Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996258 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:
please house hope having the actual 2.5 is not detrimental to geting admisssion for master??or should I apply for bsc

You no dey hear word abi? hahahahah

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:
please house hope having the actual 2.5 is not detrimental to geting admisssion for master??or should I apply for bsc

Step one go to Daad website, choose a couple of universities you are interested in(considering location, course, Lang of instruction etc)
Step 2 Check out those universities' website and acquaint yourself with there admissions requirements and procedures.

Step 3 Go to German Consulate lagos' website and read student visa requirement. You can also read this thread from page one for more information and frequently asked questions.

Step 4 Do this and you save your self the stress of asking general questions.

As for your question... This thread is not the admission board of any University. We can only answer you based on opinion and experience which may not suffice.

Research, Google, Read..... Very important for a prospective MSc student.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
Obiwannn:

You no dey hear word abi? hahahahah
The guy no go stop unless una answer I'm question ooo...... Eke, someone needs akamu ooo

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
abeg wetin be the agent website wey u use for the room
kanweYest:

Same here. I'm on the waiting list too.

I've been trying those websites with shared flats and co too but haven't gotten any response, maybe because I didn't write in German.

I've recently decided to try 'estate agents' in Germany. Got in touch with one yesterday that replied today asking what room size, cost range etc that I need . I'll let you know how that goes. I have no idea how much they charge though.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:

You're still hungry abi .... Oga no vex, collect hot akamu, and stop crying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:
Okay.... It's official! I finally give up!!!
See, ALL the questions ALL the questions... I mean ALL the questions you could ever ask at this stage you are on have been answered on this thread.

We are on page 249 or there about... And we have extensively debated on ALL the questions you could ever bring up at this stage... Have been answered.... I mean EVERYTHING, I mean the SUM TOTAL

Please help me with more phrases and words to describe "ALL" .... I have finally given up!

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:
hi dear, i ve been quietly following and reading your questions, n To tell you the truth, you need to quietly relax, charge your phone (that is if its what youre using to chat) and then start reading from page 0 of part 1 n u won't regret it.
I stumbled upon this thread when i was searching for German universities, ( n that was December 2014, as i had just graduated), n guess what? I didnt know how to join NL so i quietly read from page 0 of part 1, i read both the boring,interesting n very funny part n at times il laugh so hard that my siblings would wonder if i was alright, buh i didnt mind n continued until i was able to join NL, I quickly introduced myself asked some questions n continued reading, cos i had winter 2016 in mind, so i kept reading n following till date n trust me i have no regret whatsoever!!
I might nt comment always buh i read, jot n i learn from our madam and ogas.
So pls calm down n read n you won't regret it!!
No offence meant, just my 2 kobo!
#Teamwinter 2016!

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
Eke40seven:

Okay.... It's official! I finally give up!!!
See, ALL the questions ALL the questions... I mean ALL the questions you could ever ask at this stage you are on have been answered on this thread.

We are on page 249 or there about... And we have extensively debated on ALL the questions you could ever bring up at this stage... Have been answered.... I mean EVERYTHING, I mean the SUM TOTAL

Please help me with more phrases and words to describe "ALL" .... I have finally given up!
When the Oga at the top says he's given up, then you know say water don pass garri grin (Or is it garri don pass water??)

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kanweYest: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
lamingo:
abeg wetin be the agent website wey u use for the room

Dem never find me room o, so I don't even know if it will work out. Moreover, I only just gave them details of what I type of room I tonight.

ENGEL & VÖLKERS ● Tübingen
D. & P. Helmle Immobilien GbR Jakobsgasse 8 72070 Tübingen Deutschland Phone: +49 7071 40788-0 Facsimile: +49 7071 40788-15 Internet: www.engelvoelkers.com/tuebingen Mailto: Aaron.Martial@engelvoelkers.com

There are many others. Just Google 'estate agents in Germany (or your city)'

Like I said, I don't how or if this works at all. Its just the only viable lead I have so far. Therefore, exercise caution.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
Obiwannn:

turkish also gives that Laptop bag privilege...

How much kg was specified for the laptop bag at emirates..?
Clearly Emirates> others for hospitality

No specific kg for dat
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seek4yemi1: 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
For those travelling soon this is a piece of advise for u,tho all airline indicate 30kg max lug for each person bt some airline gives grace of 40kg lug and 10kg hand luggage, I know of Etihad airline and Qatar airline bt as for Emirate airline if ur 30kg is over 1kg u have to pay o
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:

Well I had to go back to your very first to check for your intentions because your questions are.......

This is the Drift... You came Here and (1) asked about how to get a student visa..

(2) you said you were about to graduate and and planning to do your Masters in Germany and you ONLY need info on how to get a student visa.

(3) you asked if anyone can give you update for Masters requirements

And on and on and on..

I wouldn't attack you.. It just shows you want to get a visa soonest.. Like now now.. Hadassaheke has told you to calm down.. Yes just calm down

No one gets a visa overnight.. It's a process.. You need to get every single document in place.. Might take months..

