Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995660 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2015
please house why would he write aptitude test at the consulate this is the first time am hearing this..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
hadassaheke:
@oga number13 please when you submitted your application at TUM for their m.sc program in power engineering, did you submit an english proficiency letter from your school or you wrote an english test?

If you have the money take either TOEFL/IELTS. It surely would help your application and improve your chances especially when your CGPA is not high enough and the course is very competitive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2015
leo2314:
Hello haus! I had my interview @d german consulate on tuesday 1st of sept. For a BSC course, after d whole interview the V/O told me that e ought *****to conduct an aptitude test for me but time won't allow and that I'll b contacted by the consulate on when to come write the test.*****So yesterday I got a mail from them that in d a.m matter btw 8-9h of next week I should come to the visa section @d consulate with my passport and a printout of the mail. I hope this mail is for the aptitude test and not something else? So haus what do you think this email is for

Ellacute45.. That's why (the asterisk)

I learned on here that for BSc admission one would write an aptitude test in most cases.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2015
Obiwannn:

If you have the money take either TOEFL/IELTS. It surely would help your application and improve your chances especially when your CGPA is not high enough and the course is very competitive
ok, tnx a lot. I guess il just register for it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
hadassaheke:

Yeah just do so once and for all. If you prepare for about 1.5 months you will pass the TOEFL very well. For me I didn't use any of the prep books like Barrons etc because they contain too much jargon and are never straight to the point. The internet is filled with awesome resources..just do a google search of something like "Toefl Speaking Practice" or "toefl listening practice" etc and you will get so much help.

You are applying for a program starting next year October. You have enough time to take TOEFL and GRE or whatever standardized exam that is requested of you. Don't fear these exams. Be optimistic and you will get your desired score. Nothing beats preparation and optimism. You show a lot of zeal by gathering all info you need now. It is this zeal that will see you thru all the way to achieveing success. I also took my TOEFL in October last yr and had all my docs ready for the schools I applied to. I really don't like the idea of letter from school so I strongly encourage you to take TOEFL.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Yeah just do so once and for all. If you prepare for about 1.5 months you will pass the TOEFL very well. For me I didn't use any of the prep books like Barrons etc because they contain too much jargon and are never straight to the point. The internet is filled with awesome resources..just do a google search of something like "Toefl Speaking Practice" or "toefl listening practice" etc and you will get so much help.

You are applying for a program starting next year October. You have enough time to take TOEFL and GRE or whatever standardized exam that is requested of you. Don't fear these exams. Be optimistic and you will get your desired score. Nothing beats preparation and optimism. You show a lot of zeal by gathering all info you need now. It is this zeal that will see you thru all the way to achieveing success. I also took my TOEFL in October last yr and had all my docs ready for the schools I applied to. I really don't like the idea of letter from school so I strongly encourage you to take TOEFL.

All the best

To buttress what kanweyest, obiwannn and lmuhopeful have said.. TOEFL is not hard.. Heard IELTS is easier..
Just score 80+ in toefl or 6.0+ in IELTS u can apply to 90% of German schools.

For TOEFL .. Work on ur **SPEED***, then WRITING and SPEAKING sections .. That's the tip for toefl..

For IELTS.. I don't have tips for IELTS not written it before..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
twinkle1:

To buttress what kanweyest, obiwannn and lmuhopeful have said.. TOEFL is not hard.. Heard IELTS is easier..

For TOEFL .. Work on ur **SPEED***, then WRITING and SPEAKING sections .. That's the tip for toefl..

I wrote IELTS May Last year, and Honestly, I don't know why folks are 'scared' of writing English language tests. IELTS isn't in any way more difficult than WAEC/NECO English exam in my humble opinion. If you were able to have C6 in O-Level English I see no reason why you should score below 6.5-7.0 in IELTS.

my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
Imagine a very top school like uni stuttgart requiring just 79 for toefl.. And Many other top schools in Germany.. BUT we know admission is very competitive in Germany..
Emphasis on Motivation Letter and CGPA in most cases..
Some a powerful motivation letter is the joker when other requirements are met

And some both will do.

A school I applied to in one of their magazines said.. Many people don't usually qualify for the course because their work experience or modules are not in line with the course ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adenjnr(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2015
@oye50.... saw your pm and i replied but i keep getting the failure notice
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2015
I learnt that TOEFL is easier than IELTS because IELTS is more technical than TOEFL. But when it comes to registration of both tests IELTS registration is easier. You can walk up to British Council and register for IELTS. But to register for TOEFL you will have to go though an agent.

The good thing about language proficiency tests it that it gives you a distinctive advantage over those without.
twinkle1:

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2015
ellacute45:
please house why would he write aptitude test at the consulate this is the first time am hearing this..

