency of you calling. It depends on how the matter grips you.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2015
@bolabae ... Well I get quite concerned sometimes..

Scrolled through ur posts.. Realised you are going for BSc.
You might want to ask dolpaz some tips.
Cs you are definitely going to solve questions during your interview

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2015
Futurewiser:
Who knows if this is good news or not? It was sent to my Brother this Morning.

Dear Sir,

Your visa application was received and is currently being processed by our consular staff. In order to complete the application please come to the Consulate any day during the week between 8-11 a.m. to counter six and bring along a printout of this email as well as your passport.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section (Pol)

(Please state reference in reply)

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos

15, Walter Carrington Crescent

Victoria Island, Lagos

Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel.: +234-1-280 99 66

Fax: +49 30 1817 67232

Tell your brother to be hopeful and at the same time prepare for the worst.

is currently being processed and In order to complete the application. These two phrases could mean his presentation of passport would complete (close) the application procedure. At a risk of being tagged a pessimist, I smell rejection.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2015
if they didn't tell him to send to them something through courier service maybe a doc or asked him to bring along a document ... it could probably mean something else ..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2015
This happened last year to a female friend of mine currently in university of bremen.

You go fear testimony na.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2015
wow interesting

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinklestar(m): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

Chaiii, na wah for you oooo guy. Lmao

Very funny dude, ni mind am jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.