Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995829 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sirkells: 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

Check your spam folder. I opened mine on August 12 and I have gotten my info from DB since 28th of August. Have you done your interview? Best of luck
Yeah I've done my interview
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
sirkells:

Yeah I've done my interview

Ok good. It will surely end in praise. Bsc or Msc? If it is Bsc, did you write test or not?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XTIANmaha(m): 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2015
Futurewiser:
Who knows if this is good news or not? It was sent to my Brother this Morning.

Dear Sir,

Your visa application was received and is currently being processed by our consular staff. In order to complete the application please come to the Consulate any day...

Pls how many days after ur interview was this mail sent to u? It could be a pointer.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sirkells: 10:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
honourableseyi:

Ok good. It will surely end in praise. Bsc or Msc? If it is Bsc, did you write test or not?
Bsc no test
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bolabae: 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=mostyg post=37675319]

There are many questions that need to be answered by you.
1. When did you do your booking?
2. Did the embassy advised you (sent you a mail) before giving you the October 15 date?
3. Did you explain your situation to your school before they insisted their deadline cannot change?
4. Have you funded your account?

Your answers to the above questions will give more insight to the kind of advice you will get from fellow naira lander

I booked 27th of August, the embassy didn't send me any mail advicing me b4 I got the date. I explained to my skul and sent someone dere sef and dey said dey don't do extension of date. I have not funded but will fund b4 the interview date.
Please advise on what to do
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bolabae: 11:46pm On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=twinkle1 post=37675544]

Dear I'm really so sorry.. I know how you feel atm.. It's killing and sickening.. Mine was approved in 15 days..

It can happen again!
We shouldn't under-estimate the powerful of hope and faith.

I don't want to copy and paste what I adviced a guy who had a short visa processing time..

I'll refer you to that page.. Lemme check

Pls check page 232.

Let me add this
And after one week of your visa interview.

Inform your department that you only have one week left for visa processing so that they can try to contact alien's office for you .

AND OR

Call foreigners office.. I wouldn't tell you the frequency of you calling. It depends on how the matter grips you.

Was it 15 working days or 15 days?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by daimlerbenz: 11:47pm On Sep 04, 2015
You guys should just drop this.

I was granted admission on the condition of English profieciency test result presentation. I wrote back informing them I have parceled in my application document a letter addressed to UniStuttgart that I have done my education in English. Guess the reply? You must present either your IELTS or TOEFL or forgo the admission. Until I forwarded said results, I was not given the admission letter.

In a nutshell, some schools/programs accept the letter, some insist on the exams. I was the only Nigerian who presented such exams as other guys in other programs in same UniStuttgart didn't have to. It's the decision of the schools/program to make.

ogagaejay:
Williamso, some of my comment here Is out of anger, but then, u most get your facts right, being a native speaker is contextual, nigeria is not considered a native speaker in some countries but not Germany, u didn't miss your admission because u couldn't provide a language test, and u know that, anyway, I have enjoyed this topic. Wiedersehen

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bolabae: 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2015
twinkle1 ... Well I get quite concerned sometimes..

Scrolled through ur posts.. Realised you are going for BSc.
You might want to ask dolpaz some tips.
Cs you are definitely going to solve questions during your interview.

@twinkle1 was it 16 working days or 16 days?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 12:15am On Sep 05, 2015
kciano:

it was nice meeting u dude....today was fun ..I met many nairalanders today ...anyway make i no expose one of our guys dat is already enjoying germany in Nigeria....@ uchezdedon. It was nice meeting u ..yes we collected the visa

My bosses wey come collect visa I hail oh. Met many nairaland guys. It was nice talking to all of you.

Kciano uchezedon observer..