So if you don't chill now and take a deep breath you will just be ignored on here..

The first step to a visa is a German admission.. That one sef na another long process before financial means, visa booking and all

If you have not made up your mind that the processing will take months.. You might want to watch ur next comments..

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by highbeey(m): 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2015
@eke and all the house am sorry for drawing you guys backward.
I should have read the previous thread
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by highbeey(m): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
@twinkle thanks for the humanly reply I admit am in such a hurry.
a lesson learnt
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:
@eke and all the house am sorry for drawing you guys backward.
I should have read the previous thread

In as much as your questions are....

May be I can advise that you send a Personal Message to a Nairalander on this very thread to put you through..

If u do that you can ask one billion questions.. Lol no be today.. May be you are just one of the types that ask a lot..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:
@twinkle thanks for the humanly reply I admit am in such a hurry.
a lesson learnt

Hahaha I knew it cheesy..
You want visa now now LOL ..
People are farrrrr nicer when you communicate with them one on one than on here oooo.
Send a pm to Nairalander to help..
Nd yes read the thread.. Like skim through sharply.. You will know who to pm..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinklestar(m): 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
seek4yemi1:
For those travelling soon this is a piece of advise for u,tho all airline indicate 30kg max lug for each person bt some airline gives grace of 40kg lug and 10kg hand luggage, I know of Etihad airline and Qatar airline bt as for Emirate airline if ur 30kg is over 1kg u have to pay o

@seek4yemi1, i can't seem to figure out nairaland p.m.
My mail is idowumichael49@gmail.com. what's ur mail?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by highbeey(m): 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
I really appreciate all the kind gesture.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
ajala20:
Pls brothers I need help are these documents enough to be able to apply to any school in Germany for MSC?:Cv, notification of result, waec certificate, letter of English proficiency from my university and my transcript. And when will application start this September. I've searched a lot and I've not really found any school that offers admission in september. Pls brothers I need help. Thanks in anticipation for your replies
Are u searching for schools that offer admission for summer in september or that begin application in september? If it is for d latter of course there are many, if for the former then I'll beg you to calm down. By the way what course are you searching for or better still let us know ur discipline at the barchelor's level? It is one step at a time my good friend. Ciao.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
highbeey:

First.. is your CGPA 2.5/5.. i.e Nigeria scale or GP after graduating?

Answering this question would determine if you should continue or not or even answer your question>>BSC or MSC?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
I got in contact with one Estate agent too. He advised me never to give a dime to anyone until I see that apartment am paying for live and direct. He said that if I mistakingly send any money to any landlord or estate agent na sorry be my name ooo!

Infact the agent nice baje! I had to call and thank him for the advise. Though the Studentenwerk at Tubingen sent me a list of private landlords to contact in case am unable to wait for them to allocate room to me.

Are you also heading to Tubingen?
kanweYest:

Same here. I'm on the waiting list too.

I've been trying those websites with shared flats and co too but haven't gotten any response, maybe because I didn't write in German.

I've recently decided to try 'estate agents' in Germany. Got in touch with one yesterday that replied today asking what room size, cost range etc that I need . I'll let you know how that goes. I have no idea how much they charge though.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
seek4yemi1:
you are welcome...hollytan flew emirate on Saturday and carried around 40kg ....i no know where you get your own information
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2015
Honourable members of the house, i greet una ooooo..... Uni-assist just sent my payment confirmation reciept . will be pushing first set of my application documents to them tomorrow for SOUTH WESTPHALIA UNI. APPLICATION. pls concerning recommendation letter, my second referee is not responding well ooo, do they actually contact them (referees) maybe by phone or mail? i mean , how serious do they take this cuz it seems i will manipulate an old recommendation given to me before? i'm applying for MSc summer 2016.......... i hail una ooooooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
sonyville:
Honourable members of the house, i greet una ooooo..... Uni-assist just sent my payment confirmation reciept . will be pushing first set of my application documents to them tomorrow for SOUTH WESTPHALIA UNI. APPLICATION. pls concerning recommendation letter, my second referee is not responding well ooo, do they actually contact them (referees) maybe by phone or mail? i mean , how serious do they take this cuz it seems i will manipulate an old recommendation given to me before? i'm applying for MSc summer 2016.......... i hail una ooooooo

Bro, integrity in academia is taken very seriously. Once foul play is exposed, the player is severely shamed. Plagiarism and manipulation are even more serious offences. See what Uni Konstanz did to their very own Jans Hendrik Schon who manipulated data at the Bell Labs and won several awards in the process. His PHd was revoked and he was suspended from all scientific societies.

That said, it is highly unlikely that schools contact your referees. This is because there are always too many applicants and the academic world is one of trust. Every researcher trusts that the other is telling the truth. So in your case, the school is highly unlikely to detect your foul play.