Please can u tell us wht u don't understand about d test or are u new here? @ ellacute45

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2015
IELTS/TOEFL may not be as difficult as O'Level English in WAEC/NECO but it's more technical than O'Level English. O'Level English may look more difficult because of WAEC's marking scheme.
acedboss:

I wrote IELTS May Last year, and Honestly, I don't know why folks are 'scared' of writing English language tests. IELTS isn't in any way more difficult than WAEC/NECO English exam in my humble opinion. If you were able to have C6 in O-Level English I see no reason why you should score below 6.5-7.0 in IELTS.

my 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2015
lmuhopeful:

All the best
tnx, so much. Buh there is another issue, and that is the choice between TOEFL and IELTS, which is easier to register, write and pass with a high score? I want to register for the exam. Please pardon my plenty question o
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
hadassaheke:

tnx, so much. Buh there is another issue, and that is the choice between TOEFL and IELTS, which is easier to register, write and pass with a high score? I want to register for the exam. Please pardon my plenty question o

Easier to Register = IELTS

Easier to write and Pass with high score = IELTS

Most schools in Germany requires at Least 6.0 which ia achievable with just 1-2weeks preparation.

Work on Listening, Reading and Writing. The speaking will take care of itself.. Trust me.

All the best Hadassaheke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 4:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
victz:
I learnt that TOEFL is easier than IELTS because IELTS is more technical than TOEFL. But when it comes to registration of both tests IELTS registration is easier. You can walk up to British Council and register for IELTS. But to register for TOEFL you will have to go though an agent.

The good thing about language proficiency tests it that it gives you a distinctive advantage over those without.
No sir! U don't need any agent to register for TOEFL, u only need internet connection and Visa ATM card. That's all you need.
And talking frm personal experience, my opinion of British Council hasn't been a very good one. I hav been dealing wit them for a while, there are some things I don't like about some of their staff at Ikoyi. So when it was time for me to register for test of english, it was easier for me to choose TOEFL over IELTS cos I want to avoid their wahala as much as possible.
Talking about level of difficulty; people hav always said IELTS is easier, well, I don't know. Neither do I consider TOEFL difficult. With little resources and practice time I scored ***. Even wit d challenges I faced at d venue. Anyway I knw it was God's doing. So bottomline; get adequate information concerning ur preferred test, read up, practice and go do it.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
I can't wait to see what Germany would turn around to be with all these mass immigration from SYRIA, Iraq, Libya. E.t.c......over a million expected this year alone, could be millions next year and the years ahead. All eyes on the possible positive or negative consequences of this, since Germany seems to be alone.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2015
stoicism:
I can't wait to see what Germany would turn around to be with all these mass immigration from SYRIA, Iraq, Libya. E.t.c......over a million expected this year alone, could be millions next year and the years ahead. All eyes on the possible positive or negative consequences of this, since Germany seems to be alone.

Yes I waited for this comment ..
Bro Let me go a Lil defensive.. I'm not trying to negate ur point ..Im just trying to share an opinion as well.

We are all know Germany is trending right now everywhere.
Well err.. It's normal for us to feel this way..

My thoughts.. Some of us have plans to study and live in Germany infinitely.. Forget all those VO format
Some of us want to just study and yes come back and invest in naija..
Whatever anyone chooses is a possibility. I don't think this strong influx of migrants should deter our desires..

I feel Germany is fully aware of these consequences to an extent sha I don't know .

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
Please to all saying IELTS is easier did you guys write bot TOEFL and IELTS that you are making the comparison?

Both exams test English, one is 'British' and the other 'American'

If you have been learning English for a while both exams are fine.

If it bothers future applicants in making a choice between both exams ask the various schools you are applying to which they prefer.

dolpaz:

Most schools in Germany requires at Least 6.0 which ia achievable with just 1-2weeks preparation.

Work on Listening, Reading and Writing. The speaking will take care of itself.. Trust me.

All the best Hadassaheke

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
hadassaheke:

Although TUM will spare you if you don't have IELTS/TOEFL as far as you are from Nigeria and your course is taught in English but to cast your net wide, you may still need it.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
dolpaz:

All the best Hadassaheke

If she is going for Masters, 6.0 will not do the job for MOST schools. 6.5 is closer to the truth..Even schools like Freiburg will accept nothing less than 7.0 for Masters programmes So she better target a score of 7.0 and if she hits 6.5, then fine.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Drpain: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2015
hello house, my brother want to apply for language course visa, but he has some questions:
1) what are best supporting documents to prove strong ties in Nigeria?.
2) he has a business man's statement of account to present as a sponsor but he will not live with the said man, is it acceptable?.
3) The language course visa is it that easy to obtain?.
Note, he has paid the language school for a period of 6 months and expecting the invitation letter from them. Please do help with these questions. Thanks for your co-operation.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Drpain:
hello house, my brother want to apply for language course visa, but he has some questions:
2) he has a business man's statement of account to present as a sponsor but he will not live with the said man, is it acceptable?.
Note, he has paid the language school for a period of 6 months and expecting the invitation letter from them. Please do help with these questions. Thanks for your co-operation.
Sorry to sound pessimistic, but he would likely not be issued the visa. Reason being that there's a standard language school in Nigeria (Goethe Institute) and it's a lot more economical to school there.
However, should you choose to go ahead, I don't know about documents to prove ties. They don't need any statement of account, except your sponsor is in Germany. Else open a blocked account and fund it. The language course visa is not easy to obtain. (See first paragraph).