Even some on ghost mode.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 05, 2015
@Winter 2016 team in the house,please don't take @ogagaejay submissions about English proficiency letter serious, I missed out in two schools and got outright rejection from one because of not having IELTS/TOEFL,this schools are: university of Bonn,I was admitted with deadline to provide English test, which I could not and miss the admission, University of Duisburg Essen sent a mail to me that I met their requirement for admissions but in oder for my application to participate in admission process that I have to provide English test within one week which I did not,university of Boschum outright rejection, I got admission in 3 other uni, university of Bremen, Kiel and Uni tuebingen. Rejected also by uni frieberg and Göttingen not because of English test. I applied to 8 schools. you still have ample time to start your application, if you have the money,go and write English test,it will brighten your chances of been admitted, 2016 admission process will be more competitive than 2015,Nigeria is not a native English speaker, the only country that is classified as native English speakers in Africa by some European countries is South Africa

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingsleymike: 1:00am On Sep 05, 2015
There is a big difference between Official and Native English speakers as Nigeria belong to the former. Ask yourself what your native language is then u will realize you don't belong to that group. Some German Unis will never offer u a place if u dont have your TOEFL or IELTS and your country isn't listed as one of the Native speakers. In my case with University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart. I applied with a 6.0 IELTS score and I was offered a place but on the condition I present a 6.5 IELTS score. I called different offices including the one in charge, spoke ENGLISH to them but they persistently refused. Finally I wrote another IELTS and sent them the 7.0 score before they listened. That's to further highlight how strict some German Unis can get as regards this issue.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pauluche: 1:36am On Sep 05, 2015
Bros Eke47 still waiting for your pm pls
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pauluche: 1:36am On Sep 05, 2015
Bros Eke47 and Oga Dolpaz I'm still expecting your pm ooooo.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 2:00am On Sep 05, 2015
[quote author=bolabae post=37682919][/quote]

Well, you booked rather too late. Since your university insisted they don't shift enrollment deadline you MAY want to write the embassy and plead for review of your appointment time on the basis of your enrollment deadline. I am not sure anybody has done this before but you never can tell. Please do include that your mail doesn't in any way indicate a cancellation of your earlier appointment.

Should the embassy reply not favorable, you may need to start calling the alien office consistently even before your interview to tell them your situation. This may make them expedite action on your application once it is received.

If you have already received DB notification, please fund your account as soon as possible.

I hope this helps. Others can contribute.

May God in His infinite mercy assist you.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 5:58am On Sep 05, 2015
[quote author=bolabae post=37682992][/quote]

15 days not 15 working days
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2015
Please house...... Is German Certification necessary when applying for BSC, because i want to apply for BSC and MSC to widen my chances, although i already have BSC but my GPA is low. But I'm learning German with duolingo already and it has been awesome.

Danke Schon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:07am On Sep 05, 2015
Tinder:
Please house...... Is German Certification necessary when applying for BSC, because i want to apply for BSC and MSC to widen my chances, although i already have BSC but my GPA is low. But I'm learning German with duolingo already and it has been awesome.

Danke Schon

It is not so far the course is entirely taught in English.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2015
sirkells:

Bsc no test

Alright thanks. I guess it was not Ishabella aka chinko woman that interview you? Good news you have been waiting for is coming your way very soon.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2015
iyke20024:

My bosses wey come collect visa I hail oh. Met many nairaland guys. It was nice talking to all of you.

Kciano uchezedon observer..

Even some on ghost mode.

Nice one boss. It was nice running into you and kciano yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 9:55am On Sep 05, 2015
GottSeiDank:
Wunderschön @Zeeblamj01 reading through this makes me remember my Schritte plus books. The gender, imperativ, Akkusativ, Dativ und so weiter. Learning Deutsch requires lots of hardwork and commitment. I must confess, you doing a good on this forum grin. Also, wie kann man die Entwicklung zu sprechen?

Man spricht,was man schon mal gehört hatte meaning you speak,what you've heard before.
Deutsche Welle got news in German that are read slowly for learners and they also got the written news with it.
Try listening to different news 1-2hrs daily as training.
Mine was tv shows involving court cases as in court cases,the judges and all involved speak at moderate not so fast level.
check out rtlnow.de

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2015
honourableseyi:

It is not so far the course is entirely taught in English.

Okay the ones I've seen so far are requesting for certificates,please can you list any University you know for BSC business related course,logistics,transport or supply chain management course that is taught entirely in English and tuition free both for bsc and msc.