However I advise that you talk to another lecturer who can stand in place of this one or find out exactly what the problem is with this current referee and what can be done to rectify this problem. I strongly advise against foul play.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ajala20: 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
kilo4sure:

Are u searching for schools that offer admission for summer in september or that begin application in september? If it is for d latter of course there are many, if for the former then I'll beg you to calm down. By the way what course are you searching for or better still let us know ur discipline at the barchelor's level? It is one step at a time my good friend. Ciao.
I'm searching for schools that begin application by September bro. And the course I studied is accounting. I really appreciate Ur reply bro. Thank u very much.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2015
^^^
Bro kill the ginger...I hope you know you some schools only bring out their application forms when their application portal opens? It is not a must for you to apply to only schools that open up application portals in September. Re-visit daad.de with a notebook and pen. Take note of all your desired courses, the time they accept applications, their various requirements, and use this period to start meeting all the respective requirements, if you haven't prior to now, one by one. Start packaging and re-packaging your documents, and about two weeks before their application portal opens, fire your documents using NIPOST. cheesy
PS: If you can't find the application forms before portal opens, contact the admission officer via e-mail. Many a times, they'd make it available to you.
GoodLuck cool

sonyville:

bro, I have been in your shoes... grin ... I know exactly how it feels like. Those lecturers can form Enemy of Progress ehn.. What lmuhopeful says is correct, I am not disputing the fact, and You still have some time to seek out other recommenders... Try that option, but if it fails and time is no longer your friend, PM me. I'd let you in on a lil secret only a privileged few Ogas on here know about.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 2:52am On Sep 08, 2015
@sonyville, I understand some lecturers can be a pain, but no matter what - do not manipulate any sort of document!!! Let your admission approval be based on total honesty. Try others too, even lecturers that you've had just a single course with or volunteer with on some sort of activity (Red Cross, Media Presentations whatnot). Trust me, don't even think of forging/manipulating any doc whatsoever. The system will come back and bite you in the butt and will raise scrutiny on Nigerians in whatever UNI you are planning to apply to. I am speaking because the story you hear from International Offices about Nigerian students are not as pleasant as those from other countries. Believe me, Naija get history for schools outside too. From forging payment slips to submitting fake documents. It has gone so bad that even some UNI's require you submit the ORIGINAL certificates upon enrollment and they hold it through to when you graduate. And don't just say it's a recommendation letter, noone will find out. You never can tell.

That being said, all the best in your Applications.

bro, I have been in your shoes... grin ... I know exactly how it feels like. Those lecturers can form Enemy of Progress ehn.. What lmuhopeful says is correct, I am not disputing the fact, and You still have some time to seek out other recommenders... Try that option, but if it fails and time is no longer your friend, PM me. I'd let you in on a lil secret only a privileged few Ogas on here know about.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kanweYest: 7:44am On Sep 08, 2015
victz:
I got in contact with one Estate agent too. He advised me never to give a dime to anyone until I see that apartment am paying for live and direct. He said that if I mistakingly send any money to any landlord or estate agent na sorry be my name ooo!

Infact the agent nice baje! I had to call and thank him for the advise. Though the Studentenwerk at Tubingen sent me a list of private landlords to contact in case am unable to wait for them to allocate room to me.

Are you also heading to Tubingen?

Lol , no doubt. Man must reach there before making any payments. I'm just hoping they can get me the room & make all necessary arrangements so once I get there, I'll just pay and move in.

I doubt the Studentenwerken would give me room in time for resumption sha coz I applied really late. Na why I dey consider other options.

& yes, hopefully & by God's grace, I'll also be heading to Tübingen. I never do interview tho. That one is in a few days.

Do you speak German?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by casper9: 8:12am On Sep 08, 2015
@Obiwann. my guy already sent his docs already through nipost, but I would like to know if its same process that got yours to germany in 32 days from benin city, he was told that d previous process is no longer in place or so, and was told to buy stamp.
is it d stamp you used aswell?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 8:42am On Sep 08, 2015
Na beginners level we dey ooo. Na only the one wey we they take pass for road we sabi. Had my interview early last month. The waiting period is something else. If you have not funded try to fund your blocked account before your interview. What course are you going to study and when is your enrolment deadline?
kanweYest:

Lol , no doubt. Man must reach there before making any payments. I'm just hoping they can get me the room & make all necessary arrangements so once I get there, I'll just pay and move in.

I doubt the Studentenwerken would give me room in time for resumption sha coz I applied really late. Na why I dey consider other options.

& yes, hopefully & by God's grace, I'll also be heading to Tübingen. I never do interview tho. That one is in a few days.

Do you speak German?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:49am On Sep 08, 2015
casper9:
@Obiwann. my guy already sent his docs already through nipost, but I would like to know if its same process that got yours to germany in 32 days from benin city, he was told that d previous process is no longer in place or so, and was told to buy stamp.
is it d stamp you used aswell?
Na registered mail him use? hw much him pay? Yes, i bought stamps as well, and it cost me 300/350 naira only.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.