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skills50(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
Who kns anything abt legalisation of academic credentials from federal ministry of education nd how much it cost?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2015
skills50:
Who kns anything abt legalisation of academic credentials from federal ministry of education nd how much it cost?

I really don't know about it but I know that there is an old thread here on NL for people going to study in Austria. In the thread, the issue of legalisation at Federal Ministries of Education and Foriegn Affairs were discussed extensively.

You can use google to search for it, but you can also visit the link below as a start:

https://www.nairaland.com/566958/authenticity-documents-ministry-foreign-affairs/2

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
1. Strong ties are work or family. Job offer letter or If your brother is married or has an old parent that he takes care of. (Wife, Kids)
2. I'm not so sure but business man living in Germany and sponsoring him ? That sounds like a red flag especially when the business man is Nigerian.
3. No visa is hard to obtain as long as your purpose is genuine but keep in mind that that has been abused in the recent past.

HTH
Drpain:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by skills50(m): 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2015
lmuhopeful:

I really don't know about it but I know that there is an old thread here on NL for people going to study in Austria. In the thread, the issue of legalisation at Federal Ministries of Education and Foriegn Affairs were discussed extensively.

You can use google to search for it, but you can also visit the link below as a start:

https://www.nairaland.com/566958/authenticity-documents-ministry-foreign-affairs/2

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
dolpaz:

All the best Hadassaheke
@dolpaz tnx for wisìng me luck,
@ Ahbbiey, lmuhopeful, Eke40seven, oligee, obiwann, victz et al who responded, thanks am really grateful, tho am a little bit confused at the moment, buh il just make more research and then register for one of them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 6:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
This is what someone received as a reply to an enquiry 2016 winter semester, I hope other universities will not tow this line.
"Hello **** From Nigeria we require two years' successful university study at Bachelor level to be considered for admission__________________________________________________John ClearBSc Electrical Engineering / MSc Biotechnology CoordinatorEnglish TeacherHochschule Mannheim / Mannheim University of Applied Sciences". This is getting interesting

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 6:21pm On Sep 05, 2015
@Zeeblamjo1, Futurewise11, DanIndia and those currently living in Germany. Please, why is it that the cost of accommodation in Germany is so high? Is it that there are lack of availability of housing/infrastructure in Germany or what is exactly the problem? It's like this problem is also affecting their own citizens. A German student studying at the University of Tubingen decided to be living in a train because of this same problem. She said that the cost of living in a train is cheaper than keeping her rented apartment in Stuttgart. And this problem is almost everywhere in Germany. It's even worse in bigger cities like Munich, Hamburg, Frankfurt etc.

If a student should be paying €300 per month out of €670 withdrawn from blocked account monthly for accommodation and another €90 for insurance it means that he/she will be left with €280 for the rest of the month. I know that student jobs after few months can serve as compliments but is there nothing the government is doing to address this issue?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
Tinder:

Okay the ones I've seen so far are requesting for certificates,please can you list any University you know for BSC business related course,logistics,transport or supply chain management course that is taught entirely in English and tuition free both for bsc and msc.

Danke bruder

PM me to get the compiled list for Bsc while you take care of the Msc. They are for summer 2015 and purely business related courses. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:45pm On Sep 05, 2015
hadassaheke:

@dolpaz tnx for wisìng me luck,
@ Ahbbiey, lmuhopeful, Eke40seven, oligee, obiwann, victz et al who responded, thanks am really grateful, tho am a little bit confused at the moment, buh il just make more research and then register for one of them.
Its a no brainer! prepare and register for IELTS...prepare adequately!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kuthvic: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2015
Drpain:

Strong ties 2 Nigeria may include marriage,children, registered company or Government employment,Assets etc

He will look like a risk immigrant if he can not explain why he prefer 2 do the Language course in Germany when Goethe is here and by far cheaper.
The V/O may like 2 know the importance of him learning German. How will it affect his life positively?
Encourage him 2 apply for Bsc , Msc or Phd Program( if he meets the requirement)- I think that may be easier as he will still have a chance 2 learn German while developing himself Academically.

Most times if u are going 2 learn German in Germany u should have learned up to B1 or B2 . not as a complete Beginner. I would recommend Goethe if he is a beginner then after A1 and A2 , he can procceed to German for b1 etc

+++Abeg make MY OGAs Shine more light on the matter+++

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.