Danke bruder

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by leo2314: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2015
Hello haus! I had my interview @d german consulate on tuesday 1st of sept. For a BSC course, after d whole interview the V/O told me that e ought to conduct an aptitude test for me but time won't allow and that I'll b contacted by the consulate on when to come write the test. So yesterday I got a mail from them that in d a.m matter btw 8-9h of next week I should come to the visa section @d consulate with my passport and a printout of the mail. I hope this mail is for the aptitude test and not something else? So haus what do you think this email is for

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 10:32am On Sep 05, 2015
Viele Dank mein Bruder. wink
styles2009:

Man spricht,was man schon mal gehört hatte meaning you speak,what you've heard before.
Deutsche Welle got news in German that are read slowly for learners and they also got the written news with it.
Try listening to different news 1-2hrs daily as training.
Mine was tv shows involving court cases as in court cases,the judges and all involved speak at moderate not so fast level.
check out rtlnow.de

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 05, 2015
leo2314:
Hello haus! I had my interview @d german consulate on tuesday 1st of sept. For a BSC course, after d whole interview the V/O told me that e ought to conduct an aptitude test for me but time won't allow and that I'll b contacted by the consulate on when to come write the test. So yesterday I got a mail from them that in d a.m matter btw 8-9h of next week I should come to the visa section @d consulate with my passport and a printout of the mail. I hope this mail is for the aptitude test and not something else? So haus what do you think this email is for
If u did nothing wrong, and all documents are complete.. I'm sure they just want u to take the test. Don't be paranoid. Lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:36am On Sep 05, 2015
Tinder:

Okay the ones I've seen so far are requesting for certificates,please can you list any University you know for BSC business related course,logistics,transport or supply chain management course that is taught entirely in English and tuition free both for bsc and msc.

Danke bruder

It is absolutely impossible for anyone here to go thru the stress of listing schools that offer particular courses for you. That is YOUR OWN JOB! Here we offer suggestions, advice and guides but we don't do the work of others for them.

Kindly visit www.daad.de/en . As far as I know from DAAD you can filter your search based on numerous criteria and I believe language of teaching would be amongst these filters. Better still just enter your query into google and read thru the different results till you find what you want.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:37am On Sep 05, 2015
leo2314:

The dreaded 5 days mail....
How was your interview generally? Did you perform well?
Many have gone for BSc without having to write any test.

Keep your hopes up anyways, and take solace in the bolded.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 10:59am On Sep 05, 2015
Good morning house @oga lmuhopeful please, when you applied at LMU for their m.sc program in geophysics, did you submit an english proficiency letter from your school or you wrote an english test?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2015
@oga number13 please when you submitted your application at TUM for their m.sc program in power engineering, did you submit an english proficiency letter from your school or you wrote an english test?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 11:14am On Sep 05, 2015
hadassaheke:
Good morning house @oga lmuhopeful please, when you applied at LMU for their m.sc program in geophysics, did you submit an english proficiency letter from your school or you wrote an english test?

Hello. I took TOEFL iBT. However LMU geophysics state that other proficiency documents, including letters from your school, will be decided on a case-by-case basis and may not necessarily be accepted.

On another note, I have seen your SOPs. I will revert to you soon.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Hello. I took TOEFL iBT. However LMU geophysics state that other proficiency documents, including letters from your school, will be decided on a case-by-case basis and may not necessarily be accepted.

On another note, I have seen your SOPs. I will revert to you soon.
ok, thanks. God bless you!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 11:42am On Sep 05, 2015
leo2314:

My man put your mind at rest. The invitation is for your aptitude test, that is the reasoning you have been given a specific time( 8-9am, next week). If you compare your mail with that of futurewise brother, you will notice a lot of differences in the two mails.
For instance
1. Nothing was mentioned about the completion of your application process unlike futurewise brother.
2. You got a week to come to the embassy unlike futurewise brother who was given an infinite date.
3. The time frame (8-9) you got indicates the embassy want to engage you in a serious business unlike the other guy who was give a wide range of time (8-11am).

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful day.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2015
Guy read for your aptitude test and write it well, but make sure you reply the email stating that you have seen their mail and you will come on a specific day. print your reply and take it along with the invitation printout I remember when i was invited the second time, the Nigerian lady at the reception nearly sent me back stating that i didnt reply the invitation( let me quote her una just dey use Naija mentality)
leo2314:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.